Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 12:10 AM   #556  
Twilight Nov. 21st '08

S/C/G: 386/363/150

Height: 5'7

Screen Name:ChristinaGetsFit

Age/Age Range:37

Family Life:Single Mom

Hobbies and Interests:Reading, Music, Movies, Too much TV,Video games and anything computer related

Favorite Music:So many different types that I love, I don't do much bluegrass though.

Favorite Color(s):Purple, Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Swimming

What are your fitness/health goals? I really want to be healthy and strong. I hate feeling weak and helpless. I want to be able to run again.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I have known I needed to do this, but this past summer I really let myself go and almost hot the 400lbs mark. I was physically exhausted from doing the daily activities and I couldn't go on like that.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Believing in myself that I am worth the time and effort it takes to make a difference in mine and my son's life.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Drink more water, move more, stop eating so late at night.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Hmmm, my mom. I have actually surpassed her now in the weight area. It's very sad, but that will change.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Any type of dress that's cute and form fitting. Also, maybe some sleeveless shirts if I can get my arms too look good.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:13 AM   #557  

S/C/G: 194/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Screen Name:jyvonne27

Age/Age Range:23

Family Life:single

Hobbies and Interests:reading, music, kids

Favorite Music:r&b

Favorite Color(s)ink

Favorite Exercise/Workoutsilates

What are your fitness/health goals?lose about 70 lbs, tone and be a runner

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? starting over after a divorce

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? finding the right amount of calories for me

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? eating more protein, regular exercise and getting veggies in each day

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :me now

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a bikini
Old 08-31-2008, 09:16 AM   #558  

Height: 5'3"

Screen Name: canadianwoman

Age/Age Range: 46

Family Life: single, mom of 2 adult sons and grandmother to an 18 month old grandson

Occupation: SAHM and hoping to go to college this fall. I want to get my highschool diploma and then go into a Pharmacy Technician course.

Hobbies and Interests: reading, swimming, birdwatching, music, cooking

Favorite Music: Anything except country, rap and hip hop.

Favorite Color(s): red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: swimming and my Richard Simmons dvd

What are your fitness/health goals? to lose weight

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? my health is suffering due to my weight

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? trying not to overeat

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? drinking more water, exercising daily and making sure I have the proper foods in the house

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
myself when I was 19

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? cute little exercise outfits
Old 08-31-2008, 01:12 PM   #559  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Screen Name: Chele615

Age/Age Range: 29

Family Life: Single, still live at home with my parents. Sometimes I feel like I should be out on my own, but it's a big house, my parents have a better social life than I do (so it's sometimes like I have the house to myself), and I live 1/2 a mile away from work...so the commute is awesome! haha I have an older brother and younger sister and two nieces and a nephew who I love to spoil!! My nieces are 3.5 and 1 and my nephew is 17 days old!!

Hobbies and Interests: Watching figure skating, traveling, reading, shopping, working with kids, anything Canada related, movies, music

Favorite Music: Rascal Flatts, New Kids on the Block, Blue Rodeo, Barenaked Ladies, Celine Dion, Faith Hill, Jo Dee Messina, Fergie, Anna Nalick, Maroon 5, Clay Aiken, Billy Joel, Beatles....anything really!

Favorite Color(s): Purple and red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking, exercise bike, Sweating to the Oldies dvd's

What are your fitness/health goals? To make it out of the 200 weight range, to lower my chances of developing diabetes since it runs in my family

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? The school where I work had a Biggest Loser challenge this past spring and I joined mainly because one of the teachers I work closely with was the one in charge. It really got me motivated through the weeks though once I started seeing a difference and could buy shirts in a smaller size. Now, I want to be able to be fully happy with myself and hopefully build up some self-confidence.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Staying on task and not letting myself get disappointed with progress or lack thereof.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? More cardio, focus on healthy snacks, eating out

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? LOL....a friend of mine who is also going through her own weight-loss journey. Is that bad? LOL

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Cute sleeveless dresses, and a lululemon hooded sweatshirt....that is my goal prize! haha They only go up to a size 12 (that runs small), and I have always wanted one, but obviously can't fit into it yet! haha

Last edited by Chele615; 08-31-2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: haha...I missed a word and it was bugging me!
Old 09-02-2008, 05:43 AM   #560  
Rah Rah Red Team!

S/C/G: 188/181/135

Height: 5'7"

Screen Name: LakeEffectKid (Hi, I'm Amber)

Age/Age Range: 21

Family Life:
Living like a mooch with my dad.

Hobbies and Interests:
Music! reading, writing, Photoshop, dancing, painting, sculpting, and coffee. Coffee is a hobby.

Favorite Music: Almost anything except any country recorded after the 60's. Most synthetic pop is pretty irritating too. I'm a big punk, pogo, prog, industrial, and folk fan.

Favorite Color(s): Purples, blues, rich mahoganies, anything decadent.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
Dancing. Oh yea.

What are your fitness/health goals?
I don't want to feel like I am 40 (an unfit 40!) while I'm in my early twenties. That has got to stop.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
I wouldn't say it was a specific epiphany, but I came home to California from Louisiana and I realized that my friends weren't familiar with me being 'that sweet, chubby girl who does the paperwork'. I don't want them to get familiar with me like this.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?

Snacking and I have trouble accepting that liquid calories are still calories.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
I need to be more mindful of what I drink.
I need to remember that sore muscles are not a punishment, but a reward.
I need to stop eating in front of the television!

Evilly? A certain hussie that enjoys distracting the boy toy.
Not Evilly? Scarlett Johansen.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
Any of the 2 dozen pairs of jeans I came home to (which promptly looked at me is disbelief and said, 'Nuh-uh').
Old 09-02-2008, 08:42 AM   #561  

S/C/G: 214/210.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Screen Name: Chemgirl22

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: Single and I live alone. Rest of my immediate family is in MI and I live in FL. On my mother's side of the family all the women are severely overweight except my mom and grandmother.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, shopping, trying new restaurants with my dinner group, visiting museums, travelling.

Favorite Music: Hip-hop, R&B, Neo-soul

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: The Firm dvd's, yoga, interval training on the treadmill.

What are your fitness/health goals? My short-term goal is to make it to 199, which is a 15 pound loss. My long-term goal is to get to 140-145.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Last year I got fed up and went to WW that same night. I did well on the program and lost 20 pounds, but then I left and gained it all back. What got me really fed up this last time is the fact that I know what to do, how to eat and exercise, but I've just been lazy, so I have no one to blame but myself. So now I'm putting all the things I've learned into practice.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Getting motivated and getting into a routine. The first few days are always the hardest, especially when it comes to exercise, but once I get in a routine I'm good.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Avoiding unhealthy foods at work, more exercise, and portion control when it comes to eating out.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My grad school friends! A lot of them haven't seen me in a while, and I want to be smaller than the last time they saw me.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A two-piece swim suit! I've never worn one, even when I was 130 pounds, cause even back then I thought I was too big!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:21 PM   #562  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Screen Name: AngelMae

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: Live with my Bf of 4 years and our 2 yr old son. And my pitbull Kitana.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, shopping, being outside.

Favorite Music: Rock

Favorite Color(s): Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: The biggest loser workout, walking outside.

What are your fitness/health goals? To be a good example for my son and be healthy

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Realizing that after I lost 36 lbs on WW that I had gained 48 back!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Getting into a routine and putting myself first for an hour a day.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Not eating out as much, avoiding sweets and drinking more water.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? A "friend"!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Shorts
Old 09-02-2008, 02:26 PM   #563  
Workin' It

Default Been here almost two months and never did an intro profile...

Screen Name: Shannon in ATL, real name Shannon
Family Life: Married almost two years, 3 year old stepson
Hobbies & Interest: Reading, sci-fi & fantasy, lately, exercise
Favorite Music: I like a lot of different music - right now I'm listening to the Broadway Soundtracks playlist on my iPod, I also have metal, jazz, classical, 80's, country (I like the older stuff - Hank Sr., Gene Pitney, some of the more lyrical new stuff), hairband, and alternative playlists - so I'm a melting pot of music.
Favorite Color: I have no idea... Red I guess?
Favorite Exercise/Workout: Elliptical trainer, yoga - I like it, but it doesn't like me all the time.
What was the trigger incident that told me I needed to lose weight and get fit?: Out of breath carrying my laptop bag up the short flight of stairs to my office. Also, I competitive and my SIL went on a diet...
What do I struggle with the most?: 1) my OCD tendency to obsess about a specific topic until I beat it to death and give up 2) That same OCD tendency cutting my calories too low on a given day 3) not having a brownie, apple pie or onion rings every day when I go downstairs for lunch... (My office is upstairs in one of our restaurants... It is getting easier every day though...)
(Evil Motivation) Who do I want to look better than?: The previously mentioned SIL... Who is absolutely beautiful, by the way, so I'm not holding a lot of hope there...
What can I not wait to wear when I am at goal weight or size?: cute tops, bathing suit, the dress DH bought me for my birthday...
Old 09-02-2008, 02:31 PM   #564  
Workin' It

Forgot one, well actually, combined two...

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise I need to improve:
1) sodium intake
2) varying the exercises I do so I don't get accustomed to them
3) varying my meals - I eat the same thing most all the time - easier to control that way, but somewhat boring...
Old 09-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #565  

S/C/G: 200/190/150

Screen Name: its4me

Age/Age Range: 49

Family Life: Married/empty nester

Hobbies and Interests:

Favorite Music: Blues, Jazz, Pop

Favorite Color(s): Pink, Yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Treadmill

What are your fitness/health goals? to lose weight and become more active and feel better.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I am a new empty nester and it is time that I start taking better care of myself

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Control

Putting myself first
Drinking more Water
Control portion

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : myself now

Heels
Sundress
Old 09-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #566  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Screen Name: MonteCristo

Age/Age Range: 22

Family Life: Single, living with parents and 8 younger siblings

Hobbies and Interests: Crochet, Movies, Running

Favorite Music: Oldies, Country & Western (the real stuff)

Favorite Color(s): IDK, most anything dark (fall colors)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Treadmill

What are your fitness/health goals? To pass the FBI fitness exam with flying colors, plus be able to wear whatever I want

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I decided to apply for a Special Agent position in the FBI

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I really dislike sweating, so exercise was something I avoided at all cost.

More Vegetables
Added strength training

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Who looks better than me???

Hmm, I'll just have to wait and see......
Old 09-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #567  

S/C/G: 185.0/185/140lbs

Height: 5;4

Hi
I've been bouncing around this site for months. I finally started my diet today. Better late then never right? Anyway, I've looked at most of the diets and came to the conclusion that cals and exercise count. Eat less move more = wt loss. So here I am.

Thanks,
Kelly
Old 09-10-2008, 09:54 PM   #568  

S/C/G: 185.0/185/140lbs

Height: 5;4

Screen Name:

Kelly46 or just Kelly

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:

single with two grown children and one grandchild.

Hobbies and Interests:

Photography, yard work, reading

Favorite Music:

Rock/blues/jazz

Favorite Color(s):

Yellow/black/brown

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:

exercise with jackie. It's a one on one weight video. Once a day. Treadmill an hour a day.

What are your fitness/health goals?

Lose 30-40 lbs and just feel "good" again.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?

Trying to get a new pair of jeans. Then the weigh in at the Docs.

I get rushed. I want it to move along faster then I get bored. Also sugars.

Diet:Learn to eat healthy /exercise make time for myself and just do it/

My coworker (bad me)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size

My thin jeans size 7's.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:32 AM   #569  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Red face Better late than never...

Screen Name: rainbowstripe

Age/Age Range:
coming up 22!

Family Life:
Live with my parents, sister, her fiancee on occasion and sometimes my lovely boyfriend.

Part-time retail, part-time art-student, full-time artist and dreamer

Hobbies and Interests:
art of course, film, music, gaming, reading, spending time with friends and family

Favorite Music:
anything good! indie, pop, rock.. i have varying tastes

Favorite Color(s):purple, pink, green and black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:mini-trampoline work-out!

What are your fitness/health goals? To be generally more fit, definitely to lose weight and get smaller - I'm already short, I'd like to be truely petite!

Realising I'd put on nearly 20kg (40ish pounds) without even noticing. Noticing my jeans get tighter and tighter. Knowing that I want to be able to walk around Italy when I go and not get overly tired!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating good foods - my family is constantly living on takeaways, so it's hard to change my eating habits around them, particularly when there isn't always fresh food to cook.
My weakness for french fries is also troubling

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?Probably working out for longer each day, not eating empty calories, and not weighing myself so often!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : This is extremelyevil - but my sister. She said she do it with me and she hasn't made even an inch of effort to change her eating habits or exercise even half of the amount I am. I want to prove to her that I'm not doing it all for nothing!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?Sexy lingerie - be proud to be half naked! Also just something as simple as jeans and a tshirt and feel comfortable in them.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:45 AM   #570  
Cynicism and Smilies

S/C/G: 245/237/145

Screen Name: Flabbyblue

Age/Age Range: 23

Family Life: Living with SO, no kids, one psychotic cat.

Hobbies and Interests: Public speaking, reading,

Favorite Music:I'm a country girl

Favorite Color(s):Green, yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Elliptical and long long long walks

What are your fitness/health goals?A healthy bmi, a loss of 100 pounds, and to have the energy level a 23 year old should.

It was really a normal day...it just hit me. Finally. Just because you look somewhat good for a "fat girl" doesn't mean you should keep on that way.

Motivation to exercise. It hurts my bewbs

I needed more veggies. I absolutely love fruits, but I was limited largely to peas, corn, and broccoli in the way of vegetables I enjoyed. I also (still) need to stop reaching for takeout menus on nights that Im tired.

My 8th grade self! Even when I was "skinny" I was skinny fat. I want to be toned this time

Skirts for work! I'm so tired of wearing dress slacks. I want the legs to wear cute work clothes, and cute weekend clothes.
Closed Thread