Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 11:09 AM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile ♥ Christian Encouragers #189 ♥

* WELCOME! *
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support This is a great group who will be
very encouraging, caring and loving...
anyone is welcome to join!

*~*~*

A Servant's Prayer

Jesus, MY Jesus... How marvelous your ways...
Far more splendid than my mind can envision. What an
honor to be chosen by you. A lowly child I am, but empowered
by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have
called me. I give myself totally to you, Lord. Take my imperfect
heart and make it perfect. Peel away the hardness. Close the doors
I have opened to the temptations of this world. Gently remove the
roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears. Discard anything
that separates me from you. Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of
your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love...
To serve as you serve...
To heal as you heal...
To forgive as you forgive...
always mindful of my nothingness while doing
great and marvelous things in you name and for
you glory. This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen

Old 09-03-2004, 11:19 AM   #2  

Smile Link to Last Thread...

Here is the link to the last thread if you need to go back and catch up with the posts (like I DO! ) and see all the wonderful pictures!

I'll be back
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-03-2004, 12:41 PM   #3  

Hello I am sorry I have been gone so long but so much has happen. First I got booted out and couldn't find my password to get back on. And then I have really stressed over my DD she has very large cysts and has to take it easy because they are concerned that one my burst and cause her to lose the baby and they might if that happens remove the ovary. And my mother still isn't doing well I am going to the EMT with her tuesday. My brother is causing her a lot of grief. My uncle who's wife just died of cancer just got told he has cancer. And my Father in law died thurs so we are helping my MIL with that. So please keep my family in your prayers. I will try to catch up and post more latter.

I do keep all of you in my prayers...............
Old 09-03-2004, 12:52 PM   #4  

Red face Whew! Allot of catching to do...

Good Morning CER's!!!

I have sooooooo much to catch up with here --- my goodness gracious !!!!

First off---> *WELCOME* to DALE MARIE
40 is young! I am 47 myself and some days feel very old, but most days I feel pretty darn good
So glad to meet you You don't have your birthday listed would you mind sharing it with us - I like to keep track
It's so good to see you coming back to us - most stop in but do not stay... haven't figured that one out yet

So good to see that you are doing so well on your program for diabetes My father has diabetes too - nothing to fool around with that is for sure. You are doing the right thing... have you tried using Splenda in place of sugar - I am pretty sure you are able to use it with diabetes. Maybe you should call and ask you DR. just to be sure. I love it and use it in all my recipes just to keep sugar out of my diet as much as possible and not give up desserts.

and

*WELCOME* to ohmygreatgrunge & plann2walkonwata
You are so very Welcome here without a doubt, but I thought that you might be interested in checking out a link for the board on 3FatChicks just for teens Here is the LINK---> http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15 in case you are interested. I do hope you will come back and fill us in a bit more about yourselves

Bunna ~ You are so very welcome for the birthday wishes!
Yes! IBS is so very painful and uncomfortable --- very hard to describe the pain, just miserable! Sami knows... she too suffers with IBS as does Gary's daughter. Most who do suffer with it are women.

How are you feeling yourself these days - physically? In the one post from you you were feeling so down & ill and now to have to go to a funeral for your dear friend --- I am so very sorry Bunna... I sure do wish I could come over to visit you and hug it all away (((Hugs))) Don't be away too long, okay I know I sure will miss you!!!!

Michele ~ So happy to hear that you are getting out more and feeling so much better I am so very happy for you --- I hope that all goes well today with your therapy... thinking of you, sweetie!

Gary ~ I am so very sorry to hear of the passing of your friend Joe but now he is content in the hands of our Lord. Do you think he knew the Lord, Gary? I pray he did --- you just never know what goes on between a person and God before death.

Soooooo, you are thinking about moving? Why? Wouldn't you want to just stay there if all is well? Do you have family in those states or is it the change in weather that entices you? Sorry for all the questions - I guess I was baffled as to why you would move from such nice weather

How is school going for Angie? All going well with her new classes? So good to hear how everyone is doing! Sounds like all is flowing as you hoped it would for them.

Yep! I got my office all organized, but now I am in another room working on it and then will move to the next one & so on (yuck!) I hate the process but love the results! I am getting rid of allot of things as I go through the rooms --- simplifying my home. Well... somewhat, I cannot bring myself to get rid of my collectable's yet.

I sure do hope that the IBS Books you ordered for your DD help her! I know that it has been a huge help for me. I have been going through trial and error this last 10 day (a reason why I haven't been here lately)... and it's very painful. If you eat something that causes a flare up it's on the *NO* list till you are well out of danger & then and only then I may have an occasional splurge, but I won't do that till I know I am well under control. Today I am feeling the best I have felt in a very long time!!! My list of *NO's* has really grown! NO DAIRY (ever!) - NO FRIED FOODS - NO COFFEE - NO POP - NO SOY (beans...might be able to later, but not now) - NO CABBAGE - NO SPINACH - LIMITED RED MEATS. I tell you... I have really learned allot from this book!! I was hoping Sami would take a look-see too, but I haven't seen her lately

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all you vacation pictures!!!!! You handsome couple you! You two just look so good together... and like you were having a blast!!! You went at a good time to Williamsburg, VA ---> did you hear of the Tornado that hit???!!!??? It did allot of damage to the homes there and knocked down many trees. To think you guys were just there! !

My goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did your pups do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know that I would have been too pleased with them coming home to such damage, not to mention the mess! Tisk - tisk - tisk

Sue ~ So good to hear that your Bible School went so well for you - you are so awesome with all the work you do!! I am very impressed!! And to hear that you had good weather for your camping trip - wonderful! We have had some really nice weather here!! The trees are beginning to change already --- seems like it too soon. But it's ohhh so pretty! And the temps are wonderful - in the 70's during the day and 40's at night - great for sleeping.

MKAY ~ I am sorry I thought I had posted here how Joe's study went, but then again He is fine and did not test for sleep apnea We are both so happy The Dr. told Joe that he thinks that because I caught it so soon and Joe had been going to bed earlier and sleeping on his side weeks before the test the body corrected itself. He was told he snores loudly on his back but otherwise he is fine. Thank you so much for asking.

It was so good to read the good news of what your hubby had done with the Christian Camp-ground for the kids and to hear how much fun you had together over that weekend in spite of the humidity. I sooo do not like humidity, so I am with you there. I am a desert rat - love the sun not the humidity

How have you been feeling??? Are you off the progesterone now? Why did they put you on that? PMDD??? Don't know what that is.

As far as the Hurricane --- how sad it is for that state! To be hit twice in one year!!!! I will definitely life your dear sister up in prayer for she and her families safety!!! I pray that the damage will not be nearly as bad as they predict it to be. Please do keep us informed and if there is need for $$$ to get them back on their feet let *me* know with a PM & an address and I will do what I can to help, okay. I pray there will be no need for it.

Praying for you as you think of what to do for your new Ministry.

Wilma ~ I see you have posted some pictures successfully! Awesome!!! You look wonderful Wilma!!! Wonderful! And it sounds like you had such a nice vacation - I know it takes a good two weeks to catch up once you get home from a trip - in chores as well as with yourself. You have a beautiful home! Now that you know how to post the pictures - you must take some pictures of the projects you have been working on in your home to share with us --- I know I sure would love to see

Yeahhhhhhh --- losing 2 more pounds!!! I KNOW how hard that is and I am so very happy for you!!!!!

Miss you Sami & Angel!!! Come back soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

*~*~*

Well, it really time for me to get off the computer and get some work done today --- lots to do and never ever enough time
*Have a Happy Day today Everyone!!!!*
*God Bless*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-03-2004 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:53 PM   #5  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

(((((Sami))))) and prayers for you and your family.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:08 PM   #6  

Unhappy Awwwe Sami...

Quote:
Hello I am sorry I have been gone so long but so much has happen. First I got booted out and couldn't find my password to get back on. And then I have really stressed over my DD she has very large cysts and has to take it easy because they are concerned that one my burst and cause her to lose the baby and they might if that happens remove the ovary. And my mother still isn't doing well I am going to the EMT with her tuesday. My brother is causing her a lot of grief. My uncle who's wife just died of cancer just got told he has cancer. And my Father in law died thurs so we are helping my MIL with that. So please keep my family in your prayers. I will try to catch up and post more latter.

I do keep all of you in my prayers............... Sami
It looks as if I was getting my post written as you posted...

Sami ~ Where to begin... I am so very sorry to hear of all that you have and are going through! I so wish I were closer to you too --- sometimes a shoulder and a good cry helps bunches!

You know that I will lift you up in prayer without a doubt! Please come back as soon as you are able to keep us up on how your DD is doing and how you are fairing up too. I have thought of you so much and have missed you more!

*God's Blessing and my Prayers
Always*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-03-2004, 01:38 PM   #7  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

YEAH!!! Sunny Donna is back!!!!

I know you have a life too, but I don't like it when we don't hear from you. Don't you know we depend on you for uplifting posts and your disposition? I'm glad you are doing well, and woo hoo girl, I noticed your signature, down 23 lbs!! That is so wonderful! Happy to hear also that Joe is doing well.

I went to my first physical therapy session yesterday and it went really well. She had me put on a gown, did an evaluation to see my flexibility and had me do some stretches and checked me on the table. Then i changed into regular clothes and we went into the gym room and she showed me some exercises. I need to work on flexibility and especially in my hamstrings. They are very tight. She's taking it easy on me because i am not in pain and she doesn't want me to flare up. I saw the Med-x machines and they are very interesting, i may be ready for them soon hopefully. My work is being great about me going. I come in early those days to leave early for PT. I also need to go to the pool and she suggested i walk in the pool in the deepest part with is 4 and a half feet deep because i'll have more buoyancy there. Walk from side to side, then eventually go to a shallower part of the pool, which will be harder. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Woke up with a super bad migraine this a.m. but i took my migraine med. when i got up, got in the shower and now it's better. My head was throbbing and the left side of my face hurt, i was nauseous, but made myself eat, and now it's much better, still have some soreness behind my head.

And.........i don't have to work tomorrow!!!! My boss, before she left for the lake, she told me, you take off tomorrow, it's a holiday weekend! So now i have to decide what to do with myself.........laundry, housework......shopping, go to the movies, maybe I'll go to the Mall of America, since I can walk around......or maybe i'll take a day trip. Maybe I should call John and do something with him........no. I'm not calling him.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 09-03-2004, 02:12 PM   #8  

Smile

Michele ~ Aren't you the sweetest ! You sure do know how to make someone feel good Thank you so much for the welcome back...

Again, I am thrilled that your therapy is working so well and that you are not in pain in your back right now --- sure do hope that the exercise continues to help you feel stronger and healthier.

As for the migraine --- Boy-o-boy do I know that feeling! I had a 'No Coffee' migraine headache for 3 days... thought it would never leave me. I have been drinking Green Teas like crazy - making them hot and cold all decaf. I usually brew two pots a day = to about 6 cups. I read it's great in helping you lose weight and in nutrients... taste great too! Michele, sure do hope your headache leaves you soon!! Don't you wish we knew what caused them, so we could prevent them.

You have yourself a wonderful day off!!!! That Mall of America sounds great... be careful not to overdo because you are feeling well. Take care Michele and pay attention to your body - rest when you feel the need.

No weekend plans for us this weekend (thus far) - with my health the way it's been I am very cautious and taking it "one day at a time" Joe has a wedding to sing for tomorrow at 2:00 so I know we'll be home most of the day after that. I planning to be home all day Saturday,butttt it all changes so fast on the weekends here --- one moment it's quiet and the next... a phone call and we are dashing off...

*Have a Great Weekend yourself, Michele!*
Enjoy that time off

Later...
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-03-2004, 08:17 PM   #9  

Default TGIF and the Holiday!

Yipee!!! It's the loooonnnngggg weekend!

SunnyD- Wow, so many of you have IBS. My sister in FL has it also. It surely skipped me. I am so glad Joe does NOT have sleep apena. The progestrone was for Pre menstural blah blah disorder. Severe PMS. I get VERY low and depressed at ovulation and just before my . People can pick up on my very mood. Well, I had only two weird days and NO pms. Yea!!! Maybe it will be POST MS. Another

Michelle- Boy oh boy...knowing me, I would've called John and hung out all day. I just love to play. Hey, MN is not THAT far away...I'd do the Mall of America with you.

Sami- My goodness you are going through the storms of life. I will pray for you and I'm hugging you right now. Hmmm...nice cologne. I must be in a good mood tonight.

Bunna- How are things going?

All the newbies- Are you still out there?

Well, I ended up coming home not feeling too well from a stupid move on my part today. As you probably already know from the post to Sunny, I had cramps today so I took my usual 4 ibuprophren (sp) this morning and in the same gulp, I decided to take a couple of PMS tablets for bloating. Once I got to work and felt REAL meloncholy, I looked at the bottle of the PMS med and they had 500mg each of a pain relief. Oh my goodnight...I had 1800mg of pain relief in my body. Well, it went downhill from there. My stomach ended up being very upset so I came home at 1:00. I have NOT taken anything since. Yikes!

Weekend? No plans tonight...yeah!!!! Saturday: Maybe go canoeing with DH and Nikki and in the p.m. a wedding. Sunday- Church and to Lake MI to hear Selah sing and go out to eat with a girlfriend. Monday...zip up my house, turn off all phones and just do whatever I want.

Haven't heard from Cathie in FL. All I know is that she is with a lady and the lady's kids in Key West with the Grandmother. My sister's family down there consists of her and her two dogs.

I pray all of you have a safe weekend and know the Lord holds you in the palm of His hand and protects you.

Hugs, Hugs, Hugs,
Mary
Old 09-04-2004, 12:00 AM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wink Tgif

HI GALS

I hope you all have a great week-end planned with your families for the END OF SUMMER

I was off today..this morning I took the LAST load of the blocks from my flower beds to the job dumpster...it took awhile but I saved $450 by doing it myself, and that was just for the dumpster...the owner of the development on the job I am working on said to bring it all and load it on his dumpsters...way cool. It ended up being almost 7,000 pounds of blocks!!! all busted up in small pieces......anyway I am ALL DONE!!! with that. Rented a rototiller today and dug up, raked even, and spread wood chips in the new puppy area!! This way we can keep them out of the yard...and try to get that back together...all day long I FILLED HOLES....RYLEE and REBA DUG THEM UP...AGAIN!!! I am gonna kill these girls....if I could only stop hugging them
Gonna try to put up a fence...small picket fence to section the pups off this week-end if I have time.
Amanda and her BOYFRIEND are playing in a doubles tennis tournament on Saturday...pretty sure this was MY daughter's idea I am not saying my future sil is competitive...but...well let's just say he is alot like my son..no matter who they are playing against..at any time...any where...they want to WIN!!! I will be there to watch...if it gets UGLY I'll just go over to the San Diego Zoo since the tournament is about 1 mile from there

WILMA Hey girl...didn't want to break this to you but I feel I must...just saw your husband Arnie on the 3FC site with one totally HOT MOMMA!! don't tell him he is BUSTED!!! Love the home Martha, what a great job you did teaching those boys!! HOW PROUD THEY DESERVED TO BE OF THEMSELVES!! As far as the minimum wage thing...we are all different..some make a lot of money...some don't...some are students...some are not...God created us all different...the thing that matters is..EFFORT...if your son is putting in good effort at a minimum wage job and LOVING IT..he will succeed...if he is doing it because he is LAZY...well, dear with all our prayers here, he will figure it out! My son has a great mind for math which = lots of money (or so the teachers and advisors tell him) but HE WANTS TO BE A HISTORY TEACHER/COACH and always has! His mentors held those jobs (of which I am so thankfull for these 2 men)...so he works hard at this..."
it ain't about the money dad" he told me years ago!! "After" I drove him around areas of nice homes, expensive, that I had worked on...and told him if he was a teacher he would never own one of these.

Speaking of Ryan...he is taking classes out at a new high school in the area...totally awesome he says of the grounds...he will be student teaching at 2 high schools locally...neither one "our "alma mater ...he is always asking " dad, if I teach and coach at another school besides where "we" and my sister went (and now nephew and neice...step-d goes to across town high school) will you be able to root for me/them?" of COURSE NOT!!!!

Kind of like "gonna kill these puppies...after I get done with all the lovin' I am gonna give them!"

Speaking of killing them...step-d's date showed up to take her to the football game...seems nice enough but why do they have to wear their pants so low? and I am talking about BOTH of them...aaahhhh...keepin' my mouth shut..hahahahah...yea right ...me?

MICHELE ASK HIM OUT!!! get 'r done (are you a redneck girl?) Hope the therapy works out...enjoy the long week-end! How is that high jumpin' practice going girl? Mall of America huh...think I told you my kids LOVE that place...when they go back to see ex's family. Love ya

SUNNYD What makes YOU think you can leave us all week?? Don't you know that you are OUR ROCK!!!!! If Joe wants you all to himself, well that is just tooooo bad!! Got the IBS package in the mail yesterday..will take it to Amanda on Sat. What do you mean NO DAIRY?? she eats a lot of yogurt...boy she won't be happy!! I should PM you with her e-mail at school, you could be her IBS mentor Yes (I think) my neighbor knew the Lord...boy did I try to explain it to him...he always said " I am catholic, but not a fanatic like my wife Joanna", I would try to explain that salvation was a free gift...he told me he knew Jesus was his savior...but!!!...he gave a lot of $$$ to the catholic church...just to be sure...he would go to confession 1 a year...just in case!! if you understand what I mean...I stressed FREE GIFT...GRACE...he thought...EARN...Savior....I am not %100 sure...but pretty sure he is walking with his Joanna tonight! Talked to his daughter today and she is doing much better. Yes I did see all the weather in Williamsburg and Richmond...boy did we ever get out in time!! Later dear!

SAMI Sami I just don't know what to say excerpt the regulars here at 3FC LOVE YOU and are always praying for you and your family!!

SUE Aw come on girl...I will ALWAYS send you sunshine!!! I really like that VBS thing at night with families...you are sooooo smart!!! Camping must really STRENGTHEN brains!! If I move to Washington come visit me when "WE" make our next trip to Alaska!!

MARILYN How many miles?

BUNNA I am so sorry about the drowning, did I mention a little 2 yr. old drowned just a few doors up from me a couple of weeks ago? so sad. You are always in my prayers too...you are my Oregon connection (and ITAILIAN FOOD!!) can't leave us now!! It must have been a great testimony with the Africans...have you ever heard of the boys of Sudan? a few of them go to school with my daughter...what a story they have...I will share it later with you if you haven't heard.

MKAY YOU and BUNNA have to stay!! You two are our new rocks!! Wilma, Sami, Michele, Marilyn, Sue and I aren't leaving....glad to see you staying!! Prayers for your sister!!!!! Breeding Nikki?? you brave soul The kids camp-out sounded like fun--- looks like you and dh are heading in the right direction!!! goood for you!! Prayers!! when needed!

DALEMARIE Hope you stay with us !! Yes I am in construction, a drywall finisher by trade. And yes my family is pretty darn busy with all the sports and "school things" going on..plus these two darn puppies It will be nice to get to know you!

Well gonna check out for tonight....

HAVE A GREAT SAFE WEEK-END!!!
Old 09-04-2004, 12:03 AM   #11  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkay
Yipee!!! It's the loooonnnngggg weekend!

Michelle- Boy oh boy...knowing me, I would've called John and hung out all day. I just love to play. Hey, MN is not THAT far away...I'd do the Mall of America with you.

Well, I ended up coming home not feeling too well from a stupid move on my part today. As you probably already know from the post to Sunny, I had cramps today so I took my usual 4 ibuprophren (sp) this morning and in the same gulp, I decided to take a couple of PMS tablets for bloating. Once I got to work and felt REAL meloncholy, I looked at the bottle of the PMS med and they had 500mg each of a pain relief. Oh my goodnight...I had 1800mg of pain relief in my body. Well, it went downhill from there. My stomach ended up being very upset so I came home at 1:00. I have NOT taken anything since. Yikes!
Mkay!~Goodness Sweets, please be careful, you can od on ibuprofen and/or acetaminophen, but especially if you have large doses of both...... I hope you are better now. I too take 4 ibuprofens at a time sometimes. I know it was an accident, but that is scary...... And, if you ever make it to MN, let me know! It'd be so cool to meet you! I've never been to Michigan either. Almost went once when i met online a cop from there, we were going to meet at some point, but then it fell through (Long story)

I got some yarn after work and i'm almost half way done with a poncho! I have enough yarn to do another after this but i first must make a baby sweater and hat for my mother to give as a gift. The ponchos are in a pretty burgundy and the other is in a rust.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:01 AM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Carefull you guys with that Ibeuprofen...last year I took some and after a few hours I started to itch like crazy...NEVER!!! NEVER!!! happened before...I do not take these types of medicines on a regular basis...max. maybe 1 time and I mean 1 time a year...

Last edited by EZMONEY; 09-04-2004 at 01:05 AM.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:19 PM   #13  
Bunnababy

Our friend called from CA yesterday and the coroner hasn't released his son's body yet which means they have not determined the cause of death yet. I have taken a good photo of our dog that Robbie loved so much and we will be putting that in the casket with him. My dog loved Robbie as much as Robbie loved the dog, he would turn himself inside out every time he saw Robbie. My heart is so broken for everybody. No funeral plans yet.

I am going into town today to pick the house colors and we are going to get going on that next week. I have it down to two or three colors but nothing for sure yet, will make that choice today. I also have to return to Phase I of SBD cuz I have not been eating well the last couple of days and I need to flush the sugar toxins out again.

MKay: I am amazed you could stay on your feet with that much pain medication flowing through your veins. You be more careful in the future!!! Sounds like a fun weekend you have planned. Monday I am doing the same thing you are, in fact I think I will go rent a couple of movies to entertain me if I don't read most of the day. Are things still going pretty good with dh? Sounds like he softened you up a little with all that campground work he did.

Gary: No you did not say anything about the 2 yo, how horrible. No, I had not heard of boys of Sudan. When I heard their testimony it reminded me of how good we have it everyday, I never have to worry about food, a roof over my head, being shot (at least not as much of a threat as they have) for my politcal views, or being thrown out by my family because I am not useful to them because of my fibromyalgia, and they still have their families over there that they are sending money too besides the center for handicapped. Your biggest worry is what your floors will look like when you get home. Congratulations on getting those 7000 lbs. moved, no small job there.

Michele: It is nice to hear you excited about some progress with your pain. Once you get the exercises learned they will keep the pain away or at least at bay. I have some that I do specifically for the lower back and they really help. Have you called John yet? That might be what he is waiting for.

Sunny: I don't recall that you gave us the update once Joe got his results back. You have been busy since his test. So I guess he just cannot sleep on his back or else he keeps you awake too. Sorry about the IBS but glad that you are on the right path food wise with it. Glad you are back too.

Sami: I wish I knew something to say but the only, and best, thing for me to say or do is pray, and please take care of yourself you do not need to be sick on top of everything else. We love and care about you. don't forget the are watching over you and your family.

Hello to Wilma, Sue, DaleMarie, and anyone else who wanders this way. May God bless and keep each and everyone of us this day as we seek to do His will in our lives.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:23 PM   #14  

Default Checkin in

Thought I should say 'hi' as it is been some time.

Haven't really lost any weight but have been walking. Am up not to 780 miles working on getting into the 800's

Have had a bone density test done last week and just had a fasting cholesterol blood test - going next Friday to get the results of both.

Very tired and stressed - still feeling the after effects all the radiation from last year.

Please pray for son - we are not in a good situation at all - he left home yesterday to be with a friend and has not come home yet. I finally located him last night at 1 am and he said 'don't call here you are bothering my friends dad who is trying to sleep' (no consideration that we did not know where he was or that he was to be home by 10:30) It is not 12:15 and we haven't heard from him. When I talked with him at 1 am I asked if he was coming home today - he replied 'maybe' asked him if he could give me a possible time frame - he replied 'nope just wait and see' and I asked him if it was possible that he was thinking not to come home till Monday night (night before 1st day of school) - he replied 'you got it - be prepared to take he clothes shopping' - I am very very tired as I have not slept last night and the last 7 days have gotten about 8 hours total due to son leaving in the morning and arriving home around midnight. We have asked for help - social services says 'wait till school starts and all his behaviors will improve as he needs to be with his peers' - sorry have to laugh at this because in the last 6 months he has been with his peers 8 - 10 hours per day and his behavior has gotten worse. We are going out this afternoon shopping and will be getting one large box with a lid in order to pack up all of his stuff that he stores in his closet - and then on Tuesday hubby is going to take all of sons belongings down to social services and advice them to pick son up after school as he is not welcome in our home at this time - when his attitude changes - when he can be considerate in telling us where he is and when he will be back - when he can follow the few rules we have for him - then he will be welcome back but not until then. The tension is just to much - when he is home he does not communicate at all with us - and when he is not at home hubby and I are 'at each other' as to how to handle him when he comes home. It is affecting us all - our daughter (15 and has Down Syndrome) has not even asked where he is - I know she knows he is not at home and has asked for the last 6 weeks for him not to come home because he makes mommy and daddy sad -

Please hold us up in prayer as social services last week told us that they really couldn't take him but we are at a crisis and we need him out - if they don't take him I am concerned hubby will just put sons belongings out on the porch and tell him to 'get a life' -don't want that for son (know hubby doesn't either) but we can't go on like this any more.

Have to get up and move around as I am yawning from lack of sleep but when I lay down just end up crying and not sleeping so have to just keep moving.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:39 PM   #15  
Bunnababy

Will be praying for you and your family Marilyn throughout the weekend. I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. Sounds like your plate has been very full for a long long time now. May God put some peace in your life. Doing the right thing is not easy but it sounds to me like you are doing the right thing not letting him come home right now. He has to learn that life is not all about him and I will pray that God brings him to his knees in a powerful and mighty way.
Closed Thread