Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 05:42 PM   #121  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

HHeeeelllllllooooooooooooo???????
Old 06-13-2005, 07:31 PM   #122  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Heeelllllooooo!

Are you hearing an echo Michele? It's awfully quiet around here. I haven't been on much either because I have extra responsibility at work until my new assistant comes so I've been going to work earlier. I'll be glad when things settle down and I can do just my job. It is getting easier though so I'm glad about that.

Myisha: I am so thrilled to hear that little Channon is going to be okay. My prayers are for a fast recovery for her and a normal life ahead for her. What a blessing!

Michele: Looking forward to seeing the pic of your afghan. I used to crochet and knit a lot but don't seem to have the time right now.

doitforme: Thanks for sharing those pics. Your niece is lovely as is her dress. They grow up too fast!!

How is everyone else doing? I'm struggling with trying to find the time to exercise. I did move a lot of rocks on Saturday so that must count for something, right? I did lose 1 lb. this week so the scale is still slowly moving downward. People are starting to notice the loss so that feels really good. I plan to go shopping for some new clothes soon. My pants are getting big on me. YEAH!!

DH took me out for dinner on Saturday to celebrate my BD. We met friends and had a great time. It was great to relax after a hard days work.

Well, better go. Spaghetti pie for supper tonight and the smell is driving me bonkers.

Have a good night!
Old 06-13-2005, 09:20 PM   #123  

Hi all sorry I haven't been back around. Been sick Strep throat and anemic. Why do people think that if you have a weight problen you can't be anemic. People. My name is Deb I am married and have two children 1 boy 4, 1 girl 2. They are my pride and joy.

Last edited by garsony; 06-13-2005 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:10 AM   #124  

Default Hi!

Mitchy- Thanks! They don't have the new baby yet, she is the one we are picking up from China, probably in the next few weeks that was a pic they included wioth some of the paperwork. I am also a list maker, keeps me on track at work. I have been really good last 2 days trying to get back on track as we fly soon, and would love to loose a few more before we go,
Wilma- Thanks! prayers for you at work, it can be over whelming when you have everything to do alone. Loose pants - means your loosing good job, you'll be at goal before ya know it.
Garsony- welcome again! I remember you from a while back, It is like when they assume because your large you have high blood pressure, and stop the circulation to your arm when they take it. Prayers your soon feeling better-
I am going home to mom and dads tonight as they had a terrible storm last night, alot of major roads washed out from excessive rain, and thuinder showers, they had 6 inches of rain in a couple hours. So prayers for all MIAS as well catch ya all later.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:39 PM   #125  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all,
Well, I got the pic of my poor sunburned tootsies, so here you go. But it's peeling and not hurting now, so it's ok.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sunburn.jpg (19.2 KB, 18 views)
Old 06-14-2005, 03:07 PM   #126  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 235/198/170

Height: 5ft 6in

Hello Everyone!

Well just wanted to check in again. I see there hasnt been much activity here lately. First I want to say thank you to all of you for your prayers. I went to the hospital yesterday to see Channon and she wasnt feeling very well. She kept running a fever, was very uncomfortable and inconsolable. I held her for about 2 1/2 hours and in that time she would fall asleep off and on so she is also very tired. My SIL called me this morning to tell me the reason for the fever was because she has an infection in her blood. They are taking tests now and then they are going to give her a general antibiotic until they can find the source of the infection then they will give her a more direct antibotic. I was getting very teary when she called, but then I had to DECIDE to praise God anyway. He wants us to praise Him in the good times and in the bad times. So I am praising God because I know that He is still in control!! AMEN!! Please continue to keep Channon and our family in your prayers.

Sue - your neices are beautiful!! That baby is too cute!! Happy Birthday!! I know you and your DH had a wonderful time. Dont you just love those "date nights".

Deb - welcome back! Keep in touch when you can.

Wilma - I am praying for you and your job. I am happy to hear that it is getting easier for you. God will you send you the right person in time.

Michelle - Tell me how LAWL works for you. Is it a pretty simple plan?

Donna & EZ - WHERE ARE YOU???????????

Well I have to go. I will check in again soon!

~Myisha~
Old 06-14-2005, 03:21 PM   #127  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Myisha, LAWL does work and I like it because it's a very healthy and balanced way of eating. My only thing i don't like is that they "tend" to try to sell you all this stuff you don't necessarily need. Like bars (I substitute with another bar which is nutritionally very similar, but I don't tell them, they kind of assumed i use their bars), nutritional supplements, treats, etc. None of the extra products are required in order to lose on this plan. I kind of stressed the point that I was NOT interested in buying any other products, that i want to just be on the eating plan, and they've left me alone. It's VERY healthy and I think very balanced. Being an old-carb dieter i love that I can eat fruit and almost all veggies and some other carbs and still be losing. The other thing I really like is the one-on-one counseling. Most counselors are very encouraging and supportive and make it fun. I do highly recommend the program. And now that i've said all this i guess i should get my fanny in there to be accountable and WI.

Continued prayers for dear little Channon...gosh, makes me cry to think of her little body hurting, but i do know that the Lord is there to comfort her. You are so right that the Lord wants us to praise Him in good and bad. Thanks for the reminder. Someday Channon will know what a sweet Auntie she has to go and hold her for hours...so sweet.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:14 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Smile Hello

Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a good day-despite your circumstances!
I am enjoying being able to get here more often to read what you are all up to!
And Im praying for Channon too!
Mitchypoo-what does LAWL stand for?
Ive lost a couple more lbs on Body For Life and am finding the more frequent meals (and protein) are really helping with my cravings..
Have a great day and May God Richly Bless You!
Karla
Old 06-14-2005, 05:26 PM   #129  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Karla, LAWL = LA Weightloss
Old 06-14-2005, 07:53 PM   #130  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Tuesday

HI GALS

Just a quick check in...a ton of stuff to do before heading to Washington next week...grad parties, bills to pay...and best of all TRYING to remember EVERYTHING to tell the 2 oldest kids on what's what on the house such as when roses-yard gets watered, what bills to expect, don't forget trash day, etc. At least we plan to be gone, Angie anyway, 2 months. One of my neices needs a place to stay for a couple of months and a good friend of my daughter's needs a place for a month so they will keep Ryan company (? ?)...there goes his "bachelor" plans Ron will go up with us and then I will send him back to visit his mom (with my brother's supervision)...Lara is going to Germany with her german class then will come up and drive home with Angie, Amanda is "WORKING!" now (has her own office with 3! chairs and a brand new ~ just delivered for her ~ flat screen monitor and computer!)...she will probably fly up when she has one of her 3~4 day week-ends...they work 9 hour days and take every other Friday off...Ryan is going to fly up if he can either before or after he teaches summer school, he doesn't have much of a break on either end of that.

MICHELE OUCH! here in California we NEVER leave the house without our sun screen..... don't tell my kids and Angie...THEY NEVER LEAVE W/O IT! I have been known to pull a "michele" once in a while...me with no hat, in the sun...oh no!

SUE Great work on the pics of the neice'(s)...are you SURE they are cousins?...that little one looks a little too dark and chubby ...they are both cutie's and so lucky to have you!

WILMA Happy birthday! Where are you going for dinner?

MYISHA I am sure Channon feels better being held by her FAVORITE aunt! We will be heading your way sometime next week...a little south of you, but I will YELL real loud when we get into Washington

KARLA and GARSONY Glad to see you gals back

TEEL Prayers for your mom and puppy! Have a great time in Scotland!

JEN Have fun at the wedding and with family!

RACHEL AWESOME PICTURES! What a wonderful trip for you! Have a great summer (school)

SUNNYDHAPPY #30 just in case I don't make it back before I head out...we will get internet service, just don't know when...may take a week or two! I know you guys are busy, stay healthy!!

Well, just in case I don't get a chance to post for a few weeks~PRAYERS~ for all of you to have a safe summer

Outta here for now....Gary

Last edited by EZMONEY; 06-14-2005 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:21 PM   #131  

Hello Everyone...

Well, I had my post in Word and to cut/paste and it didn't work.

Anyway, I'm on DH's puter and it's slowwwwww. I'm sorry I haven't been around. I'm bad. There's my orig post below:

Hello All…I feel like I’ve been MIA. I’m sorry. Work is weird, I’m weird, but I’m happy.

I’m on DH’s VVVEEERRRYYY SSLLLLLOOOOOWWWW Computer so I’m doing this in Word first then I’ll copy/paste.

How is everyone? Not much new here. DH got great news regarding his heel. The ortho dr told him today that he is impressed with the healing considering thedamage that was done to the foot and with the plate and screws in it, the heel healed wonderful. He will still swell, etc but he doesn’t have to go back for 3 months.

I just returned from hobby lobby and bought bunches of stuff for making some simpler jewelry for a craft show this fall. After January, I would like to make some specific pieces and have a web site.

It’s supposed to cool off here tonight and for a few days. Ok by me. I will take anything from 70 degrees on up.

EZ…when are you moving?

Michele…The feet. Ouch! Bag Balm will heal those puppies in no time.

Sunny…How are you and how’s DH?

Everyone else…Sorry, I haven’t been around. I will try to be better about keeping up.

Hugs and more Hugs…
Mary
Old 06-14-2005, 10:26 PM   #132  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Good to hear from you Mary~~ Angie and I are heading up to Washington next week...she will come back, after a couple of months, for a year...I may or may not stay...depends on work...then the "plan" is both go up next summer for two years and see if we like it...I am already having a TON of anxiety over the entire situation...2 house payments, leaving kids, my buddy who lives there was fired and is re-locating to Kansas (we are not moving there because of him, but it was nice that he and his family was there already)...aaaaaahhhhh.....the joys and trials of life!

Glad to see the heel is better for Gary...and that you are happy!

BYE
Old 06-15-2005, 09:10 AM   #133  

EZ...wow...talk about change. My work is changing quite a bit with budget city budget cuts. The three locations of the Planning Dept are all being joined in one location. that means lots of comotion. Help! I can't focus.
Our plan is to go to the mountain in 9 years. that would mean leaving my babies and their babies. Yikes! Not to worry now though...too far away and tons can happen in 9 years.

It's good to be back on line at work. It gives me another thing to NOT focus on my job with.

Sunny...you have delighted many with siggys. You are so special!

I'm flying to Indiana July 1 through the 5th. I'd drive for 6 hours but I know DH does not want me driving alone for that time and the cost of gasoline would come to approx the same $$ as a plane ticket.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:06 AM   #134  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

We have been rockin' and rollin' here in California the last few days. Had a 5.4 earthquake on Sunday within 60 miles of us...we were in church..pastor just says "oh, a little earthquake" then carries on with his sermon...of course it was the first one for our vicar and new director of music...they were a little spooked! Then last night a bigger one up near the coast of Oregon...we had tsunami warnings for our coast...called Angie because she was going to be driving 60 miles right down the coast, and her brother and sister live on the coast (we are 5 miles in)...an hour later the warnings were off....guess 911 was flooded! with calls...

Well, off to work...have a great day!
Old 06-16-2005, 12:53 PM   #135  

Hello all.
Well today at some point I reached the old age of 41!!! I say at some point 'cos I don't know what time I was born into this old world of ours, but I started the celebrations at about 08:00hrs, with proper coffee and coissants for breakfast..hot and straight from the oven..
There are 4 in a tin so I had 2 for brekkie and 1 for lunch so I have 1 left over for tomorrow
Tonight 2 friends and me are going to The Angel Hotel for a meal and then on Saturday 4 of us are going for a great Indian meal in town. Nothing like spreading the celebrations over a few days, what?!!!!
Don'tknow what I am going to wear yet but its very muggy out there. Perhasp we are in for a thunder storm tonight. Hope so. It'll clear the air.

Anyway I'll be back tomorrow hopefully. I have had so much trouble getting an internet connection latelly....
Closed Thread