Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-06-2005, 08:11 AM   #46  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

my Walking Friends...
I am sorry I missed you all yesterday, my Joe took the day off and we had a bright, warm, Beautiful day yesterday here in N.E., OH It actually went into the 70's here!! 73* to be exact We were out and about all day! My ankle is healing up nicely... lots faster then in the past... no complaints here
Thank you all so much for your concerns

W W!!! You gals are doing wonderful...
at this rate we'll all have a better, healthier & slimmer Spring and Summer this year

*~*~*

Hi Selina,Yup, I do miss seeing your picture, I VOTE to put it back too! But I do understand what you mean about seeing yourself all the time - I felt the same way When I took mine off, the gals on the other thread were telling me to put it back on, so I did

Hey there Cathy, my foot is healing fast! Thank the Lord Thanks for asking about me... Looks like you are doing great --- wow --- ab machine too! You go girl!

Hi Mel! Thanks for the welcome back... Great to see you back too!!! I wondered if we were gonna see you again So glad you came back! Easter was hard on me too --- I am not suppose to have sugar (sweets) and I indulged far too long in the goodies... so I finally got rid of it all! Cleaned house (so to speak)! And I have begun again (no sweets) and feel great! I cannot believe how fast I am healing from this sprain I did 1.5 miles yesterday and another today... nothing will keep me from getting in some exercise each day. I really want to step-it-up as soon as I am able to, maybe I can with the resistance bands I have. So your DD will be 3... sounds like a birthday party she will remember always Keep up the good work in resisting those sweets... you can do it!!!

*Welcome* dkredondo, I think that a 15 min. mile is pretty darn good! I heard that a mile in 20 min was a great pace for burning fat. I still haven't gotten there --- it takes me 25 minutes to get in a mile. You are doing really well!

Hello's to all my other walking pals... Healthy4Life, Sherri, Cristi, Ashlie, Britt, Krissy, Jazzmine, Mrs. Beasley, Amy & Cindy Gail

Have a great day everyone!!
SunnyD
<><

ApRiL MiLeS : 6.00

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:44 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning walkin buddies

We had a great big storm roll thru before 5 am this morning. It sounded like a bomb went off in our little community. Sooooooooo since it blew me out of bed I went ahead and got up and did a 30 minute 2 mile WATP express dvd.

I love getting it done first thing!!!

April Miles = 6

Last edited by cathyxxx; 04-06-2005 at 09:48 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:55 AM   #48  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Wow! Way to go Cathy! A storm would have made me roll over and hide under the covers. Good for you for getting up and doing your miles!

Yes Sherrita do tell about the Extreme Makeover DVD. Sounds interesting. I know they really work hard on the show, which I'm glad to see. Its good that they try to teach them diet and exercise instead of just the surgery way out.

Sunny I love that little Good Morning blue bird. Really brightened my morning.

I've been feeling sick this week so I haven't gotten any daily miles yet. I don't know if its just hay fever or really a cold. But I wanted to check in on you all even if I haven't gotten any miles in. Take care everyone. Hopefully I'll be up and running again soon.
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:27 AM   #49  

Well, on the DVD, they have a different workout for everyday of the week. There are 3 different sections: cardio, toning and cooldown. Within those 3 sections, it's divided again into lower body, upper body and abs. Usually you do 2 carido sections (they last about 10 minutes each) and depending on the day, one or two toning and one cooldown. The time varies everyday also. For example, the Monday workout is 46 minutes with upper body cardio, lower body cardio, upper body toning, ab toning and ab cooldown. Yesterday it was ab cardio, lower body cardio, lower body toning and lower body cooldown...it was 36 minutes. They also have crunch workouts you can choose from that are under 30 minutes if you are in a hurry. You can also customize your workout if you want and choose what sections you would like to do. Three of the ladies from the show do the exercises with the trainer. The only equipment you need is a chair and a set of light and heavy weights. I use 3 lb. and 5 lb. weights. It says it's for beginners...but on a couple of the exercises, I had to slow down because it was wearing me out! LOL I'm sore all over, but it's the good kind of sore though. As for nutritional, there just a little booklet that gives you some tips, tips all of you probably already know. Anyways, I hope I hope all of that made sense! lol

By the way, got up early and walked outside today. Did 2 miles. April miles: 14

Have a great day everybody!
Sherrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:32 PM   #50  

Hi Buddies!
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy walking day. I plan on getting in a walk this afternoon. I'm glad your ankle is doing better, SunnyD. Keep up the great work, everyone.
Healthy4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 04:22 PM   #51  

Got a 3mi. walk in this morning so that brings my April total to 15mi.
That's 1/2 way to my goal ----- yeah!!!!!

It's raining and gloomy here today so I hope you all are having a sunny spring day.
mrs.beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:28 PM   #52  

Smile

What a cute shoe there Amy! I see you went shopping today Feel better soon

Thanks Healthy4Life

15 miles Great job Mrs. Beasley! We have temps in the 70's and sunny, loving it! Suppose to rain tonight though...

Good for you, Cathy... I'm with Amy, when it storms like that all I want to do is raise the covers over my head

Sherri, 14 miles...

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-06-2005, 09:54 PM   #53  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thumbs up

Hi ladies~

Sorry this is a quickie for now, will try and post more tomorrow. Haven't done any walking since I posted last. I did however get out this past weekend and spent time doing yard work so at least I got some kind of exercise. Anyway, for now ladies i hope everyone had a great day. Take care
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:39 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning fellow walkers,

Yesterday I logged another 2 miles! It was a really good walk because it was rather windy so I could really "feel it." My calves are a little sore but it's a good sore. So far I have walked 6 miles in April, 19 to go. Today is supposed to be less windy and very sunny, perfect walking weather. You guys are doing great!

I have one question though - I'm worried I am getting bored with the same old walk and wondered how I can avoid tired of the same old walk. Any ideas?
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:40 AM   #55  

Smile

Just got my 2 miles in

*Have a Wonderful Day today Gals!*

SunnyD
<><

ApRiL MiLeS : 8.00

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-07-2005, 09:44 AM   #56  

Thumbs up

Good Morning CindyGail, What I do is bring my CD player everywhere I go --- whether it's on my T-Mill or an outdoor walk (I walk the same path too when I walk outdoors), great music really does make the time pass

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-07-2005, 10:20 AM   #57  

another walker here!
i usually get in 2-4 miles on my treadmill daily. i love exercising. keeps me sane
i am thinking about hitting the local track since it's been warmer out lately!
everyone is doing a great job with their wlaking!!
JenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:54 AM   #58  

I got another mile in this morning
Jazzmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:38 AM   #59  

Good morning, everyone. I got in a 1-mile walk yesterday afternoon and another 1-mile walk this morning. That puts me at 5 miles for April. Keep up the good work!
Healthy4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 01:59 PM   #60  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Got another mile in the other day (Tuesday)... then our walk was rudely interrupted by a blinding migraine. DH and I walked over to the dr's office (I was awaiting to hear back from some blood tests anyway). All the tests came back normal but he is still concerned with the onset of migraines, dizziness and black-outs. So he arranged for me to see a neurologist next month.

On the way home from the dr's, DH and I decided to stop off for dinner... which resulted in us taking it home. I had all of three bites of my fettuccini and couldn't eat another bite, my entire face hurt! Seriously, I've never had a migraine so bad in my life!

Yesterday I still had it... but not as bad, was far more managable than it was the night before.

Today, DH is off work early, we have an appt with our lawyer to set up our will, and then hopefully we can get out and rack up some miles. I'm feeling in need of some serious exercise! I was gonna hit the gym but after the last two days I've had, it's probably best to ease back into it.

It certainly sounds like all of you're doing awesome! Keep up the great work ladies! We'll all be fit in no time! Best wishes to all of you! Take care and have a happy and healthy day!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote