Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky7285 View Post
Good Morning all,

It will be hot in NYC today as well 80 degrees, I did well on OP yesterday this my third day I did have one slip up at the hockey game I had a cracker jack kernel but only one my friend gave me one and I wasn`t thinking I had a headache but I had some sea salt in the eveing and my head felt so much better. Guess I `ll have to buy some sea salt at Duane reade for my desk

This morning after Physical Therapy I had a peanut butter bar yum yum !!

Congrats to all those who lost weight You Rock!

You guys can do it! -Candice
See if you can buy the "Real Salt" Sea Salt - this is the one IP recommends. Health food stores sell it and its a less expensive through the health food stores. Has lots of minerals in it.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #47  
Peggy

S/C/G: 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I have a couple of questions for you.....you said you caved in and had ONE ritz cracker.....what did that cracker do for you? did you remember what it tasted like 15 minutes after you ate it? did you feel satisfaction with that ONE cracker? what if you didn't have that cracker? was it because it was there you wanted it? if you wouldn't of seen it what would you have wanted?...Just a few things to think about. YOU have to have control over food....YOU have to do SELF TALKING....YOU can talk YOURSELF out of ANYTHING...YOU can do this!

Don't wait until the NEXT day to start back OP, do it THE NEXT meal!!!

Sorry I didn't start the thread last night but the weather was really bad here and we were without power for a few hours, was no better this morning. Still getting rain, hopefully it will stop soon!
Wuv, you made some very good points about that cracker. I still have junk food in my house and I spend most of my day in the kitchen (it's my favorite room in the house) and I make sure all snacks are in the cabinets hidden cause if I don't see it I don't want it. Of course the wonderful thing about IP is I've learned self control and I have absolutely no cravings for junk.
I really hope this rain moves out really soon, I'm going to need a boat to get around in if we get much more.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #48  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
I have been faithfully following the program. Did anyone else have trouble eating two full cups of veggies plus 5 oz of meat for dinner? That's a bigger portion than what I'm used to eating. I think my metabolism had stalled - how else could the pounds be creeping on when I was eating so little?
I had a lot of difficulty eating my full portion in the early days. I was also very bloated when I first started so I was very uncomfortable. You can have 2 eggs in lieu of your meat if that is a problem. Later I learned I could get in more beef/steak than chicken because the chicken was so boring to me. And the red meat seemed more tasty so I wanted more. Now, it's not a problem. LOL. Can't get enough some times. Like others said, some veggies cook down a lot. Brocoli does not but mushrooms cook down a lot and so do bell peppers and other veggies with a lot of water in them will cook down nicely. In about a week or two, you might find yourself to be more hungry.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneurohr View Post
I was a little disappointed with my weigh in yesterday. I only lost .25 pounds. I talked to my coach about it and they were not requiring me to track my foods anymore since I was doing so well for such a long time. Well I decided that I am going to track track track.

We also talked about what I did over the week. I was out of town for most of it and was not on schedule so we think that had a lot to do with it. I was eating snacks super late, like 10 PM, usually I don't eat after 6 or 7 depending on what time we cook dinner. I also didn't get all of my veggies in for the week.

I was really bummed out last night but thanks to my WONDERFUL fiance I was able to get over it and move ahead. I ordered my tracker from Amazon.com this morning and I am going to use that baby ALL the time! I even decided that I am not going to use any WF this week. If I have salad I am going to make homemade dressing. Oh boy I hope this week is better.

With only 9 pounds left I feel like this could take forever!
Kym, You have done so well!! You've lost so much, you must look and feel great. Stay the course, you're almost there.

Wuv posted a link to interesting article yesterday about self sabotage. I don't have the link - its somewhere on these boards - but it is interesting why when people sometimes get so close to what they want, they don't finish what they started, don't achieve the success they sought. Don't want to be downer, but ultimately gets down to self esteem and self image. So, that said, be your own best friend, pump yourself up with positive self talk daily, keep the goal in mind. not easy, but with the support of all these great folks on 3FC, you can do it. You're worth it.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 222/187/140

Thanks for the info DanafromAustin!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

You can do it Tbird. We are the same height but my goal is only 145. Maybe once I get to my goal I will keep going
Old 03-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishas View Post
Hi Dakin,
I have the same problem with not being able to eat everything. I really haven't seen much on the forum about this problem.

I'm on my third week and it's still bothering me. If I eat too much, I start throwing up or have terrific stomach and abdominal pain all day and night. I also wasn't eating this much prior to starting this diet.

So I split up the protein and have 3 -4 oz at lunch and the rest (4-5 oz) at dinner for a total of 8oz/day. Look at the veggies and some really cook down like spinach does. You can even blend the spinach with your protein drink - it goes down easier. Remember all measurements are pre-cooked. A lot of this will be trial and error to see what you can tolerate.

Some people even split up the veggies and have them 3-4 X's / day. That makes it easier.

That being said - I'm losing weight! and couldn't be happier.
I also split my protein - 2oz at lunch, 6 oz at dinner, early to bed (to read those books I've been meaning to) and to stay out of the kitchen. Works well, along with drinking about 120 oz/day of Mio water. I don't have cravings or weakness during the day.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #53  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Here is the article from yesterday.....
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/akras...#axzz1ph6ZJYKB
Old 03-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #54  

Quote:
I have a couple of questions for you.....you said you caved in and had ONE ritz cracker.....what did that cracker do for you? did you remember what it tasted like 15 minutes after you ate it? did you feel satisfaction with that ONE cracker? what if you didn't have that cracker? was it because it was there you wanted it? if you wouldn't of seen it what would you have wanted?...Just a few things to think about. YOU have to have control over food....YOU have to do SELF TALKING....YOU can talk YOURSELF out of ANYTHING...YOU can do this!

Don't wait until the NEXT day to start back OP, do it THE NEXT meal!!!

Sorry I didn't start the thread last night but the weather was really bad here and we were without power for a few hours, was no better this morning. Still getting rain, hopefully it will stop soon!
Wuv is right, adhere to the diet with the next mouthful!
Old 03-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Default You can guess the end of this story...

So I was all excited at lunch to try out the pudding recipe where you take chocolate pudding with more water and add a bit of coffee.
I put water in my shaker, poured in the packet, and set the cover on top while I turn around to make the coffee. Keep in mind i'm at work in our pantry. I start the K-cup coffee and turn back around to shake the pudding. I shake it and it splurges EVERYWHERE!! I forgot to snap the cover on! UGH! Someone else was in the pantry making something in the microwave and he helped me clean it up a bit. I'm pretty sure I got some on him too After 10 minutes of wiping the floor and cupboards down, I finish what I started. Since I didnt shake the pudding right away, it came out all clumpy but I added the coffee anyways. It was yummy but wow can't believe I did that!
It's happened at home before and I told myself "well at least it didnt happen at work"... now it has. Lesson learned? It'll probably happen again.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #56  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag23 View Post
Happy Thurs everyone........WI for me today. Not doing as well as I should. Thanks for the info on Dr Chan's book. I need to get back on board!
Yesterday I got very sad news.....My darling friend has been diagnosed with stomack cancer with Mets to the bowel.......Pray join with me to pray for this beautiful woman.

I am close to my goal and feel I'm getting sloppy in my menues,need a boot in the butte! Have been walking and plan to start cycling this week. Ok off to get this busy day underway..........Joann
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I pray she will be okay.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
So I was all excited at lunch to try out the pudding recipe where you take chocolate pudding with more water and add a bit of coffee.
I put water in my shaker, poured in the packet, and set the cover on top while I turn around to make the coffee. Keep in mind i'm at work in our pantry. I start the K-cup coffee and turn back around to shake the pudding. I shake it and it splurges EVERYHERE!! I forgot to snap the cover on! UGH! Someone else was in the pantry making something in the microwave and he helped me clean it up a bit. I'm pretty sure I got some on him too After 10 minutes of wiping the floor and cupboards down, I finish what I started. Since I didnt shake the pudding right away, it came out all clumpy but I added the coffee anyways. It was yummy but wow can't believe I did that!
It's happened at home before and I told myself "well at least it didnt happen at work"... now it has. Lesson learned? It'll probably happen again.
When I was at my mom's last week she gave me the WF BBQ sauce to put on my chicken and when I went to shake it, the top wasn't screwed on and it went EVERYWHERE!!.....she was like LISA MARIE!....i said HEY its not my fault its YOUR BBQ sauce....lol....she said you would think you were a child again....lol....we laughed about it!
Old 03-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #58  
Peggy

S/C/G: 191/ticker/135

Quote:
When I was at my mom's last week she gave me the WF BBQ sauce to put on my chicken and when I went to shake it, the top wasn't screwed on and it went EVERYWHERE!!.....she was like LISA MARIE!....i said HEY its not my fault its YOUR BBQ sauce....lol....she said you would think you were a child again....lol....we laughed about it!
I was at a potluck on Sunday and the person in front of me went to get some mustard for her brat and the lid came off mid shake. It happens. Lisa, my aunt has said very similar things to me. I told her that last time that I was still her child, even though I was pushing 40. LOL. As a side note, I tried the WF thick and spicy BBQ sauce and it has became my condiment of choice. My 17 year old loves it and he has been eating it with his steak. I wish I had his healthy eating habits when I was 17.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicpinecone View Post
I was at a potluck on Sunday and the person in front of me went to get some mustard for her brat and the lid came off mid shake. It happens. Lisa, my aunt has said very similar things to me. I told her that last time that I was still her child, even though I was pushing 40. LOL. As a side note, I tried the WF thick and spicy BBQ sauce and it has became my condiment of choice. My 17 year old loves it and he has been eating it with his steak. I wish I had his healthy eating habits when I was 17.
Have you tried the Honey BBQ sauce....its another YUMMY one. I keep both in the fridge at all times, my boys like them as well!
Old 03-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Good morning all. My leggings today do not have an X in the size. Yippee.. Also put on a tshirt this morning that looked okay three weeks ago. Today it hangs on me. Great for the ego, but tough on the wallet. I think I need to go shopping again. Oh darn.

I have needed to phase out for surgery, and have just started my third week on phase three. In the three weeks since I started the phase off, I have lost 6 pounds. It is really quite shocking. There is no difference in rate of change since phase one. Any thoughts??
I go to the Goodwill and I am going to hit the yard sales for clothes. I only get a few items becouse I am determined not to stay in them long.
Closed Thread