General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #181  

Thanks, lasekou. Good to hear that you are doing well on this program.

And, you are not even hungry on milk days???

What worries me is how some have described lightheadedness and even blurred vision. Please let us know if you encounter any adverse effects.

Also, are you going through Accuweight or following another program?

I checked out The Sadkhin Complex, who claims that they're the original bead diet and that all others are just dangerous copycats, but Sadkhin doesn't offer a long-distance program.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:08 PM   #182  

Height: 5'

I agree with you 100%BrillianteLuna. This diets works better than anything else I've tried. I've lost 50lbs on Weight Watches and kept it off for a few years but this diet makes me ask myself "Am I really even hungry?" which will help me once I transition off the diet. I like that I feel full and not full/heavy. I feel full and nourished instead of full and sluggish (if that makes any sense).

lomalindarn I can't say that I feel hungry on milk days (granted it's harder than veggie days). As long as I'm busy, it'll be 3pm before I've realized that I haven't eaten all day. I'll have some cravings around 7pm so I just eat some jello with plenty of water or sip on some tea. I'll be honest I end up going to bed earlier on milk days so I'll stop thinking about not actually chewing on something all day. But then I wake up feeling so well rested the next day and not feeling the least bit hungry.
I think I got a little light headed the first few days but nothing dramatic. I just drank a little tea with honey. I had some leg cramps too but nothing I couldn't shake off. I've had far worse side effects taking diet pills.What I love about this diet is that I never ever wake up hungry in the morning.So that tells me all those cravings the night before were all in my head.
I'm doing the long distance program through Accuweight.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:28 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 300/281/170

Height: 5'6"

Everyone, I hope you don't mind that I am writing in so often, sometimes 2 or 3x's a day...

I am happy to report that I survived the party today, I BLT'd (bitelicktaste) though on something, but I fed the rest to my kids. I stayed away from the dinner table by using the baby as an excuse, and everyone was so wrapped up in other things no one really noticed I wasn't there.

I am happy with what I accomplished today.

I came home and had some of my consumme concoction and some crystal light. I have some diet mango flavor syrup, so I mixed some with my peach crystal light and filled my kids' ice pop trays ($3-BedBathBeyond) and tomorrow will have a frozen treat for me!

Now, on to tomorrow! I'm so psyched to be in 270s....I think I can make it to 260 before my vacation at month's end!

Lomalindarn For the milk days you can have plain yogurt for half the milk requirement. Sometimes I put chopped parseley, mint and salt into it, sometimes I mix with honey, or will mix with the sugar free jellies. I'll bide my time and have it at 5 pm, so I feel like I'm going into the night satisfied. And I do sleep better. Honestly my husband likes the 'less cranky' me, morning and night. My MIL is post-menopausal, has a thyroid condition, takes heart meds and depression meds, and she did the diet just for a month. She lost 25 pounds and has kept it off for about a year. When she was really hungry she had BLT here and there but kept the basic principles. She had honey here and there and snacked on some pretzel sticks. It's all about being practical. You know what you can handle. Have you found a good place for the almased yet?
Old 08-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #184  

Brilliant, how are you doing with the Chi Gong? Does this really make a difference?

You know, all the places online that sell Almased are quite competitive with the pricing (around $20/canister/5 days), which is far better than what the price is in stores @ $35/canister/5 days.

I just don't like potentially wasting my money on it if it is just another protein shake. I talked to a consultant at my nutrition store and was told that ANY protein shake is going to curb your appetite, encourage caloric reduction, increase your protein, and most importantly stabilize your insulin. If this is the case, then I am not convinced that Almased is necessarily "above the rest", with the exception of the unique fermentation/processing that they advertise. If the results are similar, dietarily, to other protein shakes, then the consultant recommended an "Isobolic Whey Protein Powder" which he said would be comparable.

I took a moderator's suggestion (nelie?) and purchased a Hemp Protein Powder that is slightly unpalatable, but a quality product. I just haven't quite gotten in the habit of meal replacement, yet.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #185  

Brilliant, another question.

If you are doing Accuweight long-distance, do they send you new beads and placement instructions in cycles, or did everything come all at once, including the Chi Gong?

I was wondering for those who just want to reuse the beads, don't they need to know the new positions of placement?
Old 08-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #186  

Oh, and I am not promoting Almased. I am simply a querent. I found it intriguing, but had some healthy skepticism toward the product and hoped to find others who are more familiar with it than I.

I just read on this site, under "Does It Work", a topic about the safety of commercial protein drinks. It was eye opening.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #187  

Lomalindarn, I actually am in NJ and go to one of the offices. I think the mail program you pay for 3 sets of beads, enough for one month. There's a number (can't remember right now) of pressure points behind the ears, that's why after a month or two people try to do it on their own.

The reason I was asking you about Almased, I was trying to see if you've started something yet. My impression you want to do it the right way, but I think that just GETTING started, consistently with ANY program, will get those pounds down, and later if you find you've hit a plateau, do something else. It seems with your answer that you HAVE started, so please let us know how it's going for you!!!!

Oh and Chi Gong is just deep breathing exercises. Most of the time I forget to do them. Maybe I do them once or twice a day. It just helps bring more oxygen into your body, can help with fat burning I think...
Old 08-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #188  

Yay! Accuweight called me back, yesterday. I received a voice msg from Yvette? saying that they are only open limited days/hours, which explains a lot. I am going to give them a call tomorrow and ask all my questions.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:53 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 262/213/160

Hello all!
Haven't been on in a few days. Wrote a post about emotional eating and it was erased by accident. Will rewrite it later!!

I prefer milk days over veggie. Not sure why, I think the less prep work the better off I am. I live alone, so I don't have to cook for others.

Will write more later.
Have a great night!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #190  

OK Veggie Day, brussel sprouts (i love them), string beans, apples and plums so far....I actually like to eat tomato paste too heheheheh Maybe a little overboard, but I love it....

My crystal light ice pops, were FAB!

Vitamins! Take your Vitamins!!!! Drink your water!!!!!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:17 PM   #191  

Anyone out there allergic to apples, nuts or certain fruits? If the items are raw, and not ripe enough, my mouth gets very tingly and itchy, as well as my throat.

Does that happen to anyone?
Old 08-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #192  
go 4 your dreams!!!

S/C/G: 297/ticker/160

Height: 5'5

Default hieeeeeeeeee

Hey everyone!!! I haven't been on for few days!!! I'll catch up tomorrow with everyone!

Last edited by prettyinpink116; 08-09-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:00 PM   #193  
go 4 your dreams!!!

S/C/G: 297/ticker/160

Height: 5'5

I haven't been on I been back and forth 2 NJ! Uhhhh things are so crazy right now with my family!!! Im there right now & wont be back till Sunday night! I hope everyone's doing good!!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #194  

Hi everyone, just checking in, keeping things going....Today is the first day of Ramadan for me, so no food or water from about 5.30 till 8 pm (daybreak to sunset) I got a sheet for Ramadan guidelines with the diet, I can do 1 of 2 things, either continue the diet or try to maintain the weight I'm at.

I'm going to try to get a good 10 cycle and then when I go on vacation, do the maintenance guidelines. Also if I'm sick or TOM I won't be fasting so I can do the "sick" guidelines too.

Hoping everyone is having a great week, it's been a quiet one!!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #195  

Default Brilliant

Way off bead topic here, but I thought Ramadan was in February? (I used to be Muslim)

As far as your post about allergy to fruit and nuts, I never considered it this way. I was always told that certain foods, like fruits, especially tomatoes have a high acidic content and that when eaten alone, that acidity can aggravate your mouth, tongue, tastebuds, gums, palates, etc.

To prevent this, I made sure that I always combined fruit with a carb like cereal, crackers, bread (not the best options on or off of the bead diet), but it helped with the mouth irritation.
Closed Thread