General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:20 PM   #46  

Cooking for the senior adults at church tomorrow, so I need to go hit the grocery store and Costco. Just finished up lunch...leftover sag paneer- Indian spinach with cheese, except I used tofu for the cheese. Very yummy!

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #47  

Have a beef roast in the crock pot for burritos tonight. We put off grocery shopping till tomorrow. Sleepy today woke up at 3:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. Think I need a little nap.

Solly- Glad you're having some good days. You've been really busy. I've treated C3 like one big cheat. Can't wait to go back on C1. Hope it gets me off this awful cycle I'm on. Yep the wine is helping me ruin it.

Ellen- You've got a big evening. Your lunch sounds yummy.

Crystle- Wow size 4... Wonderful how fit you've become. That's one part that is lacking in me is the exercise part. I just can't seem to get motivated. My hubby is walking a bit in the evening and all I do is feel guilty I'm not. Guess I've just got to do it.

Beth and Mercee hope you're doing fine.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:06 PM   #48  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good evening

Howdy ya'll. Today was BUSY. I picked the garden then put up 3 gallons of squash and made 8 loaves of squash bread. It is SO tasty. I should have put up the beans but I'll do that tomorrow. I also cleaned out both fridges, squeezed in a workout and did my other chores so I decided to be lazy this afternoon.

Solly..woo hoo sounds like you are doing a lot better. That makes me so happy. I hope you continue to feel better. I bet you had a blast with that grand baby. Britt has about three weeks and I'll have another precious on to spoil. Not too sure how Maverick is gonna like sharing MeMaw.

Toni....How cool you can get out and walk with your hubby. Even if you don't feel like doing a lot just get out for five or ten minutes. You'll sleep better and plus it is sweet together time. My hubby was doing a little with me but he wasn't feeling too well and has pulled back.

Ellen...You have been doing some major cooking. I don't see how you stay out of it. I've got to sneak bites when I'm cooking.

Marcee, Beth...

Just about time for my bible study before I get to sleepy.

((Everybody))

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #49  

Default Howdy

I lost a pound this week so only a pound away from my lowest.

This morning I put up some green beans. I also cleaned some turnips for storage in the fridge. When watering the garden I saw my first pumpkin. It is a little smaller than a baseball. There are several spaghetti and butternut growing. They are really tiny right now. Some of the spaghetti squash are the size of a toy nerf football.

Tonight's dinner is going to be baked turkey breast, smashed cauliflower and potatoes and zucchini.

((Everybody))

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 05-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #50  

We went grocery shopping today and did a bunch of errands too. I'm sure pooped and think I'll have to go to bed early.

Crystle- Wow you're so busy it makes my head spin. We stopped at a little roadside stand today and I found jalapeno jelly and home made salsa. But some lovely tomatoes. They had nice fresh green beans and little new potatoes I passed up cause I couldn't think of a low fat way to cook them that I'd like.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:03 AM   #51  

I forgot to post that I weighed yesterday. The meds are doing their number on me..SO depressing, but I was up 3.

The luncheon went well, and I had a huge meatloaf left over, which we served at potluck last night. I got a lot of compliments on it, so I was happy it turned out well. Makes me wish Tom would eat beef again so I could make meatloaf occasionally!

TONI: I love fixing those little new potatoes like this: boil them until almost tender, then put them on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Cut an x into the top then using a fork smash them down into a disc. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper and a bit of garlic salt if you like. Spray them with cooking spray pretty heavily, then bake at 425 for 15 or 20 minutes until the are starting to get brown and crusty. My family LOVES them. And using the cooking spray cuts down on the fats. They do not need to be slathered in butter to taste good... And you don't have to peel them. (I hate peeling potatoes! )

COUNTRY: Go Crystle! That is awesome on the pound loss. The dinner sounds good....well, except for the turkey. You know how I am with turkey....so don't take it personally! I had to water the garden a little yesterday. We are not allowed to water the lawn, but vegetable gardens are ok. I just got it wet enough to keep the seedlings from dying. The last wave of rain here totally fizzled out.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies. Bunco went fine. I made 4 quiche's. My DD wanted one and I made one for my family. We still had one left so that's dinner for Friday. Feeling better but lathargic. I have lots of things I want and need to do but just don't want to. I will have my GS tomorrow.

Ellen, It has rained here for 3 days. Yesterday was a mist all day and night. Plus being in the 50's. Today is supposed to warm up in the high 60's and 80's for the weekend but a chance of rain is forecasted for the next 7 days. You can have all of it I am so sick of it.

Toni, It's always nice to get good food in the house. You should try to walk with your DH. Not for the exercise but for the companionship. We used to walk everynight and it was a good time for us to just talk. I enjoyed the time.

Crystal, congrats on the 1 lb. You wore me out just reading all your activities for two days. Sounds like you have lots of food stored away.

Beth, hope you are having a good day,

Mercee, Don't work too hard.

Hoping to get outside some today. Have a great one!
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #53  

Forgot to say I stayed the same this past week for the second week in a row. Hopefully I'm restarting and it will be a good week for losing. Looks like rain today. I hope we get some my plants need it or I'm going to have to water. Making a pot of chicken veggie soup today. It will be for lunches for the next few days. Think I want chicken tonight.

Ellen- My gosh those potatoes sound wonderful. I would love to make those. Your meatloaf makes me want to make one. I love meatloaf and so does Steve.

Solly- You're right I need to walk with Steve. I'm ashamed I haven't been and missed out. I start C1 again today. I'm happy to be back to eating better. Hope you're feeling okay.

Crystle- How hot is it there. Are you taking a break from all the canning and stuff.

Mercee- How is working out going.

Beth- Hows the eating going?

Hugs to my dear lady friends.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:46 PM   #54  

Default Good evning ya'll

I am tired. But that is a good thing. Between picking the garden, cleaning veggies, washing clothes, sweeping, mopping and cooking it has been a full day. I also did a 70 minute walking video and my boot camp ab work.

Toni..it is close to 90 here this week. Right now it is 82 and it is almost 7 at night. I like to cook the green beans and new potatoes with some onion, salt garlic and olive oil. Yum yum.

Solly...I would take some of that rain off your hands if I could. There is a chance we may get some tomorrow. I pray so. The winter squash plants are getting so big it is hard to water them as well as rain can. I haven't had quiche in ages. I LOVE it though. What do you put in yours?

Ellen..I am gonna have to make some meatloaf soon. You have me hungry for some. Sorry for the disappointing weigh in. Maybe the extra pounds will come off once your body gets used to the new medicine.

Mercee...Miss hearing from you. Hope all is well.

Beth..so sorry about you pup.

(((Everybody))) I need to figure out something for dinner before I cave and eat the squash casserole I made for the guys. It came out so good. You know I had to taste it a time or two or three.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 05-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #55  

Woo Hoo walked with hubby tonight. I'm so pleased I finally moved my lazy butt.

Crystle- I've never tried cooking green beans that way. With olive oil instead of bacon fat. Wow you did great with the video and work out. You're so busy it makes my head spin. I'll bet the squash casserole is sooo good. I'll have it with Ellen's smashed potatoes.

Cooking a chicken breast going to have with sliced tomato and cucumber slices. Waited till I was to hungry to roast my brussell sprouts.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #56  

Default Oh my

All I can say today is stay away from the squash casserole. It is evil!

I couldn't stop eating it until it was gone. I am such a I really dislike when I'm out of control. The last two days I've been eating like my old self. Not a good thing.

Hope everyone has a super fantastic weekend.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 05-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #57  

The grandson is here for the day. We got in the pool. He was not interested at first...especially when he got in up to his waist and realized how cold it was. Then he got interested in knowing if he could stand on the bottom now...and he can easily, which shows how much he has grown since last year. So then he did not want to get out! ha! I was freezing. We came in for lunch and he got distracted by a Diego cartoon.

Off to do a bit of shopping.

I slept really well last night, but I am still pretty tired today.

Old 05-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #58  

Last load of laundry in the dryer. Stove top cleaned. Soup eaten... LOL Day is going great. Stepped on the scale and I'm losing. Can't wait till Wednesday to see the real number. Think I'll have taco salad again tonight because I've got turkey taco meat leftover. And its so filling and good. Think I feel a nap coming on.

Ellen- Sounds like you're having a good time with your Grandson. The pool sounds cold, brrrr! Did Tom get you a garden planted? Maybe you can take a little nap today.

Crystle- It sure doesn't hurt to have a good splurge once in awhile. Maybe you needed some good squash casserole. LOL...

Its 81 today and beautiful outside but nice and cool in the house.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:57 PM   #59  

TONI: Oh, yes! Tom has the garden all planted now. We have okra, gungura (a kind of spinach that is used a lot in Indian cooking) eggplants, tomatoes, green beans, basil, cucumbers, bottle gourd, dill, Thai basil and cilantro(which I had to plant because Tom doesn't like it and refused! )
Most of the seeds have sprouted now, and its just going to take some time! We do have some tiny green tomatoes forming on the cherry tomato plant.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #60  

Looks like rain again. Its suppose to be 83 today. Talk about humid... Haven't had breakfast yet and my brain is trying to figure out what the tummy wants. Don't know what I have planned for today. But I'll think of something.

Ellen- Wow you have a nice garden planted. We've talked about getting a tiller but just can't afford it this year. We plant in pots. But Steve did dig a little space in front of our front deck and put in green beans. I hope they do good cause then he'll want to do more. Don't blame Tom about the cilantro, eeekkkk I hate it. LOL.....