3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday 03/22/2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/255358-ip-daily-chat-thursday-03-22-2012-a.html)

rissimo 03-22-2012 07:08 AM

IP Daily Chat Thursday 03/22/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Cadu 03-22-2012 07:21 AM

Happy Thursday Everybody

Today is going to be close to 80 degrees ... I just may put on a pair of shorts and try to get some color on these bright white legs of mine.

Summer is coming, time to start shedding clothes, so lets shed those pounds!

I hope everyone has a great OP day today.

mamacitaof2 03-22-2012 07:22 AM

Good Morning everyone! This week is going by pretty fast. I'm anxious for weigh in tomorrow. Even though I weigh every day, I still get anxious for the "official" results.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!

kellycg102 03-22-2012 07:34 AM

Morning everyone, not overly happy with my weight loss this week;( I expected my second week weigh in to be more, especially seeing some other peoples loss for the second week. I know everyone is different, but a little discouraging. Keeping on track today and trying for a better number this week. I am not going to weight train this week, although I only trained twice this past week, but I will try none and see what happens. Have a great OP day everyone, looks like it is going to be record high temps in Ontario today;) Love that!

Weigh in with trainer on Wednesday WI#1 -7(a day earlier) WI#2 -2
Weigh in at home Thursday morn. WI#1 -8.6 WI#2 -1.6

Ducksmy 03-22-2012 07:34 AM

HaPpY SnApPy ThUrSdAy!
Here's hoping everyone has a great day! Feeling great!
Smile, love and laugh!

Chloe222 03-22-2012 08:06 AM

Good morning all,
I read Dr. Chanh's book (found in opening message of this thread, see the last link for free download). It is interesting, I learned a lot, and because of it, I tightened up my Phase 1 diet in the past 2 days. (Unofficially, through at home weigh ins, I also lost 2 more pounds in 2 days, as of this morning.) While being motivated to stay on phase 1, this has really strengthened my determination.

I read a little each day for 3 days - I wholeheartedly recommend reading this. It's so much easier to stay on this when you understand the theory behind it.

Wishing all a happy, healthy IP day!

momof2greatcats 03-22-2012 08:09 AM

Happy Thursday.
I stayed OP yesterday, but switched all the food around. Had a lunch meeting at work - should have brought my own protein and veg but didn't (I tend to eat my protein for lunch at work and packet for dinner at home) and they had fried chicken tenders. Picked off all the coating - didn't leave me with much chicken for the effort. :p put that on a salad and used WF dressing. I got home from work early, but was really hungry so ate some of the protein I'd taken to work for lunch with veg and a pudding packet, then was STILL hungry, so ate the chocolate pancake packet made into a muffin in the microwave - I wasn't really happy with how that came out - is is better in the oven?
Then I took a nap, lol. Got up drank a ton of water and went to bible study, had the rest of my protein on a nice salad w/ lots of good veg and finally felt better.
What a wierd day, but all's well that ends well, I guess.
That's been my hardest day on IP since I started... day 11.

Hoping today is smoother!

rissimo 03-22-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellycg102 (Post 4263178)
Morning everyone, not overly happy with my weight loss this week;( I expected my second week weigh in to be more, especially seeing some other peoples loss for the second week. I know everyone is different, but a little discouraging. Keeping on track today and trying for a better number this week. I am not going to weight train this week, although I only trained twice this past week, but I will try none and see what happens. Have a great OP day everyone, looks like it is going to be record high temps in Ontario today;) Love that!

Any loss is a great loss!!!! It is that much less that you are carrying around on your body this week than you were last week.

Maybe this will make you look at it differently:

Only One Pound
Hello, do you know me?
If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat,
And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.
Want to know why?
It's because no one ever wants to lose me;
I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!
Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.
So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.
That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.
Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.
So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."
For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.
And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.
Happy Days!!!
After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!
- Author Unknown

I have printed this off and have it hanging at me desk at work, and taped it to the door above the scale.

Chin up, your body will adjust and it will begin to melt off. :hug:

Lettuce wrap 03-22-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellycg102 (Post 4263178)

Almost 11 lbs in two weeks. That is great. Most of the postings show a much higher WI 1 than 2. Keep it up!

shiipa 03-22-2012 08:44 AM

Happy Thursday all.
I have decided it's time for a little reward and will schedule myself a facial. My other non-food rewards are simple but help me feel good:
-bought a body exfoliant and used it for the first time this morning
-got a Clarisonic and use it twice a day
-had a consultation at the Clinique counter for some eye make-up (the application is a little challenging because of poor eye sight. I'm not sure I'll have the time after Spring Break).
You guessed it, it's all about skin. I'll hold off on the clothes until I get closer to where I want to be.
Have a great day:hug:

salmongirl 03-22-2012 08:58 AM

Good morning everyone! I got to change my avatar today! That is always fun. Getting ready to go on vacation saturday so I have been busy planning what products to take. I plan on staying 100% OP.
I can't wait to feel the sunshine, we are going to San Antonio and I am so excited!
I hope everyone has a great day!

angie773 03-22-2012 09:01 AM

good morning everyone! so yesterday was a trying day for me. i finally really felt the hunger pangs and i gave in, i had 1 ritz cracker. I feel so bad and you are all the first to know. that was in addition to my extra packet of IP food i had yesterday. I really hope i didnt just mess everything up.

Chloe222 03-22-2012 09:19 AM

Angie,
My thought is to use the guilt and disappointment to become even more determined to stay totally on the program.

The damage is done, although Dr. Tran Chanh (IP Diet founder) says in his book if you have a slip up, be sure the next day you absolutely adhere to the program. Perhaps reading the book or a few sections of it might be helpful. The free download is available at the last link of the IP Daily thread intro message.

coffeebean 03-22-2012 09:26 AM

Angie773, it is a new day you can do it. I cannot tell you how much better I feel when I am on this diet. All the processed foods are out of my system and I have energy, my skin looks good and I feel good.

mlucas 03-22-2012 09:30 AM

Good morn All!
I had my WI yesterday and I lost another 2lbs. And my coach told me I am averaging 3.5lbs a week so I am happy about that. I did try the BBQ chip things..omg.. LOVE! I haven't had anything but the bars, which I love too so excited to try new things... on to week 4! :) Starting to notice a difference in how I look in my clothes, no one else can but I can. My fiance noticed when he wraps his arms around me that they are over lapping more and more :D and of course the dreaded skin sag and squishness :( but I'm ok with that... just lop it off later! :D lol