Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 04:58 PM   #16  

Hi everyone.. nothing new going on here today.. im not even dressed and i am lounging around in my housecoat and reading a good book..my dh had a guy outing yesterday.. one of his buddies came and took him to lunch and visiting some of the guys that all retired from the same comp at the same time.. and went cruising home depot..just what he needed(and me too ) my sl levels are up a bit but i know why.. easter peeps cant resist them and i know they are pure sugar.. am glad i only got one sm pkg of 3.. they are gone now but why do we sabotage ourselves with bad choices.. i guess my will power went out the window for a moment..hope you all are having a good weekend.. monet glad your pots didnt blow up..meowee hope the kitties are getting along including mr grumpy..our house will change next week with the new puppy.. hope the golden reteaver and her get along..its going to be fun..later chickies ((((hugs))) rosey
Old 03-03-2007, 05:30 PM   #17  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

MONET . . . . . . You know better. Getting upset will only make things worse. Wish I had an answer for you, my dear. All you can do is keep putting the feet down on the pavement in the accepted order. Spring will soon be with you and you'll be able to get the pool fired up. that always seems to help you so much.

ROSEY . . . Actually sounds like you've been having lots of fun around your house. Maybe the outing will be all he needs to make him sit still for a few days. In my experience, adult animals seem to recognize the babies of any species, and will let them get away with just about anything. Just introduce them slowly because a puppy can be scarey for an older dog sometimes.

Well Mouse is slowly settling down again. He wandered around most of the day complaining bitterly about how hard done by he was. Anyway, his presence has certainly slowed 'squirrel-girl' down a little . . . but I'm sure it won't last.

Have a great evening, gang. Keep it moving and shaking.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:30 AM   #18  
creations

Just checking in. Knee is alittle better,doesn't hurt as much. I know there will always be pain there. But hopefully not as bad.
Its partly cloudy here and only 34. Will do some quilting and watch the hockey game this afternoon.
Judy S
Old 03-04-2007, 04:00 PM   #19  

Morning everyone..another beautiful sunny day here.. was having coffee this morning and watching this very fat and furry squirrel sitting in my bird feeder having a blast munching away on bird seed..nothing planned for today..got some house work done and supper is left overs..the dh is glued to the tv..am glad we have satelite as he has lots of choices..ive got several small low key chores for him.. make him feel useful and helps me out too..sl was 104 this am.. no snacking last night..hope you are all having a great weekend too ((((hugs))) rosey
Old 03-04-2007, 07:08 PM   #20  
Onward and Downward

Hi Judy . . . . . . So glad the knee is improving a little.

Hi Rosey . . . . . . Sounds like a good day up there.

Well, I'm happy to say I finally got most of my laundry done. I always seem to put it off and put it off -- you'd think I had to take the stuff down to the seaside and beat it on rocks.

Animal situation is mostly back to normal. I woke up this morning at 6 am in the middle of a growling contest between Mouse and Purrecious. Jazz just sits and watches. while the other two go crazy.

Nothing much else going on around here. Bought a couple of new books and some Kitty Litter -- talk about an exciting life.

Have a great moving and shaking evening, everybody . . . wherever and whatever you are doing, hope it is lots of fun . . . see you soon.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:22 PM   #21  

Morning everyone..am just about to leave to go shopping and wanted to see what you all where up to and here i am all by my lonesome..hope everyone has a smooth week..((((((((hugs)))))) rosey
Old 03-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #22  
Onward and Downward

Hi ROSEY . . . . . . Don't know where everybody is . . . it is certainly very, very quiet. Hope stuff picks up again soon. Believe me, I know it's not because there are suddenly no Diabetics in North America. . .

I've been busy doing what seems to be a whole lot of nothing today. Don't know where the time goes some days. Cats are doing fine. Everybody seems to be pretty much back to normal.

Got thinking about the amount of sodium in cottage cheese and decided to try the protein pancake using plain LF yogurt in place of the cottage cheese. Hey, it works fine but it seems to be missing something . . . salt; I think . . . Guess I'll stick to the veresion with CC. Maybe I'll try it using 1/2 of each.

Anyway, gang . . . we miss you all . . . please come out to play with us.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:53 PM   #23  

Cool

Hi, all. I made it through the weekend without cheating -- well, I did have a biscotti at Starbucks. Anyway, my home weighin this morning was good. 11 lbs down from last week! The problem is that when I weigh in at the clinic I am always 7-8 lbs. more than my home weighin because of clothes and also water retention during the day. It's really hard sticking to this program but I know it works. Will have to find something to do on the weekends and at night when I watch tv - which is the time I most want to eat.
Monet - that's too bad about the wheel. Maybe you can occupy your mind with planning new pots and glazes so you'll be ready when the part is fixed.
Meowee - your cats are a kick. Hopefully they'll settle down and you'll get some sleep.
Rosey - Stay away from those peeps. You might want to wait until the last minute to stock up on the dgds' easter baskets so you don't fall into temptation.
Happy Spring!
Old 03-05-2007, 04:47 PM   #24  
stbakd

www.bettycrocker.com and www.kraft.ca have a few diebetic reciepes.
glen
Old 03-05-2007, 09:51 PM   #25  

Hi everyone.. im back from shopping..my dd is remodeling her kitchen so had to cook her familys dinner at my house so she cooked for us all.. she made an asian noodle. fresh vegies and chicken stir fry..boy it was good..im all ready for the new puppy.. got out the playpen that i used for all the grkids and took out the soft mattress and have made it into a puppy palace..thats until she is house broke anyways.. also got harness and leash,dishes, toys(of course) and food and wee-wee pads..im all set now and hope shes easy to house break(just have to be consistent) and if she crys all night she will be in bed with me like all our other dogs lol..rosesetta we cruised the mall and they had lots of easter stuff but i didnt get any.. am glad the fast is going well for you..thats awsome..meowee..ill have to try those pancakes sounds intersting.. hi mr ken..and yes its quiet in here wonder where everyone is??((((hugs))) rosey
Old 03-05-2007, 11:23 PM   #26  

Hello! Hello! Sorry I have been MIA. I got up early this morning when I could not sleep and ended up in my studio working. Tonight we went to a birthday party. I did not eat any cake, because the 'cake' was a box made of chocolate! I did eat some of the chocolate! My bg was 124 just now, about 2 to 3 hours after dinner, so not too bad.

Not much going on here...we went for a walk this afternoon and took the grandbaby. He really loves going for walks. It was nice out today, though a bit breezy and a bit chillier than it was a few days ago. It does seem like spring out there though!
Old 03-06-2007, 09:07 AM   #27  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning gang . . .

OMG, I am sooooo sick of Winter. Actually, this year hasn't really been too bad, but it is getting tiresome. We are getting snow, again. The schools are closed and the radio is telling me the roads are bad. I have a pre-op apppointment at the hospital at noon. I'm thinking of cancelling but if I can't get it rescheduled pretty quickly, it will throw off my entire surgery schedule which, as you know, is pretty tight.

ROSETTA . . . Glad to hear about that nice loss, girl. Hope the weigh-in is good. Keep it going, kiddo . . . you can do this.

GLEN . . . Definitely some good recipes there, boy. How about reposting those site links in the Recipes Sticky? Let me know if you get a chance or if you'd like me to do it.

ROSEY . . . That stir-fry definitely sounds good. My puppy crate is ready, too (although my puppy is a lot further off than yours). In the meantime, it makes a good end table. The cats take turns in the little bed I was putting together. Purrecious and Jazz fit perfectly; Mouse hangs over -- must take pictures. Will have to take it apart and wash it to get rid of the cat hair when the puppy finally does arrive.

MONET . . . Good to see you, girl. We missed you, but glad to hear you are having a busy and fun time.

For some reason, my BGL readings have been a bit wonky of late although my 4.9 (88) was good this morning. Hopefully I can hold it there.

Just finished reading a new (well 2004) book by Sandra Woodruff in which she puts forward a plan that sounds very much like a cross between Sugar Busters and South Beach. I do like the way she is very matter of fact about how she describes stuff and her recipes are always good, of course. I've also got her Good Carb Cookbook and a couple of earlier low-fat cookbooks. She's a dietican and seems so much more down to earth than the doctor-types who seem to use an "I'm so smart and you're so stupid" way of explaining things. Look her up on Amazon for a full list of her stuff.

Anyway, guess I'd better go get into the shower while I ponder the weather conditions for a little bit longer. Hopefully it won't be as bad out there as I think it is.

See you later, gang. Try to keep things moving and shaking today.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:47 AM   #28  
stbakd

meowee i added betty to list i put there before
glen
Old 03-06-2007, 12:02 PM   #29  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Good morning all,,hope this finds you all having a wonderful day or at least the start of one,, my bs was 99 this morning,,have been behaving pretty good and trying my best to stay on program,,I still haven't weighted,,have a doctors appt on the 26th (3.5 hours away),,but good doctor so worth it to me,,I faultered a bit over the week-end nothing big but still made me mad at me,,,ha,,Congrats to the wt losses I saw posted,,good for you !!!! I to am getting sick of winter,,still up to my knees with snow out there,,but promises to warm up this week,,,am ready for spring ,,I love winter and snow,,but have had snow up here since Oct,,so am ready,

Well just wanted to stop by and say hi,,,have a fabulous on program,stress free day,, Hey anyone tried the new birds eye frozen veggie that you put right in the micro ?,,,I love them,,not soggy,,,I made the 60 plus mile drive to Wal-Mart over the week-end and got a few things to make my choices a little easier,,that was one,,,I hate to cook anymore with just the two of us,,,lazy I guess,,so try to make things as easy as I can so I will eat right,,,so far so good this week,,,best to all,,,,Jeanne
Old 03-06-2007, 02:11 PM   #30  

Morning everyone..another beautiful day here..i was up early again..i guess i have anatural alarm clock inside me..my sl have been staying fairly consistant but so has the weight.. at least no gain even after all the snacking i did..with the sun streaming in the windows and us getting more daylight all the dust and accumulted winter crud is showing up along with cobwebs etc.. thats means spring cleaning ugh i hate house work..maybe ill hire it done this year.. yah thats a good idea..jeanne i have tried those new steam in the microwave veigies.. is that what you are talking about? if so i do like and use them alot..meowee what kind of puppy are u getting and when.. i must have had a senior moment as i remember you talking about a puppy but couldnt gte it..im all set for ours.. sure hope she is sweet natured and easy to house break.. anyways nothing new to report here and im rambling.. have agreat day everyone and make those good choices for your selves ((((hugs)))) rosey
Closed Thread