Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 03:48 AM   #301  

S/C/G: 195/191/125

Height: 4'11

I've tried this program off and on several times. Hoping to make this the last time! At the moment I'm warming up by just alternating 30 seconds of running with 75 seconds of walking for about two weeks, since I've been out of the habit of exercising for a while. I'm prone to shin splints if I jump into an exercise program too fast.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:15 AM   #302  
so close I can feel it!

S/C/G: 186.6/154/137

Height: 5'5"

uber~our snow if finally starting to melt. Thankfully before this last storm we got most of our snow was melted so it wasn't so bad. I'm ready for spring though! I'm ready to really get outside and run. I really want to be able to run my 5k in April without being at the back of the pack.

Morgan~You'll be ready for Week 1 soon!! Keep it up and go at a slow steady pace and you'll get there.

Lovinme~ When I run that's all I do for my exercise that day. I have a hard enough time now that they are longer runs and I don't think I'd have the energy in me to do more than that. If you are going to use it as part of a routine that day I'd consider trying it first before anything else.

Cabinwife~Yay for graduating!! How do the runs feel to you? I'm in week 9 and really struggling to even make it to 25 minutes. Are you making it the 3 miles?
Old 03-02-2010, 09:58 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 230/227.6/150

Height: 5'7"

uber - The 20 min run was a lot easier for me than the 8 min runs. It was just harder on me to start and stop I think. I know there were a couple more people here that had that same problem.

zephyr - I still struggle to make it 30 min. I'm fine until I hit the 10 min. mark and I start struggling a bit. Once I make it to the 20 min. mark, I feel a little better. I haven't tracked my miles yet, but I doubt I'm making it 3 miles at this point. I'm still running pretty slow. My speed is one thing I hope to work on before I start this one hour runner program. And Yay for you for getting to week 9! You're almost done!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinwife View Post
uber - The 20 min run was a lot easier for me than the 8 min runs. It was just harder on me to start and stop I think. I know there were a couple more people here that had that same problem.

zephyr - I still struggle to make it 30 min. I'm fine until I hit the 10 min. mark and I start struggling a bit. Once I make it to the 20 min. mark, I feel a little better. I haven't tracked my miles yet, but I doubt I'm making it 3 miles at this point. I'm still running pretty slow. My speed is one thing I hope to work on before I start this one hour runner program. And Yay for you for getting to week 9! You're almost done!
Interesting! Maybe I should just move on to the 20 minute run and see what happens. My last run was such a disaster that I've been dreading the next one, whereas before I was dreading it. But now that I think about it, I had a few other bad days and the next was always fine-- fatigue, maybe dehydration, dodging toddlers on the track, a bad play list, who knows?

cabinwife-- so awesome that you graduated! It's interesting that you feel better at the 20 minute mark. Usually when I exercise, I start to feel really terrific about 15 minutes in, but lately with the running I haven't noticed that.

Loving me-- early on, I used to lift first, but now, I only do the run.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #305  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Well I did W4D3 today and I did it first in the rest of my workout. It still felt a real struggle and doing the bike after it was much harder than usual, but I made it again so have completed week 4.
I did think though in the second 5min run that although it was really hard I didn't have quite as many aches and pains as usual and my heart rate wasn't quite as high, and I wondered if I'd have been able to keep going past the 5min mark, so maybe that's a positive sign.
I am going to move onto W5D1 on Thursday and see how I do with three 5min runs, and take it from there.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #306  

S/C/G: 197/195/145

Boy, I've really been slacking on my runs. Here I am almost 2 months in and I'm still on week three, bot because I've had to repeat but because I've not been doing it!

All that HAS to change though because I just registered for my first 5k in four weeks! I think this will really motivate me. It is a run/walk but I'd like to be able to run at least most of it

Congrats to those of you who have finished or are soooo close! I'll just have to trust you that running for 30 minutes is possible
Old 03-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #307  
Resisting the Urge

S/C/G: 282.4/Ticker/199.9

I was so excited to find this thread! I am running a 5K in June and starting the C25K program this coming monday. W1D1 here I come!! It's been about 4 years since I was an active runner so I hope I can get back into the swing of it within the 3 months I have before the race. I am also joining a 10 week running program before the race which starts in a few weeks. Woo Hoo!!

Last edited by Essa415; 03-02-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #308  
Oh buddy, it's on!

I completed W4D1 today and it was really, really hard for me but I got through it! I thought about giving up several times during the last 5 min run but I didn't. Something in me just wouldn't let me. I'm not looking forward to D2 other than getting it over with!!

When I will start to enjoy running? I want to be that person that wants to run. We'll see.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:33 PM   #309  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

W5D1 for me today. It was hard! I had a loooong break (last run was thursday) so I think that's why it was so hard. Plus I hate running on the treadmill, I get soooo hot cos there's no air blowing at me lol.

The third 5 min run was hard. I had to push myself a lot. But I feel prepared for the rest of the week, I just can't take such a massive effing break lol.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:52 PM   #310  

I am ECSTATIC tonight!!!!

I was SO DISCOURAGED after W5D2. I finished the two eight minute runs but literally felt like I was going to keel over after the second one-- so tired I had to SIT during the cool down.

So, tonight, I thought about doing it on the treadmill, which is easier for me, and I thought about plunging ahead and just trying Day 3, but I decided to repeat W5D2 on the track.

This time is was AWESOME. I got the total endorphin thing kicking in and I had no trouble completing the second run!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to move on to the 20 minute run next time. Hope it's another good day!
Old 03-03-2010, 02:57 AM   #311  
Fighting The Binges

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergirl View Post
I am ECSTATIC tonight!!!!

I was SO DISCOURAGED after W5D2. I finished the two eight minute runs but literally felt like I was going to keel over after the second one-- so tired I had to SIT during the cool down.

So, tonight, I thought about doing it on the treadmill, which is easier for me, and I thought about plunging ahead and just trying Day 3, but I decided to repeat W5D2 on the track.

This time is was AWESOME. I got the total endorphin thing kicking in and I had no trouble completing the second run!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to move on to the 20 minute run next time. Hope it's another good day!
Wow, congratulations on a great run Uber
I'm struggling at the moment with the running. I haven't had the endorphin rush from it since W3D1 and I'm worried that running just isn't for me. Each time I run now I keep waiting for it but it's not happening. I really want to love running but right now it's just plain hard work.
I'm going to try W5D1 tomorrow because I'm determined to finish the program one way or another.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #312  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving Me View Post
Wow, congratulations on a great run Uber
I'm struggling at the moment with the running. I haven't had the endorphin rush from it since W3D1 and I'm worried that running just isn't for me. Each time I run now I keep waiting for it but it's not happening. I really want to love running but right now it's just plain hard work.
I'm going to try W5D1 tomorrow because I'm determined to finish the program one way or another.
Patience Loving Me. I hadn't felt the endorphin rush in a while either-- I am so weirdly hit or miss. I've noticed this more with running than with other types of exercise. The good days are awesome but the bad days are ridiculously painful....

I think you are doing great!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #313  

S/C/G: 145/143/119

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving Me View Post
I share your pain, Loving Me...I used to love running. I still like to run but it is a struggle because I get tired really fast.
Today was my second day of W5D1 (I don't dare moving ahead while I'm not comfortable) and what really helps me is music. Not just any kind of music. Music you feel like singing along and dancing to. It is a completely different run! Today I actually forgot about time during the third run.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #314  
Fighting The Binges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catarinacat View Post
I share your pain, Loving Me...I used to love running. I still like to run but it is a struggle because I get tired really fast.
Today was my second day of W5D1 (I don't dare moving ahead while I'm not comfortable) and what really helps me is music. Not just any kind of music. Music you feel like singing along and dancing to. It is a completely different run! Today I actually forgot about time during the third run.
Yes, I think I agree with you about the music. I loved the music for the Week 3 podcast but the Week 4 music didn't do it for me at all.
I like using the podcasts because it tells me when to do each interval, but I do prefer to choose my own music.
Going to be trying W5D1 tomorrow so will see what the music is like for that one. I think maybe once I eventually get to the 20min plus runs I will go back to my own music and see if that helps.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 213/183.4/140

So my area was hit with bad weather last week, which kept me home, and then I got hit with a bad cold afterward, so what do you think I decided to do today? Even though I haven't run in a week, and I'm still getting over said cold, I think it's a great idea to just go ahead with W2D2 of C25K. And, since I haven't got my car today and therefore can't go to the gym, I decide I'll just do my run outside today. Sounds good, right?

Well, it didn't turn out so great. Getting over being sick + running on hilly terrain that I'm unused to + cold air that makes it more difficult to breathe = only being able to push myself through half of today's runs. I kept myself walking so I was still out there for the full half hour, so at least I wouldn't feel like a total failure.

In all, not a good day for me.
Closed Thread