Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-25-2005, 07:26 AM   #1  
Ilene the Bean

Smile Exercise Accountability #3 - April 25-May1

Gooooood Mornin' Exercisers new thread new week !!

What's up this day, this week for everyone?

Today I am working legs ...

Back later!! TTFN
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hi there Ilene!!! Good to see you up and at em, starting all the threads. I got up SUPER early today so I could be at the gym by 4:30 AM. I doubled up back and legs. Did my first ever stiff-legged deadlifts and WHOA BABY!! I know I'm gonna feel that. I also put in 45 minutes on the elliptical at level 7.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:45 AM   #3  

After spending most of last week not working out, I finally got my act together and did about an hour of cardio each day on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I still have the stupid cold (starting to wonder if it's allergies even though I never had them before), but at least now I can function in spite of it so I'll be doing cardio again in a few minutes
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:50 AM   #4  

Tae-Bo!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 09:15 AM   #5  

New bellydancing DVDs came in the mail today so I'll most likely be doing that this morning
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:15 AM   #6  
Meg

40 minutes of cardio yesterday, no weights. 30 minutes on the crosstrainer, 30 on the bike this AM. Back scheduled for 3:00 PM.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 12:40 PM   #7  

Yesterday did my legs for 45 min as well as short cardio... I am still suffering from the cold - so today I decided that I kept from biking to work away for sush a long time due to my constant colds and running nose. Enough - took half of the box of Kleenex with me (and forgot my batch to get into womens locker at work, where all my change of clothes are) and headed for my 15 km bike ride to work. Did just fine, except had to march thru reception asking for batch to get to my stuff! In front of all the managers entering the buiding (why is it that when you need them they are nowhere to find, but when once in a while you just really don't want to see them, well...).

Have my upper body scheduled today and also bike ride home (two huge hills - usually it takes me 10 min longer to get home!)

I have only 3 weeks to get back to my goal which I reached a year ago - I decided that once in a while I HAVE to be at goal (and not a pounds heavier) - I am still not sure I will, but I am trying...

And you know what - I did not need my Kleenexes at all, and now in the office I used them all up since I arrived - probably I am allergic to work???
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:05 PM   #8  
Mel

Shoulders and cardio
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:06 PM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

Sandy -- we are probably all allergic to work ?? I know I am!

Had a great 6k run this morning with my new partner, because she's just starting I do 4:1 with her, run 4 mins, walk 1 min., and I really really like it... We ran from the gym so when we came back we did some weights... I did chest and tris... I'm not sure if it's because I ran first, I do my cardio after weights usually, but wowser I had a heck of a chest pump during this workout, it was awesome! Or maybe it's just the change of pace... Change is a very good thing ...
Old 04-26-2005, 02:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Sounds like every one is doing so well. I wasn't able to work out yesterday and I felt so bummed out about it. It really brings me down.

This morning I woke up early and did a tae bo cardio and it was so bad. I just got that tape but I dont' like it to much. I didn't even break a sweat. I'm used to step aerobics, and higher impact kick boxing at the gym. Maybe a differnt one of his tapes would be better. Plus how many tapes has he made and her still doesn't get the left right thing right.
Tikanique, which do you do tae bo tape or at the gym. if you do a tape which one and how is it?

So since that was a let down this morning, I decided to do a quick gym work out. I didnt' have a lot of time so I did 45min on the ellyptical and some stretching. I'll try and do abs and arms tomorrow.
I feel much much better though since I broke a sweat and got my heart rate up.
ttyl
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 04:24 PM   #11  

I have two of the Tae-Bo advanced 55 minute tapes and two Tae Bo Advanced Get Ripped 55 minute tapes. I do break a sweat while doing them but I log them as my low-intensity workouts and log running and the elliptical as my high-intensity.

I don't plan on buying Billy Boot Camp with the Billy Bands. Seems fun, but since I do Tae Bo super early in the morning, I can just see me getting tangled in the bands and strangling myself!

Tiki.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

I'll have to look for the TaeBo advanced tapes and get ripped, that sounds good. I love kickboxing but I think this one I have is for the lower intensity work out plus its wasn't much more than 30 minutes...
thanks
Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:51 AM   #13  

That sounds like one of the first tapes he came out with. His first set was a 30 minute basic, 30 minute advance, 8 minute quickie and an instructional tape. The newer advanced tapes last much longer.

I was up with Billy at 5:30 this AM.

Tiki
Old 04-27-2005, 01:49 PM   #14  
Meg

Default Wednesday

I got my back workout in yesterday: good ole lat pulldowns, T bar rows, DB bent over rows, Hammer hi-row, and DB pullovers. Cardio this AM - 20 on the ellliptical and 30 on the bike.

One of the gym regulars - ex-trainer, in awesome shape, about 30 - commented to me yesterday that I was looking 'solid'. Solid??? What the is that supposed to mean?? It sounds like a cement block or something ... Not real dainty and ethereal, shall we say? But he followed it up by saying he wanted to work out legs with me sometime so maybe he's looking for a 'solid' work out partner?
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:45 PM   #15  
Ilene the Bean

Meg -- I've had that 'solid' comment too, I think it's a compliment!? Welcome to my world!!

No workout for me today had a pedicure instead ... My colour was called ''Katt'', Meg, I it's a nice rose colour, not as fancy a name as your pedicure colour....