The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 03-30-2011, 10:22 AM   #421  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I got a kick out of how Moses tried to cover for Kaylee after she tried to throw the last weigh-in by saying that she was ready to go because she was "tired of the game play."

Um...so she went into full game play mode because she was tired of the game play? Sorry...not buying it.

Seems like she decided she wanted to be there though, so that's a good thing at least.

Also agree that it was cruel to bring the white team in.

Lots of people really close to goal already. I'm betting Rulon wins it all, clandestine eating or not.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #422  

Height: 5'5

yeah some of them seem really thin for how much longer the game is going.

The one that went home though she hasn't lost much since she left the ranch at all.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:40 AM   #423  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

I just wanted Moses to shut up last night. When he said Kaylee was tired of all the game playing **eyes rolling** I screamed at the tv. From what the producers allow us to see, there doesn't seem to be much game playing going on to me. At least not like some of the last seasons.

I thought the whole white team was a big waste of time and so unfair. How can they expect someone at home to do the same thing as the players on the ranch? I felt really bad for them. Shame on TBL for putting that out there. Basically they are saying you can't do it at home as good as we can. I just hope the white team doesn't go home and give up.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #424  

S/C/G: 294/286/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnamadonna1013 View Post
After seeing the post on the other forum about one member meeting the contestants who went home, including Courtney, I thought for sure it would be her. I'm happy that it's not but I was not expecting Jen.
What other forum? I would love to read what they have to say.

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #425  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Last night was disappointing. I find that the show is becoming really boring, with not much to watch. I got home from Zumba at the time when they embarked on the Easter egg hunt. How STUPID is that for a challenge? Under the word challenge, I would understand something that tests their physical and emotional limits. But an egg hunt? Puhleeze!
Also, it is annoying to have just the weigh ins go for FORTY minutes. And if I realize that at the same time I am losing two other shows (airing at the same time) that are so dear to me....

I had to laugh when they showed Cara talking about one contestant after he/she weighed in (I can't remember if it was Kaylee?) They make it look like it is filmed at the same time, but somebody forgot to pay attention to the fact that Cara had a bright red lipstick on during the weigh ins and a different one during the comment. I am stickler for such discrepancies in movies.

I was really hoping that either Ken or Austin will be sent home - can't stand either of them - but I would have gladly accepted Rulon as a replacement.
I also think that Jennifer could have had better results after all those weeks on the ranch.

Last edited by Tomato; 03-30-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #426  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraRae View Post
What other forum? I would love to read what they have to say.

Thanks!
Here's the link - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...ason-11-a.html
Old 03-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #427  
focused and aiming

I felt very sorry for the white team for being mislead like that, but at the same time I am proud of them for doing so well with the weightloss.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:23 PM   #428  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

-Yep to the white team thing being cruel. I'm just getting really sick of them doing these games like this. Just let the people come on or not, don't keep stringing them along!!!

-I'm also really wondering who can possibly win this? So many of the women are really, really close to their goal weight. Courtney's not but she also has had the second lowest percentage of weight loss so far, so unless she can figure out some magic ingredient it seems hard to believe that she could catch up to Roulon, Ken, Austin or Moses in terms of percentage lost. It's got to be hard for her because she's lost so much already, even before the show that I'm sure her body is putting up a terrible fight!

-Ugh to Jen and the not wanting the trainer. I've never had a problem with Jen before but after that decision I was glad to see her go. I definitely would've missed my family there but I would've never picked the luxuries over having a trainer!! Courtney now has a lot of pressure to get out of her rut next week...

-Roulon, what are you thinking!?!? As much as he really gets on my nerves sometimes it's clear he's not ready to go home. He's there for the competition and I think Jullian really picked up on something last week. There's a big question mark for me if he'll be able to maintain this weight loss since I'm sure he's doing this now for the competition... what happens when you take that away? It sounds like he really hasn't bothered to do the mental work yet despite all the trainers trying to get him to do it.

-Random question of the day... are the contestants allowed to have things like coffee or chewing gum while on the ranch? Just curious!
Old 03-31-2011, 01:39 AM   #429  
Winning!

S/C/G: 287.8/276.6/142

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
-Random question of the day... are the contestants allowed to have things like coffee or chewing gum while on the ranch? Just curious!
I am sure they are allowed if the gum/coffee was a sponsor

I was happy to see Jen go after what menu items she chose.. I wish Courtney would have spoken up, but hopefully it was a lesson for her, and she will speak up next time she is faced with a situation where she is scared to voice her opinion.

Okay, does anybody else notice how yellow Austins teeth are? For some reason it always stands out to me =/ I hope when they do makeovers they whiten them for him
Old 03-31-2011, 08:52 AM   #430  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

I have read that they have a wide variety of foods at the Ranch, and that they contestants have to take responsibility for choosing the best ones. I'm sure they have gum and coffee, especially the gum that they do product placement for.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:30 AM   #431  

Height: 5'5

well if roulan is getting chips they must have a variety of foods there.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #432  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

As much as I think what Jen did was stupid I think she had a good point. They have been doing this for 3 months why haven't they learned how to do a workout on their own especially considering how many hours a day they workout. Just goes to show you how hard losing weight really is. And the fact Countney bowed down and did what she really didn't want to do. I can see the whole time they were making decisions she was not o board with not having a trainer. Yet another example of how being in the real world is so hard. Its almost like BL put some reality into their show.....finally
Old 04-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

I felt bad for the white team also (atleast we know why there was an aqua team and no white team now), would of been nice to give them a week on campus so they could learn some things to help them lose at home.

Wish they would of shown more of what Jen and Courtney were doing that caused them to not lose that much. They've been doing it for 3 months, so I thought they would actually be ok. How many days could they have bought the trainer for? $200 a day, probably the most 2 or 3 days so they would of had to work out on their own the other days anyway... seems like it was an ok decision.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #434  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

I also feel badly for the white team! Its truly not the same doing this at home as it is on campus.

I looked at the cost of BL Ridge in Utah, and i have no idea how others can afford it. It's way beyond me.

I felt badly that Jen left, she made one bad decision, but worked so very hard throughout. I hope she can win the at home prize.

I can't wait to see Dan and Don at the finals. I so hope they did well.

d
Old 04-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #435  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

when is makeover week? I hope Courtney and Kaylee make it till then... you can tell they are really pretty, a makeover would really bring that out even more.