The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 04-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #436  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

They usually do makeovers when there's 6 or so people left.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:46 PM   #437  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnamadonna1013 View Post
Ok, I did not expect that at all. I was so disappointed with the girls when they picked massages over their trainer. Get a massage at home!

After seeing the post on the other forum about one member meeting the contestants who went home, including Courtney, I thought for sure it would be her. I'm happy that it's not but I was not expecting Jen.
Why did you tell us about Courtney going home? That ruins the fun of guessing who goes home every week. This was always a spoiler free thread in the past.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:48 PM   #438  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelslady View Post
Why did you tell us about Courtney going home? That ruins the fun of guessing who goes home every week. This was always a spoiler free thread in the past.
Don't worry, she's not spoiling it! I read the other thread and Courtney was at the meeting so the sentence was implying that a lady on 3FC met contestants that went home already PLUS courtney.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:50 PM   #439  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
when is makeover week? I hope Courtney and Kaylee make it till then... you can tell they are really pretty, a makeover would really bring that out even more.
Yep, and Austin seriously needs a haircut!
Old 04-03-2011, 11:02 PM   #440  
Going down, my way!

I said somewhere in this thread earlier that Marci not fighting for her spot and stepping aside for "one of the kids" was a baaaaaad idea. It is just teaching Courtney to do the same, and look what happened this week. Although, truly, I feel that she should be PROUD that she still lost two pounds off the ranch on her own. What was so shameful about her and Jen's two pounds or 0 pounds loss? Jen didn't exactly gain weight, she maintained it at least. I know that they may have made the mistake of not having Brett there, but maybe, just maybe, they don't care for him? Perhaps if it had been Jillian or Bob, they would have at least picked one day.

Back to Marci and Courtney- when Marci kept trying to leave, she did it to appease the kids anxieties. She didn't think of herself or maybe sticking around to support her daughter a little while longer. All she did was try to step aside for the kids, practically guilted the other adults into doing the same, and now Courtney steps aside just like her, to appease Jen so she could get her massages and dinner out. Not to say that those are bad things to enjoy in life, but you didn't sign up for the BL to get massages or dinners out, you signed up to lose weight.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:18 PM   #441  
Going down, my way!

As far as Kaylee goes, I do have to wonder if maybe, just maybe, Justin and Rulon may have intimidated her into wanting to go home. She is a young girl, and was has been with mostly all men for the last few weeks in terms of teams. Maybe it's wearing down on her, emotionally, not being really in with the rest of the girls from the former ranch team. I also think that she would have done a little better with Jillian than Cara. Cara seems sometimes too sickening sweet, in spite of her yelling, whereas Jillian would set her straight and make her think about herself for a change.

I also wonder if she likes all the boxing Cara makes her do. She may not be the fighting type- when Cara made her fight that time, even though Kaylee said she was proud of herself, when I watched her on that interview afterwards, to me, it looked like she felt forced into saying she felt good about herself and that she knew she really was a fighter deep down. I just don't think that she is really into all the fighting stuff. Her father, on the other hand, enjoys it. Perhaps she feels conflicted about it, and doesn't know how to speak up and say that she really doesn't want to do it? To me, she just seems intimidated by her teammates and doesn't seem to enjoy being there. I wonder if things would be different for her if she had started out with Jillian and Bob in the beginning and not Cara and Brett?
Old 04-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #442  

Height: 5'5

Quote:
she met some that had gone home and others that hadn't gone home. She wasn't allowed to take pics of the ones who hadn't yet. We still have no idea who makes it to the end because they are all home by now..
Old 04-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #443  

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
Yep, and Austin seriously needs a haircut!
I hope all three make it to makeover so we can see them lose all that freaking hair
Old 04-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #444  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

I just wanted to say thanks for clarifying the whole Kourtney going home. I was a little disappointed when someone said she had gone home and assumed that she was voted off. Never even occurred to me that the show is over and they are at home now doing it on their own.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #445  

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Dont worry. I dont have any spoilers. I wish I did.

Team Courtney!
Old 04-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #446  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Just to clear things up...I did get to meet Courtney, but I have no idea why she was home. Do they get to go home for some reason? Did she make final 4? Who knows?? I didn't reveal where she is at with her weight loss, which provides a clue...Sorry if anyone feels like I spoiled anything. BTW - I did get to take pictures of me & Courtney - I just can't post them!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #447  

Height: 5'3

Um boo. I'm super disappointed. I kind of feel like I shouldn't support this show anymore because they send all the ones who really need to be there home. Courtney tried so hard every week. She never threw a weigh in. Yet she's going home and Kaylee is staying and going to New Zealand. I'm in a huge funk right now.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:59 PM   #448  

After tonight's show I have a very serious case of shoe envey. I literly lust for Hanna's shoes, I know they would look much better on my feet than they do on hers.

Also I wonder if Courtney would have done much better if she had been on Jillian or Bob's team. Brett isn't looking good as a trainer, and I bet the green team is going to be the next one's to go.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:22 AM   #449  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette k View Post
After tonight's show I have a very serious case of shoe envey. I literly lust for Hanna's shoes, I know they would look much better on my feet than they do on hers.

Also I wonder if Courtney would have done much better if she had been on Jillian or Bob's team. Brett isn't looking good as a trainer, and I bet the green team is going to be the next one's to go.
I agree. I don't think his idea of upping her calories and lowering her burn was the greatest tactic for a week when she needed to lose a good amount of weight. I could see doing one or the other but not both. So sorry to see her go. I was hoping she would win the whole thing. Has anyone else noticed that Irene is really never in the spotlight. Just realized last night her name was Irene! lol!! Can't really say I have a favorite now that Courtney is gone. I kind of like Moses but don't know if I want him to win.

For the first time last night I saw a side of Hannah that I actually liked. Made me realize maybe a lot of that outspokenness and bad attitude is a front to hide a lot of insecurities. kwim?

Last edited by maryshady; 04-06-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:01 AM   #450  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I agree about Hannah. I think she fell into that "I'm big so I have to have a bigger personality" thing that I've seen many of my friends do. It may take a while to break it. I actually like Hannah and her sister a lot.