Old 05-30-2009, 03:44 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies! This is probably going to be my one and only post today. I have a huge day of work ahead of me.
I ate on plan at dinner last night, but probably more in quantity then I would have at home. The scale didn't seem to care this AM though. I made sure I got all my H2O in too. But no exercise

Supa~ Happy Birthday Breawna! Jodi, sorry you weren't feeling well this week. Hope you feel better soon!

Newshiny~ Sorry I missed your post yesterday, we must have been typing at the same time. Wahoo on getting into the size 12's!!!! That is what it's all about! I haven't dropped sizes yet (this time around) but I did get one of those "hey you look like you are losing weight comments" yesterday and that felt pretty great.

Have a fantastic, amazing and wonderful day! Take care of yourselves this weekend!
lene1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:28 AM   #152  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Good Morning Ladies

Lene ~ Try to enjoy yourself at work and way to go on staying OP and getting all that water in. That scale will see movement the way you are going strong.

SupaChix ~ Good for you getting all that walking in and tell Brea we are proud of her and happy belated birthday to her as well. for her dropping that pound. I do hope you get to feeling better soon.

As for me, this morning I'm now UBER sore. I think I have that DOMS or whatever it's called. I can barely move. But I'll be danged if I'm gonna let that stop me from going to the zoo today. My legs are fine, so if I have to walk around all day like a robot....then so be it. At least someone can have a good chuckle at my expense

So I was looking into Elipticals and I think that will be my Christmas present to myself this year. Ya! I figure by December I will be VERY close to goal weight, and the Eliptical will be something I can use during maintence that will be very effective. For those of you that own them...any specific brand recommendations?

Let's see, I don't think I'll get my cardio in today. I think I'll wait until I get home and tally calories burned and the minutes from walking at the zoo as my exercise for the day. I actually purchased a pair of shorts to wear to the zoo and they didn't fit. My grandmother looked at me and said, well take em' back. What? Take em' back? NO WAY! It wont be no time before I can fit into those bad boys, they are staying riiiiiiiiiigh here.

So I guess that's about it. But now I'm looking at any empty, quiet house and eyeing my treadmill..should I? or shouldn't I? Hmmm, the dilemmas we face. I don't know, maybe...after all I am just using my legs and I don't "have" to swing my arms....hmmmmm! We shall see! Well you ladies have the BEST day ever and I'll check in later. Don't forget those smiles!

EDIT: I went back to sleep right after I wrote this. Then didn't get up until eight. Got up and was down another lb. The news is saying the interstate is closed, so trying to figure out an alternate route.

Last edited by Delphi; 05-30-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:40 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Default May Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--May Exercise Challenge. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 187 lbs
SuzyQ: Lose 5-10 lbs; get "rear in gear"
CakeBatter: Wear any size 10; lose 7 lbs; keep working Flylady plan
Tammyjo: Lose 10 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 1.5 - 2 lbs a week
Shrinkingleah: Lose 7 pounds by June 1st
Rowenna: Reach 105 lbs; feel great about self!
Hattie: Lose at least 5 lbs; reach at least 192 lbs; keep eating OP
BellaEllaEllAaa: Eat more fruits and veggies; drink 8 or more glasses of water throughout the day; stay positive, be supportive, and ask for support when needed
Mikayla: Lose 10lbs
Getlost: Strive to lose 3 lbs/week and not less than 8-10 lbs/month
Brown_Eyed_Staccie: By May 15th, reach 216 lbs; by May 31st, reach 210 lbs; be able to wear jeans done up and looking HOT
Lene1974: Lose 10 lbs; drink 64 oz of water a day
Neesy_20: Lose 10 lbs; be able to wear goal capris
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 10 lbs Jodi: Lose 8 lbs
Econ_Nerd: Lose 10 or more lbs to reach 237.6 lbs or below
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
StarryNights110: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach the 170s: stay within calorie limit; no sugar
Ms_Perception: Reach 165 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies (5/day)
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 155 lbs--MET GOAL!!
Fressca: Lose 7 lbs to reach 155 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5 lbs
Musiclover: Lose 6.5 lbs to reach 147 lbs--MET GOAL!!
Newshinyme: Lose 1-2 lbs a week to break through the 30 lb loss mark
Lewisempire: Lose 5 lbs to reach 195 lbs
JasonsLea: Stay POP 85% of the month (26 out of 31 days); try to incorporate the Abs Power Diet into my eating plan; lose 10 lbs
Westtexaschick: Reach 140-138 lbs
Smallification: Lose 6 lbs to reach "normal weight" BMI--MET GOAL!!
Skinnygurlinside: Lose 10 lbs
Mcrunner: Lose 5 lbs; eat more fruits and veggies; get back to using FitDay regularly
MrsHomeStretch: Lose 19.5 lbs; burn 40,300 calories this month; eat 1300 calories or less a day
Delphi: Lose 3 lbs--MET GOAL!!; lose 3 more lbs--MET GOAL!!; lose another 3 lbs--MET GOAL!!; stay within daily calorie intake allowance
Canadianangel: Lose 16 lbs
Crazymamaof4: Lose 10 lbs to reach 176 lbs--MET GOAL!!; lose inches--MET GOAL!!; get out of "obese" BMI category--MET GOAL!!; eat more fruits and veggies--MET GOAL!!
Scaleskl: Lose 8 lbs; drink at least 64 oz of water per day
Fenderella: Reach 299 lbs
Terapet: Lose 3 lbs
E.mccoy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs; no late night snacking
FABlynne: Lose 10 lbs
Urockmom: Lose vacation weight; lose 3 additional lbs
Wantstoloseweight: Lose 10-12 lbs
CheeCheen: Lose 10 lbs
Dvdrumls: Lose 10 kg

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-30-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:25 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Girls!!! And Happy Saturday to you all!

Okay, let's get started:

FSA~ Oooh you're my hero! You stayed strong in the face of pizza?!?! As Bobby Boucher's mama would say, "Pizza is the DEBIL!" (that would be a Waterboy referrence for all of you Adam Sandler fans out there. ) You did the right thing, and you're absolutely right--you've come so far!

NSM~ Woo hoo! Size 12's!! That's fantastic! How fun is shopping going to be from now on? I totally know what you mean about getting to buy things because you like them, not just because they fit! Congratulations, your hard work IS paying off!!!

Lene~ how was dinner last night? A healthy buffet sounds yummy! There was a place called Fresh Choice in CA that I loved, hubby and I were just talking about how much we missed it.

SupaChix~ Happy Belated Birthday to Breawna!! And tell her congrats on the loss! I sure hope you're feeling better today! There's definitely something going around--I've heard of a couple of strep cases and of course the general icky head cold stuff...be sure to drink lots of water!

Delphi~ Okay, well, get yourself a couple of Advil/Motrin before you head out--I bet you'll loosen up a bit with walking. Good for you keeping those shorts! You'll be in them in NO time flat! I hope that you can find an alternate route to the zoo today!! And be sure to drink lots of water--don't want to get dehydrated or anything nutty like that.

Okay girls, well, I went to bed around 9:30 last night and had a halfway decent night's sleep. I did wake up at 4:00'ish and was up for an hour. My throat was bugging me again so I took a Sucrets and then later took some Musinex in the hopes that that would dry up my sinuses so they would stop draining, blah, blah, blah...I almost headed downstairs to work out but thankfully got sleepy again and went back to sleep. I woke up at 7:30 and headed downstairs and hit the treadmill!! So my work out for the day is complete!!! I do believe my former early rising self is making a come back!!!

Woke up to a superfantastic surprise today too! My scale just might be on crack either that or it loves me as much as I love it , whatever the case, it said 172.4 !!!! I am now Officially closer to my goal weight than my start weight! If it hadn't been for the fact that everyone was sleeping, I might have just shouted out loud! I did dance a quick jig though...quietly.

Okay girls, well, we're heading to the Farmer's Market!! Haven't been there even once since we moved here and it's just around the corner! So today's the day! I'm off to get some veggies and fruit!!! Oooh, and maybe some flowers!!!

Have an awesome day girls!!! We've got just one day left! Can you believe it?! Man...we have ROCKED this month haven't we? Yeah we have!!!

Okay girls, be sure to smile, smile, smile and drink, drink, DRINK!!!

Your water that is!

Last edited by iDream; 05-30-2009 at 09:26 AM.
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:01 AM   #155  

I hit my goal today, 147 lbs exactly on the scale. Stared at it for a bit, couldn't quite believe it.
Thanks for the great support on this thread and looking forward to everyone here reaching their goals. Now to work on maintaining it, which of course means just to carry on exactly the same.
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:12 AM   #156  

Musiclover!!!! CONGRATS!!! Great job meeting your FINAL GOAL!!! Are you going to join the June challenge with a goal to maintain? We'd love to have you!

CMof4, Congrats for hitting a milestone in having less to lose than you have already lost!!! Great job!!!

Lene, great job or staying OP and drinking your water, girlie! Don't work too hard!

Delphi, CONGRATS on another lb down!! WOW!! Those lbs are just jumping off you!! I hope you have a GREAT time at the zoo!! And please be careful about overdoing the exercise! Sometimes you have to go e-a-s-y! I'm glad you fell back asleep this morning! You don't want to strain any muscles when you have all those wonderful goals to fulfill for June!

Joci, I'm sorry to hear you still aren't getting notifications. But I'm glad to see you got your name back! And yes, you support us just as much as we support you, so we are so happy you are here with us!!

FSA, GREAT job on staying away from the pizza and coming here to tell us about it instead!! I read about a month ago that distraction plays a major part in weight loss, so way to go, chickie!!

NSM, Size 12 jeans and compliments!!! Woohoo!! That must have felt amazing!! I'm sure you were on !!! You must be LOOKIN' GOOD!

Jodi, I hope you feel better soon!! Your bike ride and flea market trip sounded like fun!! Breawna, Happy Belated "Sweet 16" Birthday!!!!!

Hi to all our ladies! I hope you are all finishing May with a bang!
Old 05-30-2009, 11:37 AM   #157  

Good morning girlssssssssss Happy Saturday! How nice to come in and read all of your news and what wonderful news it is!

musiclover, congratulationsssss on having met goal

Delphi and crazymamaof4, wtggggggggggg chickies! Congratulations on the losses girls

You ladies are smoking! Thanks for coming in to share your news with us.

Lene, hi there my lady. Apparently we were simultaneously posting last night! I hope you have a wonderful time at the dinner. OH lene, you get up so early as is, yes, please don't feel bad about not doing the workout...you prob burn lots of cals in the course of your day and up that early. I give you credit Lene and you also rocked it this m onth too! wtg! You have a super weekend , hug.

Delphi, NO! lol. If your that sore and your going to go to the zoo walking, that's exercise in and of itself. I just think it might be too much to go on the treadmill first. I normally don't say much but given how your feeling, no way sweety. Cut yourself some slack. Ihope you find an alternate route and have a wonderful time at the zoo girl. Glad you slept in this morning. My friend always raves about the crockpot. Your adorable delphi, lol keep on shining.

supachix, I hope that you are feeling better. Ty for coming in to touch base, it's alway so nice to hear from you and we hope to see you in the June thread as well. Sometimes things come up and impede our workout schedule, good for you that you at least got 2x in. We start a whole new month Monday Congratulations to Breawna on her Birthday Happy birthday Breawna, I hope you had a lovely time and congratulations on another lb. lost You are doing wonderful sweety, keep up the good work...you too mom! have a nice weekend girls.

Jacqueeee, ty for explaining it to me girl. Have a super weekend with mom and sophie.

crazymamaof4, thanksssssss! Congrats on the losssssss Oh the farmers market sound like sooooooo much fun! Have an awesome time

Jacquiiii, hi there chicky! Ty as well. HOpe your having a great weekend. IT is gorgeous here today, the sun is finally out. I need to go scoop up DH and get him to stop working, lol.

A big to all, have a great weekend girls and hope to see you all over in the June thread.

Have an awesome weekend girls Chat soon
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #158  
There is no spoon!

FSA ~ Yeah, as bad as I felt this morning, I said fudge it and went back to bed, but ONLY because I knew I would get more than my fair share of exercise today. I burned a total of 600 calories at the zoo. So yeah, pretty good day.

Musiclover ~ for making goal. THAT IS AWESOME!

Jacqui ~ You remembering to eat this weekend chicky?

Crazymomma ~ Some how I missed your post yesterday about the cook books. Thank you soooo much for the suggestions. And look at you dropping all those pounds..you're bringing sexy back aren't ya? So how was the farmers market? Get anything good? Way to get that work out in.

Well me and my two oldest had a good ol' time at the zoo. Don't get me wrong, I love going and viewing all the animals, but a part of me, feels deeply troubled seeing them in captivity. Especially the tigers. There's not enough room to even get a good run going. I don't know, it just really hurts the ol' ticker. Poor things!
Regardless, we all had a groovy time and I burnt loads of calories.

Last edited by Delphi; 05-30-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:49 PM   #159  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

I hope you are all having a good weekend. I'm at work. Little accomplishment yesterday, I actually got up (in the morning!) and went to the gym! It was a hassle, I only have four hours of sleep, the bus ride there was about 45 minutes and the bus ride back was about 70 minutes but I was determined! Did all that and went to work. Now, I just need to get to bed on time and I can make this a habit!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #160  

Delphi, I hear you on the zoo bit, I feel the same way and havn't gone in years for that reason (I loved it when I was younger). I'm glad you had a wonderful time with the kids, it's a good learning experience for them too. Wow girl, wtg on burning all those calories That is so neat Delphi that you see how many calories you burn....I bet that's a real incentive to be able to see that. Have an awesome night girl

Leaaaaaa, congratulationssss on making it to the gym today That took a lot, I had no idea you travel that long to get there. Hope you catch up on your rest tonight and have a great night.

Hi to all of you. Urockmom, oh you must be outdoors today! What a picture perfect day it is here. It's so nice to see the sun after 3 days of rain! We went walking and to the market, I am so happy I have all my stuff. We also went to the garden center and picked up some flowers. Having an ice coffee now (Lewisssssssss you come back soon sweety, I have \_/ for you ). Well, I wanted to check in....I am going to go sit out back for a bit and maybe plant a little. Have a wonderful evening girls.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #161  
There is no spoon!

Jasonslea ~ Good for you! Now that is dedication going through all of that just to get your workout in. Bravo!

FSA ~ Yeah, it's unfortunate. But yeah, seeing what I burn in actual numbers is a great tool for me. If I see I didn't burn as many calories one day then I can shift around the next day. It's definitely an incentive for me. I'm very luck to have it given my circumstances. So yeah, it was a good day. Then my ex come got the my six yr. old. I guess they are doing the whole birthday thing for him this weekend. SO it's just me and my oldest, so we decided to take a walk around the block and down to the store. It was nice, but it's extremely hot as well. All and all we had a good day, but I didn't eat much. I am way under my calories even after dinner. But I can't eat when I'm hot, like being out there at the zoo, it just bothers my stomach too much. So I'm kinda in the 700's right now.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:39 PM   #162  

Delphi, ummm, oops! Actually, I forgot to eat breakfast, When my DH usually asks if I want to go walking on a weekend morning, I say, "Let me eat first." But this morning, he added, "We'll take the dogs on their first walk," and my first thought was, 'Okay, one leash is in the foyer and one leash is in the garage. I have to go get those," and breakfast completely slipped my mind! Now around 11:30, I remembered and ate breakfast foods then. But then that kind of wiped out lunch. But around 3:00, I did have some walnuts and string cheese. And then about an hour ago, I ate a handful of cherries. So now that you mention it, I had better start thinking about dinner! See, it's after 6:30 already, and I hadn't thought of it until you mentioned it! You know, I'd consider making "not forgetting to eat" one of my June goals, but I really don't know if I'd be capable of meeting it, and then I'd really get upset with myself! After all, I never mean to forget to eat! If I do think of it, it's like I always think I can do one more thing before it's actually time to eat, and then I'll completely lose track of time and forget about eating! I'm the type of person to be late everywhere too, unless I have an actual appointment, and important one. It all has to be related! How I can be such an organized person in every area of my life except time, I don't know! Maybe it's because I focus on being so organized in other areas that I just run out of time! See, like right now, I'm thinking, "Dinner, okay, in a few minutes, I'll get dinner," but then I'll think, "First, I'll just look through all our threads and make sure the lists are moved and everyone's added," and then while I'm at it, I'll read everyone's posts and next I'll write personals. Then I'll think while I'm online, I need to email my sister or look up that research article my DH needs for his class, etc., and I'll completely forget about the time and dinner, and it will be 10 pm before I remember that I haven't eaten! That's typical of my day--I need to do this, then this, then this, and there just aren't enough minutes in the day! And being on the computer is just an example. It happens with cleaning and running errands and so on and so on. My mind wanders from one thing I need to do to the next, and I forget about time, and without hunger cues, I forget about eating. That's why I need to make eating meals and snacks part of my schedule, so that they will be on my to do list! (sigh) With that said, right now, I am going to click send, and put the laptop down and go make dinner, and hopefully not get sidetracked on the way to the kitchen! Thank you for reminding me!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-30-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #163  
There is no spoon!

Jacqui ~ I can definitely relate. Which is why I have problems getting enough calories during the days. I think you should make a goal. That would keep you focused, if you know in the back of your head you have this goal. But perhaps start small, like, I will not forget to eat meals for at least two weeks out of the month? So everyday you don't miss a meal, that will add towards your two week total. And I tell ya what. I'll match your goal with how many days you decide, if you do, with the same amount of days at 1200 calorie days.

Last edited by Delphi; 05-30-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:00 AM   #164  

Hi girls, oh I'm sleepy and heading to bed but wanted to check in before doing so.

Glad you got your dinner in Jacqui and maybe you got a snack in Delphi. Delphi, when it's hot it definitely reduces my hunger. The only time I lose weight on vaca is in Greece. They didn't put the airconditioner on and there were heat waves.......like 105 degrees! We were in a cement building on the 4th freaking floor. I couldn't eat NOTHING during the day from the heat andmaybe a little at night like some of those yummy greek fries. I lost weight of course, I simply could not eat. Was it muggy there today? It was a bit humid here. Your son had a B-day the other day and getting another party! It's good your getting out and keeping busy with your oldest, your little one will be back in your arms before you know it . I better go to bed ........night girls Catch you tomorrow

Last edited by FullSteamAhead; 05-31-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:24 AM   #165  

OMGosh, Delphi, I have thought about your proposition for 3 hours now! I just can't wrap my all-or-nothing brain around the two-week idea. So I've been trying to figure out a compromise that I can do every day, and it's so hard! Everything I come up with I doubt I can do! The problem is that it deals with my memory. How do I guarantee my memory? I know the idea is to plant it in my head, so that I won't forget, but if I really try now, and I forget anyway, what makes me think I will all of a sudden start remembering? It's not like a decision I'm making, like "I won't eat those fries"! It's more like, "What fries? There were fries?" I don't know, I'm so sleepy, I'll have to think on this some more tomorrow! Good night!