Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:35 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Good Afternoon all

Everyone looks like their doing pretty good so far this weekend. Lets keep it up!

SusanB - You better put some rocks in your pocket so you don't blow away

I guess I better get some housework done. I'll check in later.
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:10 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Under GW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyin View Post
SusanB - You better put some rocks in your pocket so you don't blow away
Better make those BIG rocks Susan B

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:24 PM   #93  
Ilene the Bean

Susan!!

Today, foodwise could've been better... I did run 6k though ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:26 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh but Ilene, you probably remember how many times I've been here before
Still it feels good! I think I'll exercise!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:58 PM   #95  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Oh but Ilene, you probably remember how many times I've been here before
Still it feels good! I think I'll exercise!
But at least you get "there" and someday you'll stay there... Maybe this will be it...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:11 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Ilene - You are an exercise machine! I don't know how you do it. Exercise is my most dreaded part of my journey.
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:17 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Default Greetings from Hawaii!!

This is my 2nd attempt....darn laptop ate my first attempt.

Got off okay, was delayed on the first flight due to the crew couldn't find the fuel cap?!?!

Scared in LAX because I didn't have a seat assignment and was afraid I'd be put on standby. That would not have worked because I was "chaperoning" one of DS's classmates. I told the gate attendant who told me to sit down....then he called me up and said, Oh, you're the one with that kid....and he proceeded to upgrade us all to FIRST CLASS!!! What a way to go!

That flight was delayed duo the AV guys not being able to get the big screen in first class to work......the crew ended up making us fill in "complaint" forms so we'd get vouchers for air travel. not too bad since I didn't watch the movie anyway (was reading my new book) and the boys were entertaining themselves.

The wait for my rental car was almost an hour.....Hertz gave me a $50 gift certificate for future use.

But the airline lost one of my bags---sent it to Denver?!?! Then I get a call saying to come and pick it up in baggage claim after they told me they'd deliver to my hotel. I called back.....they found the paperwork and the bad will be delivered. Thank goodness--it was my toiletry bag (which in the past I would have carried on, but with the "liquid" thing now, I just checked it). I need to be able to take my contacts off! LOL

Food wasn't great, wasn't horrible. Had an egg burrito for breakfast in LAX, but then was upgraded to first class so I had my choice of omelet (which was an omelet, sausage, ham and has browns) or a fruit plate (which was two kinds of melon, grapes, and strawberries with a box of Crispix cereal and milk). Both were served with a cherry Danish or Croissant. I skipped the Danish/Croissant, chose the fruit plate and didn't have anything to drink but one coffee and water.

Got in, waited the hour for the rental, got to the hotel and it was too early to check in (at 3PM?). Finally got in and had no cell service (but have wi-fi at $13 per day--gosh they get you coming and going. Did I say that valet parking was $25 per day?). DS and I went to get some dinner (afterall, it is 7PM our regular time). I chose a shrimp cocktail (and wine).

I sure hope my weight goes down on this trip. I'm really feeling fat. I was 145.5 this morning. I'm hoping it was because it was so early.

I'll write more if I get a chance. We're probably going to hike to the top of Diamond Head tomorrow morning.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:23 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Forgot to add....I got a note from the Band trip to China (DS's trip).

The temperature was 106 with 98% humidity. Thank goodness I didn't chaperone that trip!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:21 AM   #99  

Talking

alinell You went first class! To Hawaii! Try to enjoy and not worry about being "fat" (which you're not).

Ilene such dedication! You get in your vigorous workouts in such hot, polluted, nasty weather.

SusanB Just read in Chatelaine that a 2 lb. weight fluctuation (but you know this already) every day is normal. I know how important it is psychologically to reach goal weight but shouldn't we just try to stay within that 2 lb radius around it and be happy with that?

Whittlin & abbyin hope you have a great OP Sunday.

Dagmar
Old 07-08-2007, 06:35 AM   #100  

Talking first time under 140

My new ticker weight is 139

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Dagmar (still pie free)
Old 07-08-2007, 10:14 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ... I don't have too much trouble staying within a decent calorie range on average. If I could be as dedicated to exercise as Ilene ... whew I'd look awesome!

Allison ... don't even think about it. Travel is a demon mix of foods and gravity and dehydration and stress and .... Seafood, fruit, coffee, wine ... I think your trip sounds like Heaven already!

Dagmar, yes. You're pretty smart! It is important to have a cushion zone for target weight, I think. Anne (the pregnant bicyclist ) from the Maintainers board posted the results of a scale fluctuation survey she did once. It was very enlightening. So I tried it. Everyday that I work 7-3 I've lost up to 3 lbs by break and gained over 1 lb back by home time. So it would seem that a 4 lbs 'sway zone' would be good for me.

Having said all that ... I'm going to veer away from scale weight for a moment ... what I'm really after is a firmer 'look'. I'm not sure how that will effect the scale. I'm not real sure if I'm needing to lose fat or fill some muscle space. Either way it's not going to be much weight, at this point.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:28 PM   #102  

Height: 5'6

Mudpie: 139 feels great doesn't it (I'm trying to remember it myself )

I have been off track for a couple days now...darn holidays! I am hanging out at 148.6 again....which isn't too bad considering. Hotdogs today for dinner (maybe just one without any sides). Tomorrow is a new day....
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:31 PM   #103  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Well, I was right about that time of the month steering me towards chocolate cookies and more bulky food. The visitor arrived about an hour ago. I only mention this because I am curious to see if it is a pattern over the coming months. I have randomly had this conversation with myself about whether my body just needs something extra heavy because of the monthly cycle approaching, but I've never had a chance to record the process the way I may be able to do here because I will be checking in daily. Time will tell.

I have been weighing myself every day since I started into my Fit For Life program 9 days ago, but I'm going to stop that and only weigh in on Monday mornings, to line up with this weekly support group.

alinnell Getting to where you want to go FAST, is not easy, is it? At least, you got apologies and compensations along the way.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:12 PM   #104  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Ran a new route this morning. I think it worked out to only 5 miles, but it was much hillier than my normal route, so it still took an hour. Plus I missed my run last week due to feeling a little bit under the weather, so I'm sure I'm slower (and the heat seems to make me slower and prone to cramping). Unfortunately, the route was through a regional park and the trails don't show up on mapmyrun.com (and the mileage isn't marked for all of them on the trail map) so I can't figure out my exact mileage or elevation.

Thinnythighs--There could be any number of reasons why the scale isn't moving, probably the most likely is that you are retaining water. If you are doing a lot of sweating, this would definitely make it likely that you're retaining water. I know it seems like the opposite would be true (e.g., sweating = losing water) but because you are losing so much water through sweating, your body's response is to retain water. Drinking more water might help but sometimes you just have to wait these things out. Since you are losing inches, this is a clear sign that you don't have anything to worry about. Give it a couple of weeks and the scale will catch up.

Kate--I wouldn't worry too much about eating before working out. There's a ton of conflicting information about when to eat to boost your metabolism and almost no scientific evidence that any of it is actually true. My trainer tells me to eat after working out. Unless your mom's trainer has a degree in nutrition (and very few do), he probably doesn't really know that much more than the rest of us but when and what to eat. The main reason to eat before working out is to make sure you have enough energy to get through the workout. If this hasn't been a problem for you, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Alinnell-wow! those are some travel woes! I hope the rest of the trip goes smoother (and that your bag shows up). The crew couldn't find the fuel cap!! Sometimes I wish the airlines just wouldn't tell us stuff like that; it's not very confidence inspiring. Just make up something that makes it at least sound like you are competent; tell us you are waiting for a few more bags to be loaded.

Dagmar--glad to see you are still pie free, resisting the potato chips, and down to 139!

Way to go, SusanB!
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:24 PM   #105  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Dagmar - congrats on getting down to 139!!! I hope to be there in the next two weeks as well!

Clykk - TOM makes me crave salt, cheese and chocolate...I have no idea why, but its good to be aware of! If you know in advance that TOM makes you crave certain things you can plan to either allow for small amounts of them, or avoid them all together
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote