General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #136  
go 4 your dreams!!!

S/C/G: 297/ticker/160

Height: 5'5

lasekou is it my blog you said you read? if it is, I'm glad I can motivate you. & about the 10lbs in 3 days, weight loss is really dramatic the first week, so who knows you may lose more then you think! Also if you're really heavy like I was when I 1st started (still am but not 4 long!!) The weight loss tends to be more as well. I know when my best friend did it, she started at 166 & she lost about -6lbs the 1st week then a steady -3lbs a week after that. But she said when she was at the meetings there was a guy that was around 330lbs & the 1st week he lost 25lbs! So that's why my weight loss was most likely alot the 1st week as well. But either way your guaranteed 15lbs a month on this diet! So even if you lose 1 lb one week, you are still guaranteed -15lbs down by the end of the month! That's what helps me! No matter what, you will be -15 less then you were the month before, but alot of people lose more too! So I know,sticking to this diet I will be at my goal by the new year! & If I'm lucky I can get there sooner!

sophiesnowangel what type of yogurt do you buy? I buy the big container of Dannon plain yogurt for only like $2.49 @ Walmart. You also can flavor it with so many things to make it taste so good. I flavor mine with sugar-free jello powder, cherry is my favorite! But there's so many different flavors that jello makes. Sometimes I put in in the freezer for about an hour & becomes a thick custardy frozen treat! So yummmm!! I also eat it with some splenda & cinnamon, or sugar-free coffee syrups, or sugar-free coco powder with some splenda, that makes it taste like a chocolaty dessert! There's just alot of options to make it taste so good! I hope i was some help!

Last edited by prettyinpink116; 07-29-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #137  

Height: 5'

Yes Prettyinpink116 it's your blog that I've been reading (yup read today's entry). Thank you for putting things in perspective for me. I wake up every morning looking for results which isn't realistic. I don't feel or look like I've lost any weight yet so I start thinking maybe it's not working. I've been terrified to weigh myself, fearing that I'll get discouraged. But thanks to you I will be weighing myself tomorrow and keeping in mind that as long as I lose 15lbs this month that I have made progress.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #138  

Height: 5'2''

Prettyinpink 116i bought Stonyfield which is fine with the Walden strawberry syrup also in shakes with the yogurt. I am not a chocolate girl so this is good.

Still experimenting with what works for me. I have also drained the yogurt it in a coffee filter which changed the consistency.and added spices to it for a different taste. Today was my first veggie day and I feel like I cheated because of the solid food! The hard part for me will be when I am on the road for business, can't completely control my choices.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:18 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 262/213/160

Hi all!
Hope everyone is doing well.
Had a great 9 day cycle. Lost 9lbs! 14 lbs total this month!
Need to update the ticker.
I love the milk days, but the veggie days...ugh! I did try the cauliflower rice and like it.
Prettyinpink116 I read your blog too. Very inspiring!!!

Tomorrow is my first appointment with a psychotherapist that specializes in eating issues. I am going to tackle that aspect of my life along with the weight loss. Plus, I have been really down lately and feel the need to talk to someone.

Have a great weekend. And welcome sophiesnowangel & lasekou!!!

Last edited by onegroovychick; 07-30-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 300/281/170

Height: 5'6"

Onegroovychick that's GREAT news!!!! You're encouraging me!!! I'm down another 2 lbs since last week, (I'm weak on the weekends) but I'm going shopping today to get things to keep me honest. I'm happy you are going to talk to someone, it really does help and that person can help you remember to focus on YOU. I did that before and it can really get you out of a rut.

Today's another milk day for me.....

Tip I got from the office I go to....I'm weak at night, when I'm cooking dinner (for 5 people)....Take those LISTERINE strips, put one on your tongue. That will change your taste buds for a few hours and will change the taste of any food you're trying to put in your mouth. Will help you stay away from "Junk"
Old 07-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #141  

BrillanteLuna70 Thank you! It's been a hard month!
You said its hard for you on the weekends? Do you completely go off of the diet, or do you nibble here and there?
Just take one day at a time and remember, that everytime you nibble, it takes like 3 days to get your body back into the zone. We can do this!

A guy that I met last year and started dating(briefly) Has been back in touch. At the time my weight was in the 240's. We spoke last week and he mentioned that he would like to get together sometime soon. That is now part of my motivation. Bad, I know! I want to be as close to onderland as possible when I see him.

Another reason that I am trying to lose weight is that whenever, I meet the right man, I want to be healthy to start having a family. Hopefully in the next 2-3 years or so. After 43, I don't want to have children. I was married and with my exhusband for 10 years and we didn't have children. As I approach 40, I realized that I would like to have at least one child. I have been divorced now since 2006, separated since 2005. I thought someone would come along, and noone did. That is when the weight started to pile on. Ugh!!!! I also developed allergic asthma and couldn't get it under control, so after many rounds of steriods, the weight piled on as well.

The funny thing is that, I excel at my career, including having a successful business. ( Very type A personality) And I always look fashionable. People think that I have it completely together and live the "single girl life"! Only a few friends know how lonely I am and that I struggle with being overweight. I know it could be worse...I am very grateful for what I have everyday!

Anyway, off to my appointment.
Have an AWESOME DAY!!!

Last edited by onegroovychick; 07-30-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #142  

OneGroovyChick YES I'm a nibbler. I'm usually great until about 5 pm, when I have to start getting dinner ready for 5 people (not myself). So either I'm cooking from scratch or reheating it, and the process of HANDLING the food is very tempting. So cooking, serving, sitting to make sure everyone eats, then cleaning up, storing and finally cleaning the kitchen at the end, I don't finish till about 8 pm. Not all the 5 people eat at the same time, so sometimes I have 2 iterations of serving and sitting and cleaning.

So, I nibble. or I will eat the leftovers, b/c "it's just a spoon or two left", etc.

I don't know why I don't curb the impulse. It's been 2 weeks I'm in the 280s and I know I don't have to be. I have a vacation coming up at the end of the month so I want to drop 20 by then. That's my short term goal.

I did well y'day with a veggie day, but was up 3 lbs this morning. Didn't drink my water though.

I'm happy for you OneGroovyChick, it sounds exciting to be meeting this guy again. I think it's a great goal and a great incentive to drop the pounds. Biggest thing though, is onederland, it really reduces your risks to health complications.

I am also someone who seems to "have it together", successful in business, everyone thinks "great life"....but this is SUCH a struggle for me and I just want it over with now. So I'm on the track to onederland too.

I thought of everyone on this thread actually, when I was so tempted yesterday. I thought, they're doing this, I can do this too!

Well, thanks for the encouragement, and I hope you have a great weekend. Will check in another couple of days...
Old 08-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #143  

Hi, My name is Sonja and I have just found out about this diet. One of my friends posted on her facebook that she has lost 60 pounds in 6 weeks. I called her and asked her what she has gotten herself into, she had tried so many diets and never won at any of them. I was just so impressed. She told me about the bead diet and I just wanted to do some research...cuz that's who I am!LOL!
Anyway, I have read this whole blog and I wanted to tell you ladies and I am truly inspired by the way you all care for one another. I love the way you make sure that you know that you are in it to win it! Keep going and I will be here to cheer you on! Good Job, and please tell me what onederland is! :-)
Old 08-02-2010, 11:54 AM   #144  

Hi Sonja, thanks so much. And congrats to your friend for 60 pounds! UNBELIEVABLE. Best wishes for her continued success! Please write in anytime, this is the only thread I'm in. I'm looking to talk to people that see things from my perspective.

Thing is you don't feel hungry, and you're activating the hypothalamus so that later on you can stay at that weight....I don't know that it's right for everyone, but I've dieted since I was 13, and I'm almost 40 and really BELIEVE this is the one that will work for me. Name it, I've done it.

beaddiet.com/orientation.html

welcome!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #145  
go 4 your dreams!!!

lasekou I'm glad I can help! & trust me I know how you feel about not feeling like you lost any weight b/c I feel the same way. My pants still fit me from when I was 299 & I am currently 240, that's 59lbs down! I mean granted there looser&baggier but they still fit! So it can be a little discouraging like Maaaannn When AM I going to really see these results!! so I can def relate to what your saying. I dunno how much weight you have to lose but I got about 80 more lbs to go so I just keep saying to myself ONLY A FEW MORE MONTHS & I'LL BE A WHOLE NEW PERSON! Same goes to you! Just a little bit longer till the brand new YOU!

sophiesnowangel
LOL i feel like I cheat on veggie days too! hahaha & I love Walden Farms products! On milk days I've added the strawberry & chocolate syrup to my milk to make a strawberry/chocolate milkshake..yummmm so good. I've also done that too, drained the yogurt thru a coffee filter. There was a recipe in the google groups called "Fried Cheese" where you drain the yogurt through a coffee filter over night, then the next day you pan fried it to make like a fried cheese. I attempted to do this & it did work, but it shrunk the yogurt down & I only had like 2 little pieces so it wasn't very filling, LOL. & when you go on the road for business, just bring your stuff with you! If its a veggie day put your food in a lunchbox or if its a milk day put the milk in a thermos or something like that! i dunno just a suggestion that may help you. I know its hard but just remember THIS DIET IS ONLY TEMPORARY & YOU CAN & WILL DO IT!

onegroovychick CONGRATS!! THATS SO AWESOME!! & I'm glad I can inspire you!!! I love your quote that you have on the bottum of your posts,that inspires me!! Im happy 4 U that your meeting a guy soon ...oooooooooooooo & great motivation to stay strong! Before you know it you will be at your goal weight!!!

Sonjabel WELCOME!! & Congrats to your friend! That's awesome!!! 60 pounds in 6 weeks is amazing. So if you have any questions feel free to ask!! Anyone one of us on this thread will be happy to answer. & Onederland is when your outta the 200's & your in the 100's (right ladies?)
Old 08-03-2010, 02:20 AM   #146  

Happy August Everyone!
Just wondering...I have been experiencing leg cramps. BADLY!
Has anyone else experienced these?
Old 08-03-2010, 04:36 AM   #147  

Default Isn't this STARVATION?

My pants still fit me from when I was 299 & I am currently 240, that's 59lbs down! Prettyinpink116

See, Pretty, this tells me that you have lost water, water, water, but not the fat. Fat is very space consuming, and if you lost 59 lbs. of fat, you definitely should not be able to wear the same pants.

I am not a weigher myself and just go by size. So, the question is how many pant sizes have you dropped?
Old 08-03-2010, 04:42 AM   #148  

Default Potassium Deficiency?

onegroovychic, cramping, especially and commonly in the legs, is indicative of a potassium deficiency, and since this diet is stripping so much, I am not surprised that you are experiencing leg cramps.

Next fruit and veggie day, eat a banana, which is packed with potassium. Heck, eat 2 bananas.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #149  
go 4 your dreams!!!

lomalindarn I own ZERO pairs of jeans so I'm going by my black office type pants. ( I been working outta my house the past 4 months so I don't go anywhere & wear lots of sweats & tank tops) They were extremely tight, barely able to zip up when I was 299 & I put em on last week & they were really loose & baggy everywhere, I could fit my whole hand & arm inside them, but technically yea they still kinda fit. I measured my waist today & lost 7 inches since day 1(7/5) so now I'm 46 inches around. I have no clue what exact pant size I am, for all I know I could've very well lost a size or 2 but I don't know exactly & I'm not going clothes shopping till I reach my goal.(my boyfriends buying me a whole new wardrobe as a gift to me when I reach my goal ) The pants that i said still fit me were a size 22W but I usually wore a 24/26, those were just a big size 22. I was 299 in December of 2009 & lost 30 lbs on my own through dieting & exercising but it was taking too long & I wanted results to come faster. So that's when I started this diet on July 5th @ 267 & as of July 31st I am 240. Talk about fast results! So whether its water weight or pure fat I am just happy to see that # go down on the scale & I know it won't be much longer till I can start wearing new clothes I'm also aware the bigger you are the more weight you have to lose to where its noticeable. When I was 15 I lost 70lbs in about 3.5-4 months & no1 even noticed my weight loss till I was about 60bs down! SO yea it is a little annoying but i remain positive and know I will do this! SO WILL EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS FORUM!!

**WE WILL DEFEAT THIS BATTLE OF THE BULGE*
Old 08-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #150  

Default Bead Competition?

As far as anyone knows, is there anything comparable to AccuWeight out there?

Earlier in this thread, someone asked where to go get the beads, yourself, if you didn't want to go through AccuWeight. I am very much a "see it/touch it before you buy it" type person, and was wondering the same thing, especially since I don't see any type of refund guarantee attached to this program.

Also, I believe that Starry is correct that the beads can be reused since in the recorded orientation, it is mentioned that the only true purpose for bead replacement was for hygienic reasons. So, what type of adhesive is it that you use, Starry? Reusing the beads, once you have the concept of the diet down, sounds far more economical to me.

But, I'd still like to find somewhere local, i.e. a nutrition store? to go and actually see these beads. Is this program so unique that it doesn't have any bead competition?
Closed Thread