Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
So I was all excited at lunch to try out the pudding recipe where you take chocolate pudding with more water and add a bit of coffee.
I put water in my shaker, poured in the packet, and set the cover on top while I turn around to make the coffee. Keep in mind i'm at work in our pantry. I start the K-cup coffee and turn back around to shake the pudding. I shake it and it splurges EVERYWHERE!! I forgot to snap the cover on! UGH! Someone else was in the pantry making something in the microwave and he helped me clean it up a bit. I'm pretty sure I got some on him too After 10 minutes of wiping the floor and cupboards down, I finish what I started. Since I didnt shake the pudding right away, it came out all clumpy but I added the coffee anyways. It was yummy but wow can't believe I did that!
It's happened at home before and I told myself "well at least it didnt happen at work"... now it has. Lesson learned? It'll probably happen again.
Funny story! You work w/ nice people.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Ok, I feel like it's time to officially introduce myself.
I usually check the board at night, and then find it's on page 8 or 9, and I feel like no one will read that far to say hello.
I'm on day 6 of IP and have never been so committed to a diet before! (And believe me, I've tried a few...) However, I don't feel like my pants are getting any looser, so I'm worried that somehow I'm not doing it right and I will be disappointed by my first weigh in - next Monday.
I have been faithfully following the program. Did anyone else have trouble eating two full cups of veggies plus 5 oz of meat for dinner? That's a bigger portion than what I'm used to eating. I think my metabolism had stalled - how else could the pounds be creeping on when I was eating so little?
I am facing my 47th birthday in a couple of weeks, and am just tired of always feeling yucky in my body. I have a closet full of clothes, but can only comfortably wear about 1/10 of them.
I lost weight and lost weight and my pants did not seem to get loose then I put them on one day and they about fell off. It is crazy how this diet seems to work. Hang it soon you clothes will fall off.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #63  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Any suggestions on weight training? Like what types to do and what's best?
Also i'm a bit affraid to start strength training in fear that the scale will go backwards, since muscle is heavier than fat...
Old 03-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag23 View Post
Happy Thurs everyone........WI for me today. Not doing as well as I should. Thanks for the info on Dr Chan's book. I need to get back on board!
Yesterday I got very sad news.....My darling friend has been diagnosed with stomack cancer with Mets to the bowel.......Pray join with me to pray for this beautiful woman.

I am close to my goal and feel I'm getting sloppy in my menues,need a boot in the butte! Have been walking and plan to start cycling this week. Ok off to get this busy day underway..........Joann
Will defintately pray for your freind. And also will pray that God will give you the courage and love that you need to help her this time.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #65  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
So I was all excited at lunch to try out the pudding recipe where you take chocolate pudding with more water and add a bit of coffee.
I put water in my shaker, poured in the packet, and set the cover on top while I turn around to make the coffee. Keep in mind i'm at work in our pantry. I start the K-cup coffee and turn back around to shake the pudding. I shake it and it splurges EVERYWHERE!! I forgot to snap the cover on! UGH! Someone else was in the pantry making something in the microwave and he helped me clean it up a bit. I'm pretty sure I got some on him too After 10 minutes of wiping the floor and cupboards down, I finish what I started. Since I didnt shake the pudding right away, it came out all clumpy but I added the coffee anyways. It was yummy but wow can't believe I did that!
It's happened at home before and I told myself "well at least it didnt happen at work"... now it has. Lesson learned? It'll probably happen again.
Uh-oh and that pudding. Eeh...it does not come off. Be careful with hot beverages in that shaker.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #66  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

WI #12 tonight. I am hoping for 3-4 lbs. I hope I'm being realistic... However, with PMS I can just tell that I'm retaining some water, ugh! I'll be okay with anything greater than 2... wish me luck.

Hope everyone is having a beautiful OP day!
Old 03-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #67  
ReBoot 1/5/2015

S/C/G: 234.6/229/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
I had a lot of difficulty eating my full portion in the early days. I was also very bloated when I first started so I was very uncomfortable. You can have 2 eggs in lieu of your meat if that is a problem. Later I learned I could get in more beef/steak than chicken because the chicken was so boring to me. And the red meat seemed more tasty so I wanted more. Now, it's not a problem. LOL. Can't get enough some times. Like others said, some veggies cook down a lot. Brocoli does not but mushrooms cook down a lot and so do bell peppers and other veggies with a lot of water in them will cook down nicely. In about a week or two, you might find yourself to be more hungry.
Yeah, I should have added roasting veggies earlier. I've found they're much easier to eat the full portions this way as well.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
When I was at my mom's last week she gave me the WF BBQ sauce to put on my chicken and when I went to shake it, the top wasn't screwed on and it went EVERYWHERE!!.....she was like LISA MARIE!....i said HEY its not my fault its YOUR BBQ sauce....lol....she said you would think you were a child again....lol....we laughed about it!
lol yeah! That shaker is becoming my enemy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Funny story! You work w/ nice people.
I was lucky he wasnt really mad.. he's an associate at the law firm I work at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Uh-oh and that pudding. Eeh...it does not come off. Be careful with hot beverages in that shaker.
Hopefully he didnt get it too bad! I was trying to shake it to make the pudding before mixing it with the coffee but didnt even think to check if the cap was securely snapped shut. Oh well.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 206/174/160

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyjo View Post
I go to the Goodwill and I am going to hit the yard sales for clothes. I only get a few items becouse I am determined not to stay in them long.
Every Wednesday the Salvation Army is 50% off everything, except 1 color of tag! It's a good day to stock up!
Old 03-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #70  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
Also i'm a bit affraid to start strength training in fear that the scale will go backwards, since muscle is heavier than fat...
I work just about every part of my body. One of the trainers at my gym sat down with me and asked what I wanted from strength training. Based on our discussion we worked out a plan for me. I strength train about 5 days a week (I spread out the areas worked to give them a rest the following day) and also do some light cardio before just to warm up my muscles. Don't worry about the scale going backward with strength training. We aren't trying to be the next Miss Universe. Just trying to loose body fat, build muscle and keep as much loose skin away as possible.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #71  
Started IP 2/28/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I work just about every part of my body. One of the trainers at my gym sat down with me and asked what I wanted from strength training. Based on our discussion we worked out a plan for me. I strength train about 5 days a week (I spread out the areas worked to give them a rest the following day) and also do some light cardio before just to warm up my muscles. Don't worry about the scale going backward with strength training. We aren't trying to be the next Miss Universe. Just trying to loose body fat, build muscle and keep as much loose skin away as possible.
Awesome, I might have to go back and pull out my work out regine from when i had a trainer. Thanks for the tips! This is going to be me tonight->
Old 03-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
If you plan on building muscle, you will need to consume something like 20%more protein or like another packet. There is a lot of good info here, http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/cat...or-muscle-gain on muscle sparing diets like IP and weight training.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #73  
Started IP 2/28/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityberry View Post
If you plan on building muscle, you will need to consume something like 20%more protein or like another packet. There is a lot of good info here, http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/cat...or-muscle-gain on muscle sparing diets like IP and weight training.
Awesome, thanks! I bookmarked it and getting my read on!!! I dont plan on going at it that hard, but will def. be making a call to my coach later after reading this!
Old 03-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #74  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityberry View Post
Thanks for mentioning that, I forgot. I always have an extra packet on workout days. 1/2 before and 1/2 after the work out.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #75  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Wink Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Here is the article from yesterday.....
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/akras...#axzz1ph6ZJYKB
I liked the article...worth reading
Closed Thread