Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 11:11 AM   #91  
Christy

off topic prayer request a man (MIKE) I know was in a horse accident this am the horse stepped on his chest they are medi- flighting him to a trauma center please pray for him he has 2 small children 9 and 4.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:30 PM   #92  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

The girls were good today...waiting for their cookie!

CHRISTY Prayers for your friend Mike and his family!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:44 AM   #93  
Christy

Thanks for your prayers Gary. I know they have helped. Last report yesterday he had broken ribs, ruptures splein and a bruised lung. My son went to the hospital with our youth guy from church he is still in ICU they said you could see the bruise through the hospital gown. So The report is better than I expected but he is not out of the woods yet. Not sure if I will here any thing this AM put will try to find out something.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:49 PM   #94  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hello my Dear CER's...

I do hope this post finds you all doing well and enjoying the Summer!
I cannot believe how fast the time is going by these days!!!

It has been so crazy busy here w/ Joe & I. My mother is holding her own till she hears from the Dr's about her MRI next week. And my father is improving everyday

Our nephew is getting married this Saturday and tomorrow evening we have his rehearsal to attend (Joe is singing for the wedding) and then we are all going out to dinner together... it's a huge group of people (Italians - Huge!)! But it's gonna be FUN! I will not be back to the thread till next week so don't be worried about me - we are well, it's just such a busy, busy time of year! I think busier now then during the Christmas holiday This weekend is the Wedding and the family gatherings... next Sat. we have Grad. parties to go to and then it's Father's Day. Oh and then the 21st is our 30th Anniversary --- and Joe & I are going to a B & B for a couple days the weekend of his birthday (6-25). And then... there's July... phew! More family wedding's and showers to go to...

What a crazy day I had this past Monday... mostly on the phone with SBC phone company reps. I am going to go with high speed DSL to speed up my computer. I called just to pay a bill by phone and got a rep that talked me into it... I am nervous and excited at the same time, should have it by tomorrow... I just hope I won't have any problems. They really gave me the best deal I have seen in a long time - $26.95 for a year and then you call before the yr. is up and they will honor the quoted price (or better) for another year to keep you. I will have a change of e-mail address when I finally do switch over... so I will let those of you who have my e-mail know right away when I do switch, okay. I also had 3 weeks of bill's to sort out and pay!! With the bank messing me up taking out the $600.00 - I had some making up to do after they put it back in. I didn't want to write any checks till I had it back, you know. I am still not quite finished - will do that today or tomorrow.

Joe & I had a day out with our friends and their kids this past Saturday. Girls & Guys went their separate ways and met for dinner at the local minor league baseball game... We had a great time! And the baseball game we went to that night was so good! What a beautiful night for a game weather-wise! It was nice that they won 6-2 just for us A perfect day! We (Peggy, Sandy, Lisa & myself) played 2/ 18 hole *putt putt golf* games and I won one game Lisa won the other... We went to *TGIF Friday's* for lunch and ate dinner at the baseball game meeting the guys there. The guys had a good day too hitting a bucket of balls each at the driving range & catching a kids BB game - it was so much fun! We were all so zapped on Sunday that when we got home from church we just collapsed (Mike & Peggy too - !). Although, Joe & I did rent a movie... *The Phantom of the Opera* --- have any of you seen it? Beautiful movie!!! Just Beautiful! You guys would LOVE the music, such beautiful voices!!

You should see all my perennials... so many are ready to bloom right now I'll have to get pics to share w/ you all later... we never did get in that veggie garden and won't till next summer - just too much happening here this year. And all my flower pots are still empty too I am hoping to get them filled real soon with some of the annual sales at the gardens ctrs

Gary, The girls are Beautiful!!! Thanks for the picture! You are so adorable, Gary--> Joe lets me out to play... I just have been up to my ears with *stuff* to be done Yesterday I felt so overwhelmed!! I'm better today... I have been wanting to post here for days and just haven't had a moment.

As for *NCIS* I am so glad you liked it --- it is such a great show!!! I love all the characters and hated that they killed Kate off in the season finale --- I am so hoping it was a dream/nightmare of someone's and it didn't really happen it just won't be the same w/o her and Tony going at each other! Keep watching it, I know you'll like it as much as we do... Joe & I like it so much we watch the reruns when we can... Tuesday nights @ 8pm. I love *Ducky* David McCullum (sp? Man From Uncle).

Myisha... you are absolutely Beautiful! And your family... such a handsome man you have there, nevermind those Beautiful babies! Bless your heart... thanks so much for sharing your picture!

Forgive me for not posting to each of you at the moment: Michele, Wilma, Sami, Marilyn, Sue, MKay, Margie-> Still walking? I am, have 6 miles in so far , Teel-> So glad you like your siggy - it looks beautiful on you Enjoy!, Virginia, Jan, Rachel-> Prayers Sweetzz. Lynn, Zoegirl, Christy-> Prayers for you as well , Andrea, Gina, Azulfire, Jackay, Karla, Jenni -> Sig looks cute on you , Garsony, Candy & Sherry --- I don't know that I will ever catch up here... but I will try just as soon as I am able to, okay I may not be stopping in here as often as I'd like to, but I think and PRAY for you all every single day I will be back just as soon as I am able...

I Love You Guys!!!
*Smiles & Gods Blessings*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 06-08-2005 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:03 PM   #95  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 235/198/170

Height: 5ft 6in

Good Morning All!!

I have a huge prayer request. My neice Channon is going to have her surgery tomorrow. They are going in to remove the cancerous tumor. Just to sort of get everyone up to date that didnt know about her...Her name is Channon and she is now 6 mos old. My brother and sister-in-law found out she had a cancerous brain tumor when she was 6 wks old. She remained in the hospital for approx 3 mos and had 8 surgeries on her line, her head and biopsies on the tumor. She started chemotherapy approx 2 mos ago and has done very well. The doctors wanted her to do chemotherapy becasue the tumor was the size of a large orange (almost as big as her head) and it had pushed her brain all the way over to the right side of her head. If they performed the surgery in the beginning she would have bled to death because it was so big. So they wanted the chemo to shrink the tumor. Which is has to the doctors surprise significantly!! It has died on the inside as well as the outside and is now 50% smaller!! PTL!!! She has had no brain damage and has developed so far on schedule. This has come very quickly (much quicker than expected) and we are praising God for that!! My sister-in-law and brother are happy but very aprehensive because she is so little and she can possibly have brain damage or even worse ... well you already know the worst that can happen and I cant even bring myself to write it. I love that little baby so much and cant possibly think of the worse. So please pray for my family and for little Channon.

Thank you!
Myisha
Old 06-08-2005, 01:20 PM   #96  
Christy

I'm praying for channon and her family.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:21 PM   #97  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Wink

Hello Myisha,
I will surely hold your little niece,Channon,
and her family in my prayers... she will be
in the Lord's hands sweetzz...

*Prayers & Gods Blessings*
(((Hugs)))

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 06-08-2005, 02:54 PM   #98  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 235/198/170

Height: 5ft 6in

Thank you Christy and Donna, that means so much to me. You guys are wonderful! Donna - I am happy to hear that you and your family are doing well. Continual prayers for your mom. Sounds like you and your DH have been having a wonderful time!! I miss you when you are away and I look forward to hearing from you next week! Thank you so much for everything!

Myisha
Old 06-09-2005, 12:24 AM   #99  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs up Wednesday

HI GALS

A little bummed out right now, my family has been watching the college softball world series all week, we were for UCLA against Michigan in the finals (Michigan..MKAY's home!~)...anyway UCLA lost in extra innings..

Baseball world series for college continues this week-end, we are rooting for USC, STANFORD and CAL STATE FULLERTON in our house......

MYISHA My prayers will continue for your neice!

SUNNY WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? KATE DIES You talk me into watching NCIS then you tell me KATE DIES ...and I thought you were my friend ...I saw it this week too, with one of the actors from the ED show...cool....sorry to hear of Kate, I hope your "dream" thing is correct! I thought that was David M....but then I was SURE he had to be dead by now...wasn't Man from U.N.C.L.E. on "like" a hundred or at least 40 years ago?Anything "PHANTOM" is Angie's favorite...she saw this movie the day iot came out, liked it, but enjoyed the plays she has seen more...I like the girl in it ...cute~but way too young for me!

DSL is for sure the way to go...we have had it for over a year now!

I am going to wish you and JOE a Happy #30 now and a Happy B-Day for Joe now also...I think Angie and I will be on our way to Washington at that time and I won't be around to "chat" for a week or two...time to drive~3 days, and time to get service hooked up!...plus...my memory thing! SO HERE YA GO..

LATER GALS!
Old 06-09-2005, 09:07 AM   #100  
Quit counting at 45!

Myisha: I'm also praying for the little Channon. What a lot to go through when you've just begun your life. Take care!

Sunny: Wow! You sound really busy. Just post when you can. It sounds like lots of fun though. Makes me wonder how crazy it'll be the week my DS gets married.

I have a challenging couple of weeks ahead of me. My assistant is moving to another branch so I will be without one for 1 week and then will have to train her replacement. It's hard being short handed for such a long time but will be okay. With holidays happening it's bound to happen anyway but I'm still learning my position and then to have to learn another one is a little overwhelming.

I also have to talk to one of my employees about her abuse of time today and it might not be pleasant. I hope that I can approach it in a way that won't antagonize her but that she gets the point. Please pray that I will have the right words to say to her.

Well, better get moving. Have a great day.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:58 PM   #101  
Walking Off The Pounds

Cool Just a quick note. . .

Hi, we're back from the beach, actually we came home Saturday, trip went well but had a broken water heater at home, thankfully no water leak! Spent the most of the week, of course, catching up and had to dispatch yesterday, so little by little I guess I'm getting there. The beach was great, the weather didn't always cooperate but hey, - a bad day at the beach is still better than a good day at work! Did keep up 'some' walking at the beach, not as much as I probably should have but, oh well. . .

My goal is 50 miles again this month and I'm way-y-y-y behind. So far I've got 6.9 miles! I'm getting ready to go out and walk at lunch also. Did get a total of 58.95 last month so I did get past my goal!

mnewton - wow, what a roller coaster on your job, glad to hear about the new one, any prospects yet for your DH? Beautiful pics of family, I'm sure you're VERY proud! Ghana sounds awesome, how many sisters do you have? How many are going? Did you say if this was pleasure or mission or what? You might have and I probably just missed it but sounds like a good two weeks.

SunnyD - I also miss you posting but yet I understand. How's your weather been? It's been so hot and humid here - I hate it! That's one of the main reasons my mileage is so low, I can't get out in it, get overcome by heat too easily and it's just not worth it. It hasn't even been cooling down at night, it was 73 when I got up at 6:00 this morning! You say 40 this month, I think I'm going to try for 50 again and probably be surprised if I get it, due to the weather, but yet it's a goal to shoot for! Glad to hear you enjoyed Avaiator and National Treasure. I wanted to see them both and Phantom but just didn't get too, oh well, guess I'll wait for pay-per-view.

finallyready - how's the son-in-law? Still helping out with the kids, etc? Sounds like they're keeping you busy. Liked your story on the Scholastic Book Warehouse, wish we had one of those here as I've sure spent some $$ for my DD with Scholastic!

EZ - sounds like the grad party went great and the cheese enchiladas - YUM! My fav! Ryan sounds like he's an awesome coach, going to state. . . Nice pics of the house/party/and girls too, enjoyed all of them! Marshall U is maybe 30 minutes (at the most) from my house, attended there and have season tickets to football (my fav sport!) Saw all seasons with Randy Moss (and you can have him!), Chad Pennington (Jets), Byron Leffingwell (Jags), Troy Brown (Pats), plus many more Marshall guys now playing pro. The local paper always puts out columns on these guys at the beginning of the season and keeps track of how they're doing each week.

wkgirl/Karla - 240 acres sounds awesome, you can really get away from EVERYTHING there, though a downer not to have any utilities. Are you all planning to develop any of it or just build for yourselves? Let us know how your plans are going. . .

garsony - welcome - this is a great bunch, a little quiet sometimes, especially weekends and good weather, but you know how everyone just seems to get so-o-o busy. . . come back soon!

mitchypoo - Sounds like you had a great trip too! Nice pics of Mom & bro, they both seem to be enjoying your company! P.S. You can keep the snake, - I don't like them either!

wilma - dear wilma, condolences on the loss of your dear father, I can only imagine how hard that must be on you and your precious Mom. Will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Must run for now, I know I didn't get to finish but my thoughts and prayers are with you all. Hope everyone is having a great Thursday. - Margie
Old 06-09-2005, 01:07 PM   #102  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

K, here's some other pics from the trip

This is one of the places we went fishing and where I got so bsunburned:
Here's the Kern River where we went fishing that day. That is my cousin Cindy and her daughter Nikki. I didn't actually fish, didn't have a license. and here's the lovely couple outside the church. They passed out these little boxes when you left the church and then we all opened them and these brand new butterflies flew away...it was cool.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:17 PM   #103  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI EVERYONE~

MICHELE Nice pictures...ain't California grand!

WILMA Prayers for a non-stress work week

MARGIE Jealous of your tickets! I do "have" Randy Moss, now that he is a RAIDER...not all that happy about it..yet...as far as Chad Pennington...love the way he plays...seems like he could be a jerk sometimes, but maybe that is a maturity thing with him...with Randy-well, don't think mature is a word in his vocab!

Well, home from work...now chores!

Prayers for all!

Gary
Old 06-10-2005, 09:54 AM   #104  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

SUNNYD~ I read last night in TV Guide that Sasha Alexander "KATE" asked to be off the show...too much work for her...don't think she is coming back...later
Old 06-10-2005, 10:04 AM   #105  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Myisha~continued prayers for Channon and family who i am sure are worried beyond belief. Poor baby, but Sunny is right, she is in God's hands and she's had miraculous things happen already. Please keep us posted...

Sorry the pics were so big but i couldn't resize them before i transferred them and i needed more space on my camera. Anyway, yes, i do think CA is a beautiful state. I loved my drive alone up Wed., it was hot w/a little breeze and you drive thru part of the Mojave desert and it's just beautiful. But then, i love the desert. And the views of the mountains on both sides of the Owens Valley, just beautiful. There's a lot about CA that i do miss. You will too Gary, although i know where you are going is nice too.

I don't work at the Yarn Cafe until next weekend so i have some free time, yah! I have a lunch date tomorrow w/a new guy i'm going to meet, not so sure about him, but thought, why not just meet. And i'm meeting John at Church sunday a.m. and then we're going to coffee/breakfast. Haven't seen him in awhile so i'm looking forward to that.

My tummy is much better today so i'm going to really get back on program.
Closed Thread