General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:21 PM   #76  

Just a fly by to say hello! Still no word on my car...we are going to have to wait until the responding officer finishes the report, and he is off for the three day weekend. Bummer. Thankful for the rental car...

I sang in the choir this morning. Sure was fun! And very different to be looking at the BACK of the preacher!

Off to finish dinner...I am making a new Indian recipe that smells good so far. You make a paste of garlic, green chilis, ginger, pepper, red pepper and cumin and rub it on the chicken, then it is fried and served with onions that have been fried until brown. You have to let the chicken pieces sit for 45 min. with the paste on them. I am also making an eggplant dish.

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:34 PM   #77  

We went for a little ride around the campgrounds here to check them out and see if there was allot of people camping. I wished we would have made a picnic and went today. Its so beautiful out. Think I'm going to make taco salad out of leftover turkey tenderloin we grilled last night. Tomorrow we go to our friends for a barbeque. Hope they don't have chicken I'm full up on poultry.

Ellen- Your dinner sounds yummy..... I'll bet that was great singing in the choir.

Crystle- Congrats on the lb. loss. I'm hopeing for 140 someday.

Everyone else have a great week end....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:23 PM   #78  

Happy Memorial Day! We have had a busy day. I had breakfast with my neighbor, then a friend came over to visit and have coffee, and now I am about to whip up a snack to take over to another friends house. They invited us over for a glass of wine and a visit.

Air conditioner is broken...thankfully the 90 degrees today is not too bad. We are managing. Son in law will come by when he can and see about fixing it. It probably just needs freon. (fingers crossed)

Still no word on my car. The report with the info in it is not available until tomorrow or Wednesday. Stupid system if you ask me. And no word on Tom's car....a friend is trying to fix it.

Off to cook!

Old 05-31-2011, 08:59 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies. Sorry I have been MIA for so long. It has been a long up and down weekend. A very good friend of my DH's passed asway at the age of 57. He had undergone surgery for a brain anurism on Thursday and it burst and he never woke up. They hae been good friends for 40 something years. The worst part is he has a Downs Syndrome child who he totally raised. They were more friends than father/son. I am not sure how his wife will handle this now. It really makes you realize you should not take life for granted.

Sunday we went to a friend's pool and I ended up with my GS for the day so they could finish staining their deck. He had a ball. He swam, played with all the people. He never took a nap but he never stopped or whined at all.He was such a joy to have.

Yesterday we hung out at another friend's pool for the day (actually my pain doctor) So I am sorta red on my back. Today I have to clean my house. It is a total nightmare.

Crystal, congrats on your 1lb loss. I would love to see 140 but doubt it. I'm like you are now, finiding every reason to cheat.

Toni, 2 lbs is a good start. You are doing great with your walking. Just don't overdo it.

Ellen, that is horrible about your car. Glad Tom is ok though. Hope you hear something soon.

Mercee, sounds like you are working hard.

Beth, hope Memorial Day wasn't too hard for you.

I need to pay a bill and make some calls. My insurance check still has not shown up. It is getting tight on the money side.

Off to start cleaning, YUK Should be back on tomorrow.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #80  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy all

This heat is relentless. I'm not ready for triple digits this early in the year. It was 99 today. The poor garden can not hold up under this kind of heat. I'm praying everything ripens before it dies. I have so many winter squashes growing.

Toni..taco salad sounds good. I'm debating on having a baked potato or some grilled chicken. I just had lunch so I'm running behind on meal time.

Solly...your grand baby sounds so precious. I haven't seen mine in a while. I told his mama today I can't wait until he can talk on the phone. At least that way I can tell him I love him on a more regular basis.

Ellen...so sorry your ac is out. How did your indian dish turn out?

Mercee, Beth...

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:34 AM   #81  

Hi ladies. Ate some oatmeal and green tea, just have trouble eating anything now, Everything turns my stomach. Don't know what's up with that. Now give me some bad food and I bet I can eat that with no problem.

Ellen, glad to see you got your AC back on. I love being outside but it feels good to come in to the AC.

Ellen, it was 94 here yesterday so we were not too far from you. I have to water my flowers everyday. Hope you get all your squash ripe before it dies. I will have my GS starting Thursday nite until Monday nite. His parents are going out of town to Lake Tahoe to a wedding. I thing the high there is 44.

Toni, hope you are having a great day.

Off to run to the store. Have a good one,
Old 06-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #82  

Hi ladies. I sad this morning gained 1 lb. I'm so disgusted with myself. I'm going to have to get back in the groove. LOL.. Hopefully this week will be so much better at eating. We'll see what today brings.

Solly- Have fun with your GS. That sounds like a fun time and a busy time for you. Having trouble with the 17DD. I was on C1 but just found it to restricting at this time. So think I'll go on C2 or 3. And allow myself some wine on the week end.

Ellen- So glad your AC is fixed and you've got a ride to VBS. Hope now everything comes out with your car.

Crystle- Hope your garden can survive this hot weather and you get some good stuff still out of it. Loved the pictures of the pumpkins.

Mercee- Are you still doing that challenge?

Beth- You're in my heart and prayers...

Well time to get busy. Have a good day.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #83  

Hi ladies:

Just a quick fly bye. I am just swamped right now. I really miss posting here. I plan to come back later today and read all the post. I am still in the challenge at the gym it ends June 15th. I will miss a week of it because I will be out of town from June 4-June 15th. All is well with me.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #84  

Going to be a hottie again today. And this is only the start of summer. Our air is busy going on. Its a great Thursday today. Might do a load of wash and clean some more on my fridge freezer. Trying to get it cleaned out. Eating has been so so but I'm working hard on that.

Mercee- Have a good trip out of town.

Need to finish up my coffee and make some breakfast.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #85  

VBS has been fun this week, but boy am I tired! Standing on your feet and running around all day has its toll! The kids are loving it though.

Its horribly hot here...I think it was 103 yesterday afternoon. The pool went from cool to warm in just two days. Argh! The garden is stressed and not growing well because of the heat. ug!

Heard back on Tom's car this afternoon...doesn't sound good. It needs about $400 of work and it might just not be worth it to fix it. No word on my car yet. They have it at the collision center, it was towed yesterday. Waiting to hear...

Tom is going by Costco on the way home and getting a few things and a rotisserie chicken. Yay for not having to cook!

Off to rest and figure out my menus for next week. Tomorrow is pay day! yay!

Old 06-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #86  

Not much going on around here. Just popped in to say good morning.

Ellen- Sounds like you're having a busy week with VBS. Enjoy and don't get to tired. You're sure hot there. You got your air fixed just in time.

Hope everyone is doing fine.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #87  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Facebook

Howdy ya'll. I'm sorry I don't get here as often as I should. I'm so glad I have most of ya'll on my facebook.

Weigh in this week was good. Saw 145 for a second.. Eating is going okay. Exercise has been a struggle but I'm getting it done. I think it is the heat. Even with the window units going it still feels so hot and muggy.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #88  

Good Sunday morning everyone. Had a nice lazy day yesterday watching some old John Wayne movies and grilling steak and shrimp on the barbecue. Hope everyone is having a good week end and staying cool.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:04 PM   #89  

Tom's car is officially junked. Now to find another. Its hard not having wheels, but I am managing. Groceries are all purchased, and I ran to the store tonight and picked up a couple items I forgot. Should be ok for a week or two.

Went over to a friends this afternoon after church to help with her daughter's fifth birthday party. It was a craft party and I did the shrinky dink station. She had it so organized. There were three groups of four girls, and four stations. They did sun catchers, beaded necklaces, the shrinky dinks as a pendant to go on the necklace, and visors. So cute. And it was quiet and not at all chaotic. Lots of fun...sweet little girls and I got some ice cream!

I should have gotten in the pool, but I cooked when I got home and had a terrible time of it. My yogurt based sauce separated and ruined my eggplant dish. I was SO mad. And I was out of yogurt. I got THREE large tubs of it. I think it curdled because I had fat free...I am going to try low fat, and full fat and see if they work better. But I am out of eggplants!

I made a ground chicken and spinach curry that was fabulous though... And my new bag of brown basmati rice seems to be fantastic...it cooked up perfectly. We had mango lassi for dessert. Its a mango and yogurt drink. I do not put any sugar in it. I am sure the mango is high glycemic, but it sure is delicious!

My walking buddy gave me some fabric to use to recover my outdoor swing. I need to measure and try and make the cushion cover and the canopy. She gave me a can of water repellent spray to use on it too. I want to get that done this week. I am going to have to just do it...there is no pattern. Got my fingers crossed!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #90  

Hi ladies. I have been so busy with my GS. He keeps me going non stop. He parents were supposed to be back around 10:30 tonight but just got word they are snowed in and trying to change their flight to Reno in lieu of Calf to try to get home. It is 50 there and 97 here. I would rather be here. My GS went to daycare today so I am going out to my DD's house to lay in the pool all day. Didn't sleep much. My leg is killing me, more so my knee and for some strange reason I have a sore throat. It has gotten worse each day. Keep thinking it is allergies but now I am not sure. Always something.

Ellen, sorry to hear about Tom's car. I hate car shopping. I haven't driven in so long now I am starting back and it seem so funny. Sometimes it is hard to adjust not having one.

Toni, I have been struggeling too. Food just does not appeal to me. I agree with you, I could not go back on C1, I have to start at C3. I wanted to lose 10 lbs before I went to Florida in 3 weeks but don't see it happenng.

Crystal, try to stay cool. It is hot here so I know it is hot there.

DH just came in for lunch so got to run. Be back.