Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 09:10 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 265/185/150

Height: 5'7

Default Introduction

Screen Name: robbielynn (not very original I know)

Age/Age Range: 30

Family Life: Married with 6 children 8 and under

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Running, Singing, Dr. Who

Favorite Music: Contemporary Christian, 90's rock/alternative, really almost anything

Favorite Color(s): pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: running, I love a long slow run

What are your fitness/health goals? run a 10k race with my Hubby in August

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? It was one day when I noticed that my skin on my inner thigh was rubbing raw. I realized that I was actually obese and having problems an obese person would have. I didn't want to live my life disabled and unable to take care of myself.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? my mood

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise/health you need to improve? drink more water, take rest days from running, get better sleep

Who do you want to look better than? : I would just like to be in a group of moms and look normal. I don't want to be the fattest mom anymore.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? no more spanx. I want to be able to wear my clothes without spanx underneath.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:00 PM   #257  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Screen Name mjluva829

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: Single and living w/ parents

Hobbies and Interests:

Favorite Music: Everything

Favorite Color(s): Red and Black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Anything by Jillian Michaels I'm a big fan

What are your fitness/health goals? Be able to run 5 miles cuz I can't even run one

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Just fed up w/ the way I looked and wanted to get healthy and feel more confident in my body

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? depression and givin up. I'm an emotional eater whether I'm stressed or sad

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Portion control, healthier choices, and counting calories

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? The heavy girl I am now

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
Smaller clothes and a bikini for the 1st time ever

Last edited by jmfan317; 05-25-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #258  
Restricting my way down..

S/C/G: 213/ticker/160now150!

Height: 5'4"

Screen Name: Scottiemama

Age/Age Range:mid 30s

Family Life: Happily single, hooman slave to a Scottie, foster mama to rescue Scotties

Occupation: self-employed and in spare time, board member & paper pusher for the rescue I foster for.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, knitting, rubber stamping cards, scrapbooking, sewing, swimming

Favorite Music: Top 40, country, rock, jazz, big band

Favorite Color(s): orange, red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking, swimming, weight lifting

What are your fitness/health goals? walk a marathon

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Tired of clothes fitting me oddly & I see flabby underarms!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Not feeling full enough. It's taken a few months for me to figure out I can feel full while counting calories and eating GOOD food, not packaged foods.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
more weight lifting, longer walks in rainy weather, having foods available for snacking

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Me right now.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? sleeveless shirts
Old 06-20-2011, 06:16 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 226.5/226.5/137

This is my first post ever so I hope it turns out ok.

Screen Name: GoodnessGracious

Age/Age Range: 30-something

Family Life: engaged

Hobbies and Interests: reading, internet surfing

Favorite Music: Show Tunes

Favorite Color(s): Pink, Purple, Yellow (happy colors)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Pilates

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose weight and be able to run a whole 5k

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to loseweight and become more fit? None of my clothes fit properly and I refuse to spend money on a new wardrobe

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Sticking to it

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My current self

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My old size 10 Gap jeans that are still in my dresser
Old 06-20-2011, 12:14 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/135

Height: 5' 3.5"

Screen- H82sweat
Age/Age Range:mid 40s
Family Life:happily married for 23 years, 5 kids, 1 grandchild
Hobbies and Interests:reading, gardening, dogs
Favorite Music:rock in all its variations
Favorite Color(s): yellow
Favorite Exercise/Workouts:swimming, walking, biking learning to like running
What are your fitness/health goals? to keep up on a run with my daughter, bonus would be to do that and not sound like a freight train doing it
What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? A really bad picture reminded me that I have got to get this weight off!
What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Avoiding the bad choices that are always in my house thanks to teenagers and a naturally thin husband with bad dietary habits
What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to improve balance, flexibility and strength
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : all other women but since I can't do that, I'll settle for being a 40 something that gets referred to as a MILF
What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? really cute jeans and a tank top and/or a fitted black sheath
Old 06-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 193/186/145

Height: 68''

Red face Introductions

Screen Name: Sierrahearts

Age/Age Range:Mid 20's

Family Life: Married with a 3 yr old girl !!!!

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, outdoors: hiking, canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing... , kickbox, zumba

Favorite Music: Rock, pop, and Dave Matthews...

Favorite Color(s): Pink, black, gold

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Swimming, kickboxing, and zumba

What are your fitness/health goals? ... Stay healthy and get into my target BMI.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Bridesmaid in a wedding and I had gained 20 lbs... it was a wake up call when the dress was cutting off circulation.=== want to fit back into pre-baby clothes!!!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? CRAVINGS and STRESS- When I get tired I don't even think about what I am putting in my mouth and then its just a downward spiral of "might as well eat... since I already ate ... today"...

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Slow down while eating, smaller portion sizes, and a regular diet routine.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My best friend.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A CUT OUT SINGLE PEICE BATHING SUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Screen Name: AnonymouslyYours

Age/Age Range: 24 in July

Family Life: I've had a serious BF for 5 years, he's moving away to do graduate school, I'm thinking we will break up but stay close. So, complicated?

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Video Games, Math

Favorite Music: Ke$ha, Lady GaGa

Favorite Color(s): Pink, black, silver

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Couch to 5k/Running, Weight Lifting

What are your fitness/health goals? Get to a healthy weight range and stay there. I'd also like to be able to run a 10k.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? No particular incident. My best friend's wedding is in October, so I'd like to lose some weight before then. I stumbled across this website about a month ago, though, and it made me realize that sooner or later I had to take that first step and get started, and so here I am!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Patience. I know it takes a long time, but I just want it to go so fast!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Eat slower, eat more fruits/vegetables, don't eat unless I'm hungry

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : the other bridesmaids in the aforementioned wedding

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Really short shorts, a vest with nothing underneath it, and some red cowboy boots hahaha

Last edited by AnonymouslyYours; 06-23-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #263  

S/C/G: 213/ticker!/126

Height: 5 foot and no inches!!!

Screen Name: MysticalCrayon

Age/Age Range: 20 -21 in 2 weeks

Family Life: Been with gorgeous boy for nearly 5 years

Hobbies and Interests: I like reading, bit of a computer geek and sadly addicted to Farmville :P

Favorite Music: Everything! From heavy metal and screaming to disney singalongs!

Favorite Color(s): PINK, purple, blue, green, orange, silver, black etc etc etc..changes daily.. today it is PINK!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I enjoy Yogalates, anything where i can dance around, and gentle walks

What are your fitness/health goals? To be a 'healthy' weight for my height for the first time ever (well that I can remember) and to be able to walk down the street without gasping for breath

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? 10 years of being unhappy with my weight and appearance, thin mother and sister, constant comments from grandmother just made me think RIGHT! This time is the last time...

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Boredom eating and impatience - being too scared to go outside in case someone laughs and calls me fat, umm, getting down on myself when i realise how much i have to lose and feeling like i wanna give up..and probably more :P

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1. Getting off my wobbly bum and realising how good it feels after a workout 2. Learning to make the right choices and when to say no to cravings etc and 3.Learn to distinguish between REAL hunger and " oh i'm bbored, sad, nervous" hunger.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself in all of those unflattering pictures (and secretly and evily...my sister mwahahaha) OH and i totally want Gaga's body!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? OH MY WORD! there is so much i can't even say..just basically everything i have been too fat to wear..anything that is not black hoodie and dirty holey old sweats

Last edited by mysticalcrayon; 06-23-2011 at 10:19 AM. Reason: adding stuff
Old 06-23-2011, 10:14 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 258/258/160

Height: 5'7"

Screen Anne D

Age/Age Range:mid 40s

Family Life: Single

Hobbies and Interests:Cooking, Reading, Travel

Favorite Music:Rock, Alternative

Favorite Color(s): Blue and Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Yoga

What are your fitness/health goals? healthy weight for my height. for my ankles not to hurt anymore.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose tired of feeling sick and tired

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? depression

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? better choices, smaller portions, more movement

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: my best friend

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? bathing suit and shorts
Old 06-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 148/134/125

Screen Name: graterandy

Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: live with family

Hobbies and Interests: music, literature, the internet.

Favorite Music: 90s britpop, 77 punk, david bowie

Favorite Color(s): orange

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: at the moment, jumping rope

What are your fitness/health goals? 1. run real fast 2. be slim

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I want to look swamped in oversize grunge-type clothing.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? caloric cheating

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? more fibre, more cardio, less lazy internet time

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Kate Moss. the moment you reach your motivation is the moment you stop working hard.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I'll probably stick to jeans and t-shirts.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Screenname: tdiprincess

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life:happily married for 4 years

Hobbies and Interests: photography, cooking and gardening

Favorite Music: large variety. Eclectic

Favorite Color(s): GREEN, pink, turquoise

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: jogging, but my joints don't allow it yet, so biking. and planks..i hate them but love them all at the same time!

What are your fitness/health goals? bike at 13-15mph. Jog a 9min mile, eventually, once my joints are stronger. Otherwise, keep eating healthy and get down to 140.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Tired of buying bigger clothes. I originally started out at 200 when I was 19. I had gotten down to 150. I was starting to climb back up. I feared going back to where I was. I refuse to do that if I can help it.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Right now it is my joint pain that slows me down a bit. So patience. Also sticking to eating healthy. To view this as a life change not a fad-diet. We all eat a diet, whether it's healthy or not.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? working on strength training, especially in my legs. Being balanced and not getting obsessive about weighing my food, keep changing things up so my body and mind doesn't get bored.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: my mother-in-law LOL.. She weighs around 130. But I am a couple inches taller than her so 140 should do it :P..shhh!!! Don't tell

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I have a few pairs of jeans that I used to fit in. A couple of skirts and some jackets. So I guess my old clothes from the last year or 2 that I just loved too much to give back to the goodwill.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #267  
mya

Screenname: mya

Age/Age Range: 21

Family Life: single, living with my mom

Hobbies and Interests: cooking, music and anything geeky

Favorite Music: rock

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: boxing

What are your fitness/health goals? weight 132 lb, run a 5k.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When my weight in kilos reached 3 digits and buying clothes became a nightmare.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? My mindless eating and the usual lack of consistency on working out.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Always counting calories, exercising more frequently and harder.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My sister! She's as tall as me and weights around 145 lb.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Shorts and mini skirts. I'm a pear and my thighs are huge, I don't show any skin above the knee.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #268  

S/C/G: 340/328/180

Height: 5'5

Screen Name: adoreclaire

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life:living with my awesome Boston breed boyfriend

Hobbies and Interests: shopping, dining out, gym, reading

Favorite Music:r&b

Favorite Color(s): pink =D

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: elliptical, arc trainer

What are your fitness/health goals? to be a size 7/8, and run 1 mile straight.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? when i was in a pair of pants that used a clasp to close them, and i wore them to the store and the clasp broke. They fit fine 3 weeks prior to that.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? overeating.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? smaller portions, less processed foods, when to stop eating.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? sleeveless top
Old 07-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #269  

S/C/G: 209/197/145

Height: 5'2"

Default Intros

Screen Name: Badgirl
Age Range: 39
Family Status: Married w/ two children
Hobbies: Reading, hanging out with hubby/friends
Fav Tunes: Pop/Alternative
Fav Color: Black/Red
Fav Exercise: Treadmill, Jillian Michael's DVD's
Fitness Goal: Want to be able to exercise everyday and build stamina
Want to be able to fit into single digit clothes
Trigger: As soon as people start noticing my weight loss, I totally
sabotage myself and gain weight at an amazingly fast rate!
Sick and tired of this cycle. After losing almost 40 lbs, I have
put almost 15 lbs back on again in about 4 weeks.
Struggles: Binging and overeating. No self control.
Improvement Areas? Gaining self control, trying to eat throughout the day
What can I not wait to wear? Skirts.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #270  
89lbs going, going...

S/C/G: 221/221/145

Height: 5'6"

Screen Name: chubbycanuck

Age/Age Range: 27

Family Life: Live with BF

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Dancing, Music, Theatre, Hiking

Favorite Music: Almost everything

Favorite Color(s): Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Dance, Hiking, anything that doesn't feel like the gym

What are your fitness/health goals? To shed 89lbs and be able to hike without feeling puffed out.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My Doctor telling me I need to lose weight before I try to have children.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Stress, family and friends who try to "help".

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Getting off the starve/ binge cycle

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Everyone mwhahaha!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My Canucks t-shirt.
Closed Thread