Old 04-12-2007, 12:50 PM   #121  
Jellybeanz

S/C/G: 253/241/140

Height: 5ft4in

hi all,

piggin---yes those are my two kids. She is two and he is 2 months. It's a handful.

Anyway, Im thinking of doing the slim fast thing for a couple of weeks, anyone here have any comments about that? Let me know your experiences.

Thanks ladies. Congratulations on the many successess I've seen posted, and the renewal of energy in here. Everyone seems to agree it's ok to start fresh

I dont know who it was aimed at, but i see a post from FSA about the trackers. You can go into your settings and change the numbers below the picture..you will see something with your starting weight and your current looks for eg 243/190/243..change the number that you want to change. if someone needs more detail, send me a message and i'll help you with it.
jellybeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:08 PM   #122  

Hi there girls : ) I didn't get a chance to come in yesterday and just came in and wow! So nice to read all your posts

All is going well here. I did get outdoors for that walk on Tuesday and it really helped me, lifted my spirits. I was bumming the other day because I had just learned about the storm (today) and maybe SUnday again and still below temps in the forecast for quite some time to come. I am okay now because I made a decision. I figured my choices were either to get miserable and thus make my plan a lot harder or to just keep on truckin, do good with my food plan, and exercise (which really is h elping me get through it). This way, I will be extra happy when the nice mild weather finally arrives. I will be ready for it and the warm weather clothing waiting in my closet will fit better. Basically, I just acceppted it and that helped.
I am doing well with the food plan though I have no haddock for this week. My dad said the boats didn't go out so hopefully next week a fresh shipment comes in. I picked up a roast chicken from shaw's the other day, delicious!

sockmonkey, that's great : ) I bet all that protein you had revved up your metabolism and you were so good about skipping the dessert and other things. Anyways, way to go! Yessssssss, let's move those scales, sounds good

Hisskitty, Monday weigh-ins helps me to keep in line over the weekends too! It makes it harder to be bad knowing that that weigh day is nearing. Kitty, I am so glad that you found that dog in the middle of the night and took it in! That was one lucky pup to have crossed paths with you When I first got the pom she was so tiny and only weighed 2 lbs. We had 2 adult cats at the time and I introduced them slowly. I would put the puppy in the crate and let them sniff each other and become familiar this way first. Then after a few times of this, I would hold the puppy and finally let the puppy free to run around but always with supervision....for a long time. My vet scared the living daylights out of me (though he is the best doc and I admire and adore him, basically saved my puppy as she was very sick when little). He told me that the cats could kill the dog in an instant, they might think it's a hamster or something and I had to be very careful . Needless to say, the cats (very nice kitties) knew it was mine and would never go to hurt her. THey were freaked out at first and would run away, didn't know what to make of her. Within a short time period, my female kitty was playing with the dog hahaha, so cute! They all love her and the female kitty which took to her first still plays with her occassionally and they sit side by side often. : ) Your new kitty will need some time, just introduce them very gradually as they say. Good luck and keep us posted as to how they do, ok?

pigginpodgey and amy, way to go girls! : ) keep up the great work.

Lytriciaaa, hi : ) I am so happy to hear your news, focus, etc. and how you are handling the weather. It's really good to hear and it also reinforces me to keep up with the attitude towards the weather. I like that barbecue idea, even while it's snowing! It's sleeting here now but maybe if it stops later on , I can follow suit and put the beef I have planned for tonight on the grill! Have a great time on your weekend shopping trip with your daughter, sounds like a real nice time : ) Thanks for the great tips Lytricia. I was doing that sometimes, (allow myself more than I should..too much) and what a great thought replacement for such times, I will remember that one. As for the salt, hahaha I like your emoticon there! I bet that gets rid of the cravings ha? Thanks again for sharing with us, keep on truckin : )

beautiful4me, congrats on getting past that craving last night and for your exercise. I saw your new inserts, very pretty

hey jellybeans : ) I agreeeeee, that pic you put up is so adorable. It's freezing rain here too and planning to watch a dvd rental tonight and just kick back. Keep up the great work and have a nice time.

mygirlsmommy, cogratulationssssssss Your right, I bet that salt trick would be good during TOM! you try it first and let me know, hahahaha Onward and downward, I like that! : ) we are going to get those scales down!

nosnahhhh, welcome back girl HOw was your trip to Mass? Hope you had a nice time. As for your leg, I am glad your okay, you must of had a real scare. Hang in there hun, as soon as you get better , you can get right back to the exercise. Getting back to your food plan in itself will have you feeling better, becareful of not letting it spiral out of hand. I know it's hard, I am wondering if maybe while seated you could do a few arm exercises or something like that just to help you feel a bit better (though of course I don't know what the doc said) or maybe pick up some cool book and/or weight-loss mags to help you through. Take care of yourself, the exercise will be there when your better. : )

melissa, welcome We are all on different plans, some of the girls on south beach diet and various other diets. Our plans vary as do our weigh-in days and/or methods of measuring success. Glad you found us here .

well ladies, time for me to head downstairs and get ready for my workouts. Hope everyone has a great day, let's keep it going.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:20 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

jellybeanz - i have done slimfast before and i hated it, but thats because i dont like milk or milk like products, and I like to have something to actually chew for a meal. Some of my friends think that its good because it takes the emphasis away from food, but I just found myself thinking about something i could chew !! Good luck with it though if you decide to do it, let us know how you get on!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #124  

Wow I can't find my previous thread?????

Anyway,

I'm having loads of trouble finding my "off" switch. Does anyone have any tips.

Also at night I fantasize about certain food and cannot get the items out of my head until I eat them.......it is extremely powerful........believe me I am no slouch in life except food absolutely drops me to my knees.

Ray xo
Ray of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:05 PM   #125  

Jellybeanz - I have a slim fast as at least one of my meals everyday, and I have really liked it so far. Keeps me full for about 3 hours (sometimes more). I was afraid at first that the sugar content might trigger my carb demon, but it hasn't seemed to increase cravings at all, thank goodness. I saw somewhere (could have been on this site) that the Optima has less sugar in it than previous shakes. Good luck with it, and let me know how you like it!
MygirlsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:19 AM   #126  

Goodmorning everyone

I'm having my iced coffee, woke up to the sunshine today! It's been a really good week, I have been doing plenty of exercise and doing well with the food plan so I am feeling good. I am really starting to see the results which is a nice feeling. The week isn't over yet though, still have the weekend and 3 more days to go. I am taking it through the weekend, I have worked hard all week and don't (wont) sway this weekend as it will impede my hard work. Lytricia, I am thinking about what you said and I am not thinking, "oh I have been so good all week, I can have a night of th is or that (I just know how it will affect me) and instead I am thinking " I deserve a weight loss" I want another 2 lb. loss this week so I am going to behave over the weekend. We are almost at the 2 week mark. THe time seems to be going quickly, does it feel that way for you all too? I do plan on going out for dinner one time this week but it's going to be for broiled haddock or guiltless grill chicken at chile's.

Jellybeanz, I have tried the slimfast a long time ago but not for long. I liked the chocolate flavored ones and the cappuccino. I found that I could drink the can pretty quickly though so I remember at one point putting it in a blender and adding a bit of water, 1/2 a banana, and/or ice to stretch out the drink a bit. What does not work for one person may work for another, and vice-versa. It can't hurt to try it and see how it works for you. Good luck with it and let us know how it goes : )

Happy Friday everyone Hope everyone has a great weekend, let's keep it going, just a few more days to our week 2 point.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:36 AM   #127  

oops, hi ray of light, welcome. I am not sure what you mean by the "off" switch. Are you referring to the pc? or the "off" food switch? Jeez, maybe I ought to finish my coffee first, I am slow in the morning!

Cravings can be intense and powerful, yet I find they diminish over time while being on plan. For me, first starting is always the hardest. I was a late night eater before and always hungriest at night. Eating more throughout the day and having healthy snacks helped me a lot with the night-time hunger, etc. By never letting myself get too hungry, it really helped in diminishing those night-time "fantasies" and also pre-planning my dinners a few nights in advance really helped! I already know what I am having for dinner so it keeps my mind from wandering. THese 2 things have worked out great for me. I'm not sure how much of the thread you have read, but you may want to go through and read it as we have shared tips and tricks and things that help us.....and we continue to do so. Welcome aboard : )
Old 04-13-2007, 10:12 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 248/223/130

Goodmorning everyone.Well my little workouts is paying off Looks like the scale is moving in the right direction this morning.Keeping my fingers crossed for monday.I have been doing shorter workouts this week,alternating the elliptical and bike for 5 mins at a time until i reach 30 mins.seems like its working.i feel great again.Eating the wrong foods can really make you feel awful.Hope everyone is having a great day ,thanks for getting me back on track.
4amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:55 AM   #129  

Hey Full Steam.......thank you for responding to my post......that makes all the difference in whether I feel comfortable in posting and fitting in.

I will definately go back and read the posts. However, I guess my problem is what makes me feel so neurotic and really *&&^* angry with myself. I usually eat like an angel during the day with excellent laid out plans and then I just wreck everything with these "visions" of food that I feel compelled to eat lots of evenings. It's like I'm bored or something. Then once I'm filled with my addiction of course I say that I'll begin anew again first thing in the morning.........I'VE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME FOR 25 YEARS....DO YA THINK I COULD STOP!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR I'M MAKING MYSELF CRAZIER AND CRAZIER
Old 04-13-2007, 12:40 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Welcome ray of light! Im also obessed by food, Im think all morning about what I will have for lunch, then think all afternoon about what I will have for dinner!! Its a nightmare, but with support and knowledge we do our best!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:47 PM   #131  

Hey Piggin..........WOW, you called me "obsessed"........I have never ever called myself that....always I've said I've had an addiction, a problem, I'm nuts, etc. but never obsessed. I need to think about this....because that's exactly what I am....a continuous stream of food thinker. I wonder why.

Do you guys also think it is totally possible to exclaim one day "I no longer have ANY addictions, I feel completely at peace and joy filled. I am now living a completely incredible life....one beyond my wildest dreams."

Ray of Light xo
Old 04-13-2007, 04:47 PM   #132  

Hi ladies,

Ray of light, yes you can! I beleive totally and fully that you can stop the current behavior. Your post in itself shows that you are so ready to make a change and that is the first and foremost step. I was at my wits end prior to starting, I just couldn't take it anymore, something had to give. I would just take it one step at a time, not so much focus on weight loss right now, but mainly just cutting out the night eating.

As for "being bored" , wow! Many times, I was not hungry yet would blindly go back for more, maybe in a way to comfort myself with food. Yes, I was miserable with each and every passing day of this pattern. You mentioned "being an angel" all day, I am not sure what it means for you but it meant for me was not eating enough all day and then being literally famished at night! I tied it time and time again , to no avail, and was just left feeling more miserable. You cannnnnn do this! Just take it one step at a time. Start with your mind, tell yourself your going to and can do it. Next, clear your house of any junk food. Make up a list of all the healthy foods and snacks you want and go grocery shopping. I suggest raw broccoli floweretts and carrot sticks in a f.f ranch veggie dip whenever you even begin to feel a twinge of hunger, regardless of time! Have a plan this way, heck, you cant cheat if your house is cheat free! Also have back up ready, I so hear you about the emotional eating,,,, putting on my sneakers or finding some other alternative method of getting through it really has helped. Even grabbing a large cold glass of ice water. I found that if I can ride it out, the craving or hunger would subside.

I don't feel that pigginpodgey was referring to YOU as "obssessed" but rather it was a reading and label of sorts to one own self with preoccupation with food. I think that often, we use the term loosely in our every day lives and by no means in a technical fashion. A true obsession, that would be a hinderance, would hamper functioning. Keep in mind, that when on a plan, of course we are all going to think about or "obsess" about our plans, I sure do! jeesh, especially when hungry! lol It's a balance i think, like everything else in life. I personally feel that this is natural and okay, as long as it does not hinder our functioning. Needless to say, whatever it was why I was doing what I was doing before (and yes a lot of it was emotional), I truly beleive we can break the pattern..........yesssssssssssssss so you go girl! I think you will like it here, the ladies are dynamite! just dynamite! I thank my lucky stars each and every day that we all have each other here and such a support system in place.
We all have our ups and downs and it really helps to post and pick each other up during those down moments ( bad day here now). THe thing is, I feel it helps to learn from our mistakes in the past and see how we are going to progress forward, yet doing so without carrying the guilt and bad feelings. Forget the obsession thing, or whatever else! Put your plan in place and go go we can do this. We are all here for each other! keep posting too, it helps. I dont think we need to be embarrassed a bout hard times, we all have our ups and downs, god, I surely do! THis journey is not without its rough moments! and it's escpecially helpful to post during those hard times as we can all give each other objective feedback and help each other get back up again.

WIth that being said, helppppppppppp! lol Im going good and strong but down as ever tonight! I keep telling myself tomorrow is a new day and I will awaken with a new and refreshed outlook (which is often the case after a successful day), but sometimes its just hard. Sometimes I ease right through during the week and sometimes it's just such a battle. Either way my ladies, we c an and will do this! ty all once again for you support. I think you guys rock!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 01:20 PM   #133  

Full Steam.......yes this is the right place .... I can feel the energy in the writing and thanks for your full-bodied responses, they really help. I don't mind AT ALL if Piggin did say I was obsessed....I needed that!!

You know I was getting so close to goal only 2 1/2 months ago and then I quit smoking and drinking coffee and BAM, the weight just flew on again and as it was mounting I was saying that I have to get a grip on this, over and over and then I would binge and then feel crazy and depressed, well you know the cycle I'm sure.......so I feel I'm ready enough to break this habit, but my gawd it's hard or maybe I should be using a different word????? instead of "hard." I also feel so sad and anxious in thinking that I just don't want to go another summer being overweight and hiding in my clothing choices, which is a choice I know, but the only choice for me.

I will never surrender

Ray of Light xo

P.S. How do I edit my goal slide thingie???

Last edited by Ray of Light; 04-14-2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: left out question?
Old 04-14-2007, 02:15 PM   #134  

hi ladies : ) I hope your all having a great weekend.

I had a rough night last night. I am feeling a bit better today, no exercise today though as I still can't walk too well...anothers day rest and hopefully this old flared up ankle injury of mine will have passed. Dh took me for a ride so I got out a bit and that helped.

HI ray : ) I want to say congratulations on quitting smoking That's great! THere's still plenty of time before summer and because that weight came on fast, I bet you take it off at a good clip while on plan I am glad you joined us ray : )

It's a new day and now I am working on today. We have a big nor'easter storm on the way which is going to last 3 days so I am trying to think of things to keep me busy through it. Hopefully, my leg is okay and I can do my workouts. Lytriciaaaaaaaaa, can I hop on the plane with you? hahaha I bet you already left, I hope your having a superrrr time and tell us about your trip upon your return : ) Hope you all have a great day, let's keep on truckin ladies.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:50 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Good morning ladies! Just wanted to say a quick welcome to any newbies. I don't know how you guys manage to reply to everyone. It overwhelms me. Anyway, I lost another 3.2 pound this week bringing my total for this month to 6.4 so far. I set my goal for the month at 16.6, which is a little high, but I'm going to try my darndest to make it. Hope everyone else is able to report a loss as well. Have a good day.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote