Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 07:07 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I'm back at MFP. WW is just too expensive and I would rather save that money. Still using the WW health guidelines but will be using MFP to track.

We went out to Golden Coral today and the the food was terrible. Took one bite of the fish and it was tough so didn't eat it. Also tried some of the Chinese meat and the flavors were off, so I mostly had veggies and finished off with some of my favorite dessert. Went to their restroom before we left and it was filthy. I told DH that if we ever went back and I had the same experience that I would never go eat there again. At least I'm within m calories today.

Carol Sue are you okay?

Fatmad Maybe being busy is good right now if it keeps you from being blue. Sometimes tired is good.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:30 PM   #227  

Hi everyone

It's always a struggle isn't it. I've let my guard down a few too many times lately. My bg was showing it to...
Got that back on track today. I just wish I would stop bouncing...up a few down a few..ughh pounds that is.

Trish I watched a show on tv and it was with a health inspector, he said first things u should check is bathrooms...if they are dirty don't eat there.

Last edited by p.a.; 04-27-2016 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:14 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi guys. I'm OK. I've got some things going on, life, not health. Also my PC is not working right. Trish I wanted to read the article you posted but for some darn reason I can't open any links.

Trish and Fickle, I have tried the ACV and didn't notice that it did anything for my BS or weight. Fickle, I buy one of those little plastic lemons they sell in the produce department and squirt some lemon juice into the ACV and water. It made it go down a little easier if you want to try that.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:14 PM   #229  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi all, doing ok. A little bit sore, being so busy meant I was letting me exercises go a bit, and its showing. I borrowed a "posture-medic" from my massage therapy clinic, to see if that helps a bit. I can use it free for a month, then buy if I like it, or feel it helps my posture.
There is something similar on the internet, that has a buzz thing for biofeedback. but more expensive.
eating going better generally. I haven't felt hungry in the mornings, but if I wait too long to eat, I get nauseous. Not sure if that is also the metformin talking or not. I usually wait until I eat to take it.
Trish, there are free calorie counters, and the tracking helps keep you honest, if you don't want ww. But maybe the tracking was really helping.
It doesn't take much for me to start going over on points/calorie counts and undoing all my hard work.
Planning on gardening a lot this weekend, and finishing taxes. (my file date isn't until June 15, so its no big rush, but would be nice to be done. )
Old 04-30-2016, 08:37 AM   #230  

Carol Sue Good to see you. Sorry about the pc problems.

p.a. I told DH what the tv show said about not eating where the restrooms are dirty and we agreed that is probably a good rule of thumb. I can accept the fact that places are so busy that things get a little messy but there are also some not so acceptable situations too.

Fatmad I do believe the tracking is the key. The think I like about both MFP and ww is the tracking of exercise as well as the food. Not to just get my act together. I did subscribe to the ww magazine. They do stay on top of things with products that are diet friendly and I like the recipes. It also helps to read the success stories.

In fact, I'm reading success stories on MFP as well. I read on MFP yesterday that people seem to find it easier to stay OP when they stop trying to be perfect with their plan. It seems to help some people relax and enjoy their weight loss journey. They do not seem to have any foods they cannot have.

I am ending April with a gain instead of a loss. I just played around with this too much. I'm in this place right now where I just do not want to think about food. I hope I can use this feeling to my advantage to get back OP.

DGS is training for a summer job today. He will start to work on the 9th of May. He will move out July 1st. I hope to have this house up for sale on June 1st. Sure hope he gets his room cleaned up before then.

Well better get busy. Y'all have a nice weekend.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:23 AM   #231  

Trish, I read some things online about why I can't open links. It could be a program on my PC is blocking links, but I don't understand why it just started. One fix was recommended and it worked for me. Hold down the Ctrl key while clicking on the link overrides the program that is blocking it. It worked, but I would really like to be able to open them without that. Anyway, the link about the ACV has pros and cons and it seems that it brings only a slight inprovement. Maybe that's why I didn't feel that it worked for me. Plus, I think you are supposed to drink it before/during a meal, and I was drinking it at bedtime, looking for an improvement in Fasting Blood Sugar.

My DIL used to give me her old WW magazine. She quit getting it so I subscribed. I found this website where you can get it really cheap. I think one time I got it for $1.99/year. The only thing you have to watch for is sometimes when you're subscription expires they automatically renew it at the regular price. All you have to do then is call and cancel and they will stop it. I have ordered it cheap a couple times.

http://www.discountpress.com/magazin...affiliateid=24
Old 04-30-2016, 07:45 PM   #232  

Carol Sue I never saw much improvement drinking ACV. I do use it on my salads even when I use my Ranch dressing I add a little to the salad. I think that helps better and tastes a whole heck of a lot better. Thanks for the sight.

I got up this morning and didn't want to cook so I just made some cheese toast and a cup of coffee. I've just eat whatever I wanted today and I only ate a little over 1200 calories. MFP says if I ate this way everyday I would way 215 in 5 weeks. I'm not sure I would lose that much, but it does give me hope. So I've had one good day. Catch y'all tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:38 PM   #233  

I saw a thread on MFP discussing things that no one tells you about weight loss. Although there were some really good positive things like how good they felt when other noticed etc. I was more impressed with the more negative ones that they had noticed and thought I would share some of those that stood out to me.

I plan to keep these on hand to remind myself that these are all things that we all deal with from time to time when dieting and just might help to stay OP when we realize that these things are normal and happen to all of us.

That it can be an emotional roller-coaster. Some days you are happy with yourself and other days you get upset because you ate too much or you don't look right or you haven't lost any weight this week, etc. Learn to ride the roller-coaster and don't get off. (This is one I really need to remember.)

That it won't magically fix all your problems. In fact, some of my "problems" have come more in focus because of the time and energy I have spent on myself and not "others." (This is a good reminder that life happens. It has nothing to do with how I look.)

Some of your friends and family members will not be supportive. (I have actually experienced this before. Some of those people will even try to sabatoge us.)

Just because you lost weight doesn't mean you can go back to how you were before you were trying to lose weight. I know a few people who let themselves revert back to the old 'them', and they gained a lot of their weight back. This is a lifestyle change. It is a lifelong journey. (That one hits hard because that is why I'm still fighting this today.)
Old 05-02-2016, 10:41 AM   #234  

I'm tired of my attitude with all this. I've decided to do whatever it takes to get back on track. Going to 2 protein shakes and one good meal a day to get myself into the habit of eating less. I ate yesterday until my stomach was so sore and upset. I promised myself years ago that I would never do that again.

So I'm going to use the shakes with one meat and eat within a 10 hr IF window. My bs does great if I allow 5 hrs between meals so taking what I've learned and doing it. I know the protein and the cashew/nut milks aren't supposed to be all they are advertised to be, but if it works that is all that counts. There is a beautician at the beauty salon where I go who has used protein shakes/low carb eating and she looks great.

The plus of eating low carb is that I will not only get the diabetes under control, but I won't have to use fluid pills any more either. So I'm just choosing the best way for me at my age. I have been bless to be as healthy as I am. I'm having some problems I wasn't having until I started eating lowfat. So why do it just for lower calories. I made up my mind today that I'm not going one more month without getting my health straightened out. I know it can be done and I am determined to do it.

I am moving back home in a few months and I've decided I'm not going back weighing what I do right now. I've got my determination back so now I've just got to run with it. I want to put the house up for sale June 1st so exercise will be working on this house to get it ready to put on the market.

Y'all have a good week.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:12 PM   #235  

Hey Trish, thanks for those reminders. I agree with you eating the way it works for you. I keep telling myself I'm doing well, cuz I haven't gained anything for a year,,but honestly I feel more like a failure cuz I haven't lost much since the fall. I know why, I got comfortable with eating a few more calories, carbs, higher sodium. When I take all of that out of my meals I lose again, but can't quite get to where I was last summer, in my head.
I have a Drs appt in 2 weeks and I was hoping that would give me a kick in the pants that I need...last week was good so here's hoping! I have a little goal in my head to weigh a little less each time I see her, so far so good but I need to really track the next 2 wks.
Then keep it going all summer. I used to gain at least 10 pounds every summer till last year. I would hear people saying they loved summer for the fresh fruit and veggies , salads etc...that's true but it meant I was eating more!! And those days it was too hot to cook,,,,take out! Burgers,,,fries,,,,yeahhhh I'm determined to never get that out of control ever again.
Off to enjoy some sunshine....ttyl
Old 05-02-2016, 09:19 PM   #236  
Madeleine

Its a better week, but I agree, its easy to get off track. I haven't been successful in further weight loss, but am holding my own.
Thats good enough for now.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:41 AM   #237  

Yesterday went well because I was sick. I had indigestion all evening. The bad thing is that I had to eat crackers to settle my stomach. It is really strange when you can eat nothing and get indigestion. I've noticed that about me before. I don't think what I wanted to do is going to work so just counting calories and trying to keep them down between 1200 and 1500 cals a day. The weight I gained is coming back down very slowly but I don't mind the slow weight loss as long as I can have a weight loss.

Have a good day.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:36 AM   #238  

Hi everyone.

p.a. After I had my heart surgery in 2008 I went from 217 to 197. I was in Onederland and was happy. I joined 3FC in 2011 and haven't lost an ounce. I have bounced around 200 since then. I'm happy that I never gained back that 20 lbs, but I would like to weigh less. It just isn't happening. Now I saw that study about the Biggest Loser contestants saying that all but one of them gained their weight back over a period of 6 years. The one who didn't gain it back was a woman who did not win, but lost more slowly, and is still losing, over 6 years later. They said with the huge losses they had their metabolism slowed considerably and they require far fewer calories to maintain their loss. I feel that I am ahead of the game by losing 20 lbs that I never gained back. My body has a new set point. Can I take that set point lower? Maybe, but it hasn't happened so far. I always blame myself, but apparently it's not my fault. I don't think there's any plan out there that's better than others. It just depends on the individual. I am eating the way I eat because I like it, and I feel that it's healthy. Protein and vegetables, with occasional starchy carbs here and there. No food is eliminated, but many are limited to very small amounts, once in a while. It's not giving me any weight loss, other than a couple pounds that I bounce up and down, but I'm maintaining and I feel good. No more eating until I feel stuffed as that makes me feel miserable.

I don't know what the answer is, but I do know that I don't want to lose 60 lbs just to gain it back again. It seems that no one knows the answer to that one. The woman from Biggest Loser has a facebook page. Her name is Erinn Egbert if anyone would like to read her page.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:26 PM   #239  
Madeleine

Have been outside and gardening, which makes me a bit sore, but I am getting fresh air and exercise. True to ticker, though have been a bit up and down over the last couple of weeks, its been a while since I lost. But I seem to have "reset" my weight to that anyhow. Thats 12 pounds less that Christmas, so I will take it. I am also exercising more. Sorry if I am just restating the same things, I am trying to be positive, because I would like to be losing weight again. I'm with you in spirit Carol Sue and PA
Trish, I really think you are eating too little. 1800-2000 cal/day should keep you at your current weight, and you only need to reduce 100-200 cal/day to lose 1-2 pounds a week. I think you should eat more, (but good food) and lose slowly, while eating well. JMHO.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:53 AM   #240  

Morning everyone
It's been a rough couple of days here. I used to live in Fort McMurray and still have lots of friends there. It's now burning from wild fires. It's devastating. The city of over 80,000 is being evacuated. They left with what they could grab in 30 mins....videos are now being released . Unbelievably, as they were leaving, the fires were on either sides of their vehicles,,burning embers falling on them. This is a 'young' city,so these cars are full of young kids, babies... It's devastating. My late husbands best friend told me he lost his house....he grabbed his family, a bag of clothes and the guitar my husband gave him 2 years ago...my heart is breaking for them. They are gutted.
Please pray for this community if you do....
Closed Thread