Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 12:16 PM   #76  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Saturday Morning!

It's snowing lightly here again but the sun is trying really hard to peak through the clouds. I sure hope he wins. It's been so gloomy here lately and I miss the sun.

This a.m. we're going to go watch a high school basketball tournament that a friend's son is playing in. Hopefully, we'll get to see some people from where we used to live. Then, it's home to cook some hamburger soup and get ready for Sunday. DH is going to install the hardware on my new cabinets and then I'll take some pictures and show them to you. I am so excited to have this kitchen finished. I actually have a drawer with nothing in it. Can you believe it? I'm sure it won't stay that way for long!!

Gary: Glad to hear that DS's interviews went well. I'm praying that a position opens up for him. Is he open to moving to get a job or is he wanting to stay in one area? Sometimes just getting that experience is worth moving for.

Sunny: Sounds like you can put that snow behind you. In our area the threat stays around at least until the middle of may but so far this year we're doing okay. I'm anxious to get out in the yard and do some work there but it's still too cold. I want to have the yard looking nice for the wedding.

Margie: WOW! YOu're doing great with your walking. You're inspiring me to get going on mine too. I need to map out a route in my neighbourhood that I think is safe and the distance I want to walk. I know it'll make a difference for me.

Michele: I think your job at Yarn Cafe sounds ideal. I think someday I would like to do something like that. I'm impressed that you spin too. Is it difficult?

Virginia: Congrats on the 4 lbs lost. I know well the feeling of sabatoging after a success. After my BP went down I ate a few things I shouldn't. It's hard to get back but we can do it.

mkay: I love what you said about God being a God of hope. He is just that - not waiting for us to mess up so He can punish us. He loves us and wants us to be the best we can be.

Well, better get going. Have a super day.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:25 PM   #77  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi Wilma,
No, spinning is not really difficult. It takes some getting use to and some coordination b/c you have to move your feet and hands and the wheel and control the wool or spinning fiber. But once you get use to it or in a rhythm it's very soothing and therapeutic, you get lost in it. That's what i like about it and then you have this finished product that you can see and feel. I like the smell and feel of the wool when you are spinning. I just love it and don't spend the time to do it very often anymore so it's a treat to be able to show others how it's done. I started b/c i wanted to make novelty and cool animal fiber yarns and sometimes they are really expensive, so i thought, why not make my own? But i've gotten so much more out of it than just making yarn.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:26 PM   #78  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Hey everyone, thought I would drop in before my big BIO 101 exam! I went to Curves again today and I made it all 6x this week! WOO HOO!!! I lost 6-7 (7 if I weighed in without clothing on -- so I'd be out of the 170's!!!) pounds in 12 days, and my body fat went down from 37.2% to 36.1% So 3 1/2 of those pounds were fat! Yippee! So that put me in a really good mood today. I hope I do well on my Bio test. Wish me luck!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 12:34 PM   #79  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Default Gary...

Nope... we didn't meet with the friends this morning. They met with their family and left to go camping this weekend. As for grocery shopping - just the market today Did you happen see my last post to you? We are all writing so close to one another I wasn't sure you saw it

What you have to do for your furry kids, 'eh Sounds like you have quite a full day today. Joe is *ON CALL* and so when he gets home from the service he has to go to work for a couple hours... then we'll head out to the grocery. I really hate to go alone, so that's why we shop together either nights or weekends. I am glad that Joe doesn't mind coming with me He knows where to find all the bargains (being he works in the chain).

W W! Your house went up fast!!! Didn't it?! Hum... your ex will see it before Angie, hope she doesn't mind. Then again, Angie isn't that kind of person from what you have shared with us about her. I cannot wait to see some pictures of your home all finished!

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-30-2005, 12:50 PM   #80  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Again

Well my yard is getting dug up! Angie off to bell choir practice so I am having to answer questions, do laundry, knock the dogs around and post all at the same time...I am so overworked Ryan off to a track meet, Ron at his mom's and step-d...well, she doesn't come out of her room much, especially since the TV downstairs keeps fading to black for some reason.

DONNA Didn't quite catch the service was this morning at first. Ryan should find out fairly soon if he gets a job with that district. He will also be sending out resumes to other districts in the mean time....he wants to stay in the area here where he was born and raised if he can. As far as getting a job, well, that will eventually come...he has great credentials...there just has to be openings...here in California, as in most states I think...there are plenty of budget cuts...also as I said earlier a ton of competition for each history job here because of the "location". He can "sub" full-time...but the benefits and $$ isn't the same...we shall see. Amanda called last night and said she was again offered a job at the NAVY research place where she did her internship for college...they told her to go to the conference in Nashville and then talk to them when she returned on what her "plans" are...they didn't discuss $$$ with her...I am sure it isn't that much...reasearch is pretty "risky" business!! They did tell her there though that with her kineisiology degree in physical education there are a lot of fields to enter...but the told her to stay out of the "24 hour Fitness type jobs-- personal trainer, etc...that she was much too gifted for that

Ron doesn't seem to have any allergys....he talks "out of control" when he gets excited...at home when things are "normal" he is very calm...but if someone comes over that he really wants to see, he gets like Reba...all excited and it takes awhile to calm down...the teachers say that in class...even though he "sneaks" talking from time to time...he usually just goes way overboard and won't stop when he gets excited...when the class is interacting...or happy about getting to see a video or something...he just goes over the top. I will keep working on this!

WILMA Have fun at the game...our high school basketball is over for the year here, school anyway...kids play club all year round though. Thanks for the prayers for Ryan, see Donna's post for answers to your questions...it would take me too long to re-type Work going well? Now that the cabinets are done~~WHAT NEXT~~?

SUE Good lookin' out with the pictures of the kids. I hope they are easy on you on the ALL-NIGHTER!! I used to do them years ago at church...NOT ANY MORE!! My all nighter is to about 11:00pm I hope the adoption goes well and you all have a safe trip...what a great thing!! And I am sure so exciting!!

MARYK Hey don't let Gary get too comfy on that couch Tell him he can still cook as long as it is a quick dinner! That way he doesn't have to be on his feet long.

Well really need to go do some chores...

KARLA Welcome!

SAMI GRANDbaby!

MARILYN, VIRGINIA, CANDY, MICHELE#2,CHRISTY, ZOE, LYNN, JANICE, TEEL, MARGIE, MYISHA, SHERRY ...I THINK THAT IS IT????...................HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END!!!

BYE-GARY
Old 04-30-2005, 12:51 PM   #81  

Smile

My Goodness... look who crept in while I was writing Gary!

*~*~*

Hi Wilma!!!! Snow for you??? I pray that it's not much and that we will NOT see it again till next winter! I have had enough... it's raining here today and very cool still - only 46* - goes into your bones, if you know what I mean. Did you see my last post apologizing for my error in your BD? (blushing!)

Your weekend sounds great... hope you are able to join up with your long lost friends from the old neighborhood I cannot wait to see your pictures!!! You know that!

*LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
Rachel!!

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-30-2005, 01:06 PM   #82  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

SORRY RACHEL..HI to you too.

GRAPHIC GODDESS Naw, Angie doesn't mind about Brenda seeing the house completed first...my wife is a lot of things...a pain in my .... for one ...HOWEVER! she is not JEALOUS of anyone regarding me...SHE KNOWS she owns me!! OH, don't get me wrong....I try to "PUT HER IN HER PLACE!!"...but she just

And besides...It is HER house and not Brenda's...and our home here used to be Brenda's home...not anymore.

Honestly, we all have a great relationship with each other...there has not been an "issue" in over 10 years..other than maybe some jealousy or hurt feelings from Brenda when the kids pay more attention to Angie and I for whatever the reason (usually in her mind) over her. That "problem" is hers...although my son blows her off...Amanda can't...but she does understand and it is easier for her to tell her mother to "knock it off"! now. You can't just walk away from something God intended for you and not "feel" the consequences...if you give up HALF the time with your kids willingly...well, there will be a price to pay. But all-in-all, God forgives and things are better for her and her feelings...at least, I, think anyway.

Angie and I always shop together...it's a "CHEAP" date ...are you kidding me! We never get out of Costco for under $4 bills!! and those would be 100's!!!!!!!!!!!!

really gotta go...................
Old 04-30-2005, 02:29 PM   #83  

Default I survived!

E.Z.- The night actually went pretty fast, we had a meeting in the gym to start with, gave out rules and had a kid play guitar and sang a few spiritual songs. Lord I lift your name on high", "God of Wonders", "Shout to the Lord" ect. Then youth pastor challenged them to A. find Christ, B. live for Him, especially the church kids who believe but are drifting. Then we had pizza and played volleyball all night, went swimming ect. My poor arms and legs will never be the same, I feel my age, Sorry to hear your nephew is haveing problems, my sister finally resigned to putting my nephew on meds. She didn't want to, but ha does so much better, he can concentrate, and his grades show it, he used to need help motivating him to get his work done, now he does it on his own, no easy answer with something so strong. Glad to hear ds interview went well.
Welcome- Karla! let us know what your up to.
Sunny- Thanks! Love the beach Ocean City is awesome, nice 2.5 miles of boardwalk and shops, beach is clean, well maintained ect. So sorry to hear of Joe's aunt, but no greater place to be then in the arms of the LOrd. and be made new.
Virginia- Sunny is right, when we falter, we need to let it go, and go forth and do better, and not beat ourselves up
Mitchy- so glad date went well for you and Eric.
Azulfire- Thanks! We did have a blast, and these trips help them bond so they are closer than ever.
Margie- Hope your weekend goes well, event hough ya have to work, me too, going in late today so only 5:30p-12m, but 2-12 tom.
Wilma- Safety is priority, to bad ya can't find a walking partner, It is pouring here, but wished for good weather there.
Well sorry to any I missed, I going to go make lunch then soon of to work!
God Bless!
Old 04-30-2005, 06:11 PM   #84  

Smile

Okay... MARGIE B!!! I DID IT!!!!

I walked 4 miles yesterday and walked 4 miles today...
with a grand total for the month of APRIL -drum roll please-
52 MILES!
♪♪ Do you hear the band playing ♪♪

*Thank-you for giving me the push I needed!*
Hope you are having a grand day today!

Hey there Sue! Glad to hear that you survived the night! You did one better then me! I turn into a pumpkin after 10:00 anymore - I need a fairy godmother (close enough) to help me stay awake past then Not to mention... playing volleyball all night! Are you nuts! I bet you are very tired today! You continue to impress me girl!

Gary, I think it's great that you all get along so well --- so good for your health and well-being, never mind the kids

Joe & I love shopping together... wouldn't have it any other way And this way he knows where the $$ goes You are right... cheap date

*~*~*

I'm gonna go relax now and
catch up with my taped shows

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-30-2005, 06:44 PM   #85  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

EZ - glad your finally getting your home finsished. I bet you'll be happy when you move in!

Sunny -- Woo hoo! You did it! Great job!!! : What's your goal for May?

Sue -- sounds like you had a wonderful time! When is your next reatreat planned? I wish I could've been there!

Well, as far as the test went, it went spectacular! I got a 97% on it! Much better than the 70% I got last time! I have to celebrate tonight!! Well I gotta go, talk to you guys later!
Old 04-30-2005, 09:37 PM   #86  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

[B]sunny for you :0 thanks for helping me with my graphics search

I started a scrapbook for my weightloss journal, with pics of me in my ......

and i searched my craftwarehouse and i could not find any motivating encouraging uplifting stickers to decorate my pages....Does anyone have any ideas?????......stcikers that pertained to goals weightloss that type of genere

Well going to go find quotes that I could copy and use for my pages just on a search now that my artsy side is alive.....

Old 05-01-2005, 04:00 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Default hello

Hello everyone
I 'ts interesting reading what all of you are up to!
I should be sleeping but thought Id check in one last time before I move tomorrow...to a new house (without computer ) But I can still jaunt over to my friends and check..just not as frequently.....
Overdid it with the exercise yesterday so Im pretty sore today...but It'll heal(soon I hope)
My son is doing great...Thanks God....and when we move tomorrow we'll be able to Baby-proof our house better as we've been "homeless" for almost 5 weeks now.....been staying with friends...
looking forward to having privacy..but not to unpacking ALL the boxes (again!) This is our 5 move this past year...
Im tempted to just get a motorhome
Well gnight all (or gdmorning)
God Bless!
Karla
Old 05-01-2005, 01:40 PM   #88  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Sunday

HI GALS

Just got home from church with good news. Our last year's vicar ( A 3rd year seminary student that comes and apprentices for a year, with our church, before going back to school for their 4th year, then call)...he will pastor a church in Sequim, Washington starting this summer. Angie and I will be in the state, although at the other end, at that time...but a great reason to drive the half day trip to not only see our old vicar, but to visit one of my good friends that lives there...I really like the Sequim area...I know Angie will.

The Honors Banquet went well. It was a lot of fun, there were about 15 kids with presentations...poster and oral. Then a real nice dinner....spinach salad with a hot bacon dressing, rolls, rosemary chicken, long grain and wild rice stuffed tomato, broccoli, then for desert a fresh berry tart...all fancied up. During the course of the evening, between presentations, their was soft guitar music....very classy.

My daughter's honors professor spoke very highly about Amanda...one thing he really appreciated (since he is a runner...actually he placed 2nd in the Boston Marathon this year for his age group!) was her dedication to not only her academics but her tennis. He was cracking up at all the times she was in his class, huge tennis bag wrapped around her, trying to do last minute things or get last minute info. since she would be gone with the team for a
few days. He praised her for her organization and desire to do each project to the best of her ability. PROUD DAD

Oh, one more braggin' thing..he said that she was the first ever from her school recommended for the international sports physical fitness convention.

The only downer on the evening was sitting with her boyfriend for 4 hours and of course I told him so every chance I got

Her project :The Effect of Previous Back Injury on Stance Stability Measures in U.S. Naval Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewmen (SWCC) ......

we all understand that right?

I guess my step-d Lara's fundraiser went well also....all in all a good evening.

Pictures of Amanda's project....Kids being presented their Honors Medallions that they will wear on graduation....and Amanda with her professor.

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:10 PM   #89  

Hello all!!! Just a brief entry to let you know I'm alive!!! As all of you know I went to New York thennnnnnnnnn.... I went to a singles christian retreat in lake Wales Florida about two hours away from where I live in West Palm. I just got back. Trying to catch up on all the latest entries, My retreat was wonderful so many many wonderful things the Lord has revealed to me(except a husband!!...LOL) Now that I have had all my mini trips done I can really concentrate on losing these chubby wubbies. Sunny that snow is amazing. If I can figure out how to post pictures that would be great. anyway GOD BLESS ALL YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE!!!
Have a Blessed and wonderful Monday and remember that God loves you!!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 11:13 PM   #90  

Congratulations You Proud Papa!!!!!!!!! Arent Kids Awesome??!!!!
Closed Thread