Old 04-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

momof - sounds like you did well with your eating today - nice job!

I haven't had dinner yet and just got back from an evening 3 mile walk with my buddy so got my miles in. Can't decide what to have for dinner - something really quick though! Maybe eating this late will help me turn this evening munchy thing around.

G'night all!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

So maddiesmom got me wondering about comparing pics to see progress so I looked through some old photos and came up with these.

The first pic was Summer 07(I look swollen, right?) and the second was last month

Got 5 miles in today, 8 for the week.
Sandy-sounds like a good birthday relaxing. You share a birthday with my cousin.
Dance-I havent tried Spanx or anything like it, but have been thinking about getting one. I get that way too with notmaking good choices sometimes and just have to realize that is getting me nowhere, so I usually make a run to the grocery store and get lots of healthy stuff, it is hard when my hubby keeps snacks in the house all the time. My downfall has been Nerds lately.

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 04-12-2010 at 11:23 PM.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:17 PM   #48  

wow! you are gorgeous in both shots but what an amazing difference!!!! you have a lot to be proud of!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:50 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 200/seeticker/130

great pics, you look great, you are doing an awsome job!!!
there are not too many pics of me, i hate having my pic taken, my husband hates that cuz he want to have pics of me and the girls around. i will have to change that soon.

did not exercise last night, i know i have no motivation to get it done at night, but that's the only time i have. weather is getting nicer i will have to try and get a quick walk in with the girls when i get home from work and before i make supper and get them to bed.
i really want a treadmill, but of course don't have the money for it. i dont' like my elliptical anymore, but should push myself to get on it till i can get a treadmill. we'll see.............
momof2kz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:02 AM   #50  

momof - Most of us are/were a bit photo-shy too but it's crazy motivational to have some comparison photos. If you can get yourself to do it, take a front, side and back view of what you look like right now (you don't have to show anyone but yourself) and then take a new set every few months or so. Some of the folks around here (including Burgundy, I think, for a while) have done that and when they put all the photos together when they're towards the end of their losing streak, it's pretty amazing. Also, when the scale isn't budging (as happens to most of us eventually at some point), looking back on photographic evidence of your progress can be one of the things that keeps you going. ETA - forgot to mention - an elliptical is a great way to get started with an exercise program as running on a treadmill is harder on your body, especially in the early stages of weight loss. But I hear you on prefering a treadmill. I own an elliptical which I bought because running can give me shinsplints and I thought I needed something shinsplint proof. I recently traded for an elliptical temporarily with a buddy who needed my equipment to rehabilitate her knee. I haven't used her treadmill hardly at all since I much prefer running outside. Part of the problem was that my exercise room wasn't exactly inviting until just in the last two weeks so I'm curious to see if I use it on bad weather days. We'll see. Anyway, you might consider seeing if someone is willing to swap their treadmill for your elliptical via craigslist as I imagine there are others like my friend with the bum knee who would be up for it. Just a thought...

I was good foodwise yesterday and all of that water weight from this weekend came right back off (three pounds worth between yesterday morning and this morning, crazy!) - now I'm back to normal and need to start making progress!

Plan today:
B: soft boiled eggs, blueberries
L: chicken, leftover asparagus, tomatoes
Snack - mango
D: lean steak, sauteed spinach, mushrooms, green beans
dessert - strawberries

So nice to see more great fruit in the grocery store as we get further into spring - can't wait for nectarines and raspberries - those are my absolute favorites. What are you guys enjoying right now that's in season? We've had just tons of baby asparagus lately and it seems like strawberries and blackberries have been on major sales every time I'm in the store. Yum!

I'm planning on a run today - anyone want to join me for 3 miles? I forgot to pick up new headphones for my ipod (to replace the ones that are dying) so it could be a difficult run to make myself do - can't stand running without music.

Off to make some coffee and get the day going - hope you all are doing well.

Last edited by dancerindenver; 04-13-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #51  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Hello Girls,

Need to get ready for work, have errands to run beforehand so have to leave early. Ugh, I hate that!

Wow Tiff looks great. I wonder why she is on another thread? Hmmm. I did notice Lindy and AJ are also on diets per their FB chatting. Oh well, atleast we four have stayed together.

Burgund you look wonderful and can definitely see a healthier you. Huge difference in your two pictures! Way to go!

Momo, sorry for the delay in saying hi. Hi! I agree that you should up your calories. You need to eat to loose. I know it sounds strange, but it's the truth. Welcome to our group!

Well yesterday I didn't get my workout in, I was just lazy. Today I was going to ride the bike, but I have to leave early. I know, excuses......excuses. My food as usual has been good, just need to move more.

Well I need to go. Hello to you Dance, Maddiesmom and Neesy. I will write more tomorrow..
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:31 AM   #52  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Sandy: You deserve a lazy day, it's your birthday afterall. Sorry work is keeping you so busy...hope you can get on your bike again soon! So exciting about your birthday gift from Bubba, you'll have to take pictures once it's in place to show us.

Burgundy: WOW! What a difference! You look fabulous! Can't believe how much we have all changed in the past year. It's hard to be good when the hubby has snacks in the house...mine is the same way. Is there any way you could switch him to baked chips? My hubby hated the idea of them, but now loves the Baked Doritos and Baked Lays. They are really good. Plus, I got him off of bread, which is amazing. He has the Arnold flatbreads that are only 1 WW point. ANything you could do with Chris that would be similar?

Momof I know it's really hard to get motivated to work out...trust me, we have all been there. I know that once you get going, you'll actually like working out and may even miss it on days that you can't go. It took me awhile to get there, but thanks to my trainer, I've grown used to working out 6 days a week. It doesn't have to be a big huge workout where you're drenched in sweat, but even lifting light weights and doing crunches can go a long way.

Dance: I would totally be with you for miles today, but I have my first ARP treatment today at 12:00. Mr. Hott says that it can be pretty painful, but I'll be really sore afterwards. It makes your muscles contract up to 500 times a second. So, I may be too sore to do anything for a couple of days.

I tell you, I have THE BEST trainer in the world. I told him my fear of pain with the ARP treatment, and he has addressed all my concerns. He told me to make the appointment with the chiro at the gym, and he said that he would guarantee that he would be there for my treatment. I don't know many trainers who would do that. He's basically giving up his lunch hour to be there for me, which is great. This way, he can see what muscles I need to work on, so he can make sure that I'm not hurting myself.

Anyways, back to work. I'll check in after lunch to let you know how it goes!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #53  

aargh - lost another post by accident!

maddiesmom - hope it's not too uncomfortable but how great that you have your trainer helping you through it. Sounds like he is really a wonderful friend.

Am off to pick up a healthy lunch....
Old 04-13-2010, 03:12 PM   #54  
aka Vicky

Ok, so I am back from treatment. Today wasn't actually a treatment, it was more a mapping of where my issues are. I found that it's not just my back that is in pain (there may be underlying issues that are causing my back pain). So, there are "hot spots" in my knees, my back and my shoulders, so this could all be caused by my knee issue rather than my back. Parts of it were painful, on a scale of 1-10, it was an 8-9.

So, Mr. Hott came to my appointment and he left right after, so he came specifically to see me through the treatment. Such a great guy. Now, I start the official treatment tomorrow and he'll be there for those as well. He's in the process of being trained to do the ARP treatment, so he'll be working with me one on one. I really feel (like Dance said) that's he's more of a friend than a trainer.

So, the down side of this treatment? The price!!! $550 for 10 sessions (which last from 15-30 min). But, I'm doing this in place of physical therapy, at least for a few weeks, then it's back to training. In the long run, this is beneficial for me because if I continue the way I'm going, I'm going to have to continue with the steriod injections, etc. because I'm not treating the muscle.

Dance: What's for lunch? I think I have a tapeworm...I'm so hungry all the time.

B: special K protein drink
S: almonds
L: Chicken & artichoke panini (Lean cuisine) with carrots and a banana
S: Cutie and special K protien bar and more almonds!

Plus I'm STILL starving. Not sure what's going on with me. Any ideas???
Old 04-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 200/seeticker/130

thanks guys, i will up my calories to 1500 and see how that goes,
today i blew it, my supervisor owed me lunch since last month, he finally bought me lunch today but ordered pizza, i had to 2 slices and 2 bread sticks, put it in my calorie counter and WOW 980 calories, so not sure what to do for dinner, i am at 1786 for the day with snack and breakfast
maybe just an egg white omlett. we'll see.
the elliptical works good, but my legs get so tired on there so quick, i can usually do treadmill for longer with no problems
i'll have to get on it tho
i am home from work early today so taking the girls and dog for a walk.
have a good night ladies
momof2kz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:56 PM   #56  

maddiesmom - hmmm... pain takes a lot of energy so that may be part of what's going on with your appetite. Can you eat something with tons of fiber to make you feel more full? Maybe a bowl of strawberries? Who knows why hunger works the way it does...

momof-those calorie counts sneak up on you when you're eating out, don't they? I almost stopped going to restaurants completely for the first few months of my weight loss project.

Doing okay so far but haven't gotten my run in. Like maddiesmom, I'm starved right now but am going to eat a bunch of blueberries and then see if I can get motivated to run. My blood sugar is definitely too low to go right now.

ETA- woohoo! finally down a pound - that plateau is toast! I didn't end up running last night - decided to give my minor shinsplints from the hike another day to heal.

Last edited by dancerindenver; 04-14-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:49 AM   #57  
aka Vicky

Quiet board again...

Last night was ok for me. I snacked on some Reese's bp mini eggs from Easter. But, I had a Lean Cuisine for dinner and then some Baked Lays for a snack. I'm telling you, I must have a tape worm or something, I've been an eating machine lately. I wonder if it has anything to do with me NOT working out. It's been a week due to illness, etc. I have the ARP treatment today, so Mr. Hott says that it will feel like I've worked out, so I may just be doing abs and arms tonight...not sure.

Ok, so here's food today:
B: Special K protein shake
S: almonds
L: Lean cuisine panini with carrots
S: Cuties / banana
D: grilled chicken with veggies...but someone I have to consume 50 grams of protein and over 100 oz of water after my ARP treatment. Not sure how I'll manage that, but it's a strict diet, so I have to try.

Dance: CONGRATS ON THE POUND! I knew you could do it!

What is everyone else up to today?

Last edited by MaddiesMom; 04-14-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:23 AM   #58  

maddiesmom - that's tricky, I hope you figure out what's going on with your appetite. Looking at your food choices, all I can think of is maybe adding some filling whole grains? Looking forward to hearing more about your treatment tonight!

Food plan today:
B: blackberries with lf yogurt
L: tuna subway
D: (postponed from the other night) lean steak, sauteed spinach, sauteed mushrooms
Dessert - strawberries

Well, after a couple of weeks of pushing it as far as having too many treats, etc. I have had two perfectly on plan days on the lower end of my calorie range and that's why I'm finally seeing progress. I wasn't sure if I could still be disciplined so it's nice to see that my long-ish maintenance break hasn't made it impossible for me to lose. I'm going to try to ride this wave for the rest of the week with maybe a small treat on Saturday night. I'm traveling all next week and while I'm better when I'm on the road these days, it's still a challenge for me to find healthy options.

I've been thinking that it's been almost a year (end of May) since I joined 3fc and you gals. What do you guys think are the most important things you've learned in this process?
Old 04-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #59  
aka Vicky

Dance: Good question. I think that I've learned that you can't do it alone. I really don't think I would have made it this far without all of you helping me, especially in the early days. I would procrastinate going to work out but would go because I was accountable to all of you!

I've also learned that I'm strong enough to do this...I would have never imagined I would lose 65 pounds. That's still kind of amazing to me. I had no willpower before I met you all, but now I'm determined to make a lifelong change, for myself and my family.

Dance: Good job on the POP! I'm really going to need to buckle down and do some heavy evaluating of my food choices. I know I'm still having too much sodium in my diet, but I'm findng it hard to make fresh food for lunch, especially with my evenings and mornings being so hectic with the baby. I guess i have to find time!

Last edited by MaddiesMom; 04-14-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Hey ladies, I only have a few minutes. Gotta go pick up one of the boys and take him home and get ready for bed. Took the kids(niece and nephews) to a cultural museum today. They are homeschooled, so it was a "field trip". They had a waterworks exhibit going on, so it was fun. I was still up a lb this morning, but I'm not worrying about it, it will come off. Dance, congrats on getting over the plateau, they always suck. Maddiesmom, how are you feeling after your treatments?? Momof2, did you up your calories today?

I have to eat some dinner and head out. Hope you all have wonderful evening. I'll try to check in tomorrow evening before I head back over to the boys house.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote