Old 03-30-2007, 09:05 AM   #16  
I am unwritten

S/C/G: 167/143/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone, I'd love to join this challenge! I need every bit of help that I can get.
I'd like to lose 8 pounds in April, that will keep me right on track for my goal to lose 15 by memorial day.
My goals are:
1.) Stay at 1500 calories a day, by eating whole grains, lean meats, fruits, and veggies.
2.)Go to the gym 5 days a week, and on the days I don't go to the gym, I will do a 10 minute ab workout at home.
3.) Drink more water
4.) Only get on the scale twice a week. I am really, really bad about weighing myself everyday.

Good luck everyone!
FeelTheRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:01 AM   #17  

Good morning ladies : )

to all , to those of you from our last months thread as well as those of you just joining in. We have a nice size team of us already, keep it coming, the more the merrier! I am happy that we have each other here and I look forward to our month together.

I am getting ready for our new upcoming week together. There is currently nothing in my house of temptation. I don't even have bread in the house this week. I have my healthy snacks on hand and at night after dinner when I get a bit hungry, well, there is nothing in my fridge except fruit and raw veggies for dipping, lol. Lytricia and twins mommy, regarding clearing the house out of any junk....I agree, it has helped me tremendously. It helps a lot having my husband eating healthy with me and one thing is for certain, the times there are some sort of snack in the house (like cookies or something) I don't do as well. I knowww it's there and I'll think about it! When it's not there, I don't think about it. IF and when I get hungry at night, there are only healthy choices available. I am not going to go out of my way to the extent of driving to the store in my jammies to cheat!

I am going grocery shopping tonight to make sure i have everything on hand that I need. I like to plan my dinners at least 2 nights in advance, that's another biggie that really helps me. This way, I already know what I am having for dinner, have the ingredients on hand, and it keeps my mind from wandering to other foods when I start getting hungry.

A lot of you mentioned binge eating or night time eating. That was a big problem for me. I had reached the point where I had no structure to my eating and ate whenever! I would hardly eat all day and then eat late at night, more than 1 dinner. I would go back for more and more, sometimes eating as late as midnight! Anyways, I changed my eating habits and began my health regime 2 months ago and this site was the catalyst. WHo mentioned "cold turkey" on the night time eating? lol, I can't find it now in the thread. That's what I did. Hm, have a feeling this is going to turn out to be one of my marathon posts so as to spare you all from a book, I'll try and be as succinct as possible. I'm going to list some of the things that helped me get started and stop the night eating in the hopes that it is helpful to others as well. so here goes:

1. clearing the house of any junk food and temptation

2. Added structure to my eating. I have a rule, dinner no later than 7:30.

3. In the beginning, I ate as much fish or chicken as I wanted for dinner so that I would feel satiated to help keep me from getting too hungry after. When hungry after, I would eat baby carrots (w/f.f ranch veggie dip) and or raw broccoli which really did the trick in filling me up (much more so than watermelon.

4. Never let myself get too hungry (danger zone). WHenever I start to feel a bit hungry, have a light healthy snack.

5. drink plenty of water. It helped/helps keep me feeling full plus relieved problems with fluid retention.

6. Started walking and just keep busy in general.

7. ginseng tea or any green tea - works wonders for me!

8. PATIENCE - accepting the fact that it would take time for me to lose weight and giving up on the idea of a quick fix.

9. relaying my plan only to you all here and to those few close people in my life who are supportive.

10. Taking things day by day. I look at every day as a new day and just focus on doing well that day. If I have a sidetrack (instead of beating myself up like I used to) I wake up the next morning and say, "It's a new day".

11. Weighing myself once a week. I was a fanatic with the scale before my plan and it did nottttttt help me, especially as my weight fluctuates so much. I find I am much more successful weighing in 1x per week. I put the scale in the closet so I don't have to look at it every day.

12. posting. THe support here has been and is a tremendous help and it is just so helpful and a sheer enjoyment to have the support and encouragement of each other.

13. BEING POSITIVE - I feel this is probably one of the most important things. I for one, cannot be successful when I am negative...it takes up the energy where it would be so much more useful places in focus on the plan!
Replace negative thoughts with positive ones, immediately and constantly as much as you n eed too. Replace can't with can. If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see and start thinking negative thoughts , I would say, "hey, this is just temporary, I am going to look dynamite" and I would envision the new me. : )

Anyone else have any tips and tricks that helps you with plan, do go right ahead and share, we need all the help we can get.

Lytricia, and you thought YOU were rambling! hahaha oh god, I think I just broke my record, lol Hope I don't scare them all away! Thanks for the kind words Lytricia anddddddd for picking me back up again when I fell and fell hard. Your kind words of encouragement helped me tremendously and am thankful and happy that we have touched paths here, that all of us have.

oh boy, I better stop now. lol Wishing you all a super day and a great weekend. Ladies, get ready to rock and roll We are going to do this...together.

oops, I almost forgot. Lytricia, I dig the sea clams in New England, Mass. Have you heard of Ipswich clams? That's where I get them
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:53 PM   #18  
Buttermom

S/C/G: 220/205/165

Height: 5.4

Ok im in on the challenge im new to this site so hopefully im posting ok

ok so i weighed in today at 205 my goal for the month of april is to lose 10 pounds were i lose them i dont care as long as the scale says 195 WOW its been forever since i have weighed in the 100's that will be the day i cry tears of joy for once.

ok so my goal is to weigh in every monday and post here
walk for at least 20-30 minutes 3 times a day every day
eat my shredded wheat for breakfast and dinner and eat a healthy lunch maybe some special k snacks here or there
take the kids to the park now that its sunny and run around with them
and love love love my husband and more u know what (i heard its the best excersise ha ha ) ok ok

so 10 pounds be ready to be lost i will be giving u a good bye ceremony tonight and make sure we say our goodbyes forever

Peace out 10 pounds!!! dont let the door hit ya were the good lord split ya !!

love marie

i took these pics yesterday just me in my everyday lounge shirt and jeans and my new size 16 brumuda shorts i love love love them but want them to fit me loose ha ha never pleased i know ok ok so anyways hoping to post more slimmer pics of me later on in the month of april!!

good luck chicadees!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2124.jpg (18.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2137.jpg (19.6 KB, 11 views)
buttermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:52 PM   #19  

Arrow April challenge

Hi there,
I have seen a couple of posts about joining in the April challenges. I am interested in joining you on your journey. I need to lose around 30# & want to lose it at the rate of 10# a month. I just started my diet AGAIN about 3 or 4 days ago & so far so good. I'm trying to watch my carbs & eat an apple or something at night as my snack. I have a hard time at night. I'm in my late 50's so don't lose as easily as I used to. Anyway, include me please! I'll take all the help I can get on this journey to healthy eating. Thanks & good luck to us all. Onward & forward
openheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:43 PM   #20  

Hi buttermom and openheart and welcome to our team

buttermom, lolllll : ) I'm sure your husband will be very supportive with your weight loss journey! hahaha . What a great and positive attitude you have , I like your "goodbye ceremony" to the 10 lbs....: )

openheart, congrats on being on your diet already 3 or 4 days, keep up the good work : ) I think we are all familiar with the "AGAIN" word and for me, just starting is sometimes the hardest part and the first few days. You already have that under your belt, so that's great! : ) As for any bumps in the road we encounter along our journey, we'll help each other out.

Madi, you remember that time in the feb. thread when we were flying solo how I came in and said, heyyyyyyy, if I hit any bumps in the road I am going right around them!!!! Later that night, I came in to say how I went right around that bump, right into Alculpoco's restaurant! lol You told me to pick myself up and brush myself off and we began a whole new day the next day. That's the ticket ha? whenever we sidetrack, just get right back in the saddle and start a new fresh day. LEt's keep on truckin, all of us. Ok the sun is out and dh is getting home any time and it's walk time soon so I must run. Catch you soon.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:06 PM   #21  
Christine's Mission

S/C/G: 178/152/135

Height: 5'6"

Red face

I am in on this too. I just joined this site today because i've been stalling... my new year's resolution was going well until March. I've puttered out on motivation and didn't lose (but didn't gain) any weight this past month... I n eed to get back on track for April!!! Get this party going... the biggest goal for april is making healthy food choices while eating out and limiting my alcohol intake. Whenever someone wants to go out to eat i let that be my excuse to treat myself... but then when i stand on the scale i realize it wasn't a "treat". I'm sure you all know what i'm talking about... Looking forward to April!
nosnah1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:45 PM   #22  

Hi nosnah, welcome : ) I think just the fact that you didn't gain and were able to maintain your weight is a biggie, congrats on that. I know what you mean about being ready to get that scale needle moving again downward, inches, or whatever........as I'm sure we all do. Glad you joined in

I really like to eat out, especially in nice weather. One of the restaurants I would like to recommend for a healthy meal is CHile's. They have a guiltless grill menu section which lists calories, carbs, fats, etc. The atmoshpere is fun, hip, and casual. THe g.g dinners are healthy and tasty. I always get the g.g chicken platter (580 cals) and I love it! It consists of a 1/2 breast of grilled chicken, broccolli (steamed with carrot shreds), rice, and corn on the cob. You also get a bang for your buck.

As for the alcholol intake, etc.,,,,,,,,,,,, I hear you! Check out calorieking.com. You can plug in any alcohol you like or drink, put in the amounts, and see the calories and nutritional info. Yikes! I find wine to be the best or even a clear martini with vodka and light cranberry juice. Sure, whilst on a weight reducing program, abstinence is best butttt if your going to drink it's best for us to be familiar at least with what we are drinking. Beer is full of carbs (150 cals. per beer), even when I was skinny when I drank beer , it would go right to my waistline. Aculpolco's margarita's are my weakness, ( 300 cals. min. per drink and upward!). THe sugar in those , the salt, etc........ugh.... fruity drinks or liquours are often loadeddddd with sugar! Last winter, I took a liking to kahlua sombrero's! baddddddddd! 1 oz. of vodka ..70 cals, 1 0z. of kahlua ..70 cals (not to mention the crazy sugar content) and let's not forget the milk, even fat-free! no thanks! lol

Check the site out, it may help you out in your plight, it sure did me! I cringed, lol. Looking forward to our month together too, let's go!
Old 03-31-2007, 05:05 PM   #23  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Yay this should be fun!!

My April Goals are:

1) Lose 10 pounds
2) Absolutely No French Fries (the waffle fries at chic-fil-a are killing me)
3) Excercise 4 times per week
4) Stay between 1300-1600 calories/day
5) I will ONLY weigh myself once per week so I don't get frustrated if I am not losing some weight everyday.

This is a great way to keep me motivated. I am so thankful I found this site!!

My weigh in schedule will be once a week, every Saturday.

April 7: 216 pounds..up a pound from Wednesday, but hey..still down from the beginning. I also gave in to some french fries on Friday, so I deserve the extra pound LOL.

April 14: 215..Not to sad since Aunt Flo is in town
**edit** weighed in at 211 this morning after saying goodbye the Aunt Flo
April 21: 213
April 28: 210!!!! I did it!!

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 04-29-2007 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Added weigh in.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:21 PM   #24  

Good afternoon ladies

sockmonkey, welcome : ) sounds like a good plan. Funny you should mention fries, I had a real craving for them the other day. Past 2 months, I only have had like 5 fries! I gave them up for awhile. I love potatoes of any sorttttt and just had to lay off for a bit. Hang in there. I find that the less I have of something, (or eliminate it), the cravens lessen in duration and frequency over time.

nosnah, I see your from texas : ) my best freind is from there. We love mexican and whenever we get together over here or her house we always do a mexican dinner night, along with our drinks! Havn't seen her in a while and miss her so much....thinking to have her over real soon and I am going to have to alot a special night for that time. : )

Lytriciaaaaaaaa, I got the magazine! I read the fish article, I found it to be very informative and also enjoyed the whole magazine, tyyy .....(women's health magazine). Went shopping today and found these really cool mesh back with drawstrings and shoulder straps, perfectttttttt for gathering sea clams : ) I am gearing up for our first day tomorrow and it's going to be the haddock for dinner. have a super night and ty again for the great recommendation : )

Have a great night all and a happy and successful first day tomorrow.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:58 AM   #25  
Madi

S/C/G: 195/171.4/150

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Hellllloooo ladies!

I love the beginning of new months! It's the time to collect your thoughts and try for your goal again. Last month started out good but totally got lost. I am on a mission this month. I have 3 other girls at work that are on the some mission with me. We are going to do the Shape magazine "Bikini Body by May 28th" So here we go.

goal
-eat every 3 hours (around 1200 calories a day)
-make the gym a priority (at least 4x's a week)
-cut out as much fried food and sugar as I can
-make the best decisions as possible

I just have to be sure to try to stay clear of the bumps and do my best. We can do this girls, I have faith. Dust those shoulder's off and start a new beginning. We are changing our lives one decision at a time!
mlholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:50 PM   #26  
Chubby Bookworm

S/C/G: 155/ticker/125

Height: 5'7"

I didn't realize it's April already! haha... here to report a loss - 1lb down! This marks my first 10 lbs gone so far , I'm 1/3 of the way there! My April weight loss goal is to lose another 5 lbs - I think I can do it!
Rockie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:19 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hey guys! I'll join in on this one too. I met my March goal early and ended up actually losing a total of almost 19 pounds that month!! I'm going to strive for 16.6 this month. I am currently at 286.6 so that will bring me to my next mini goal of 270. Since I've started this journey on Jan 24,2007, I've lost 40.4 pounds and have lost anywhere from 2-7 pounds per week, so I know I can do it. I weigh on Sundays, so my weigh in schedule will be as follows:

April 8
April 15
April 22
April 29
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:03 PM   #28  

rockieeeeee, congrats on hitting the 10 lb. mark!

bobsgal! congratulations to you as well. : ) wow! what an inspiration! go girl! DO keep us posted on those losses ladies, it is so inspiring. Keep up the awesome work!

I hope you all had a great day today, the first day of our new month. All went well here and I had plenty to write but I am consumed at the moment with the new news releases. Any of you with pets or people you know with pets, please check out my thread under the support forum in the general chatter section. I just updated myself a bit ago, so I am still reeling a bit, Ill come back later tonight or tomorrow when I have calmed down.

Madi, that sounds awesome! : ) way to go! I'll have to check out the mag, it was one of my fav's for a long time. I always loved reading the success storeis, etc. I think it is fantastic that have you banded with a few other girls on your mission! THat is super!!!!!!!! keep it rocking.

I wish you all a great night, be back tomorrow probably when I am more calm... Ladies, we awake to a new day tomorrow! Let's make it a great one. Tomorrow night for dinner I am having roast chicken from shaws (white meat), a serving of butternut squash, and a tomato salad! yup! lol Will tell you more tomorrow, stay strong everyone....we can and will do this!
Old 04-02-2007, 02:43 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 179/179/130

Height: 5'4"

Default April Challenge

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site. I plan on starting the South Beach Diet. My goals are to loss 45 lbs. But my month goal will be 10 lbs. I need to be held accountable for my weight, and hope this will do the trick.
Goals:
-loss 10 lbs this month
-weigh in on Sundays
I think small goals will work for now, I hope to add exercise 3-4 x a week.
I work nights and have small children at home. Anyone with advice on how to cope, feel free to pass it on.
Thanks,
Lis
SEXYMOM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #30  
banruf

S/C/G: 220/220/135

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone:
I hope everyone had a great binge free weekend! I did okay eating wise but I had some great work outs. I alos threw out some of the bags things in my cabintes that temp me. My husband however, keeps a large snack cabinet and insists that it stay there. I will have to figure out a place to put that stuff so it is out of sight out of mind. I love him very much but sometimes he is worse with snack in the house than if we actually had kids.

I hope everyone has a great Monday.
Toni
banruf is offline   Reply With Quote