Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:54 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Way to go Whitlin, Ilene and Dagmar

Not so good for me today. Actually pretty bad

On a good note, I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down 1 lb. this week . Wouldn't you know it, I just changed my ticker yesterday to reflect my real weight of 144 and today I weigh 143 (which the ticker said to begin with). Oh well, I'll leave it there for a couple of days.

I did really well all week until today but I wasn't feeling so hot today so I guess I did a bit of comfort eating. I'll be back on plan tomorrow, I promise.

I actually exercised twice this week, which I never do, and I'm on track for my July exercise of 3 times a week. Just one more to go before Monday.

Hope everyone else is staying on plan and having a great day!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:10 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Just checking in... good job to all who are having a good week, and to those who aren't, well, tomorrow is a new day! Sadly, I'm part of the latter camp.

I have my weigh in tomorrow (me and 3 pals weigh in and report on Fridays), and it's not going to be pretty. Had a great week working out, but a HORRIBLE week of eating. Just everything bad and lots of it... once the overeating started on my anniversary on Tuesday (chocolate truffles, wine, delicious dinner out), it snowballed to 4th of July festivities, and I don't know what's wrong with me today. I do know I'm very tired, and I do not function well when exhausted. My willpower and common sense seems to be frayed away when I'm tired, and I'll eat whatever is at hand and too much of it. I'm not happy with myself at all right now.

Ah... so tomorrow is a big back on track day for me.

Susan, BTW, thanks for your explanation on Canada Day a couple pages back. I learned something!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:11 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyin View Post
On a good note, I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down 1 lb. this week .
I actually exercised twice this week, which I never do, and I'm on track for my July exercise of 3 times a week. Just one more to go before Monday.
You're doing just fine. Down 1 lb. and right on target with your exercise. IMHO you're still OP.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:19 PM   #64  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Interesting day, food-wise. I think I am coming on to that time of the month, cause I found myself serving myself up cheese and crackers at dinner tonight. And then, on the way to yoga class, I stopped in Coffee Time and bought myself two chocolate chip cookies. No emotional reason, just seemed my body led me to these foods. So, no judgement.

I had an awesome yoga class tonight in that there are usually about 6 of us in the class, but everyone was away. So... I got a private yoga class. A whole lot of work, let me tell you! I was sweating from the get-go! So, one and a half hours of intense yoga poses, followed by 2 1/2 hours of a rehearsal for the Gershwin Revue I am showcasing on Saturday and I'd say I got my exercise tonight!!!!!

I thought I would check in while I waited for the Epsom Salt bath to fill. Soaker tub, here I come!

Have I told you how nice it is to have this support group? I've never been a part of something like this before, but it sure feels good.

Allison, think you have room in your suitcase for me?! I have some great memories from Kauaii. So, BEAUTIFUL! Take me with you!!

BTW, what does DD and DH stand for please?
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:51 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Sorry, not going to Kauaii, just Ohau. I'll be spending a lot of it indoors at the convention center. I don't really consider this a vacation--more of a commitment.

I've been OP (or so I thought) but the scale was up again today......had a good eating day today, let's hope it is down tomorrow.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:38 AM   #66  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I was doing so well but this past week I've really had trouble with snacking in the evening. The chocolate covered espresso beans (of which I am only supposed to have two per evening) keep calling my name. I can hear them all the way from the living room . I swear, if I don't get back to my two per night routine soon, I may have to ask my SO to hide them. Every night I think I will only have two; yet every night I end up eating more.

SusanB - Good luck with the contacts. I got contacts to wear when exercising back in February and it was a real challenge to get the hang of putting them in and taking them out. A couple of times I ended up with two contacts in the same eye and at least once I ended up with a contact in one eye and not the other (that was a fun day at the gym ). I also absolutely cannot tell when they are inside out. The assistant at my eye doctor's tried to show me the difference, but I swear, they look the same either way to me. So I end up putting them in the wrong way probably 50% of the time. They are supposed to come out of the package right side out, but that doesn't seem to always be the case. Luckily once they are in my eye, I can usually tell there's something wrong. Except for the inside-out problem, I finally seem to be getting hang of them, although I still try to allow at least 20 minutes to get them in, just in case... And they are definitely worth the trouble!

alinnell - I wish my business conventions were in Hawaii! I hope you have fun even though it sounds like you'll be working a lot.

Clykk - DH is for Darling (or Darn, depending on your mood) Husband and DD is for Darling/Darn Daughter. Here is link to many of the common acronyms used on the forum.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:00 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Thumbs up 1st weigh in for July

Friday July 6 - 140 lbs.

Really made the decision to not blow this last night. DH sat with his full fat chips. Kept offering me "one" (HAH!-one chip)- every time I walked by him but I REFUSED.

Ate my raspberries while sitting out in the newly rained on backyard - nice and cool and green - and then read in bed.

I'm very determined to keep this up all weekend. The daily weigh-ins will help keep me on track but it's the food decisions, one by one, that really do the trick. Will change my ticker Sunday morning after averaging out the weekend weights.

Ticker is going DOWN!!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:16 AM   #68  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Default 2-8

Still doing good on the diet. Seem to have lost my appetite almost completely, though. Have no idea where it went. Managed to get down a glass of juice yesterday morning, wasn't hungry at lunch, and when dinner came, had a few bites of salad and it just became totally unappealing. Of course, i did have 6 chocolate chip cookies later on before bed. i'm thinking maybe the heat is the problem. i notice i eat alot less when it's hot out.

Scale still hasn't moved, but clothes are looser. Need to pick up a tape measure, i guess. Overall feeling pretty good.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:24 AM   #69  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Good job Dagmar!!! Keep up the great work! I'm weighing in on Monday...so we'll see
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:43 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

A pox on folks who walk around with colds! Keep your germs to yourselves! I don't get one very often so this must be a goodie. Wooly face, stuffy nose. So I think I'll lay low today. I should clean out my fridge and make some grocery lists, make sure I take my vitamins ...
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:36 AM   #71  
Ilene the Bean

Get well Soon Susan

Dagmar on ignoring those chips when DH was eating them right in front of you

No weight loss for me this week, but that's ok, the scale has to move eventually because I've been good ...

Off to roller blade with DD ... Later all
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:20 AM   #72  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Cool Deep thoughts

Well, I had some more cheese and crackers last night while I watched TV after my Epsom Salt bath. Should have just gone to bed! Anyways, on to the deep thoughts.

I was reflecting back on the satisfaction of eating the cheese and crackers and chocolate chip cookies and I find it interesting to note that the satisfaction level is not nearly as high as when I eat OP. Matter of fact, especially with the cookies, there was little to no satisfaction! I was even looking for that feeling when I was eating them, but it didn't come. It felt more like emptiness feeding emptiness, which amounts to more emptiness. If I were real honest, I am aware now that I have been fighting this fight of trying to find the satisfaction in junk food for the past 20 years or more. And honestly, junk food doesn't deliver!

Admitting this outloud makes me really want to reprogram my mistaken belief that "junk food gives me a thrill, a lift, a happy feeling!". IT IS NOT TRUE!!!! So, hmmm, what to replace this mistaken belief with??? It makes me think of when I stopped smoking marijuania 15 years ago. Hmm, what did I do in that case? Oh, I remember, I got to a meeting which was all about reminding ourselves of the truth of where that addiction led us: to despair and remorse!!

So, let's see. I guess sticking with this support group would be a good thing. And remembering to speak about the truth of how bad I feel when I go off plan. So, how bad do I feel? I guess I feel EMPTY and I hate that lonely feeling. Unfortunately, a lot of the time I start out feeling empty before I eat junk, but I have to admit, junk food only feeds me more EMPTINESS! So, no more of that crazy thinking!

When I am feeling empty, I will call a friend, or get on-line, or cry out the loneliness, or go for a walk, or do some yoga poses, or meditate. So many choices! I love it!

Here's to an OP day everyone!

Hey, for those of you that are concerned about getting 1 pound to drop away, do you ever consider what water retention can do to the scale?! Lord knows, I can fluctuate by as much as 3 pounds. It's a crazy time though, because I also seem to be the hardest on myself when I am bloated. I am never quite convinced that I am actually bloated. So, the fight is on! The fight between the two voices: "It's your fault." "No, I'm only bloated." "Prove it!" "I can't! Maybe it is my own doing."... and so on. I have to be real careful not to pounce on myself when my weight gain probably has more to do with a natural process then with my eating and exercising habits. I like to give myself a week before I freak out and decide this is a result of my eating and exercising habits.

Well, that's it for the deep thoughts. I got a fridge full of new groceries this morning. I am going to make a homemade Harvest vegetable soup today. Yum, yum!!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:44 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

And ya know what Carolyn? What if it is your own doing? You're human right? We all are. You can prove it by losing that bloat in a day or two.
And remember that the good things you do are your doing too. If you're going to take responsibility ... take the blame but take the credit too.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:54 PM   #74  

Height: 5'6

SusanB: don't feel too bad. I went to IHOP this morning and had pancakes...gonna have pizza tonight

Barbara/SusanB: I never could tell if my contacts were inside out. I just made sure to take them out of the package the way they were and never let them flip around...that way they were always right. I had Lasix surgery about 2 years ago and went from 20/450 to 20/10-15! It is awesome.

Carolyn: I have noticed that sweet stuff doesn't satisfy as much either. I think once I get it out of my system, my cravings aren't as strong. I am even avoiding diet soda and diet drinks to get out of the habit of something "sweet" hitting my mouth. I do know my weakness

I tried out the treadmill for 20 min last night and strangely enough, I am sore. I only walked a little over a mile....I do that all the time outside and never get sore?!? Guess that's a good thing huh?
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:54 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I have had soft contacts now for about 4 years after having worn hard lenses for over 20 years. I love the soft contacts, but I'm with you in not knowing if they are inside out or not just by looking at them. But once they're on, you can certainly tell! Recently my doctor switched my brand from ProClear to Accuvue Oasis. I hated the Accuvue! I'm back to ProClear and loving it!

The only sweet thing I've been craving lately is licorice. And I've eaten it, too. Gotta stay away from the candy aisle in Trader Joe's!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote