Old 04-26-2007, 03:11 PM   #91  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Afternoon ladies~
Sounds like everyone is doing good. That we're all psyched to do this challenge and know what areas we need to work on.
I got in my WATP 3mile for Abs w/the ab belt this morning. It's raining out so no outdoor walk, yet. I don't like walking with an umbrella while it's thundering, just kinda freaks me out. But when I do outdoor walk the music I like listening to is alternative or metal. My favorite bands are Pantera and Godsmack and you can get quite the walking speed going with those beats.

Chellez ~ your wedding dress is beautiful!! I agree with Choose about the salesgirl obviously doesn't like herself to make such a rude comment. Also your menu looks good.

Alisa~ you're posts crack me up!! Seems like a few of us have had similar thoughts about good ol' Bob.

Tina~ You're doing fantastic!!

BG~ That's great that you and the lady in your class are going to do a challenge together.

Choose~ Good Luck with your review at work.

Well one kiddo just got home, so I better go. I can't tell you all enough how excited and happy I am to be on this team. I know we're going to do awesome together!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 03:21 PM   #92  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Cat you are just like me! Aggressive walkers unite! TY for approving my menu. I'm hoping I loose a lot this week to make up for my scale offage this past week.

By the way everyone...

I just got the go ahead from the Red Team that they want to do the exercise challenge as well. So I'll be working on that tonight and tomorrow so we can start up next week!
Old 04-26-2007, 03:44 PM   #93  
PCOS'er going Low GI

Height: 5'1

Hi ladies.

We have a great group here!

Regarding music while working out: I love Madonna, Britney Spears and Prince for treadmill walks.
They all get me going. I should put together my song list for you all. This is going to sound totally cheesy but I always pretend I am Britney when I listen to her songs and it really gets me motivated to work it!

I actually did my workout this morning so I am feeling great. I did 45 minutes in the fat burning zone heart rate. Tonight we are going out to dinner @ a BUFFET with my DH's family for his birthday. I will have to keep myself in check with all the temptations. I will think of all of you and not letting you down and I will report in tonight when we get back. WISH ME LUCK!
Old 04-26-2007, 04:08 PM   #94  
budding cinephile

*cue the horror music*

A BUFFET!

If its anything like Golden Corral (aka Fat City) I would say stick to large veggie portions and small meat portions. I dont goto buffets often but my weakness is hot bread and Fat City has good hot rolls...

Here I am tempting you...

Just think about that itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini you want to fit into while you are eatting. It works.... I promise!
Old 04-26-2007, 04:18 PM   #95  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Unless I am working out with a DVD/Video, the music list I made for my Step Aerobics is this:

The Humpty Dance- Warm up & Stretching
Gwen stefani- Rich Girl
The Gap Band- Burn Rubber
Tina Marie- Lovergirl
The Gap Band- You dropped a bomb on me
The Stars on 45 medley
Pink- get the party started
Salt-n-Pepper- Push It
Seether- Remedy <------That really gets me going!
Justine Timerlake-track 2, don't know the name of the song.
No Doubt- Hella Good
Justine Timberlake- Bringing Sexy back- My theme song!
Wild Cherry- Play That Funky Music
Salt -n- pepper- Shoop...start slowing down now....Stretches
Average Whit Band- Pick up the pieces- Situps, leg & Butt work, Strecthes...
Old 04-26-2007, 04:46 PM   #96  
Domestic Engineer

Hey everyone! Sounds like everyone is doing awesome! I'm "trying", but I know that's not good enough! Eating wise has just been ok and I haven't gotten back to the workouts yet. I *know* I have to do both (and pretty hardcore) for a loss. One good thing though is my dh has totally started to watch what he's eating and he's been getting on the treadmill in the mornings too, so yay! Usually it's me that's on-track, but he's motivating me to do better this time!

So I commit to getting up and getting a w/o in before the kids go to school in the morning. I'll be back to report
Old 04-26-2007, 04:56 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 283/273/180

Height: 5'7

Default The more you move The less you'll jiggle

ok so i havent had time to make a playlist of anykind but I did peek at what Ive got in my workout file on my computer.... so this is a HUGE mix..... what can i say I LLLOOOVVEEEE allllllllllll kinds of music so theres a little bit of everything for everyone in here ....... so heres a taste of what i shake my groove thang to

Pat Benetar- I am the warrior / love is a battlefield
Daft Punk- harder, better, faster, stronger *love this one*
Sponge- plowed
Tom Jones- Its not unusual
ABBA- gimme gimme gimme
Disturbed- the game
Suicide Machines- Never Promised you a rose garden
Anggun- Surviour
Jamiroquai- virtual insanity/ just dance/canned heat
beastie boys- body movin
fatboy slim- weapon of choice
muse- stockholm syndrome
k-os- born to run
Europe- final countdown (what can i say i was raised in an athletic home so this was always a pump up song)
Fort minor- remember the name
the waitresses- i know what boys like
Sarah McLachlan- has a techno cd out that is FABU!
Prince- little red corvette
Whitney houston- how will i know
Ben Folds- underground
streetlight manifesto- pretty much everything *they are a ska band*
Bjork- hyperballad/ human behavior
James Brown- Super Bad/ the payback
Elvis- devil in disguise
Stevie Wonder- part time lover/ superstition
Harry Belefonte- shake shake shake senora
Karate Kid soundtrack- your the best around
Rocky IV- training montage *shut up* listen to it and tell me you dont want to grow a beard and live in the Ukraine in a small unheated shed and workout all the time..... I dare you.

so have to go pick up the kiddo but I will try to bring some order to my next list.... so i'll check in later
Old 04-26-2007, 07:46 PM   #98  
budding cinephile

Just finished dinner and now I'm off to find something to do. Something to not eat dessert yet!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:09 PM   #99  
budding cinephile

Well I found something to do! I started a 3FC blog.... so anytime you want to get in on my inner thoughts check it out.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:34 PM   #100  
PCOS'er going Low GI

Height: 5'1

Ok - back from buffet. It's called "Tuckers Marketplace" - Canadians will be familiar with it - or maybe just Ontario folks.
Didn't do too badly actually. Just probably ate a couple more calories than I should have but they were all of good foods - no bread or dessert, lots of veggies and protein - they had wild rice salad and butternut squash so that was my starchies! I wanted to maul the brownie but thought better of it!

I'm going to stay up for a while, maybe clean the kitchen to burn some extra calories.

Back on track tomorrow!!!

Have a good night ladies!!
Old 04-26-2007, 10:10 PM   #101  
consistent

S/C/G: 227.8/216.2/210 challenge goal

Height: 5'7"

Default I know what boys like!

Alisa! (is that right, cartoons?) You are the first person I've met who knows the Waitresses! "I know what boys like...I know what guys want...I know what boys like..." How about Holly and the Italians ...or Josie Cotton and the Convertibles, my favorite is "Johnny are you queer?" Oh, Johnny what's the deal boy, is your love for real boy, when we're out on a date.... I'm going to go find those.

Thanks for all the great music ....Tina thanks for putting WHICH hip hop as I am generally hip hop challenged, and Diva I love the Gap Band "dropped a bomb on me" I also like T Rex "Bang a Gong" (maybe I like noise-related music titles). I'm listening to Cher's 'Farewell Tour' and her Greatest Hits for walking right now; the tour is fun because she chats up the crowd between songs, so it's like watching the show and the walk goes quickly.

I'm training for a 5K on May 6th, Sunday after next YIKES! and tomorrow is my day off. I'm going to look at some of these tunes on line. How about Martina McBride's "Independence Day"...that always makes me want to hammer on something. Or someone.

My review went well, thank you for enquiring. My boss actually told me I'm too hard on myself, and I'm doing great (I'm the team leader for my group). I think I'm just tired of the personalities...someone is always offended or hurt or taking umbrage or blah blah blah. I'm always afraid I'll say the wrong thing. There is no altruism and they need to LIGHTEN UP!!! Plus, they give me vacuous looks when I say things like "altruism." That really irritates me!

OK, I'm better now.

YES! Please let's start an exercise challenge, that will keep me off my buttocks and on my feet!

Must go and find out if Johnny's queer or not.... this group is full of rockers!

xo choosie

chellez --- congrats on that 16 oz down, girl!

Last edited by choosewell; 04-26-2007 at 10:16 PM. Reason: corrected Holly for Josie...
Old 04-26-2007, 10:18 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3.5"

Bugger I had a really awful day today. A scone and pop for breakfast, lean cuisine for lunch (not too bad), french fries and onion rings for supper and then a frapp from StarBucks. What was I thinking?? Yesterday was 1000x's better, I ate well, I exercised, and I cleaned the bathroom, but today I just feel so awful about everything. I'm in a really bad mindset and it's just pulling everything down. I went to bed feeling crap (emotion wise) and I woke up feeling even worse cause I didn't get enough sleep, and I just want to go to bed now.
Sorry I'm such a downer!!! I promise I'm not always like this. Yesterday I just a bad day at work and then after that a really bad fight with my mom, which ended with me feeling absolutely horrible about who I am, and then add not enough sleep to that and you have a fabulous equation for a bad day.
Anyways! Tomorrow is gonna be better. I'm gonna plan out what I'm eating before I go to bed and then tomorrow I'm gonna follow that plan, exercise, and possibly clean some more (at least the shower, which should really be cleaned every other day...it drains really slow so you're left with a bit of scunge on the floor after you shower, and after 3 people shower in it over 2 days it starts to get icky).
I promise a much happier, successful, post tomorrow! Along with a few songs that keep me upbeat when I'm working out. I love that idea for an "obstacle", I'm always looking to find more songs that will keep me going when all I want to do is quit.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:20 AM   #103  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Talking

Yesterday's Activities:

Stretching about 5 to 10
Low impact Aerobics 20
High impact Step Aerobics 30
cooldown & Stretches another 5 to 10

My Shinsplints are hurting so I'm gonna rest today and concentrate on eating within calories. Which has been horrible the past couple of days. Trying to keep it below 1600 or 1500 is really hard when ya have the stress, at least for me it is... We really should have a trained eating disorder person to help us through this emotional eating crap. On the up side, today is a new day and a new chance to get it right!

Choosewell, I am so a rocker, but I like all kinds of music, except Rap and opera, I just don't get that, but anyways...Right now I am working on an ALL Rock songs playlist for my Step Aerobics, because that Seether song REALLY gets me going! I mean I really push throught that song with high kicks and stuff and get that heart rate going! it's fun! I Love a good sweat when working out! I listen to 93.3 (I think) "The Planet online". That's an excellent Rock station out of South Carolina, and that's where I get some good ideas for fast paced songs. Y'all should look it up, if ya like the newer rock. Usually on the weekends they do a 90's throw-back and play that stuff too, which is cool.

I fear weigh in won't be good this week, but thankfully we have 11 more weeks to go!

Old 04-27-2007, 09:37 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

The bad first ...I had 2 bowls of cereal last night and I am up 2 pounds but I weigh on Sundays so I hope if I behave I will be at least at starting weight.

The good I am finally getting good workouts in again. I just didn't have the go to get into them for the past couple of weeks( I needed batteries to see my speed) but this morning I got in 40 mins of free weights and calisthenics , warm up of 3 mins at 2.5 40 min run at 7 and a 17 min walk at 4.5.

I would love and exercise challenge. I am sooooooooo competitive with myself I always try to beat my exercise goal and seem to by a few hundred minutes. I could soooooooooo use the challenge.

BLUE TEAM WILL
Old 04-27-2007, 09:43 AM   #105  
Michelle on LAWL

Height: 5'0"

morning all...

man.. i dunno any of the music you guys listen to.. i'm a country girl (not the twangy stuff.. can't stand that) so when i'm working out its just with whatever music is on the dvd... couldn't tell ya what it was though.. lol

i'm doing take off for the next two days... so hopefully i'll be down a little more than i already am... and i'll prob get lots of water in too... i plan on working out with turbo jam this morning... maybe this afternoon too.

hope you all have a great OP day today... i'll be around.. popping in and out as i'm on days off now.