Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-04-2005, 01:57 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi, I'm new here and would love to join. I enjoy walking and now that spring is here I'm ready to get some serious walking in. I walked 2 miles today down my country road and my goal for April is 25 miles!
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:10 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang!

how ya'll like this time change? NOT!
man was I draggin this morning - got up late and then ran around like a chicken with my head cut off! I did get to work on time, but my hair was still wet hehe

Needless to say, I had to do my walking during lunch today. Got in 2 miles. I'm off to a slow start but I'll get it in when I can.

April Miles = 2

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:21 PM   #33  

Hi all! What a beautiful day here -- the sun is shining and it's almost 60 degrees out. We've had nice weather for the last week -- unusual around here at this time of year.

Walked 2mi. today. Mi. walked for April -- 7

I was able to get another 2mi. walk in tonight so that's 9mi. for the month.

Last edited by mrs.beasley; 04-04-2005 at 08:28 PM.
mrs.beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 06:26 PM   #34  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Way to go gals!

Hi there Amy! I did not see you before... I'm sorry! Where are your shoes, sweets Although, I do like your angel too.

WooHoo for you girl!!! Almost 5 miles I'm impressed!

I went to your link and Book-marked it - gonna check it out later on.... thanx!

Welcome CindyGail!

Hey there Cathy, I'm tired today too and took a 30 min nap... I must have needed it with this bum leg. Mrs. Beasley - good to see you back too & Soon2B--> (Selina is that you? Sorry for the poor memory... if it is you - where's your beautiful pic?) if it's not Selina, sorry for the confusion

Healthy4Life... thanks, I am having a pretty good day in spite of this bum ankle & SNOW We just got a report of the final total... drumroll please... we got 18" of snow, not 15 as I thought, but at least today has been sunny and tomorrow we are suppose to go into the 60's! Yeah!

Time to make some dinner...
Hubby is home
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-04-2005 at 06:28 PM.
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:23 PM   #35  

I did 2 miles today
Jazzmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:45 PM   #36  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi Cindy, Cathy, Mrs. B, Sunny! (yes it's me Selina.. felt weird seeing myself all the time.. u think I should put it back?), Amy, and Healthy!!

We are all doing so well! I am meeting my water goals.. after so many days not doing so.. I'm so excited! Also, I'm doing well with exercise and eating too. Haven't gone over on cals in days. Yay!

I feel huge but I'm hoping it's from TTOM. Sadly, it just started so I have a few days left. Can't wait for April 15th! We are going to Corpus! Also, I'm happy to say I am going to be joining the Y after I come back. Can't wait! I am gonna rev up my engine to burn fat. I can handle the calories and fat counting that I do, plus drinking extra water. Now I want to add to my exercise list. Machines are gonna help alot. So will someone watching my kids so I can work out on them! LOL.

Hope you all are having a good week so far~! Hugs!!!!
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:46 PM   #37  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Oh and I did 2.5 miles today.. so it's 10.5 now. Yay! I think I will surpass my goal quickly!
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:57 AM   #38  

Good almost afternoon everyone!
I got in a 3mi. walk this morning -- miles for April 12.

I can't believe how good it feels to be walking again -- can't figure out why I did get back to it sooner.

Hope you all are able to get your walking in today. Have a good rest of the day!!
mrs.beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:01 PM   #39  

Hey, wanted to welcome all our new walking buddies! Seems like everybody is off to a great start!! Go team!

Well, it's a beautiful day today so I went outside and walked. I did 2 miles. So, I'm up to 12 miles so far for the month. Yesterday, in addition to my walking, I started doing that Extreme Makeover Fitness DVD. Has anybody tried that yet? I've been at a plataeu for a while and I thought maybe this will kind of help me kick out of it. Anyways, I really enjoyed it even though it wore me out. LOL I figure I better do the Tuesday one before going to work today. I hope everybody is having a great day!!!
Sherrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:29 PM   #40  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

WOW! Everyone is off to a killer start this month! WTG ladies! I have no doubt that with this much enthusiasm and drive, we'll all meet our April goals!

Jumping in late this month, sorry about that. Easter seemed to throw me completely off track. Well, not Easter per se... more like the Easter Bunny! Bah. But I think I ate myself sick of the sweet stuff for awhile (did I actually just say that?! ), so best get headed in the right direction!

Managed to get all 35mi in for March and am aiming for the same amt. for April. Won't be until May that I really kick things up a notch. DD's 3rd birthday is on the 14th and it's her first REAL birthday party so I'm keeping busy with all the related plans. Phew... something to keep my hand outta the cookie jar.... or rather the Easter basket.

---
Sunny.... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! glad to see you're back! We've been missin' you around here, you know? You're seriously like my daily dose of happiness! Sorry to hear about your little snow-shovelling mishap... I hope you're not in too much pain! Best wishes for a VERY speedy recovery!

Cathy... I totally hear you about the time-change thing. Meh. It's a difficult thing to recover from. On the flip-side though it allows for an extra hr of daylight to get your walking in. Keep up the phenomenal work, girl!

Selina... Wow, you're doing amazing! And it definitely sounds like you're tickled pink about joining the Y this month! It's always great to change things up a little!

Amy... I'm so glad that you and your bf have been enjoying hiking together! And that you even purchased a year's pass to the parks! Good for you! You'll be in tip top shape in NO time! Keep up the fantastic work!

Sherrita... 12 miles already... wowzers! That's crazy-awesome! I hadn't heard of the Extreme Makeover Fitness dvd... but am quite intrigued. How're you liking it? What does it include? Do tell us more...!

Mrs. Beasley... You're @ 12 miles too! Man alive... that certainly is impressive! Keep it up, girl!

Health4Life, Jazzmine, Cindy_Gail... Welcome to the thread... and good work getting those miles in! I look forward to getting to know all of you better!

Anyways ladies, I really must be heading off now, but take care of yourselves and stay HAPPY and HEALTHY! Best wishes!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:33 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone,

I just finished a 2-mile walk so add that to yesterday's 2 miles = 4 miles down and 21 to go. I feel very enthused about this. Thanks for your support!
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:01 PM   #42  

Howdy, howdy, everyone! I got in a 1.66 mile walk this afternoon and probably will squeeze in another one later. This lovely spring weather we're having makes me want to walk all day!

Miles for April 3.01
Healthy4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:08 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Sheritta - can you tell us about the Extreme Makeover Fitness video - I saw it in the store and wondered what it was. I mean what is the work out like?

Mel - it's good to see ya. I wondered where you were but I knew you'd be here when you could!

SunnyD - glad you got a much needed nap! how is your foot today?

Selina - I liked seeing your beautiful pic! I vote for you to put it back!

Welcome CindyGail and all our newbies!

I did 2 miles on the during lunch and did the ab machine too!

April Miles = 4

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:13 PM   #44  

Hi,
My goal is 1200 minutes for the month and so far I have done 200 minutes.
Getting off to a good start!
Does anybody know if 15 minutes per mile is reasonable for fast walking. I'm just not sure how to measure the mile. I guess 1200 minutes = 80 miles. Have done 13 miles.
Good luck to everyone in reaching your goals --
Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 03:34 PM   #45  

Hi everyone!! I am so excited...I did 3 miles this morning...I am trying to do the 3 mile once a week, and this is 2 weeks in a row...I have tues. off, so that's when I try to get it in

So far for April I hve WATP'd for 10 miles...my goal was 30, so I am already 1/3 of the way there...may need to bump that goal up just a tad!!

I am also walking outside everyday that it's possible now that spring has arrived (hopefully to stay)
Jazzmine is offline   Reply With Quote