Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 08:26 AM   #496  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

It is cold out today - it rained everyday this week. Yesterdays high was 42 and it felt colder. When I was on IP before I was cold all of the time, but that hasn't happened this time. I think it would give me comfort and reassurance that things were right in my body if I was cold. Time, the scale, and my clothes will tell.

I am off for the next three days and on Monday I am going to an out of town for three days to a conference with a few of my staff and 11 clients. I will take my RTD shakes and eat on "plan". They serve most of the meals, so it may be difficult, but I have done it many times before. When I get back I will be home for 4 days and then my husband and I are going to go to Ohio for 5 days to visit his only sister. We are eating out for Thanksgiving, so I already have it planned in my head that I am eating Lobster and Steak - I just wish I could have the butter, I will eat a salad with it. Then home again for a few more days before going back to work on the 28th.

I am in a good frame of mind today and it all seems simple because there is a definite "plan" that I eat on. Seems so strange that I fought with myself so long before I could genuinely recommit to this program again. Last night I wrote on here how I was angry about having to live on this plan and how some people ate what I want to eat and can weigh the same tomorrow and I can't (I deleted it because I didn't think other people wanted to listen to my ravings). When I got up this morning I felt differently - I remember the peace I had for 7 months on "plan" because I didn't have to make decisions about eating any "junk". The decision was already made and I lived comfortably in it. That is how I feel this morning - at peace with it and myself.

Have a good day and I hope everyone has peace with themselves today.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #497  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
It is cold out today - it rained everyday this week. Yesterdays high was 42 and it felt colder. When I was on IP before I was cold all of the time, but that hasn't happened this time. I think it would give me comfort and reassurance that things were right in my body if I was cold. Time, the scale, and my clothes will tell.

I am off for the next three days and on Monday I am going to an out of town for three days to a conference with a few of my staff and 11 clients. I will take my RTD shakes and eat on "plan". They serve most of the meals, so it may be difficult, but I have done it many times before. When I get back I will be home for 4 days and then my husband and I are going to go to Ohio for 5 days to visit his only sister. We are eating out for Thanksgiving, so I already have it planned in my head that I am eating Lobster and Steak - I just wish I could have the butter, I will eat a salad with it. Then home again for a few more days before going back to work on the 28th.

I am in a good frame of mind today and it all seems simple because there is a definite "plan" that I eat on. Seems so strange that I fought with myself so long before I could genuinely recommit to this program again. Last night I wrote on here how I was angry about having to live on this plan and how some people ate what I want to eat and can weigh the same tomorrow and I can't (I deleted it because I didn't think other people wanted to listen to my ravings). When I got up this morning I felt differently - I remember the peace I had for 7 months on "plan" because I didn't have to make decisions about eating any "junk". The decision was already made and I lived comfortably in it. That is how I feel this morning - at peace with it and myself.

Have a good day and I hope everyone has peace with themselves today.
Rosemary, I read your post last night and started to reply to it but then I couldn't find the right words. I know exactly where you were coming from. I think it is perfectly normal to feel that way. We all have our down days. That is why we come to this site for support. I don't get upset with others that can eat and not gain. I get upset with myself for letting food control my every thought and movement. Upset that I can't control myself to just have a taste of something. If I taste it, I will eat it all. I call myself a food addict.

I think we should consider ourselves lucky that we recognize our down falls with food and know how to deal with it and want to. There's many out there that think they can't do anything about it or choose not to. We're in a good spot.

What a difference a day can make. Hang in there and we'll get through this together. One day at a time. We have the power and the knowledge to succeed. Just think of the things we can do when we set out minds to it. We're unstoppable.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #498  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

I am on week 3 of restarting. I challenged my mom who both of us had gained a few lbs on maintenance. We are on Phase 1 until Thanksgiving (we will eat on reasonably on that day) and then sticking with it until Christmas. It feels good to have that extra weight off and all my 10's fit great again. I always hovered between 160 and 165 for maintenance, but I am wanting to get to 150 to have a little more wiggle room with much less stress.

I am down 12 lbs and now with my renewed goal have 18 more to go. I realize I am doing this at the worst possible time, but I am committed and love IP. I even joined the Holiday Challenge to be accountable.

In my personal life, I am going to finish this year at my school where I am the secretary and quit so I can focus more on my singing ministry and my job as the music director at church! SO EXCITED, but still have 6 1/2 months to go, so I need to finish strong! If I feel like I need to find part time work after that, they have asked if I would like to be a coach for Ideal Protein. That would definitely hold me accountable Have a great day!
Old 11-11-2011, 01:20 PM   #499  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
I am on week 3 of restarting. I challenged my mom who both of us had gained a few lbs on maintenance. We are on Phase 1 until Thanksgiving (we will eat on reasonably on that day) and then sticking with it until Christmas. It feels good to have that extra weight off and all my 10's fit great again. I always hovered between 160 and 165 for maintenance, but I am wanting to get to 150 to have a little more wiggle room with much less stress.

I am down 12 lbs and now with my renewed goal have 18 more to go. I realize I am doing this at the worst possible time, but I am committed and love IP. I even joined the Holiday Challenge to be accountable.

In my personal life, I am going to finish this year at my school where I am the secretary and quit so I can focus more on my singing ministry and my job as the music director at church! SO EXCITED, but still have 6 1/2 months to go, so I need to finish strong! If I feel like I need to find part time work after that, they have asked if I would like to be a coach for Ideal Protein. That would definitely hold me accountable Have a great day!
What a super post! You almost sound as though you're floating. Go for it.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #500  
Started IP Nov.12,2011

S/C/G: 222/222/140

Height: 5'5

I have been lurking here for a while and have decided to try ideal protein met with coach today and got my food and i am going to start in the morning thought it would be easier than on monday.All of you are such an inspiration to me and i am ready to start this journey with all of you...
Old 11-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #501  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Hi, Rosemary. I'm cold and layered but the apartment isn't that cold. I know. The animals would be under covers if it were. I think Marion's got the right idea about sweaters -- except that and turtlenecks are about all I brought with me. And your plan, and trips, sound great. Especially Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey isn't a big commodity here and I'm trying to figure out what to cook for a vegetarian daughter-in-law. But I opted out of a traditional meal with American friends of my son.

I, too, saw your post last night, or most of it, before I got kicked off the internet. It made me sad, in an empathetic way. I'm sure we've all felt that way one time or another. You just had the guts to say it. Nonetheless, I'm awfully glad the sky's brighter today.
Edit: I just noticed two things when I went in to add my miserably few steps today. THIS is the 500th post. And I've walked over a quarter of a million steps in the last month.
IHM, I'm planning another museum excursion this weekend, so I'll keep you posted. But things could change here, from moment to moment. In fact, I hope they do.

Last edited by Linden; 11-11-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #502  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

iowamom and Linden Well - I had a moment on the pity pot last night, but gratefully I didn't stay there long. IP is a perfect "plan" for me because of the low carbs. As long as I don't gain weight and follow it, I don't have to take insulin. I really do understand that and my addiction to carbs will wane after I abstain from them for a while longer.

Linden I wish I were going to the museum with you. I am going to go as soon - it is something I have always wanted to do. Thanks guys for your support - I feel as if we are all friends.

My puppies love to be under the covers, too. Zoe, the 3 pounder, wears a sweater all of the time from fall til spring. What pals they are.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #503  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Linden if you ever find yourself loving some art postcards from the museums, pick up a few and I'll pay you to get them to me. We have collected them over the years as part of our homeschooling experience and I just like them.

The sweater is great and I got compliments everywhere I went in it. It is a little bit more frumpy than I try to go for most days, but it has nice details.

Rosemary we all have those moments! I think I've had more than my share lately.

I went to my doctor today and actually got some good news for a change! My thyroid numbers are now excellent with the medication I am taking and even my hormone levels are good. My cortisol is dropping a little more than it should at noon, but I could have told them that because I hit the wall at noon. So, I came away from it really only needed to take some support for my adrenal glands and probably not needing to see this doctor for a year unless something changes. It was so nice because she said to me that I've always been able to tell what's going on with my body and so that I should just go with that and if something feels off come see here.

I also her I went back on IP and even though casein is on my low sensitivities, she was supportive and understood when I said I think the good outweighs the bad. She actually thought I had done the hgH diet and so I kind of asked her about that because it wouldn't mean that I was consuming something I knew I was sensitive to multiple times a day, but she thought I was better to stick with IP as long as it's working and I feel good.----Which I am finally starting to do!!!

My husband also had an appointment and he had something kind of weird show up that we are looking into. His DHEA levels are really high---high to the point where they suspect he's getting it from some product he's using, but we have checked ingredients on everything and don't find a cause. We all agreed to do some research over the weekend, but he will probably have to go on something that will reduce his production of DHEA and we'll retest in a few months.

Anyway, so other than finding what's going on with him and continuing to monitor the girls food sensitivities/allergies the only thing left on my medical list is seeing the orthopedic surgeon for my ankle on the 22nd. It's feeling a little better, but at this point, I just want to get it checked out.

Thanks for reading all of this. I'm really feeling happy about all of this, so now, if I can just be responsive to staying on plan and eating what I need for dancing, I'll be good!

I am so thankful for everyone on this message board and I don't say it often, but you are all in my prayers that you will reach your goals and be the best you can be!
Old 11-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #504  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Marion, I've collected art post cards for years! Wish I could share but they're all in Hawai'i. I use them for invitations, and thank you cards; whenever I can. Not something as useful as you do though my son used to love to go through them when he was little. The test news is GREAT. I wish you'd send me your doctor. No joke. I've never had that level of testing. But your husband's isn't. Still, how many doctors would have caught that? If you PM me with your address, and preferences (?), I'll see what I can do. And that site for the Metropolitan Museum of Art is really good.

And I'm so very glad your feeling a little better.

Rosemary, I don't know whether I'm a rotten mother or what, but I gave up today trying to get a winter coat on the pup. When your ears are bigger than your head, nothing will go over it, or come off, comfortably. And Velcro and long hair! So we're just taking short walks for the duration, I guess.

Anyone have a spiffy name for the new thread?

Last edited by Linden; 11-11-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #505  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

This thread is past the 500 post limit and is now closed.
Closed Thread