Focused Lani: Reach 349 lbs
TheBunneh: Reach 169 lbs, No treat food except weekly treat day
Hopeful8: Reach 140 lbs
Crystalx4: Lose 1-2 lbs
ruth135: Lose 5 lbs
starbrite: Onederland
missymckibben: No sugary sodas
theresia: Reach 140 lbs
Ms Perception: Reach & maintain 141 lbs, Log food and calories, Read diet/health book
Demona: Lose 10 lbs
susiemartin: Daily check-in and weigh-in, Reach 225 lbs
wheresanita: Lose 5 lbs
Bobbolink: Lose 4 lbs
shoeless: Lose 10 lbs
Sea: Lose 6 lbs, Drink at least 64-80 oz water daily
VickieLou: Lose 11 lbs
onebyone: Lose 8 lbs
carvedmarmalade: Reach 210 lbs
TERAPET: Reach 135 lbs
LouisaH: Reach 147 lbs
2beautiful2Bfat: Reach 225 lbs
slimlizzie2: Reach 167 lbs
bama girl: Reach the 120's
ja2ma6lee: Reach 155 lbs
staybeautiful: Lose 5 lbs

Last edited by Ms Perception; 12-16-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #152  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

LouisaH, I hear ya on the time warp thing! For example, I did not realize I hadn't been on here in a week. Holy cow! Where does the time go!?!

Bobbi-Sorry for the delay in responding to your questions. I did a few things during my initial weight loss. I did the first bit on my own, just instinctively eating less and moving more. Then I rewarded myself by joinging Weight Watchers which helped keep me accountable and motivated to be consistant. I hit a standstill and decided to stop tracking points and go back to eating instinctively, all the while increasing activity. Then I ended up couting calories. I continued to do this until I reached goal, but I remained active at Weight Watchers and am now "lifetime member". That was last January (2010). We moved the end of that month and my weight crept up. I got it back under control in April, but then went on a cruise in June and it has been up since. So, now I have 16 pound to relose AGAIN. Calorie counting and consistent exercise are my keys to success...I just fail to do them sometimes!

Well, lots has been going on since last week. Went to IL for a family Christmas...indulged and went up a few pounds, but they're gone now. So far this week I've done okay, but the sweet tooth has plagued me. My quick fix is a few semi-sweet chocolate chips. I get the sweet taste without going overboard.
Also, I got a call yeterday to come in for an interview tomorrow. This would be my first job since I stopped working to be a full-time mom 7 years ago. I'm a little unsure how it will go, but I'm good with however it turns out. If I'm meant to work there, the good Lord will make it happen. I was a little surprised to get an interview in the first place. It's part-time and they said the hours could be flexible. I guess my main priority is that it doesn't interfer with family time, so we'll see exactly how many hours they want and all that good stuff tomorrow. Now the really hard part...picking out my outift for the interview!!!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 12-16-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #153  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

December Challenge: Lose 4 pounds (beginning wt. 132)
1. Post my daily calories
2. Post my weight daily
3. 40 grams or more fiber
Nov 30th calories 1,035 ...weight 132 fiber 41 grams
Dec 1st calories 277 weight 131...grams 18 fiber(sick in bed)
Dec 2nd calories 1087 weight 129 fiber grams 38
Dec 3rd calories 876 weight 128.5 fiber grams 40
Dec 4th calories 1116 weight 128.5 fiber grams 44
Dec 5th Sunday's I don't count calories 0000 weight 128
Dec 6th calories 1029 weight 128 fiber grams 42
Dec 7th calories 883 weight 128 fiber grams 46
Dec 8th calories 1180 weight 127.5 fiber grams43
Dec 9th calories 984 weight 128 fiber grams 43
Dec 10th calories 00 weight 127.5 fiber grams 00
Dec 11th calories 00 weight 128 fiber grams 00
Dec 12th......Sunday, do not count calories
Dec 13th calories 838 weight 128 fiber grams 46
Dec 14th calories 00 weight 128 fiber grams 0
Dec 15th calories ? weight 127.5 fiber grams ?(didn't count calories, buffet party at MIL's nursing home. I wasn't careful either because it was a Christmas party and I earned the right to pig out!)
Dec 16th calories 00 weight 127.5 fiber grams 00(couldn't track calories today but my weight is still good)
Dec 17th calories 00 weight 127.5 fiber grams 00
Gab section: MS Percept...We've all lost only to gain it back, at least you got back on the wagon before it all came back...good for you. I like counting calories the best because I can't possible gain if I keep at 1200 or less calories, no matter what I eat. I have already planned on eating whatever I want for our next two Christmas parties. The trick is to go right back to counting calories the next day. I think eating the chocolate chips is a good tip, especially if you measure them out and then only put one in your mouth at a time and having this rule, no chewing! It has to melt in your mouth, they would take a long time to eat that way. I've done that very thing before, it works great!
Congrats Bunneh on reaching your goal, congrats to Crystal too!
I like weighing daily too, keeps me on track.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 12-17-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #154  
lizzie

S/C/G: 185/177/147

Height: 5'5

Quote:
slimlizzie2 - I know how annoying it is even fleetingly to see the lower number! You'll see it again soon though - it's probably just a blip! Do you weigh everyday? I find that I feel more in control if I weigh everyday. I know about my fluctuations and I find it really interesting discovering what changes the numbers on the scale! I have only 1 'official' weigh in day, though - Tuesday. That's when I enter my weight on my list and update my ticker.

shoeless
I also feel more in control weighing everyday..and yes so far it was just a blip! My weigh day is Sunday ..with the Holidays it is hard to keep on track
slimlizzie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:19 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 199/ticker/132

Height: 5'1"

Daily check in
Dec 8 - w: 190lbs cals: 1314
Dec 9 - w: 189lbs cals: 1423
Dec 10 - w: 189lbs cals: 1614 (oops!)
Dec 11 - w: 188lbs
Dec 12 / 13 - away
Dec 14 - w: 186lbs!!! cals: 1369
Dec 15 - w: 188lbs cals: 1514
Dec 16 - w: 188lbs cals: 1446
Dec 17 - w: 187lbs cals: no idea. whoops.
Dec 18 - w: 186lbs cals:

X

Last edited by shoeless; 12-18-2010 at 05:18 AM.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:56 PM   #156  
Back at it...again!

Bobbi-I used to have that rule with peanut M&Ms. I would never chew them until I got to the peanut. I still do that most times because it does slow me down and allows me to enjoy it more. Yum!

Well, I got to my low weight for the month today 144.4. We're eating out tonight and I don't even know where, so we'll see how that goes. Otherwise I have holiday "events" sprinkled throughout next week to keep me on my toes, not to mention holiday baking this weekend. I do cookie plates for the kids' teachers, the school office (DH works there) and the mailman and stuff. Anyway, my December goal is still within reach as of today...so here's to self- and portion-control!! LOL
I'm off to that interview. By the way, picking out the outfit was harder than I thought! Apparently, I had cleaned out all my "bigger" clothes when I got down to goal and so I don't look real hot in many of my work-place appropriate dress clothes. More incentive to get these last pounds back off. It was a real eye opener last night!!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 12-17-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #157  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

MsP: How'd the interview go? Sorry about the work clothes being harder that it should have been--that is good motivation.

I shopped yesterday and actually fit in a size 6 pair of pants (what?) They were definitely too small, but size 8 is pretty exciting! I have a couple of tops that feel just a bit too tight--not how I'm used to wearing my clothes--so that's my motivation to get the last of this off (it's not working yet...).

I'm just happy knowing that I am eating so much healthier, and consciously, with intention, throughout this holiday season, so I won't get out of control. That will make it so much easier to get back to biz in January, and I'm proud of all of us for being here to stay accountable and support one another. Go us!

I went to a party on Thursday night and ate creamy pastas. There were three types, and a big Italian style salad with cheese and fairly heavily dressed. I was hungry and ate too much. I've also had a really bad visit from Tom this week, so I'm feeling bloated and laden. I'm at 150.8 this morning, and have two parties tonight. The first one is at someone's house who has lost weight and gotten healthy, so hopefully there will be some good food choices. The second one is with foodies, and that could be a big disaster. Plus, just add alcohol and my will-power goes out the window. Wish me luck!
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:00 PM   #158  
Back at it...again!

The interview went well, but they were honest with me and let me know they had 3 other people come in for interviews already and that it was going to be a really difficult decision. So, either it was their way of blowing me off (..though I doubt it since they kept there for an hour and a half chit chatting with me) or they really did have some other good candidates. Anyway, it's more hours than I was planning but the pay is good. Either way, it was an excellent reminder to get it together on the weightloss front!

We ended u having pizza last night, but kept it reasonable and kept my weight exactly the same this morning, so I'm pretty ahppy with that. Oh crap, I just realized I need to get in some exercise. Catch you all later. Love to hear what everyone's holiday plans are and strategies for success. Have a healthy weekend!!
Old 12-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone,

It has been a busy week. I hoped to be here more often but the additional duties for the holidays is pretty much eating up my time. Speaking of eating up, I had a terrible week. I so hope I am over it. I just could not stop thinking about food and I kept buying things and putting it away for later. So of course in a moment of weakness, I ate a bunch of it! Actually more than one moment. Ugh. I am pretty unhappy with myself. I think I might know why I am doing it though. I miss my old way of eating-especially now. I want overeat and overdrink and there are so many goodies out there and it is Christmas for gosh sakes! However, I don't want the scale to move up. Which it has of course. Oh well. I ate relatively low calorie yesterday (easy since I stuffed myself on Friday night) and I feel a bit more in control today. I have decided not to make cookies this year because I just know I will eat way too many and definitely gain more weight. I bought a pair of jeans last night on sale but they did not have my size so I had to buy a size smaller. I can wear them but they are tight! I think I will keep them as an incentive to not overeat.

LouisaH-I am impressed how you can eat such pretty awesome food and stay slim. Is it portion control? Do you save calories for special events? Do you burn a lot of calories working or exercising so you can eat more? Hope you don't mind me asking.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:17 AM   #160  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Well chicklets it's been forever since I checked in. I had to take a short notice trip to Italy for work. I've been so freaked out, two very long plane trips, fabulous Italian food, and no scales I got back 2 days ago and I'm happy to report that this morning I cleared a huge hurdle in my weight loss. I broke the 60lb loss marker I've been hovering between a loss of 55-58lbs for the last several months and I no longer have to stress about that.

I won't get to my December weight loss but I don't even care. I'm just so happy that I was able to control myself while in Italy, move past a very large weight loss hurdle, and finally after all these months I get to change the chick in my avatar!

Hopefully everyone is getting ready for a wonderful holiday with all of your loved ones. Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by Hopeful8; 12-20-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:56 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 169/144/135

I had a horrible weekend visiting my parents. It started friday at my work christmas party where I indulged in too much sugar. I went home after work with a stomach ache and slept till 11 then picked my bf up at the train station. I ended up having soup and crackers when we got back. Then Saturday I wanted an iced tea from D&D which came with a free donut that I obviously didn't pass up. I hate their bagels so we stopped at the bagel place down the road where I got a honey wheat bagel with butter. My family christmas party started at 4 (which in my head meant dinner was at 4). I didn't read the small print and dinner was at 6. I was running around in the morning looking at condo's to buy with my friend and didn't have lunch so I picked on junk food till dinner was served. Needless to say, I still was suffering from a pretty bad stomach ache. Sunday I had a sensible breakfast (except for the chocolate donut) and then a christmas lunch at my gf's. That would of been fine except for the chocolate cake for dessert. I slept most of Sunday cause my stomach felt bad and I was also feeling depressed. Before I left my parents, my mom commented "That coat doesn't really do anything for you." Since I slept through dinner I decided to top the weekend off with BK for dinner.

I stepped on the scale this morning and it is starting to creep back up. I think its that TOM so I'm pretty depressed and really wanna just spend the rest of the week in bed till christmas. Unfortunately, I'll be going back out to my parents for the holidays.
ja2ma6lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #162  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Happy Monday? Aha ha ha ha. Those two parties on Saturday kicked my butt. The first one, with the person who I thought had a grasp on healthy food had nothing healthy to eat at all! Not a vegetable to be found, except olives, and whatever was on the three-foot sub sandwiches. I did okay there, but was hungry when we left and ate too much fabulous cheese and yummy not-low-cal stuff at the next party. I've been at 153.2 for the past two days, way higher than I want to be. But I've done well the past two days, so I'm hoping it comes back down soon.

TOM has been here a week and I am OVER IT. WTF? Get the **** out.

TERAPET: I am totally with you on the desire to just eat and drink and enjoy the holidays. I balance the pretty awesome food I eat with lots of fresh vegetables in large portions and small portions of the high cal stuff. I am a Slow Foodie, and hate diet food, so I choose to enjoy the real stuff, which I find far more satisfying in smaller quantities. For instance, if there is a bowl of peanut M&Ms, I could eat the whole thing and never get my fill, but if I get high end stuff that is rich and super delicious, a little bit will satisfy me. I also exercise like a madwoman to make up for the calories.

Hopeful8: Yay! I love Italy. I go every couple of years and find that I always lose weight when I'm there because we walk everywhere. Congratulations on 60 pounds--what an awesome accomplishment, and a great present to yourself!

MsP: When do you find out about the job?

Hope you all have gotten the shopping done so you can have a relaxing, no stress holiday. Remember that stress is often a trigger to emotional eating. Drink a big glass of water before approaching any food tables. If you aren't peeing every half hour, you aren't drinking enough water, I always say. lol.

Last edited by LouisaH; 12-20-2010 at 05:07 PM.
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:20 AM   #163  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

December Challenge: Lose 4 pounds (beginning wt. 132)
1. Post my daily calories

2. Post my weight daily
3. 40 grams or more fiber
Nov 30th calories 1,035 ...weight 132 fiber 41 grams
Dec 1st calories 277 weight 131...grams 18 fiber(sick in bed)
Dec 2nd calories 1087 weight 129 fiber grams 38
Dec 3rd calories 876 weight 128.5 fiber grams 40
Dec 4th calories 1116 weight 128.5 fiber grams 44
Dec 5th Sunday's I don't count calories 0000 weight 128
Dec 6th calories 1029 weight 128 fiber grams 42
Dec 7th calories 883 weight 128 fiber grams 46
Dec 8th calories 1180 weight 127.5 fiber grams43
Dec 9th calories 984 weight 128 fiber grams 43
Dec 10th calories 00 weight 127.5 fiber grams 00
Dec 11th calories 00 weight 128 fiber grams 00
Dec 12th......Sunday, do not count calories
Dec 13th calories 838 weight 128 fiber grams 46
Dec 14th calories 00 weight 128 fiber grams 0
Dec 15th calories ? weight 127.5 fiber grams ?(didn't count calories, buffet party at MIL's nursing home. I wasn't careful either because it was a Christmas party and I earned the right to pig out!)
Dec 16th calories 00 weight 127.5 fiber grams 00(couldn't track calories today but my weight is still good)
Dec 17th calories 00 weight 127.5 fiber grams 00

I've been MIA for the last 3 days, didn't weigh myself and too busy to count calories. This morning I was pleasantly surprised that my weight stayed the same.
Dec 21st calories 00 weight 127.5 fiber grams 00
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #164  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Good afternoon ladies, hopefully everyone is having a fantastic OP day. I forgot to weigh this morning (I've had that problem lately). Just got back from the gym and it was an awesome visit, a 30 minute abs class then 30 mins of cardio then a 60 min body pump class---I feel awesome!!!!! Anyway just wanted to do a quick check-in.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:13 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 169/144/135

Hopeful - that is an awesome gym work out. I was just looking at your stats which gives me hope that I can do what you are doing. Keep up the good work.

Today is another work holiday party. I didn't have a healthy dinner and just had a bagel w/ butter. I have my fruit to eat which I'm going to start picking on so hopefully I have less room in my stomach come party time.
ja2ma6lee is offline   Reply With Quote