General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #256  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Supergirl,

The diet plan is pretty simple. Its simply restricting portions, calories and bad carbs, and splitting your eating throughout the day via small meals and snacks -- with supplements (protein bars and shakes) being part of the snacks. There a a few different plans which vary in the degree of strictness of portions. Before starting one of those plans, there is an initial phase (about 3 to 5 days) when you only eat protein and certain raw green vegetables -- and I think 1/2 of an orange. If you want, I can email you a copy of the materials that I have. If you want them, just reply to this post with your email or sent me a PM.

Personally, I do the plan myself. I also have friends who have joined QWLC and lost a lot of weight. I have had bad past experiences with weight loss centers in general (I signed up with LA Weight Loss a few years back and gave them a lot of money up front -- and then they went out of business). So I was hesitant to join any weight loss center. In the past, I thought I needed to go somewhere and get a weigh-in to be accountable. But, I know that I shouldn't need that. Its not like the "coach" was giving me any valuable advice. Rather, it seemed like their main focus was to sell me supplements. (Mind you, I am referring to my experience with LAWL. I have no personal experience with QWLC). So, instead of joining, I figured I would try it on my own. I was able to obtain a copy of the QWLC plan -- (which really was the same as the LAWL plan I was on a few years ago anyway) and I asked QWLC members any questions I had that the materials did not explain. So far, it has worked for me great. In less than 4 months I am down 80 pounds. I buy my own supplements (bars and shakes) at the grocery store or online.

Whether you can do it on your own, and be accountable without the coaching and weigh-ins, is something only you will be able to determine. But I figure that it can't hurt to try it on your own before paying a bunch of money to a weight loss center.

Last edited by joefla70; 11-20-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #257  

Height: 5'2"

Smile Down 1.3 lbs

I am ecstatic!!! The scale is finally unstuck. Went in for my weigh in and was told that I am down 1.3 from my last weigh in on Thursday. Yeah!!! Did a work out this morning with a trainer then 40 minutes on the tread (4.1 speed 1.5 incline). I used an 8lb weighted vest and 5lb hand weights, which increased my heart rate by 10 percent.

Moving forward & getting stronger.

Joe, Kudos on the results. Sick or not, men lose much faster than women-lucky dogs. I am following the vegetarian plan which tends to slow things a bit too. 2-3 lbs is my average a week-that's with exercise. Is the Mexican rice dish you mentioned veggie friendly? If so, care to share the recipe?
Old 11-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #258  
Joe

Thanks, Sue. Congrats on your success too. I'm glad you finally got unstuck!

I've been getting away without having to do any exercise thus far, but I know I need to get going. In fact, I just changed into my workout clothes and I am planning to go for a long, brisk walk in a little while.

Here is a link that I posted which has a copy of the Mexican cauliflower "rice" recipe. There is also a recipe for the salsa verde chicken I make with it. On another thread a veggie asked me for the recipe and she was planning to sub tofu turkey for the chicken. Just keep in mind that I am not doing a strict QWLC diet. My diet has changed and evolved. I tend to do a lower starch count (for lower carb), and don't worry too much about the fats -- although I try to keep them low.

For the rice recipe, I suppose you could substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth. Otherwise, everything in that recipe is veggie friendly. Lately I have omitted the onion and, instead, have substituted green onion.

When you add the spices, keep in mind that my measurements were VERY approximate because I tried to remember what I did after I cooked this. I have found that I need to add spice to taste, and I often find myself adding more cumin, onion powder and garlic powder to the rice as the broth is simmering off.

When I make the rice, I always make the chicken salsa verde with it, and I usually mix some of the salsa verde in with the rice after it reduces and thickens up. So, if you don't make a salsa verde tofu, you might want to add some salsa verde to the rice.

The Fage' Greek yogurt was a surprise addition. To me it tastes so much like regular sour cream. I like to mix a little bit of the yogurt into my rice.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 204/?/135

Height: 5'6"

I would appreciate any info on specifics. My friend told me some but she is buying their $15 a box bars or shakes. I would like to try on my own but I am tired of procrastinating. In truth I am not sure what to do but I know I need to change. I have tried many things of course.
My emails is amyledvinka at Yah. Oo
Thanks
Old 11-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #260  

Default Hi proud mom

Can you send me the info you sent Novarth? I am wanting to start ASAP. Thanks
Old 11-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #261  
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirl2911 View Post
I would appreciate any info on specifics. My friend told me some but she is buying their $15 a box bars or shakes. I would like to try on my own but I am tired of procrastinating. In truth I am not sure what to do but I know I need to change. I have tried many things of course.
My emails is amyledvinka at Yah. Oo
Thanks
email sent
Old 11-23-2012, 01:27 AM   #262  

I would love to have the diet plan too if u didn't mind emailing. Really wanted to get on this because looks like it actually works. My email is my user name plus hotmail if you didn't mind sending it along. Thanks!!!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #263  

Smile

Good Morning,

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and survived the rush of Black Friday. I don't partake in Black Friday. Instead, I prefer to sit back and enjoy a morning cup of java with the rising sun.

I was off the plan with dinner last night. I ate one and a half Gardein soy turkey rolls, sauteed green beans with mushrooms, an entire baked potato, baked apples, which pushed me way over the edge for carbs and proteins for the day. The biggest no-no was the wine-three small glasses. Anticipating that I was going to be off plan, I went to the gym yesterday and used up 500 calories. Hopefully, this morning's weigh in won't be too bad.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #264  
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedVeggie View Post
Good Morning,

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and survived the rush of Black Friday. I don't partake in Black Friday. Instead, I prefer to sit back and enjoy a morning cup of java with the rising sun.

I was off the plan with dinner last night. I ate one and a half Gardein soy turkey rolls, sauteed green beans with mushrooms, an entire baked potato, baked apples, which pushed me way over the edge for carbs and proteins for the day. The biggest no-no was the wine-three small glasses. Anticipating that I was going to be off plan, I went to the gym yesterday and used up 500 calories. Hopefully, this morning's weigh in won't be too bad.
Thanksgiving was very nice. I had a house full (20) of family. The diet went pretty well. I had a plan and stuck to it... for the most part. I had just a protein shake for breakfast. Since we eat "dinner" early (appetizers starting at 2 and dinner at 4), I didn't eat lunch. For appetizers we made some stuffed mushrooms (without breadcrumbs). I had a little bit of cheese and the rumaki my sister made. For dinner I had some turkey and a little bit of ham. I skipped the mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy. I made a couple of sides (cauliflower mash and creamed spinach made with fat-free half n half) specially for me and my wife and as a substitute for the potatoes and stuffing. I also had a little bit of the green bean casserole without the fried onions. I ate a lot more fats than I usually do, but I definitely minimized the damage greatly. When I weighed myself this morning, I'm down 3 pounds since my official Sunday weigh-in. So, all in all, I'm happy.

As for Black Friday, I have always sat those out. The only thing I might do is go to Sam's Club to get the Galaxy SIII phone for 96 cents.

Last edited by joefla70; 11-23-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 240/207/185

Height: 5'10"

Default Posting to this thread

Relatively new to site, don't see a Post New Thread button for QWLC Diet thread, only for Post Reply, so excuse me for this post which isn't in reply to anything. What am I doing wrong?

I'm down 14# after first 2 wks on QWLC's diet and am not using their food/snack supplements so that's a savings though I did pay the big bucks to start. I do take their 15 pills/day and have their 2x/day vitamin drink. It's actually very tasty, a powder mixed with a bottle of water.

Was so great to get past Thanksgiving without eating all the stuff I usually have. Lost 1.5 from Wed to Fri, which is a Thanksgiving miracle in and of itself!

My only problem with the food list continues to be the protein portion size, which for me is huge and I simply can't eat that much meat, fish, chicken, eggs, or cottage cheese in one sitting or even splitting it up between a meal and a snack. It's too much. So far, not eating so much protein hasn't hurt me but I'm concerned that it will as time goes on.

Everyone, thanks for posting because every note, idea, suggestion is a help.
--Jo
Old 11-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #266  

Smile

Kudos Joe, for staying on track during the holiday.

QWLC was giving a free week for losing .5 lbs over the holiday and is giving another for losing another .5 from Friday through Monday. I lost the .5 for the first challenge. :O) We'll see on Monday if I made the second challenge.

Nino, 14# in 2 weeks. Impressive
Old 11-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #267  

Default What supplements are you using?

Hi just a general question about supplements, powders, and bars.
I want to start quick weight loss center diet eating plan on my own before investing the start up fees. I have read that many of the supplements/drinks/etc. can be bought online for a fraction of the price. I looked around and saw many possibilities.
What is everyone using? What do you like? What is important or essential, and what is not?
Thanks for your feedback, I enjoy reading everyone's posts and encouragement. I am looking forward to getting started!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #268  

Thumbs up QWL questions

I just joined QWL and was wondering if anyone can give me any tips for the prep days.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #269  

Smile

Good Morning,

I stepped on the scale this morning and discovered that I weigh 155 lbs. It's been 11 years since I have seen that number. I am thrilled.

Ivory, Don't sweat and try to enjoy prep week. I don't know the magic behind it, but that week is the one that many people lose a great amount of weight in a short period of time. Since I am on the veggie plan, mine was a bit different and I didn't have the loss that others do.

Supergirl, Welcome. I follow the veggie program at the center. My favorite supplements are the chocolate crunch bar and chocolate nut bar of which we are only allowed one a day. I also like the creamy chocolate powder and the berry quick boost. I try to take all pills. I find a difference in my hunger when I don't take the metabolizer. Good luck.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #270  

I am trying to do this on my own. I was on the plan 10 yrars ago and lost
alot of weight. I really would appreciate any help you could provide as it seems like you are really successful at it. I am doing three day prep and will start the following on Tuesday
2 starches
3 Fruits
4 Vegetables
2Proteins
1Fat
1 Protein bar
Am I missing anything?

Last edited by ivorydoll; 11-26-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Closed Thread