Old 08-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning All!
209 this morning
Old 08-20-2010, 05:29 PM   #47  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

I've been working my way slowly down the posts almost reluctant to post here. Weigh-in = 167.2; down .2 this week, and a couple of inches. Since the end of week 2 I have officially lost 9 pounds in eight weeks, although I have gone up and down, up and down. Am on my third set of blood work which = insulin resistance and hormone imbalance but no solution offered.

Am I discouraged? Yes. Do I think IP is a great program? Yes. Is it for me, or is it working. I don't know. I have postponed my move to Germany for four months, optimistically thinking there may be a break though that, even in my most hopeful mood, seems ephemeral.

I'm not a quitter. Too thoroughly imbued with the Judeo-Christian work ethic for that. But I do not fancy bloodying my head against a brick wall, day after day.

This is not a plea for pity. And I sure hope it doesn't sound like a whine. I debated a long, long time before I wrote this. I just hope that someone, anyone, can see something I'm missing; or has had a similar experience -- perhaps with a solution?

Fact: I have only cheated once. Ate a Danish curled cookie stick, dipped in melted bitter chocolate and Nutella, and covered with toasted almonds that I made for a friend's birthday. (Come on, if you're going to do something, do it wholeheartedly?!).

Fact: I have followed the IP plan to the letter. Eaten only organic vegetables and low fat fish and meats -- heavy on the Dover sole which is in season.

Fact: Calories have never gone over 930; usually in the 700-820 range.

Fact: Since I got off of the restricted packets my coach required, the highest my total, not net, carb count has not gone over 24 although I eat all the vegetables and 100-200 grams of romaine lettuce daily.

Fact: I gave up alcohol, Pepsi 0, and skimmed milk. No big deal for the alcohol; real withdrawal from the Pepsi. Use stevia as a sweetener. Used to drink 2-3 cups of milk a day and it is the only thing I miss.

Fact: If ketosticks are any indicator, I have never been in ketosis, did not go through withdrawal the first three days, and the euphoria I experienced from mid-week one to the beginning of week three is a distant memory. The only variable here is that I stopped restricted packets at the beginning of week three. If that were the root cause, though, I think I would have adjusted by now.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:42 PM   #48  
aka, Rosie

Unhappy I'm out

Kelsey, please remove me from the Labor Day Challenge. Rosie

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3446457
Old 08-21-2010, 08:34 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 161.2 / 126/ 125

Height: 5' 3"

Default Great weigh-in!

This week was great for me. I have made it to the 130's! 9 pounds from goal now. I am at 139.0 this morning. Michael is at the deer camp this weekend but his weight yesterday was 204.4. He has been frustrated this week at staying the same.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:52 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 161.2 / 126/ 125

Height: 5' 3"

Default Way to go Sgorny!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgorny View Post

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...8-17065823.jpg

OMG!!!! This was this morning's weigh in!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

*dances around, shouting joyfully*

(Excuse the bad pedicure)

I am SO HAPPY for you! I love your "dances around, shouting joyfully" side note...I could just picture it! My hubby's hoping to post that before the challenge ends. Y'all send positive thoughts for him. He has been stagnant this week and is a little discouraged and puzzled.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #51  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Default I posted this in both places, Linny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I've been working my way slowly down the posts almost reluctant to post here. Weigh-in = 167.2; down .2 this week, and a couple of inches. Since the end of week 2 I have officially lost 9 pounds in eight weeks, although I have gone up and down, up and down. Am on my third set of blood work which = insulin resistance and hormone imbalance but no solution offered.

Am I discouraged? Yes. Do I think IP is a great program? Yes. Is it for me, or is it working. I don't know. I have postponed my move to Germany for four months, optimistically thinking there may be a break though that, even in my most hopeful mood, seems ephemeral.

I'm not a quitter. Too thoroughly imbued with the Judeo-Christian work ethic for that. But I do not fancy bloodying my head against a brick wall, day after day.

This is not a plea for pity. And I sure hope it doesn't sound like a whine. I debated a long, long time before I wrote this. I just hope that someone, anyone, can see something I'm missing; or has had a similar experience -- perhaps with a solution?

Fact: I have only cheated once. Ate a Danish curled cookie stick, dipped in melted bitter chocolate and Nutella, and covered with toasted almonds that I made for a friend's birthday. (Come on, if you're going to do something, do it wholeheartedly?!).

Fact: I have followed the IP plan to the letter. Eaten only organic vegetables and low fat fish and meats -- heavy on the Dover sole which is in season.

Fact: Calories have never gone over 930; usually in the 700-820 range.

Fact: Since I got off of the restricted packets my coach required, the highest my total, not net, carb count has not gone over 24 although I eat all the vegetables and 100-200 grams of romaine lettuce daily.

Fact: I gave up alcohol, Pepsi 0, and skimmed milk. No big deal for the alcohol; real withdrawal from the Pepsi. Use stevia as a sweetener. Used to drink 2-3 cups of milk a day and it is the only thing I miss.

Fact: If ketosticks are any indicator, I have never been in ketosis, did not go through withdrawal the first three days, and the euphoria I experienced from mid-week one to the beginning of week three is a distant memory. The only variable here is that I stopped restricted packets at the beginning of week three. If that were the root cause, though, I think I would have adjusted by now.
Linny,

My friend, my sweet sweet friend. You and I are both slow losers. It is most frustrating. I've had a few good weeks here and there, but as you know, my loss is much slower than most peoples. I've kept a spreadsheet since I started, and my average is 2.3, that's not good. However, it's better then gaining which is what I was doing before IP. That being said, yesterday was the first time I REALLY had a cheat (other then the planned week of my cruise - I always knew that was off limits, as that was planned before IP).

If you've never gone into ketosis, then perhaps you're not burning fat, you're just on a really restrictive diet? Therefore you won't lose as quickly?!? I'm not of the "researchers" on the board, but maybe one of them can answer this question.

Not every plan is for every person. I feel 48.5 lbs is proof that it works for me, but when I started and they told me how much I SHOULD lose, I was supposed to be between 75 - 85 lbs by now, and planning a night out with my husband for his birthday September 1st. Here I am with over 35 lbs still to lose. That is discouraging. Every month when I turn the page of the calendar I see my original mini goals - WOW was I off! sigh. So I get it... you do what you're supposed to do, so you expect an A+ or at least an A, so when you get a D and it means you're hanging in there, not failing, it sucks.

Good luck to you on your decision. I have no advice for you. I struggle way too much with it myself. I watch people around me go on and pass me and go off the diet, and I'm still on phase 1 after more than 5 months.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #52  
Im a wannabe thin person

S/C/G: Goal 170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Congrats on onederland! Is this your Friday WI or will you post on Friday?

That's a lot of weight to lose by labor day, but if you want in, and you'll post weight on Fridays on this thread, I'll be happy to add you! Welcome.
Kelsey... thx for the welcome I sure want in for this challenge and im not affraid I will loose more than 20# - Im sorry I havent post my WI this past Friday I been buzy since Thursday...but here it is... WI#1 -12# 8# to go for the challenge.. thx again for letting me enter this great challenge!
Old 08-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #53  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Good luck to you on your decision. I have no advice for you. I struggle way too much with it myself. I watch people around me go on and pass me and go off the diet, and I'm still on phase 1 after more than 5 months.
Thank you so very, very much. Last Monday, at the end of two months, I designed a full schedule for transitioning through Phases 2, 3 and 4 but, when I got up on Tuesday, stuck with Phase 1. Any other program and I would have chucked it; but I really want to succeed. I just hate being the poster child for the least losses.

I am really hoping someone, anyone, has some experience with insulin resistance and hormone imbalance and will share it. Web information is sterile and abstract, basically meaningless to a specific case. If you're out there, somewhere, please PM me if you don't want to post here.

I, too, wince, every time someone writes " Keep at it; every one loses on IP" or some such general encouragement. I want to say "nine pounds in eight weeks isn't exactly losing (by my definition)." But I won't.

So, with your encouragement, I will continue to duke it out. Poor puppy. He's going to have his little legs run off with all the walking.

Last edited by Linden; 08-21-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #54  
Im a wannabe thin person

Linden, I too have Insuline Resistance.. and well like you not much answers..BUT.. ask your doctor to do all the Cortisol test... if that is too high in your system it might be why you are not loosing weight as fast as you wish Im sure there is a solution out there for you, given that Im only insulinoresistante and my hormones are ok IP works well for me (at the moment) but im sure they can find a balance for you with hormones doses etc... good luck
Old 08-21-2010, 07:29 PM   #55  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by floradeluna View Post
Linden, I too have Insuline Resistance.. and well like you not much answers..BUT.. ask your doctor to do all the Cortisol test... if that is too high in your system it might be why you are not loosing weight as fast as you wish Im sure there is a solution out there for you, given that Im only insulinoresistante and my hormones are ok IP works well for me (at the moment) but im sure they can find a balance for you with hormones doses etc... good luck
Thank you so much. I'll grab any straw and this looks like a good, long one. Maybe even the winner.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:41 PM   #56  
Im a wannabe thin person

- by the way there is 3 posible tests... one is blood work... one you gotta pee in a jar for 24 hrs and the other I cant remember... but so you know the jar one if known to be more accurate
Old 08-22-2010, 07:59 AM   #57  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by floradeluna View Post
Kelsey... thx for the welcome I sure want in for this challenge and im not affraid I will loose more than 20# - Im sorry I havent post my WI this past Friday I been buzy since Thursday...but here it is... WI#1 -12# 8# to go for the challenge.. thx again for letting me enter this great challenge!
That's great! However, we list our actual weights on the chart. There is a link to the chart in my signature, please feel free to have a look. It is only available if you have the link. (It's not public, unless you use the link).

Quote:
Thank you so very, very much. Last Monday, at the end of two months, I designed a full schedule for transitioning through Phases 2, 3 and 4 but, when I got up on Tuesday, stuck with Phase 1. Any other program and I would have chucked it; but I really want to succeed. I just hate being the poster child for the least losses.

I, too, wince, every time someone writes " Keep at it; every one loses on IP" or some such general encouragement. I want to say "nine pounds in eight weeks isn't exactly losing (by my definition)." But I won't.

So, with your encouragement, I will continue to duke it out. Poor puppy. He's going to have his little legs run off with all the walking.
Run, puppy, run!!! Good luck to us, official members of The Slow Losers Club!
Old 08-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #58  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Since the end of week 2 I have officially lost 9 pounds in eight weeks, although I have gone up and down, up and down. Am I discouraged? Yes.

This may have nothing to do with your struggles, but on yesterday's daily thread, you posted what appeared to be a non-sequitur on the subject of coconut oil. There was no reference to any other discussion, so if I'm just missing something, I apologize in advance.

I assume the post was general information following a prior discussion about olive oil, and that you are not using or advocating the use of coconut oil on the diet.

Just checking.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:30 AM   #59  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I was told no cooking with olive oil, and that I can only cook with fractionated coconut oil... This was from the IP Canadian Representative. I haven't yet since prior to IP I never cooked with oil anyways... I'm bad for even getting my olive oil into me.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 191(86.6)

Height: 5' 5"

Hello - I've found you!! So we should just Edit our post over and over...that makes sense kind of .

I'm up in weight this week and I'm trying not to be teary-eyed about it.

WI = 169.
Closed Thread