Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #16  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

wow! Great pictures everyone! you all look adorable!

Krampus : LOVE YOUR PANTS! (and it's even cooler that they are size 4! )

jayo : nice about your fun time in vegas! I do agree with krampus, your husband (?) is totally cute!

Lisa : Looking great! I love your dress I really want to go shopping now seeing all of your pictures with great looks LOL

ValRock : he picked a great week to visit lol good luck with your studying

Newcomers : hi! welcome!

I'm back on track but it's so hard, after eating so much last weekend, I don't feel like restricting myself LOL I had a good food log yesterday though, only going over my 1500 budget by about 100 calories (could have been much much much more worst)

I baked some mini load bread/cake last night to have an alternive to the chocolat chip cookies my boyfriend bought and eat everynight. They are blueberries and lemon, and half of a mini load is 100 calories (size of like 2 mini-muffins) but they're much more filling them the freaking cookies

I'll try to join the picture post festival, don't know if it will work though, I'm such a noob. I was taken last weekend and it's kinda hard to really see because I'm wearing a coat, but I just love my legs on the picture. They look tiny. hihi.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by TurboMammoth; 05-01-2012 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Obviously the picture thing did not work the first time.
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #17  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies! I know I never participate in the chats much, but I thought I would jump in anyway because you all seem to have the best conversations here

I don't have any decent full body shots, I'll have to take one! All of you ladies are gorgeous!

I can't believe it's May already. My first year of teaching is almost over!

The undergraduate honors program I was a part of is having their end of the year dinner. A lot of my friends are graduating this year and I pretty much mentored them when they were freshmen. I want to go and see everyone again (and the professors in the program invited me) so I can't wait It's on Monday...

A lot of people haven't seen me since last year, before I graduated with my master's (I went to the same college for undergrad and grad). When I ran into some people recently they didn't recognize me! I wonder if that will happen again

philana - that is a wonderful picture of you! It looks like it could be in a magazine!

TurboMammoth - I'm now in love with colored jeans and shorts and anything like that. I bought some tiny blue shorts recently myself and considering that it's getting up to 80 here on Friday I think it's time to rock them Edit: just saw your picture! You look great!!

krampus - You are totally rocking those pants!! They look great on you and you look like you're having a great time!

jayowhy - You look great!

Lisa - that dress looks so wonderful on you and you are so pretty!!

ValRock - good luck on your finals!

magsabags, DottieMae, Sarahlynn - welcome to 3FC!

Last edited by sontaikle; 05-01-2012 at 09:47 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #18  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Back to 130.0 today. My scale might be dying, I stepped on it and it said 128.5, 129.0, 129.5, 52.0, 130.0. Whatever - I ate well yesterday aside from chowing on my bf's home baked honey bread at 11 pm, calories were in check and at no point in the day did I feel deprived. This morning I asked if my gym progress was visible and he said yes, absolutely, that I look and feel fitter. HOORAY.

I'm loving the photo sharing and activity increase in this thread! Welcome back Sarahlynn, and welcome DottieMae and magsabags!

LisaTcan You look druuuunk - but great - and not apple shaped at all.

WFonseca, magsabags Good luck on your half marathons. I'm super impressed by anyone who can run that far!

ValRock Family always know when the worst time is to impose on you - and then they zero in on that time. Good luck with the balancing act!

sontaikle I hope at least one person doesn't recognize you - what an ego boost! A year flies by in no time now - think you're in for the "whole hog" lifetime of teaching? Also just curious when's your wedding date?

TurboMammoth You're so long and lean, you look fantastic - modelesque if I may!

Last edited by krampus; 05-01-2012 at 10:01 AM.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #19  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Ok, everyone, it's a new month!!! I figured out how to do the picture. I took this one before going out a few days ago when I was at my low of 136.6 for like a hot minute. Hah!

I hope we can keep this thread going as motivation all month long!

Time to weight in for may...EEEK!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 180440_707679662426_30500099_37054400_3980890_n.jpg (13.5 KB, 44 views)
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Sontaikle - Thank you! Wow, that must be a weird feeling to have people not recognize you. I hope you have fun. And yes you should join, it's very active sometimes I can barely keep up!

Krampus - haha I like a girl who tells it like it is...I was totally drunk, it was one of my newly single friend's 30th birthday. Yay for your boyfriend's comment, by bf always says "I don't know, you always look fine"

crazygurl - you look hot, love you're dress.

Turbo - you look so pretty, very long and lean. I bet this is a great weight for you.

Mags and Sarahlynn - welcome, I'm sure you'll find us feathers very supportive

wfonseca - good luck with the marathon! My friend is running it as well.

ValRocks - I hear you on the exams, so stressful. I hope you get through them ok! I just had a prof accidentally give me a C+ instead of a B+, I totally freaked out.

~~~~~

So I've had my TOM and went up a few pounds and been totally bloated, I'm trying just to eat really well and not weight my self for a few days. I've also been trying not to snack/graze because I think I could cut calories if I watched that more. I have to decide where I'm going to grad school this week and my boyfriend and I are speaking to an immigration lawyer about me getting a VISA so it's going to be a stressful week!

Last edited by LisaTcan; 05-01-2012 at 10:53 AM.
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #21  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

krampus- haha, it seemed like the first time. maybe because the old guy who hit on me was very obvious. i'm having those days where i want to throw my scale out the window-- what kind of scale do you have?

dottie- hi! great job on the loss! you sound like you have a solid plan

lisa- you're so pretty!

wfonseca- good luck on your WI and your half marathon. i'm getting ready for my first half in august.

valrock- you can do it! (with regards tro finals)

magsbags- you're can do it with the half. the adrenaline pushes you at least 25% more than what you are used to.

sarah- hi! i've also decided to go after my final goal, it seems like we have the same amount left to lose...

turbo- yeah, that's my husband, we both look like we are super young. it's funny because people always think we are a high school couple on a date.. good job on the food log!

sontaikle- hi! it's nice to see you here. I'm sure people wil notice how different you look, you hottie, you!

so it's my birthday today and i'm walking around with a cane. i'm trying to keep chipper but its a little hard.

just to mix things up, i decided to try the 17 day diet. i'm not expecting much, but it's just for a change. it's sort of fun to focus on that since the doctor said that i can't run for 7 days...
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

I just found out I got a scholarship to American University. I think I still want to go to the University of Maryland but it made me happy So far that's two admits with scholarships.
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'11

Thanks everyone for being so encouraging! jay happy birthday - i'm sorry about the cane. it must suck, but you have a lot to be chipper about. losing almost 100 pounds is amazing!! your numbers are inspirational. and all of your photos are lovely btw. can't wait til i write enough posts to post pics!
magsabags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:48 AM   #24  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Claiming my space in here for May, but just had to drop these off for

LisaTcan

and one of these guys for good measure:

And to say that EVERYONE in the picture party is gorgeous!!!!

Here's to a fantastic MAY!!!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:04 AM   #25  
say what?

OMG, this got busy! I hope I don't forget anyone.

Krampus: You look adorable! And your legs look so skinny. <3. Strange you should say that I look taller. I've re-measured myself a gazillion times because everybody always thinks I am taller than I am. But really, only 164cm here.

Jayohwhy: sounds like you had an awesome bday. Happy belated bday! You look so cute too. Love the dress. Running down the strip just sounds like on of those "bucket-list" things. Haha.

Dottie: Welcome here! Sounds like you have a solid plan, keep it up

Lisa: Haha, your pic is funny. But dang, you look adorable. Doesn't seem like there's 13lbs to lose on you. Though obviously people tell me the same and I don't agree. So you go for it! haha.

wfons: welcome! goodluck on the half, can't wait to be able to do that!

crazy: funky how that works right? because of the picture I finally see myself as not so big. But it was also because of pictures that I saw I needed to really start losing some. Hihi.

ValRock: Goodluck with the finals, hope you get some studying time AND some bro-time.

magsabags: welcome and goodluck in the half! I hope to be ready to do one in november.

Sarah: Welcome to these boards. I am sorry to hear about your father. Sounds like you have a lot of good stuff going on though and are on the road to even better stuff!

Turbo: You look just adorable too! Gosh there's so many cool lookin' ladies on here. Hihi. Love your bag. I'm a sucker for leather bags. Hope you found your way back on track more easily by now. I know how it gets when you just had some leeway.

sontaikle: haha, thank you! Awesome that you are joining us. Love this place also! It's the only chat-thread I actually keep up with on here.

--
ARGH! Some of you posted twice already. I am in the train right now and have to get out almost. So yeh.

I am havin super busy days and TOM so my eating has been horrid. (As in about 2 times 1800-2000 calorie days). I think I am on track though today is gonna be busy but I gave food a thought before I left so I have a plan how to eat healthy and not be at home today. I will just have to push all my exercise into 1 day tomorrow. Haha.

I am doing campaigning stuff and I volunteered to organise a big event for 500 people in like 6 weeks. So yeh. Busy busy. But busy feels more like my life. I have not felt this good in months. Just like my old self is coming back. A word of advice to anybody needing it: if you ever feel ike you need to lets say.. graduate... and you are just stuck at it but are a very ambitious and active person, DONT, i repeat DONT tell yourself you can't do ANYTHING but studying untill you are done. Really. I've done nothing in the past few months, and I did not study either. Because it felt like I had loads of time. Meantime I started to feel incredibly useless because all my friends and other people in my network were doing all these cool things and I was just hanging back sayig "no, first graduating." In the end I felt miserable.

To be continued obviously, because I feel good again but the big Question is: Am I gonna manage to get myself to study so I can graduate this year?!

Last edited by philana; 05-02-2012 at 05:08 AM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:07 AM   #26  
say what?

Oh, Lisa, CONGRATS!!!!!!
That's awesome. Glad you got some choice and options.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #27  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

I made a decision that I'm going back to strictly calorie counting. Since the end of January I decided to try going Primal. That lasted for about 5 or 6 weeks (I truly had NO GRAINS) in that time but I really missed certain things so I decided to have grains on the weekends.

The only ill effects I suffered adding them back in was that eating bread in the morning made me hungrier. Other than that, nothing (so just no bread in the morning). I truly think my body is a garbage disposal sometimes because I don't have the digestive issues that others have. I mean if you look around the web you see people eliminating grains all the time and THEIR LIVES ARE CHANGED. Well I guess it didn't work that way for me.

I noticed that on the week days when I didn't have grains that I was actually a bit more tired and needed a nap in the afternoon when I got home from work. Before that I would have endless energy and have to move. When I wake up from the nap I'm fine but it makes me go to sleep later.

On days I do have grains I don't really get that afternoon lull. Also it's a lot easier to stay with my calorie count when I do have them.

The grains I eat will still be whole grains only, and I'll probably still limit them, just not to the extent that I do now.

I can't wait to have my whole wheat flatbread chicken sandwich that I packed for lunch now.

krampus - Yay for progress! I love teaching and I think I'm going to be able to stick with it for the long haul. There were certainly ups and downs this first year in, but overall I love it. And no date yet! I'm hoping to get married within the next few years though

crazygurl61 - I love that dress you on, you look fantastic!

Lisa - Oh it's really weird!! I've gone up to people, said "hi" and gotten blank stares until they either realize it's me or I remind them. It's great if I don't want to talk to someone though! Good luck with grad school (congrats on the scholarship!) and meeting with the immigration lawyer!

jayowhy - Happy Birthday! I hope you had a good birthday despite what is going on.

philana - good luck with that event! Wow! I'd also have to agree with you that while studying is important that it shouldn't take over your life. I was super busy in college doing/running events that while my studying fell to the wayside I still had a high GPA in the end. As it is my job prospects are usually better because of all the stuff I managed to cram in (I've had employers point it out on interviews all the time).

Last edited by sontaikle; 05-02-2012 at 08:20 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #28  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

YOU GUYS YOU GUYS 128.5 - that's my lowest morning weigh-in since early 2011!

I ran 2.5 miles yesterday, just a little thing, but I pushed myself pace-wise and didn't feel like I needed to take any walking breaks, which is a big thing for me. I threw up in my mouth a little right at the start but it got better from there (whew).

Boyfriend made an incredible (and healthy!) dinner last night - salmon w/champagne dill mustard, lemon kale, and asparagus with sriracha. Today I am going to the gym after work to lift and do cardio. Tomorrow is the "cheeseburger picnic" pre-party for the Trailer Park Boys live show...oh boy.

crazygurl61 You look wonderful in that blue dress - really fit!

jayohwhy Aren't you around my age (25)? You guys don't look like high school kids to me - but you'll also probably look exactly as you do until you're 50, which is pretty cool. Happy birthday and wishing you a speedy recovery!

LisaTcan CONGRATULATIONS on the acceptance and scholarship!!!

Alexistrophic Hope May will be a fantastic month for you, too!

philana I feel better when busy too. There is a lot of sitting around at my job now; I am looking forward to when it gets busier and I have to organize conferences and board meetings and whatnot.

sontaikle It sounds like adding grains back is a positive change for you - I don't eat them terribly often, but I simply cannot function on low carb. Glad you like teaching, the world needs more teachers like you - I'm sure you heard about that horror in Cherry Hill NJ with the abusive special ed teacher and the autistic boy?

Last edited by krampus; 05-02-2012 at 09:53 AM.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #29  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Hi Everyone! 138.4 today- on the way down for the month hopefully! BIG weekend ahead but I have already decided not to let that derail me.

Sontaikle- I have been primal blueprint (80/20 but glueten/grain free) since Mid-March and I am hoping to stay that way until I get into the 120's. For May however I have started calorie counting again because I would like to transition to calorie counting only and sparingly add grains back in once I do get to the 120's. I find it is important for me to still calorie count on Primal so I knwo that I am getting enough calories. I am curious to see how adding grains back in will make you feel in the long haul. Keep us updated! I am also a teacher. I was craving grains so bad yesterday and had corn which I don't usually eat, that helped.

Turbo- The legs look great!

Krampus- GO get it girl! In the 120's! It's funny you say I look fit because I don't workout, however with my job teaching elementary I am up and around all day long so I aim for 10,000 steps.

Philana- I second feeling better when busy. It was funny that you said your TOM calories are more because during TOM I ate less and gained wheras the last time I ate more calories during TOM I lost. Also, I think you were the one who said that you started loosing more when you went from 1200 to 1400? Anyway, I am upping myself to 1400 this week to see how it goes.

Lisa-YAY!! Congrats!

JayohWhy- Hope you have a great birthday and feel better soon!

I think I got almost everyone....if I missed anyone have a great day and lets make May a great month!
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #30  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

OMG so many people to write back! this thread is getting on FIRE!

sontaikle : Not being recognize is such an ego boost! And I'm quickly developing a love for color jeans and short... today I'm wearing flashy red jeans for the first time! yay! adding back grain on a diet is tricky... sometimes I get some hangover feeling from carbs... not fun!

Krampus : thanx for the nice words about my picture freaking awesome number on the scale! you're so getting there!

crazygurl : looking hot, girl! your dress is so pretty! where did you get it?

Lisa : congratsx1000 on the scolarship!!! it's always nice to put in a cv. you must be so thrilled that is amazing! good luck for the visa too, those procedures can suck real bad...

jayo : happy birthday for yesterday!! hope you had a great time, even with the cane! I don't know the 17 diet, what is it about?

magsabags : you're close to being able to post stuff.. hang in there!

Alexis : fantastice May to you too!

philana : I'm in love with my leather bag too LOL 20$ at the H&M last night... that was a deal! I love your new avatar by the way, you just look literally happy on it

Sorry if I forgot someone!

I hit the scale this morning, I'm up from last friday, but my tummy has been all bloated since Sunday. I think TOM is creeping its way up.

I'm trying to keep control of the food log and I'm doing okay! Still tempted but oh well. I'M gonna push the boyfriend to finish the cookies tonights so they'll be gone foreveeeeeeeeer

Oh and also I finished my freaking HILLS training I've been doing for the past 4 weeks. They were so boring. Doing the same hill loop/jogging down for 7 times last night, I looked like a creep going in the same street again and again and again. Starting intervals next week, yay!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote