General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #31  

I have to say this is the best diet that I have ever been on. I have tried them all and this has worked for me. Today 2 months later I have lost 47.5 lbs, I would say it works. The food is limited but you can spice anything up and make it work. I will say I am looking forward to Thanksgiving, I might even eat everything. But at this stage I am becoming nervous about going on maintenance and keeping the weight off. I have several friends who have done this and have kept the weight off. My answer to anyone is if you are dedicated and want to lose the weight this is the fastest and best diet I have ever been on.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:50 AM   #32  

im from maryland too. just curious how did the distance program work? are you still on the plan? how much did you lose?
Old 01-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 203/203/145

Height: 5'4

Starrynight and Kim in NJ,
please share with the group on how you all are doing on the bead diet. You two really motivated me to start the diet. I received my starter kit Friday, and will start the program tomorrow, Monday, 1/25/10. I am participating in the long distance program since I live in the DC metro area. I have 60+ pounds to lose and would love to lose at least 40 of them before March 20, (going to a wedding). Wish me luck!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:33 PM   #34  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

sorry mrhodes....just saw your post tonight. I took two months off the program (bead wise because I couldnt afford it) - but I also knew I couldn't stick to it 100% with all the holicay activities.So in 11 weeks I did gain back 9 - but that is not bad for all the holidays sweets I was grabbing.

I went back on last week and dropped 5 of those 11. So I am happy. It does work but oh I hate the first 10 days and my sugar cravings. How are you doing on it??

Kim
Old 02-10-2010, 01:58 AM   #35  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

Hey everyone! I forgot about this thread!
Mrhodes, I went off for a while during finals and the holidays.
I gained progressively.. really ate like crap in school and horribly during the holidays. I bloated up to 181, then started dieting on Wednesday and got down to 171.. TOM is in a day or two so I'm bloating right now. I'm excited to be back on, I want to stay on for a solid 2 1/2 months. How are you doing?

Last edited by Starrynight; 02-10-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:46 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

I haven't heard of this diet, but interestingly, I recently went to acupuncture for my neck pain, and I also mentioned that it has been hard for me to lose weight. Well, he put lots of beads on my ears, and for the next three days I had such a decreased appetite it was amazing. So when I saw him again I asked him about it, and he said yes, some of the beads he put on were for decreasing appetite.

The beads totally worked! I jokingly (but not really) asked him if I could just wear those beads for the rest of my life.

~CGH~

Last edited by choirgirlhotel; 02-10-2010 at 02:47 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:06 PM   #37  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

Choirgirl - yes it really does work!
I'm an anthropology major and I'm taking a course on Medical anthro, and it's amazing the varieties of differences each country has when it comes to practicing medicine and what is acceptable or not. Even between western countries like the differences between American approaches, English, French and West German. Some things really work!
Old 02-14-2010, 09:07 PM   #38  

I was told about this diet 2 years ago by my cousin. I knew that I wanted to try it. I'm finally going to do it. I have to do the long distance program because I live in Maryland. I can't wait to start. I am really excited. Mrhodes, how are you doing with the long distance program? I fear that I will not lose as much as the people that go into the office. I sent in all my information Friday. The office is closed Monday so I guess I won't hear from them until Tuesday.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:22 PM   #39  
eratosthanes

S/C/G: 297/273/170

Height: 5'5"

Wow, this is the most bizzare thing I have ever heard of! I will (despite my skepticism) give them a call tomorrow. I don't know if this is something I could do with my glucose issues, and I am sure price is going to be a factor (am on a fixed income) but hey, if it is working for you guys, I will look into it.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:44 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 173/153/130

Height: 5'7"

i am doing accuweight through the long distance program. my mom lost 67 on the diet 3 years ago, and has kept it off. i started 20 days ago and have lost 20lbs. The accupressure points are the size of a dime, so as long as you listen to training and have someone help you place them you will be fine. Going to the office doesn't make a difference- your commitment to the program is what determines if it will work for you. On the LD program, you have a coach available via email and phone. I email with mine a few times a week with questions and such that come up. My mom is also a great resource for me, but the email support group is also a big help. Have you listened to the orientation? it is an amazing program if you do it and don't CHEAT! Let me know if you have any questions!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

So I just skimmed the information about the diet - did I read right? You can only eat from 10 am to 7 pm each day?

~CGH~
Old 02-19-2010, 12:42 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Is the long-distance program any cheaper? This is very interesting!
Old 02-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 173/153/130

the long distance program cost the same. choirgirl- that is untrue- you can actually only eat between noon and 6pm.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Accujade - you say your mom has kept it off for 3 years - that is awesome to hear! Does she just eat healthy or does she still do this plan sometimes? I am curious how maintenance works. I am concerned that it is easier to gain back. For example, Adkins works well for me, but once I try to incorporate other foods, I seem to pack it right back on very quickly. Perhaps this plan had a better transition. I see others in this post string have gained back rather quickly when falling off the plan. I am going to check out the orientatin on-line this weekend. I am also looking at auriculo staple. Seems a lot likethis , but I don't think there is any special diet to help reset your metabolism. I like that idea. Plus I'd rather not have to explai staples in my ears - haha!

Keep up the good work girls! You guys are truly inspiring!

Last edited by fatBgone07; 02-19-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #45  

I started the bead diet today. We seem to have similar goals.
Closed Thread