Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 12:23 AM   #46  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Default My Total for the Week

Okay Jacksonmom here is my total for the week...drum roll, please... a whoppin 16.5. And the crowd goes WILD. RAHHHHH! YAAAAAAYYYYYY! WOOOOOO!!! Alright alright I get my head out of the clouds. I was just too excited because this is the first week that I have a check mark on each day noting that I did my walk routine. Usually I had missed a day or two in the week. But not this week.

Kina's acceptance speech: "I'd like to thank the Academy for all their support. And to all my family and friends who pushed me to give 110% each and every day. You really like me(Sally Fields commercial)!"

Okay I just thought I would make it interesting. Total for the weekgot lost in there 16.5
Way to go Walkers. Bye. Kinarina
Old 06-23-2002, 12:34 AM   #47  

WTG Kina!
You're an inspiration. My goal for next week is to walk SOME every day. Even if I don't feel like a 1.5 or 2 mile walk. I didn't walk today, but I worked in the yard a lot. A good deal of that time, I was kneeling and pulling weeds, so I think I'll just count the standing up parts. Lawn mowing, raking, digging. I did that for about 1.5 hours. It takes me 40 minutes to walk 2 miles, so I'm going to count that as 4 miles. I really was looking forward to walking in the late evening. I'm with you Heidi. I have a hard time really moving in the heat. I imagine your idea of heat is a bit different from mine, though, since you life in CA. I'm up in western WA and I begin to melt when it gets above 72 or so!
Anyway, I guess my total for the week is 9 miles. Not going to make my goal of 50 at this rate! That's because I didn't do any excersize 2 or 3 days. I'm going to drag out my stair-stepper tonight and see if I can do that for a little while. Then when I let it get too late at night to feel safe walking, I can use that and still get in some "miles".
Can't wait to see how everyone did.

Jen
238/232/140
Old 06-23-2002, 01:50 AM   #48  

Smile

Hi, I walked 3 miles today so I'm caught up! That's 8 for the week.
Old 06-23-2002, 01:44 PM   #49  

My total is 17.5. I was hoping for 20, but pretty close! Hope to get a walk in tonight. Might be going to the Fresno Zoo today. I got to get these kids out of the house! Grrrrrr!!! Driving me batty today.

Talk to ya soon!

Heidi
Old 06-23-2002, 06:44 PM   #50  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

WTG everybody. We all did great. Today looks like it is going to be a lazy day. It is so hot out here in Texas. So since I know I can get 1 mile in 10 minutes; I decided to break down my 3 miles into 3 mini workouts. I didn't count in any of my aerobic workouts with Denise Austin in my weekly tally. Well I just hope that even though I am doing my workout in mini sessions, at home, that I will still get the same improvements. I have to say even though it is a 10 min. workout I get a good sweat even standing in front of a/c.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.

Bye. Kinarina
Old 06-23-2002, 07:32 PM   #51  

Hi Ladies:

Hope all is well, we are having a heat wave up north here, so I went for a short bike ride today, 3 miles, came back and jumped in the pool, ahhhhhhhhh nice, so now it is cooling down a bit this evening and I am going to go for another bike ride when I finish this post, so my weekly total will be 20 miles for the week. Tonight I will be able to go further now that it has cooled down.

All you ladies are really adding up lots of milage, it is great. Have a good week.

I am outta here, Suzanne

Thanks for adding my milage to the list.
Old 06-24-2002, 01:14 AM   #52  

Hi
I think I need new sneakers. I have 2 pairs of old running shoes from my running days (no time for that these days with 2 kids and a traveling husband) and they are beat into running stride. When I walk my foot strikes differently and I've been having some discomfort. Time to invest I think. Does anyone have a brand/model they can recomend? I've never bought walking shoes before. Ugh I feel old.
2.5 today for a toal of 10.5
Old 06-24-2002, 01:18 AM   #53  

Well, I almost ran out of daylight, but I got in my 2 miles tonight! Good thing because I went out to dinner with my grandma for her 96th birthday and ate some things that aren't on my plan. I didn't make a pig of myself, though. Yay!
I have to say "wow!" Kina. I thought I was really moving doing a mile in 20 minutes. I guess 3 miles and hour isn't really that fast. Fast enough for me to work up a sweat, though, even though the sun was nearly down and it was a comfortable temperature.
We all deserve a pat on the back. WE DID GREAT!

Jen
238/232/140
Old 06-24-2002, 01:21 AM   #54  

Hi AppleBlossom.
I usually get Nike Air cross-trainers. Don't know why, but the minute I put them on my feet, I'm good to go. Right now my money's tight, so I'm just wearing "Payless Shoes" special deal. They're new, though, so they're O.K. for a bit. They usually break down really fast, though.

Jen
Old 06-24-2002, 02:03 AM   #55  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Yes, I can get a mile in 10 minutes because I power walk and jog. It is just 1/2 of the first lap that I use to warm up then I speed up. I didn't start at this speed. It took me awhile to work myself up. I have been power walking and jogging for about a month but daily as of June 2. I am out of breath and boy do my shins ache but I get a great workout.

I think I need new shoes as well, Appleblossom. Same here Jen, money being tight around this time. Our kids will be back in school in a couple of weeks so school clothes are a priority. I put 50 bucks into this weight challenge with my family. So there went my crazy money. Although since I have gotten into this challenge I haven't been making those extra stops at the fast food joints. Needless to say I have extra money to spend a little.

Well I thought I would check in before heading to bed. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Happy Birthday to Jen's granny. Wow 96!

bye. Kinarina
Old 06-24-2002, 09:00 AM   #56  
Long Lost Chickie

Default Today's the first day...

... of the rest of my life.

Hm, you know that is kind of a dumb saying when you think about it. Then again, I guess it makes sense. I've been really slacking when it comes to dieting and exercising lately so I've decided today I'm getting back on track. The bad news is the weekend was like any other weekend for me. Didn't get in the water I usually like to drink. Didn't seem to find the time to walk. DID, however, seem to find the time to eat eat eat!!!

The good news is that I worked the breakfast at the local VFW. I'm the "runner" which means I have to go downstairs to the kitchen to get food, refill silverwear, take dirty dishes, pans, etc., keep the cooks up to date, etc. You get the idea. Anyway, as usual, I went up and down those stairs at least 50 times each way over the course of about 5 hours. The problem is that I have absolutely no idea how to count that! Any suggestions?

Kina, let me get this straight ... You walked 16.5 miles in a week!?!?!?! That's amazing!!!! I want to be just like you!!! Usually, I'm happy if I make it a mile a day! You're really an inspiration!

Well, like at Suzanne's, we're in the middle of a heat wave here. It's tough to be outside. Good thing I've got the fan set up right next to my treadmill. Otherwise, I'd be slacking off again today.

Jacksonmom, since I just joined this challenge, can I wait until the end of the week before I post my total? I'm not quite as organized with this as I'd like to be just yet. (Yes, I'm one of those obsessive "chart/list" types. )

Thanks to everyone who welcomed me to this list. Hope to "talk" to you all again very soon.

Jo.
Old 06-24-2002, 09:31 AM   #57  

Default The list for 6/23/02

Everyone did so well. I'm PROUD of all of you! Let me know if I got any of your totals wrong.

Jacksonmom...goal 42 mi...10

Kina...goal 40 mi...16.5

Nikathalia...goal 40 mi...N/A

jen519...goal 50 mi...9

short&sassy...goal 65 mi...12.5

HeidiL...goal 80 mi...17.5

AppleBlossom...goal 48 mi...10.5

madtypist...goal 80 mi...20

jello...goal 25mi. just joined

newfiesare...goal?...N/A

stef...goal 72 mi...18

Last edited by jacksonmom; 06-25-2002 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-24-2002, 01:00 PM   #58  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Talking LOOK AT ME!!!

Hello everybody. I learned how to add my mini me pic to my posts. So now you can see my BIG smile looking right back at you. *SMACK*

Would you believe with all that I do that darn scale said I was up 2 pounds. I am getting so disgusted with this life change thing. But I am going to keep at it. I don't know what else to do. I am trying to look at it in a positive way...and assume that it is the muscle that I am gaining which is causing the scale to bump up and sooner or later it will start going down again. I don't know .

Well I have to go and dress. I am taking 3 of my 4 kids to the DR to get their immunizations for the upcoming school year.
TTYL.
Kinarina

Last edited by Kina; 06-24-2002 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-24-2002, 01:25 PM   #59  

Way to go Kina on all your exercising. You are a role model. I wish I could do as much as you. I know one day real soon maybe by the end of the challenge I will be able to. I took your cue on working out and walked 2 min. jogged 1 min. BOY I"M EXHAUSTED!! I still only improved my mile by 1 min. With all that jogging I figure it would have been more. Try not to worry about the 2 lb. gain by next week I'm sure it'll be gone. Well off to the showers.
Old 06-24-2002, 03:53 PM   #60  

Hi Ladies:

Well I've stepped up to the plate today and rode 3 miles so far today and will go out again tonight, if the rain holds off.

My scales have not gone down in a long time, however I've been riding my bike at least 20 - 25 miles a week
and have been watching my food intake, cutting down on sugar etc. the difference I have seen and felt is my clothes, they are a lot looser and I know I have lost inches, so don't get down on the scales, I should have measured myself months ago, oh well I know the exercising is wearing off those inches. gotta love that...

Have a great week ladies, walk on.

Suzanne
Closed Thread