Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-28-2005, 01:25 PM   #196  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! Gotta hurry, but wanted to say thanx to Mel and Amy and everyone for your support. My DH called them back, the woman said to tell them to sign us up as any other family, with my kids as temporary. I'm going tomorrow! She knows it's discriminatory because she said until the higher ups "fix" this, we'll just waive it all. So that's great news for me and other foster parents as well!!

Oh Sherri, yes I'm like a 16 on top right now and 18/20 on bottom. Why??? LOL!!! I hate it. (But that is better than when I was beginning to burst out of my 26/28 clothes!! ) My hips and rear and belly stay the longest time when I lose. If I ever do get much smaller, I think they will still be there too! Dang it!

My brother graduates college May 14th. We are all so proud. I haven't finished yet, and my sister didn't choose to go. So he's the first and the baby! LOL. He's a music major, probably will teach. Already teaches privately and is on a new cd that has just come out, plays with a zydeco band. Not too popular up north, or even here in Houston, but in East Texas and West Louisiana, it's a bigger deal. So far so good! So I am deciding what to wear... LOL.

I am hovering around 206 or so .. TTOM is around the corner so until it's completely gone, I don't care what I weigh. I gain like 5 lbs usually. I hate that!!

Glad to see you all are doing soooooooooooo well!! Love love love it!!

Ttyl hugs!!!!
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 02:57 PM   #197  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Selina, glad to hear that everything has worked out with the Y and that you're starting up tomorrow! Good for you and your hubby for standing up for your family and other foster families! *Big ol' pat on the back*

Cindy_Gail, WTG! It's definitely all about consistency! 27.25 miles is phenom! Keep up the fantastic work!

Hoping to get some miles in myself... early on this evening. Aiming for 6 but we'll have to see.

Anyway, have a great day, ladies! Take care!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:03 AM   #198  

Hi everyone! I got in 1.5 miles yesterday. That brings me up to 15.5 for the month. Not the 25 I was aiming for, but I'll change that, hopefully, next month! I'm impressed at what you've all accomplished. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a great weekend!
Healthy4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:05 AM   #199  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Hey everyone. Well April has NOT been my month. But I'm not going to let it stop me. I'll be back around in May.

Mel-Thanks for asking about my kitty. Hes doing a lot better. Finally acting like his normal self again. I'm soo glad. I very much understand your problem with seeing yourself differently. Years ago I lost 30 pounds and I just never did feel like myself. Then I gained it all back. I'm really not sure how to tell you to deal with it. Its awesome that you got into a size 8. You're just going to have to wrap your mind around it and discover who you are now. Do some research online. I'm sure that other women have gone through what you have.

Selina-Glad the Y came to their senses. Good luck! Congrats to your brother! I'm sure his zydeco band would be a great hit out east. My mom lives in Louisiana so I know just what ya mean. Its really fun music.

Hope everyone else is doing good out there. Hopefully I will have more exercise related news to report next month. Later!
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:40 AM   #200  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Hey girls, good news... finally lost another few lbs! I've been hovering at the 143-mark since late January so to *ALMOST* break into the 130's has me jumping for joy!

I didn't manage to get all 6mi in last night, DD fell and scraped up her knee something bad so we had to hurry home. I did get 4 in though. And will do so again today.

---

Amy... SO(!) glad that Oreo is feeling better... and that's he back to acting like himself. I don't doubt that that's a huge relief for you! As for "April not being your month", well don't you worry! We all have busy times, so we totally understand. Thanks for suggesting I do some research online re: my body issues. I'll do that.

Healthy4Life... 15.5mi is GREAT! Keep up the fantastic work! You'll get there, I'm certain of it!

To all the rest of you... I hope you're all doing well, staying HAPPY and HEALTHY and all that good stuff!

Anyhow, I have to get going for now. Take care, ladies! Have a wonderful day!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 11:30 AM   #201  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Omg! Yes, Mel! You go girl! We are gonna do this! No matter how slowwwwly we do it!

I'm committed completely. I may be busy for days at a time but I'm here. I'm writing down my food every day even when I end up with 2800 cals. Yes, that happened this week. Always does when I'm PMSing.. which is no excuse. But I'm keeping the fat verrrry low.. under 40. And I'm serious tho.. I crave sugar and salt and I also can't make myself do much water.. so I end up bloating up from the salt and not enough fluids. I weighed this a.m. 206. And before my vacation and stress from the Y stuff, and all that.. I was 201.5 at the same time in the morning. (I was 200 one day at 1130 a.m. after not eating or drinking for nearly 18 hours.. so I was empty..lol.) So I say 4.5 lbs which includes all this mess and PMS, isn't so bad. I bought a watermelon at a Fiesta yesterday, was so happy! 5.00 each! uggh.. but brought it home like a new baby.. all protected carefullly..lol .. got it in the house, cut it and it's rotten!!! and no signs on the outside.. I look for signs! So I'm really mad now. Going today to look for another one somewhere else. Having them helps me eat that instead of higher cal stuff, when I want to eat all day long.

And you are right, if we stay within 5, even 10 lbs of recent weight loss, we are doing well. I have lost 80 lbs b4 and over time let it and much more creep on me.. never again.. I will monitor myself til I'm old and gray (but hopefully I can learn enough not to have to do that then). We'll see.. either way, maintaining is my ultimate goal. I just would like to hit 199 or 197 or so and keep that a while even.. then creep down to 177, and maintain. Not in a huge hurry to get all the way there. I'm happy as a lark to be where I am! LOL. It looks like my glamour shots will be taken when I'm around 177 or so.. the rate I'm going.. and that's ok.. next year I'll drop the last 20 and see if I like where I am then.

Hope everyone here is ok. Glad to see everyone who has joined us as well. How are you all doing? Meeting your goals? I can't seem to meet my water goal or my exercise one lately (which I'm currently blaming on my new pedometer, bc I'm walking as much or more than usual.. and I'm getting yet another new one today.) We have too much going on this weekend to enjoy the Y. So we are all going together this coming Friday (DH is off) and taking the tour and beginning then. Today is the circus and tomorrow is Chuck E. Cheese. We promised, so now we have to deliver!

Ok, enough rambling! LOL. I hope you all are doing great. I am determined to climb back up on my horse and run like the rest of you. I hate it when I fall. But it could be worse. I could be 277 again and barely able to walk, much less run. LOLOL!!

Cheering for you all and me!

Have a great weekend!
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:45 PM   #202  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Okay... I DID IT!!!!
I made it past 50 miles!!

I walked 4 miles yesterday and walked 4 miles today...
with a grand total for the month of APRIL -drum roll please-
52 MILES!
♪♪ Do you hear the band playing ♪♪
My original goal was 25

I got (as a gift) a water bottle from LL Bean that holds 32 oz. I love it! I know that if I drink 2 -3 of them a day I have gotten all my water in. It's such a cool looking bottle too... only $8.00.

*~*~*

Thanks for the cheer Mel... I am so very happy for you & your results !!!! I'm jealous! What are you doing to lose it! Is it the miles you've done? You have done an awesome job with the miles you have walked! I'm impressed!!! I hope to get in 60 miles next month I just wish I'd lose this weight! Nothing! I want what you are having

Amy, Thanks! I do enjoy my graphics That snow was a cloud burst off of Lake Erie... lasted about an hour and nothing stuck Now if it would just warm up here! Only in the 40's today (burrr) Now... if we could just meet in the middle -temp wise- we'd be doing great

So happy to hear that Oreo is doing so well

Your welcome Cindy Gail good job getting in the miles you did too! I am so proud of all of you gals!!! You should be of yourselves too

Selina, I just read all your posts... I am sorry you had so many problems at the Y, but am glad to hear that you have worked them all out! I'm sorry that it even had to be!!! "What were they thinkin'!" As for clothing... me too!!!! I wear a 12/14 on top and 16 or 18 (depending on the brand of clothing) on the bottom. It's can be very frustrating when shopping sometimes. You are doing wonderful!!! Just keep your eye on the prize

Healthy4Life, Great job!!! That's 15.5 miles more then nothing

Hope that everyone else is doing well!!!
I want to see you all in the MAY WALKERS when I begin the new thread

*Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 07:14 PM   #203  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Link

HI!

I just thought I'd lend a helping hand
and leave a link to the MAY WALKERS Thread

Sure do hope to see you all there

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...301#post834301

*Smiles*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:00 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone,

I just wanted to post a final for April for me which was 28.25 miles (goal was 25). I am pretty happy about that!

Thanks to all of you for your support. I couldn't have done it without you. Wishing everyone a terrific May!
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote