Ideal Protein Diet - Proti-Diet

View Full Version : Proti-Diet

BrittStar027
01-08-2013, 09:03 PM
I've been looking a lot at the Proti-Diet products and want some suggestions and/or comments before i take the plunge and place an order. Food suggestions? Weight loss success?

rainbowsmiles
01-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Proti-Diet is one of my favorite alternative sources.

1. Chocolate Soy Cereal and Honey Nut Cereal
Similar to cheerios....chocolate is RESTRICTED and honey nut is NOT RESTRICTED. I open 3 bags total.....2 honey nut and 1 chocolate and mix them and then re-divide for 3 servings....making it then all NON RESTRICTED.

The taste is good, not an over powering of protein taste and really hits the spot when you need a travel and handy packet of nibble foods!

great for packing for the movies when everyone else is munching ion popcorn. small and takes a little time to consume.

2. Pink Lemonade...delicious and refreshing, not overly sweet and not overly tart.

3. cookies: I have not tried any of the cookies

4. Chocolate Fudge Cake is yummy treat....and makes excellent truffle balls that freeze easily and can easily be taken as lunch or packed on a trip

5. Pizza Kit...I did NOT like the sauce at all. but i did like the basic idea of pizza....and the dough made a nice pizza crust, and i used it also to make a calzone and pretzels.

6. Hot Cocoa....delish!!! dissolves pretty well...and not lumpy. nice normal hot chocolate taste

7. concentrate drinks....
by far my FAVORITE...as everyone on here probably knows...is the GRAPE DRINK!! it reminds me of welch's grape juice which i drank every day prior to this protocol.

i generally add more water than it calls for to make it go a little further. sometimes i have it in a wine glass as my mock wine. it is in a clear plastic packet with a tear strip so is very easy to carry and i often take it out to dinner and order a glass of cold water in a wine glass and then add it and no one even notices i am not enjoying wine....when all my friends and family are.

i will add it to my large shaker bottle with about 24 ounces of water as my replenishment when i do a long bike ride.

i have also tried the raspberry and it is ok, but not as good as the grape to me.

i have not tried any other flavors.

8. all three flavor oatmeals....i did not care for any of them. i even tried a few recipes with them as packet hacks and still gave them or traded them away.

9. bacon cheese omelet was uggggg yuk!! i'd rather have a regular omelet!! and we can have egg whites and an egg so there you go!

10. blueberry pancakes. i was surprised that these were not as bad as i expected. not like real pancakes but not totally bad.

11. Bars: i have not tried many bars as for some strange reason bars and i dont get along. either they are like cardboard or way too sweet for my taste.
i tried the lemon meringue....TOTAL GROSS....but a lot of other people liked it and recommended it so i tried! haha
i dont like rice crispie texture so that rules out most. the others i tried were like cardboard and have an awful protein after taste.

12. protein crisps: i have not tried these

13. protein wafers...WAY TOO SWEET for me but had a nice flavor, just tooo sweet.

14. pudding: tastes pasty to me...i prefer the WLS puddings.

15. shakes: i have not tried the shakes

16. soups: i did not care for the beef flavor but i LOVE the chicken noodle one and have it every week, at least 2-3 times a week!!

17. i have not tried the soy nuts

hope that helps a little :)

BrittStar027
01-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Thank you so much! I'm looking to order the chocolate drink, hot chocolate, pancakes, and oatmeal. I was skeptical of the fruit drinks as i couldn't stand the IP fruit flavored ones. The cereals are out of stock, but i'll keep an eye out for them to be replenished. I didn't like the IP soups, is the chicken noodle one similar to those or just good in general??

Alma4343
01-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Thank you so much! I'm looking to order the chocolate drink, hot chocolate, pancakes, and oatmeal. I was skeptical of the fruit drinks as i couldn't stand the IP fruit flavored ones. The cereals are out of stock, but i'll keep an eye out for them to be replenished. I didn't like the IP soups, is the chicken noodle one similar to those or just good in general??

I did not like the pancakes at all. They were really dry. I love the oatmeal and use it to make pancakes. I just add 2 egg whites and a dash of water, the oatmeal pancakes are really tasty.

Good luck!

Yesmyqueen
01-08-2013, 10:18 PM

Hi I totally recommend the sour cream and onion puffs, they are creamy tasting to me and perfect for crushing up and using a a coating for baked chicken, and filler in turkey meatloaf.

Yesmyqueen
01-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Oh and the strawberry bannana jello is good, I make a cup of cranberry tea and use it as the water for the jello makes it really yummy.

BrittStar027
01-08-2013, 10:23 PM
I'll keep my eye out for those! They're not on dietdirect at the moment, but i'll keep looking! Thanks!

MonicaKolesnik
01-08-2013, 10:38 PM
To add to what rainbow said I do like the bars, but I like sweet. Though I will say I have never ordered the proti-diet bars as I like the Proti-thin ones. Especially the chocolate decadence bar, caramel nut, coconut almond and caramel delight are the ones I order.

Yesmyqueen
01-08-2013, 10:47 PM
I'll keep my eye out for those! They're not on dietdirect at the moment, but i'll keep looking! Thanks!

Try Nashua nutrition but you have to type in sour cream n onion puffs

patns
01-08-2013, 11:32 PM
We all have different tastes. I love the blueberry pancakes and the maple oatmeal, I make a rhubarb "crisp"with the oatmeal. I will agree that the lemom merangue bars were awful.

BrittStar027
01-08-2013, 11:32 PM
I just placed an order with diet direct. I didn't want to order too much the first time around. I'm hoping I love the stuff I get and gain a little courage to order some other products!

AnnaBoBanna
01-08-2013, 11:40 PM
I just got the hot chocolate and like it! I also enjoy the maple brown sugar oatmeal.

starsandrockets
01-08-2013, 11:48 PM
I liked the blueberry pancake, the chicken noodle soup and the vanilla shake. The grape drink tastes kinda like grape kool-aid. The chocolate fudge cake was too bland tasting for me and the brownie bars were rock hard and hurt my teeth to eat. The chocolate shake was alright, but not as good as the IP chocolate drink

libellule
01-09-2013, 12:19 AM
I also love, love love the grape drink. Have also tried the orange drink and it is absolutely fantastic! These 'drink packages' are so great - in liquid form, and you just add to water. They don't have that 'protein taste' whatsoever... nothing like those IP ones that I absolutely could not stomach :-)

Also have tried the oatmeals - love them, the hot chocolate - love it, and love the chicken noodle soup. Honestly - it is EXACTLY like Lipton!

Would buy any of the above and I'm sure you'd be happy... none of them really seem like 'protein' food! They're great!

BrittStar027
01-09-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm very excited to try the soup now! The only IP packets i ever really enjoyed were sweet ones. So i'm looking forward to some new things! I'm definitely going to have to order the soups and puffs in my next order!

usmcvet
01-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Nashua Nutrition Rocks, ship quick and pricing realy helps my checkbook!

Same as IP Chocolate Soy Puffs

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/proti-thin-snack-chocolate-covered-soy-snacks-7-box.html

Only made this once but it was good, still have the rest

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/proti-thin-sweet-roll-mix-chocolate-chip-6-box.html

Good and filling but a restricted, I don't order them any more, also takes up too much room in my cupboard.
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/proti-thin-zipper-snacks-bbq-7-box.html
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/proti-thin-zipper-snacks-sour-cream-and-fine-herbs-7-box.html

One at work and one at home, awesome, not as good as IP but close enough

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/hot-drinks/protidiet-hot-drink-hot-cocoa-jug-21-servings.html

Again one at work and one at home, good stuff

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/breakfast-items/protidiet-oatmeal-maple-n-brown-sugar-jug-20-servings.html

Not as good as IP but OK, I'd rather just use real eggs or egg whites, just bought a carton of egg whites Sunday, have not used them yet.
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/breakfast-items/protidiet-omelette-bacon-and-cheese-7-box.html

These are freaking Awesome, taste just like a chocolate bar and only 6 carbs!

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-bars/protidiet-protein-bar-chocolate-dream-7-box.html

Good stuff, compact for storage and travel and not restricted
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/protidiet-protein-crisps-bbq-7-box.html
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/protidiet-protein-crisps-chipotle-7-box.html
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/protidiet-protein-crisps-white-cheddar-7-box.html

Good and not restricted. I don't like the chocolate as much so I only order the vanillia now. Awesome

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-bars/protidiet-protein-wafer-bar-chocolate-7-box.html
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-bars/protidiet-protein-wafer-bar-vanilla-7-box.html

this girl is awake
01-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Love:
The Chocolate and Vanilla shakes. My favorite for the past month is to add a little DaVinci Sugar Free Eggnog flavor to the vanilla shake and a little fresh grated nutmeg. Tastes like a McDonald's Egg Nog shake. Yum.
The Peanut Butter Smooth Caramel Crisp bar--very candy-like.
The Blue Raspberry drink, because my favorite flavor is blue.

Hate:
The Tomato Basil soup. OMG awful
The oatmeal. Has this weird nasty texture. The Proti-THIN oatmeal is way better.

learning to fly
01-09-2013, 02:31 PM
[cut] ...I was skeptical of the fruit drinks as i couldn't stand the IP fruit flavored ones. ...[cut]

Oh! I have to tell you, I only tried one drink from Proti-Diet but it did not have anything in common with IP drinks. I also find IP overly sweet - in that bad fake sweet way - and very strong flavored. I tried "Green Tea - Cranberry" drink from Proti-Diet and found it wonderfully refreshing, tasting natural, and delicious in a mild, unassuming way.

Of course we all have different tastes, I for example like bacon omelet very much!

And the third thing I tried was vanilla pudding: I was surprised that I did not hate the taste at all...it was also more natural-tasting than some other products I tried.

Chloe222
01-09-2013, 02:44 PM
I like Proti Diet maple brown sugar oatmeal and have a sweet tooth in general. From Nashua Nutrition, I always buy several boxes of the Healthsmart variety pack of the bars.

For the first time I had the Good Health Brand of the vegetable chili: 115 cal, 1 g fat, 5 carbs (3 dietary fiber, so 2 net carbs). Taste was OK - not great but then I don't expect diet food to replace the real chili I would usually eat and while I'm on this diet, I can eat almost anything because I have my goal firmly set in front of me. The challenge is when I get hungry and I want 2 lunches for example. So, chug, chug, chug! However, next time I'll have the chili over miracle noodles so I have more bulk.

KLD81230
01-09-2013, 02:51 PM
The Tomato Basil soup. OMG awful

I LOVE making flatbread from the Tom/Basil soup!

2 egg whites, 1 tsp olive oil, 1/4+ tsp of baking powder, bake at 350, flipping once. ** Thanks to LizRR and her Fun with IP Packet recipes!!

It's. Awesome.

tam67green
01-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Just got my first shipment from Nashua Nutrition today (same day as my weigh-in, ironically!) I can't wait to try something new and different!
I'm looking forward to Cheesecake Nibbles and Pretzels, courtesy of Rainbow Smiles!! :D

byugrl
01-09-2013, 04:06 PM
This is so funny as I made an order today ! Then as I was looking thru the site again, I was wondering if I had made a mistake, Until I got here and started reading the posts. Thanks for asking about this I was curious myself.
I usually just buy IP but was getting kind of bored with the choices. Hopefully I will like the ones I purchased so I can have more choices

MustangMolly
01-09-2013, 04:32 PM
I love the mint chocolate pudding/shake. I make it as hot chocolate all the time.

BrittStar027
01-09-2013, 09:11 PM
My order shipped today and should be here on Friday. I'm so excited!!! If all goes well, i'll be placing another order very soon!

rainbowsmiles
01-09-2013, 09:22 PM
My order shipped today and should be here on Friday. I'm so excited!!! If all goes well, i'll be placing another order very soon!

make sure you come back and let us all know which foods YOU like and why! :)
best of luck to you!!

BrittStar027
01-09-2013, 10:09 PM
I definitely will!

HornsFan
01-10-2013, 01:32 PM
What are be some good restricted Protidiet products compared to the IP products? My wife really wants to start an Alternative product plan after watching my early success. We don't really want to spend $700+/month for both of us to do IP. I know that I could get her the EAS Carb Control shakes to replace the IP shakes and some of you have mentioned the Protidiet soups as a great alternative to the IP soups...I obviously have our dinner taken care of...I just need some yummy restricted options for her snack. If anyone knows some alternative supplements to the IP ones that would be great also...I have been trying to comb through the threads for awhile now and I am starting to get a little cross-eyed :dizzy:. I have found this forum very helpful and supportive and I thank you guys in advance for any help!!!

Chloe222
01-10-2013, 02:10 PM
What are be some good restricted Protidiet products compared to the IP products? My wife really wants to start an Alternative product plan after watching my early success. We don't really want to spend $700+/month for both of us to do IP. I know that I could get her the EAS Carb Control shakes to replace the IP shakes and some of you have mentioned the Protidiet soups as a great alternative to the IP soups...I obviously have our dinner taken care of...I just need some yummy restricted options for her snack. If anyone knows some alternative supplements to the IP ones that would be great also...I have been trying to comb through the threads for awhile now and I am starting to get a little cross-eyed :dizzy:. I have found this forum very helpful and supportive and I thank you guys in advance for any help!!!

My favorite restricted bars are the Healthsmart variety pack from nashuanutrition.com. This way I don't get bored and I like all of them.

Other favorites and tips: Proti-Thin Cream of Vegetable soup, Proti-Diet Pea Soup, Proti-Diet pancake mix, Proti-Diet oatmeal (note maple brown sugar has maybe 7 carbs making it unrestricted unlike the IP version), I make eight 2 oz. white turkey meat burgers from 1 pound of ground turkey breast once a week and freeze them in a zip lock bag and hard boil a couple of eggs to keep in the fridge. I use Miracle Noodles (fettuccine) every day for lunch – usually with soup and veggies so have a “pasta primavera” of sorts. Buy Miracle Noodles (0,0,0,) from www.iherb.com (http://www.iherb.com) , free S&H over $20.00 plus also get my flavored stevia from them for my coffee and flavoring my vanilla pudding (stevia: English toffee, chocolate, vanilla crème, hazelnut, etc – I have all of them). Because I exercise 5 X week (2 X with weights, 3X Power plate plus dog walking) I at times, will add a 2 oz turkey patty at lunch and then have 6 oz. protein at dinner. Meanwhile I’m drinking 30 ounce tumblers of Mio flavored water (drink 4/day). I use a lot of Waldon Farms products and have to buy some of them online since don’t have the full array locally (www.netrition.com (http://www.netrition.com), flat $4.95 S&H). I put spinach in my milkshakes with ice cubes to extend them and get more veggies in. Use Proti-Thin vanilla and chocolate drinks but also the gnc Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein powder mentioned earlier. The Proti-Thin packets are handy to travel with so keep them for that.
Re IP, love the broc cheese soup, so that is the one product I buy from them. Their drinks and puddings are good, but hard to spend 5X more than what it costs to buy in bulk from GNC (Optimum Nutrition protein powder – buy on sale – if it’s on sale costs $.75/serving.)
One thing I noticed is the Proti-Thin and Proti-DIET products mix better with water than IP.

I have a Proti-Diet pancake with Walden Farms pancake syrup every morning. Very filling. They have a blueberry pancake also. I add a tsp of vanilla extract to the batter, tasty, satisfying. 100 calories, 7 carbs or less - so unrestricted in the IP world.

MustangMolly
01-10-2013, 04:31 PM
One thing to be aware of as you look at alternatives.....check the fat content. Yes the amount of carbs is important but so is the amount of fat. There was a proti-diet snack listed that had only 6 carbs but of the 170 calories 110 were fat and that is what we want to get rid of...the fat!!!

And the mint chocolate pudding/shake I mentioned is Diet Proteing to Go..not Proti-diet. Sorry for any confusion.

scorbett1103
01-10-2013, 04:54 PM
One thing to be aware of as you look at alternatives.....check the fat content. Yes the amount of carbs is important but so is the amount of fat. There was a proti-diet snack listed that had only 6 carbs but of the 170 calories 110 were fat and that is what we want to get rid of...the fat!!!

And the mint chocolate pudding/shake I mentioned is Diet Proteing to Go..not Proti-diet. Sorry for any confusion.

Yep this is correct - the wafers and the Chocolate Dream bars "technically" are low enough in carbs to APPEAR unrestricted, but the fat content makes them restricted. If you look at the nutritional info on the Ideal Protein soy nuts, it is the same situation - low enough in carbs to be unrestricted, but because of the fat content they are on the "restricted" list on the protocol.

chicagoboiler
01-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Is there a difference between Proti-Diet and Proti-Thin in products that are closer to IP? I was looking at ordering, but confused if one is better than the other nutritionally and OP.

scorbett1103
01-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Is there a difference between Proti-Diet and Proti-Thin in products that are closer to IP? I was looking at ordering, but confused if one is better than the other nutritionally and OP.

They're both comparable. Just check the individual products labels to make sure you know which are restricted and unrestricted :)

zweezers
01-10-2013, 10:32 PM
I just received an order from protidiet-diet. Really like the chocolate drink - I was worried that it would be watery but its very similar to IP.
Chocolate dream bar- didn't like at all. Very waxy and gave me a terrible headache the next day.
Vanilla pudding - very good. Nice flavour and texture - very good in the chai latte.
My next order will include the cereals, chocolate fudge cake and orange mango drink.

Rainbowsmiles, can you tell me how to make the truffles? That sounds great!

MustangMolly
01-11-2013, 09:29 AM
Yep this is correct - the wafers and the Chocolate Dream bars "technically" are low enough in carbs to APPEAR unrestricted, but the fat content makes them restricted. If you look at the nutritional info on the Ideal Protein soy nuts, it is the same situation - low enough in carbs to be unrestricted, but because of the fat content they are on the "restricted" list on the protocol.

Thanks Scorbett...i always looked at the number of carbs as my key to what is restricted and what is not, I will not start considering the the higher fat with lower carbs.

scorbett1103
01-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Thanks Scorbett...i always looked at the number of carbs as my key to what is restricted and what is not, I will not start considering the the higher fat with lower carbs.

There aren't too many products that you have to worry about that - basically the one's you'd expect, the wafers and the chocolate bar that looks like a candy bar :)

rainbowsmiles
01-11-2013, 10:19 AM
I just received an order from protidiet-diet. Really like the chocolate drink - I was worried that it would be watery but its very similar to IP.
Chocolate dream bar- didn't like at all. Very waxy and gave me a terrible headache the next day.
Vanilla pudding - very good. Nice flavour and texture - very good in the chai latte.
My next order will include the cereals, chocolate fudge cake and orange mango drink.

DECADENT PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE TRUFFLES

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7247/8168029500_845e4043bd_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/8168029500/)

O.M.G.

that's all that needs to be said!!!

i started with this...
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7256/8168008349_a83d455f1b_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/8168008349/)

https://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/protidiet-dessert-chocolate-fudge-cake-7-box.html

mixed in a small glass dish
and cooked as instructed with 50 ml water and
microwaved for ONLY 30-40 SECONDS....
so that the middle is still gooey...

then i mashed it all together with 1 TBSP PB2!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8338/8168036298_e798beb2b0_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/8168036298/)

https://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/protidiet-dessert-chocolate-fudge-cake-7-box.html

it was thick and chocolaty!!!

then i rolled out 6 little truffle balls...

in another small bowl i added 1 tsp (teaspoon) PB2 and
1 tsp powdered stevia ( or splenda )

then i sprayed the little balls with non stick spray to make them moist
i used the coconut oil one...OMG!!! but you can use regular olive oil

then i rolled the little fudge balls in the DRY PB2 and stevia until coated!!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7260/8168029340_ce348b1995_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/8168029340/)

O.M.G.
SO...SOOOOOO...OOOEY GOOEY RICH DECADENT
CAKE LIKE MOIST DELICIOUSNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they taste like CAKE POPS!!!!!!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7255/8168029708_5070bb6c40_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/8168029708/)

WANNABITE????????????

TRUFFLES UPDATE!!!!

today i made the truffles again...only this time i made them with COFFEE instead of water!!! just replacing the water in the cake recipe for coffee...then i rolled them in instant coffee granules mixed with stevia!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heavenly good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shedit
01-11-2013, 04:03 PM
DECADENT PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE TRUFFLES

][/B]

[/CENTER]
:bravo:

You have thrown me over the edge Rainbow! Thanks so much!

BrittStar027
01-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Had the ProtiDiet hot chocolate tonight, i have to say, it's really good! Going to try the chocolate drink tomorrow morning for breakfast...

Determinedat47
01-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Hi I totally recommend the sour cream and onion puffs, they are creamy tasting to me and perfect for crushing up and using a a coating for baked chicken, and filler in turkey meatloaf.

You look awesome!!!!

BrittStar027
01-14-2013, 04:46 PM
My ProtiDiet reviews:

-Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal: Has an interesting consistency (i think they add baking soda to make it thicker) but a good taste. It definitely is great to bring to work for the mornings i work early. Will definitely get again.
-Chocolate Drink: LOVE THIS! This is the closest i've had (and i've tried several) to the IP chocolate drink. As silly as it sounds, i was ridiculously happy when i tried it as i've missed the IP chocolate drink.
-Hot Chocolate: Very similar to the chocolate drink, also very good. Kills the evening sweet cravings.
-Grape Drink: Not my favorite. Reminds me of grape kool-aid or grape children's medicine. Will do in a pinch, and i'll have to add a ton of water. I won't order again.
-Blueberry pancakes: LOVE THEM! Made them as directed, not very fluffy or thick, but had a good flavor. I will probably add an egg white or two next time a make them.

lisa32989
01-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Best thing about the oatmeal: It is unrestricted vs IPs is restricted!

I LOVE making it into pancakes or muffins. Same recipe just stove top or oven

2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 packet (or scoop) oatmeal
1 c shredded zucchini (optional but I like the texture better WITH it. I lightly saute first)
also optional: cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice

BrittStar027
01-14-2013, 07:26 PM
That sounds amazing!!! Those would be awesome "grab and go" breakfast muffins!

lisa32989
01-14-2013, 08:02 PM
That sounds amazing!!! Those would be awesome "grab and go" breakfast muffins!
YUP! Can make ahead too!
Be sure to spend some time on the recipe threads. AWESOME ideas!

BrittStar027
01-14-2013, 08:04 PM
I've been having a hard time finding recipes for the ProtiDiet packets. Most of them are for the IP packets. Any suggestions?

lisa32989
01-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Check Rainbow's recipes.
And most are pretty interchangeable.
I used the IP recipe for the oatmeal mix (for the muffins or pancake) but it worked just fine with ProtiDiet.

BrittStar027
01-14-2013, 08:13 PM
That's awesome! Thank you so much. Having options for these little "treats" really helps!

byugrl
01-14-2013, 11:50 PM
[QUOTE=rainbowsmiles;4585660]DECADENT PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE TRUFFLES

OMG !!!! Definintly going to have to try these !!!:hug:Thanks for sharing !!

staceyjblack
01-25-2013, 12:31 PM
AWESOME:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Nashua Nutrition would like to offer the 3 Fat Chicks Community a 10% Off Discount Code. Use Discount Code 3FATCHICKS (No Spaces) during checkout to receive 10% off your entire order.

This code will expire on Friday, February 1st 2013 at Midnight EST.

Limit 1 Coupon Use Per Customer. Cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions.

Please feel free to pass along this discount code to other 3 Fat Chicks Community members and/or forum postings.

Thank You,
Nashua Nutrition
www.NashuaNutrition.com (http://www.NashuaNutrition.com)

Sammie12
01-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Just wondering but is the Proti-diet fudge cake non restricted or restricted?

scorbett1103
01-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Just wondering but is the Proti-diet fudge cake non restricted or restricted?

9g net carbs (11g carbs - 2g fiber) makes it a restricted item.

Sammie12
01-25-2013, 05:45 PM
Thank you Scorbett I will :)

BrittStar027
01-27-2013, 07:40 PM
Best thing about the oatmeal: It is unrestricted vs IPs is restricted!

I LOVE making it into pancakes or muffins. Same recipe just stove top or oven

2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 packet (or scoop) oatmeal
1 c shredded zucchini (optional but I like the texture better WITH it. I lightly saute first)
also optional: cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice

I made these tonight for the upcoming week, and omg!!! Thank you so much for this suggestion! They taste so good and i can't believe they're unrestricted AND count towards my veggies! I didn't have enough oatmeal packets, so i used two of the oatmeal packets and two plain pancake packets. Thanks again!

JenRem
01-28-2013, 12:12 AM

Scorbett (or anyone who can answer) -
Can you confirm....... 9 grams carbs or 10 grams carbs makes an item RESTRICTED?
So, you take the total carbs minus the fiber and this equals the number of grams of carbs that we use to determine restricted/unrestricted item.

Also, how do you evaluate the fat content to determine if an item is restricted or unrestricted for IP alternative?

Bottom line if either the CARBS or the FAT makes an item restricted, then it is restricted, correct?

Thanks ahead for the help and clarification, :) Jen

scorbett1103
01-28-2013, 12:31 AM
Scorbett (or anyone who can answer) -
Can you confirm....... 9 grams carbs or 10 grams carbs makes an item RESTRICTED?
So, you take the total carbs minus the fiber and this equals the number of grams of carbs that we use to determine restricted/unrestricted item.

Also, how do you evaluate the fat content to determine if an item is restricted or unrestricted for IP alternative?

Bottom line if either the CARBS or the FAT makes an item restricted, then it is restricted, correct?

Thanks ahead for the help and clarification, :) Jen

9g NET carbs or more is restricted (17g net carbs or more is super-restricted, or twice per week only) You subtract Dietary fiber from total carbs to get net carbs.

If the carbs are low but the fat is more than 30% of the total calories (take calories from fat and multiply by 3, then see if it's more or less than the total calories) - that would make it a restricted item. It's really only the case for the wafers and soy nuts, as far as I've seen. Now, if the fat calories are more than 30% total calories AND the carbs are enough to make it restricted, that is a product I would avoid completely.

Always check the carbs first for restricted vs unrestricted, that's going to be the deciding factor 90% of the time.

JenRem
01-28-2013, 01:36 AM
9g NET carbs or more is restricted (17g net carbs or more is super-restricted, or twice per week only) You subtract Dietary fiber from total carbs to get net carbs.

If the carbs are low but the fat is more than 30% of the total calories (take calories from fat and multiply by 3, then see if it's more or less than the total calories) - that would make it a restricted item. It's really only the case for the wafers and soy nuts, as far as I've seen. Now, if the fat calories are more than 30% total calories AND the carbs are enough to make it restricted, that is a product I would avoid completely.

Always check the carbs first for restricted vs unrestricted, that's going to be the deciding factor 90% of the time.

Scorbett - Thank you for coming to the rescue. My brain and body appreciate it very much! :) Jen

scorbett1103
01-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Scorbett - Thank you for coming to the rescue. My brain and body appreciate it very much! :) Jen

No problem! :)

lcheech
01-28-2013, 10:01 AM

I think we are in this together girl.
I start IP today :) I purchased the Proti-diet maple oatmeal, veggie soup, and chocolate shake. My coach said its the same as IP, but tastes a bit better and cheaper in price.
So I guess we shall see :)

Shedit
01-28-2013, 01:06 PM
Nashua Nutrition would like to offer the 3 Fat Chicks Community a 10% Off Discount Code. Use Discount Code 3FATCHICKS (No Spaces) during checkout to receive 10% off your entire order.

This code will expire on Friday, February 1st 2013 at Midnight EST.

Limit 1 Coupon Use Per Customer. Cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions.

Please feel free to pass along this discount code to other 3 Fat Chicks Community members and/or forum postings.

Thank You,
Nashua Nutrition
www.NashuaNutrition.com (http://www.NashuaNutrition.com)

I failed to input the discount code and called today. Thank you Nashua for issuing the credit and offering your products at a reasonable price!

thin4me
01-28-2013, 01:13 PM

Good morning, noticed you are from Canada as well. I've been ordering ProtiDiet products from Proteinwell but noticed they don't have any more items listed on their site - not sure if they are going under. Where do you order from?

BrittStar027
01-28-2013, 04:30 PM
I think we are in this together girl.
I start IP today :) I purchased the Proti-diet maple oatmeal, veggie soup, and chocolate shake. My coach said its the same as IP, but tastes a bit better and cheaper in price.
So I guess we shall see :)

I actually have had very good luck with ProtiDiet. I've saved a fortune already and i feel like i have so many more options. I love the chicken noodle soup, chocolate shake (it's delicious heated up for "hot chocolate"), blueberry and plain pancake, lemon drink and hot chocolate (i wouldn't buy it again just because the chocolate shake is great heated). The bacon and cheese omelet is pretty good and the maple and brown sugar oatmeal is good but i get sick of it fast. I have since made them into muffins (which are delicious btw). I didn't like the grape drink, but kept it for emergencies. I have another order waiting to go out that has the cream of chicken soup, pomegranate bars and honey nut cereal (along with my now established favorites). Let me know how you do! I did IP about two years ago and lost a bunch of weight. Now i'm on round two. Good luck!

lcheech
01-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Had the ProtiDiet hot chocolate tonight, i have to say, it's really good! Going to try the chocolate drink tomorrow morning for breakfast...

I had the Chocolate drink this morning.. FANTASTIC! Best Protein shake I have ever had. I also had the cheese/bacon omlette, added fresh spinach to it.. It was very tasty as well. So far the food has been pretty good. I just ordered the Vanilla shake, Chocolate cereal, and Chocolate fudge cake.

I need feedback on the "Crisps", pizza, and their cream soups.
I'm afraid if I purchase these products, that I'm not going to like them.

scorbett1103
01-29-2013, 04:22 PM
I had the Chocolate drink this morning.. FANTASTIC! Best Protein shake I have ever had. I also had the cheese/bacon omlette, added fresh spinach to it.. It was very tasty as well. So far the food has been pretty good. I just ordered the Vanilla shake, Chocolate cereal, and Chocolate fudge cake.

The white cheddar crisps are EXACTLY the same as the IP ones - literally, they are the exact product, in a slightly smaller portion size, in the same silver space packaging.

I haven't made the pizza into "pizza" but Rainbowsmiles posted a recipe for making the dough mix into pretzels instead of pizza in her Mix'n in the Kitchn thread - I bought a box just for that recipe and love it! I use the pizza sauce for dipping, it handles a bread craving nicely :)

BrittStar027
01-29-2013, 08:41 PM

I order from Diet Direct and they have an AWESOME return policy. I contacted them via live chat when i received my first order because i really didn't like the grape drink. No questions asked, they refunded my credit card the full price for the box of grape drink without having to send it back. My mom also called to place an order and because she was a new customer, they gave her $10 off and free shipping. They've really been great. So don't worry about ordering something and hating it!

thin4me
01-31-2013, 02:10 PM

As you are from Canada as well, where have you been ordering your ProtiDiet food from?

lcheech
02-07-2013, 10:23 AM
The white cheddar crisps are EXACTLY the same as the IP ones - literally, they are the exact product, in a slightly smaller portion size, in the same silver space packaging.

I haven't made the pizza into "pizza" but Rainbowsmiles posted a recipe for making the dough mix into pretzels instead of pizza in her Mix'n in the Kitchn thread - I bought a box just for that recipe and love it! I use the pizza sauce for dipping, it handles a bread craving nicely :)

Cant wait to try the pretzels. I bought the pizza just for that too.. waiting for my order to come in

scorbett1103
02-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Cant wait to try the pretzels. I bought the pizza just for that too.. waiting for my order to come in

I have actually taken to making them into little cheesy breadsticks! You mix the dough with 2 Tbsp water and 1 Tbsp Go Veggie shreds, then I split it in two and roll into two breadsticks. I roll them in salt and garlic powder, then spray with oil from my Misto. Bake at 350 for about 8-10 minutes on parchment paper, they stay soft inside!

maryann21
02-07-2013, 11:40 AM
So excited.. I just placed my order.. I got the maple sugar oatmeal, protein crisps, cream of vegetable soup and health smart pizza chips.. I only got 1 bag to try. I find I like to snack so have the protein crisps should help

patns
02-07-2013, 11:57 AM
As you are from Canada as well, where have you been ordering your ProtiDiet food from?

I think from an ealier post it may be one of the "IP"clinics that is actually using proti-diet food??

joysh
02-07-2013, 01:09 PM
For the first time, I'm really considering a switch to some of these products. My clinic raised the price of IP boxes $5 per box!!! They were already $27 + tax so I was paying $88 per week. Now it's $105 per week! Crazy!!! I won't do it. I've already ordered some IP from The Protein Store, but now, as I am nearing my goal, I may start integrating some of these other comparable (and more inexpensive) products.

Thank you all so much for reviewing these products!! I'll probably have questions in the near future.

lcheech
02-07-2013, 02:12 PM
I have actually taken to making them into little cheesy breadsticks! You mix the dough with 2 Tbsp water and 1 Tbsp Go Veggie shreds, then I split it in two and roll into two breadsticks. I roll them in salt and garlic powder, then spray with oil from my Misto. Bake at 350 for about 8-10 minutes on parchment paper, they stay soft inside!

SOUNDS FANTASTIC!!! Im soooo going to try that! Im in need of "bread" Im Italian, we love our carbs!! lol thank you.

mparker
02-07-2013, 03:59 PM
So excited.. I just placed my order.. I got the maple sugar oatmeal, protein crisps, cream of vegetable soup and health smart pizza chips.. I only got 1 bag to try. I find I like to snack so have the protein crisps should help

I just got my first order in last night. Today I have tried the maple brown sugar oatmeal and the bacon cheese omlet. Both are AMAZING!!!!!

Suchawittygal
02-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Okay...you all have convinced me! I'm going to order Proti-Diet food right now. Has anyone tried the Peach Mango drink? I love the IP version and would love to try the Proti-Diet version, but I'm scared I won't like it.

Also, do they have anyting close to the IP Cinnamon Soy Puffs?? Those are my all time favorite snack!

I'm going to order:
Proti-Diet:
Chocolate drink
Chicken Noodle Soup
Peach Mango Drink
Chocolate Drink
Beef Vegetable Soup
Spaghetti with Rosee
Chili
Tomato Basil Soup

HealthSmart:
Carmel Crunch Bar

lcheech
02-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Okay...you all have convinced me! I'm going to order Proti-Diet food right now. Has anyone tried the Peach Mango drink? I love the IP version and would love to try the Proti-Diet version, but I'm scared I won't like it.

Also, do they have anyting close to the IP Cinnamon Soy Puffs?? Those are my all time favorite snack!

I'm going to order:
Proti-Diet:
Chocolate drink
Chicken Noodle Soup
Peach Mango Drink
Chocolate Drink
Beef Vegetable Soup
Spaghetti with Rosee
Chili
Tomato Basil Soup

HealthSmart:
Carmel Crunch Bar

chocolate drink is awesome, same with the beef veggie soup.
havent tried any of those other items you want to order. the cream of chicken soup is good.. i add broccoli to it.
bacon and cheese omlette is good too. I add spinach to it
maple brown sugar oatmeal is ok. i get bored with it fast. Although i made muffins out of it.
chocolate cherios are good
salted soy nuts are awesome too

Suchawittygal
02-07-2013, 08:38 PM
chocolate drink is awesome, same with the beef veggie soup.
havent tried any of those other items you want to order. the cream of chicken soup is good.. i add broccoli to it.
bacon and cheese omlette is good too. I add spinach to it
maple brown sugar oatmeal is ok. i get bored with it fast. Although i made muffins out of it.
chocolate cherios are good
salted soy nuts are awesome too

Thanks! I just ordered, I'm so excited to get this much food for such a great price. This would have cost me almost $300 if they were IP products. WOOT!:carrot:
I'll report back on what my likes/dislikes are, I find everyone's input and feedback VERY helpful!

lcheech
02-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Thanks! I just ordered, I'm so excited to get this much food for such a great price. This would have cost me almost $300 if they were IP products. WOOT!:carrot:
I'll report back on what my likes/dislikes are, I find everyone's input and feedback VERY helpful!

where did you order the products from?

Suchawittygal
02-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Nashua Nutrition

JenRem
02-08-2013, 05:15 PM

I'm going to order:
Proti-Diet:
Chocolate drink
Chicken Noodle Soup
Peach Mango Drink
Chocolate Drink
Beef Vegetable Soup
Spaghetti with Rosee
Chili
Tomato Basil Soup

HealthSmart:
Carmel Crunch Bar

I'm new to ordering from Nashua so there may be a much better substitute to IP's Apple Cinnamon Soy Snacks, but the closest I've had so far is:
Healthsmarts Cinnamon Cereal - NON-Restricted, taste great, but not as sweet - the amount is plentiful.

The item that is my FAVORITE thus far is:
Protidiet Peanut Butter and Smooth Caramel Crisp -
I calculate it to be NON-Restricted: 40 fat cal/140 cal total, 8g carbs (total 18g carbs - 10g dietary fiber), and 15g protein.
The texture is really nice, not super sweet. Nice size (like IP bars), the Healthsmart bars are much smaller and not as filling IMO. The bar also doesn't leave me with a weird aftertaste like I get from the Healthsmart bars IMO.

Jen

Ilovesugar
02-09-2013, 03:27 PM
So it looks like I'm a little late to the party....

I've been strictly using IP products since I started IP. I do love the bars, snacks, crispy cereal, drinks, etc but I've been looking over this thread and I love the variety that the alternatives offer. With that being said- Are coaches against using alternatives, do you tell them?

Any info would be great. Possibly there's a different forum for these kind of questions. :)

scorbett1103
02-09-2013, 04:21 PM
So it looks like I'm a little late to the party....

I've been strictly using IP products since I started IP. I do love the bars, snacks, crispy cereal, drinks, etc but I've been looking over this thread and I love the variety that the alternatives offer. With that being said- Are coaches against using alternatives, do you tell them?

Any info would be great. Possibly there's a different forum for these kind of questions. :)

There are a few IP coaches that are OK with their clients using SOME alternative products - but by and large most are offering IP to make money, which they don't if clients aren't buying IP products. So many do not take kindly to clients using alternatives.

If you're considering the switch, you may want to feel out your coach to see how they react. I had a few discussions with my IP coach about the oppresive cost of the products, she was not super receptive to the idea of me spending money elsewhere so I eventually broke ties with her and did the last 20 weeks of IP on my own with alternatives.

Chloe222
02-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Scorbett,
This sounds wonderful! I have the pizza kit, didn't care for it but it was better than not having anything reminiscent of pizza. Looking forward to these.

I'm going to order:
Proti-Diet:
Chocolate drink
Chicken Noodle Soup
Peach Mango Drink
Chocolate Drink
Beef Vegetable Soup
Spaghetti with Rosee
Chili
Tomato Basil Soup

HealthSmart:
Carmel Crunch Bar

I enjoy the Healthsmart variety pack of bars - the package that is not rice based. I have a sweet tooth, so I enjoy the sweetness of these.

I also buy Dixie Diner brownie mix and carbquik mix from netrition.com. Carbquik is a low carb Bisquick, so there is much that can be made with it. I typically just makes crepes and pancakes and they are completely unrestricted. I could make dumplings and coffee cake, but haven't yet. I'm happy with the crepes and pancakes...I make them as directed on the package, once on the plate, put on a little coconut oil and then a cinnamon-truvia blend. Delish and very filling!

Ilovesugar
02-09-2013, 04:59 PM
There are a few IP coaches that are OK with their clients using SOME alternative products - but by and large most are offering IP to make money, which they don't if clients aren't buying IP products. So many do not take kindly to clients using alternatives.

If you're considering the switch, you may want to feel out your coach to see how they react. I had a few discussions with my IP coach about the oppresive cost of the products, she was not super receptive to the idea of me spending money elsewhere so I eventually broke ties with her and did the last 20 weeks of IP on my own with alternatives.

That's a great idea- thank you! Sorry to hear that your coach wasn't supportive, I suppose I see both sides. :dizzy: Fantastic that you did the last 20 weeks with alternatives. How did your weight loss measure up to strictly IP?

I'm really loving IP, infact my body is loving it! I've never had such great success with any sort of weight loss program. I've recently ovulated on my own, which has never happened- I've gone through 14 fertility cycles, 4 being IVF. With that being said, I'd be hesitate to switch to alternatives but if my coach was receptive maybe I could switch it up a bit and ad some alternatives. Sorry- I'm probably just blabbing now. :)

scorbett1103
02-09-2013, 05:25 PM
That's a great idea- thank you! Sorry to hear that your coach wasn't supportive, I suppose I see both sides. :dizzy: Fantastic that you did the last 20 weeks with alternatives. How did your weight loss measure up to strictly IP?

I'm really loving IP, infact my body is loving it! I've never had such great success with any sort of weight loss program. I've recently ovulated on my own, which has never happened- I've gone through 14 fertility cycles, 4 being IVF. With that being said, I'd be hesitate to switch to alternatives but if my coach was receptive maybe I could switch it up a bit and ad some alternatives. Sorry- I'm probably just blabbing now. :)

You can actually see it in my signature - I incorporated some alternatives starting in Week 8, and Week 10 was my first week on nothing but alternatives. My weight losses were pretty consistent all the way through. I was also happier, both thanks to the cost savings and the bigger variety of foods to choose from. Less stress certainly helped me stay on track :)

Ilovesugar
02-09-2013, 05:31 PM
You can actually see it in my signature - I incorporated some alternatives starting in Week 8, and Week 10 was my first week on nothing but alternatives. My weight losses were pretty consistent all the way through. I was also happier, both thanks to the cost savings and the bigger variety of foods to choose from. Less stress certainly helped me stay on track :)

Oh right, of course. Wow- you did do great on it! So did you essentially stick to the same protocol: 2 unrestricted, 1 restricted + veggies, lettuce, oil & salt? Also, how do the sweeteners stack up to IP? I saw that the Proti Diet Grape drink had corn syrup solids in it... Is that ok!?

scorbett1103
02-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Oh right, of course. Wow- you did do great on it! So did you essentially stick to the same protocol: 2 unrestricted, 1 restricted + veggies, lettuce, oil & salt? Also, how do the sweeteners stack up to IP? I saw that the Proti Diet Grape drink had corn syrup solids in it... Is that ok!?

There are actually some IP products that also use sugar, corn syrup and other sweeteners (but I don't believe any with aspartame) so I honestly didn't concern myself too much with the sweeteners - especially because I don't appear to be overly sensitive to any one type. The key with the packets is that anything in the ingredients we can't normally have on the protocol (wheat/starch, sugar, nuts) is very tightly controlled. I follow the IP protocol 100% but just use alternatives in place of IP packets. And now that I'm phasing off, I'm doing the same straight through to maintenance!

Ilovesugar
02-09-2013, 08:49 PM
There are actually some IP products that also use sugar, corn syrup and other sweeteners (but I don't believe any with aspartame) so I honestly didn't concern myself too much with the sweeteners - especially because I don't appear to be overly sensitive to any one type. The key with the packets is that anything in the ingredients we can't normally have on the protocol (wheat/starch, sugar, nuts) is very tightly controlled. I follow the IP protocol 100% but just use alternatives in place of IP packets. And now that I'm phasing off, I'm doing the same straight through to maintenance!

Good to know! Can you share some of your favorite alternatives, restricted & non restricted. :)

scorbett1103
02-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Good to know! Can you share some of your favorite alternatives, restricted & non restricted. :)

I've actually purchased most of what is recommended in the Alternatives threads, there are tons of great posts about products people have tried.

Shedit
02-09-2013, 09:08 PM
I used OFF5 tonight for a 5% discount with Nashua...love them!

becca46200
02-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Nashua Nutrition Rocks, ship quick and pricing realy helps my checkbook!

Same as IP Chocolate Soy Puffs

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/proti-thin-snack-chocolate-covered-soy-snacks-7-box.html

Only made this once but it was good, still have the rest

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/proti-thin-sweet-roll-mix-chocolate-chip-6-box.html

Good and filling but a restricted, I don't order them any more, also takes up too much room in my cupboard.
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/proti-thin-zipper-snacks-bbq-7-box.html
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/proti-thin-zipper-snacks-sour-cream-and-fine-herbs-7-box.html

One at work and one at home, awesome, not as good as IP but close enough

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/hot-drinks/protidiet-hot-drink-hot-cocoa-jug-21-servings.html

Again one at work and one at home, good stuff

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/breakfast-items/protidiet-oatmeal-maple-n-brown-sugar-jug-20-servings.html

Not as good as IP but OK, I'd rather just use real eggs or egg whites, just bought a carton of egg whites Sunday, have not used them yet.
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/breakfast-items/protidiet-omelette-bacon-and-cheese-7-box.html

These are freaking Awesome, taste just like a chocolate bar and only 6 carbs!

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-bars/protidiet-protein-bar-chocolate-dream-7-box.html

Good stuff, compact for storage and travel and not restricted
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/protidiet-protein-crisps-bbq-7-box.html
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/protidiet-protein-crisps-chipotle-7-box.html
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/protidiet-protein-crisps-white-cheddar-7-box.html

Good and not restricted. I don't like the chocolate as much so I only order the vanillia now. Awesome

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-bars/protidiet-protein-wafer-bar-chocolate-7-box.html
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-bars/protidiet-protein-wafer-bar-vanilla-7-box.html

Excellent advise, thank you

SanB608
02-10-2013, 07:31 PM

I have never spoken to my coach about alternatives, but I use them. I list what I use in my journal and she has never questioned. But, I also buy a box of IP products every once in a while. There are certain IP products I really enjoy and haven't found a comparative alternative. I have just finished my 4th week and am down 17 pounds. So I do believe if you watch what you purchase and try to choose products that are as strict as IP products, it will not affect your weight loss.

SanB608
02-10-2013, 07:35 PM
I'm new to ordering from Nashua so there may be a much better substitute to IP's Apple Cinnamon Soy Snacks, but the closest I've had so far is:
Healthsmarts Cinnamon Cereal - NON-Restricted, taste great, but not as sweet - the amount is plentiful.

The item that is my FAVORITE thus far is:
Protidiet Peanut Butter and Smooth Caramel Crisp -
I calculate it to be NON-Restricted: 40 fat cal/140 cal total, 8g carbs (total 18g carbs - 10g dietary fiber), and 15g protein.
The texture is really nice, not super sweet. Nice size (like IP bars), the Healthsmart bars are much smaller and not as filling IMO. The bar also doesn't leave me with a weird aftertaste like I get from the Healthsmart bars IMO.

Jen
I just discovered these bars. They are awesome and being non-restrictive brings a huge smile to my face.

mrspett
02-27-2013, 09:44 PM
Ok my head is spinning trying to find out do we use the Proti diet just like IP with having only 3 packs a day along with the allowed meats and veggies?? Im new to this board and may not be looking up the info correctly, so please forgive me.

scorbett1103
02-27-2013, 09:51 PM
Ok my head is spinning trying to find out do we use the Proti diet just like IP with having only 3 packs a day along with the allowed meats and veggies?? Im new to this board and may not be looking up the info correctly, so please forgive me.

Correct.

ProtiDiet (and other products mentioned on the Alternatives threads) are treated just like IP packets. They have basically the same nutrition. You also follow the IP standards for what is restricted vs unrestricted:

8g net carbs or less is unrestricted
9g net carbs to 16g net carbs - restricted (once per day)
17g net carbs - super restricted (twice per week only)

patns
02-28-2013, 01:07 AM
Yes you use the proti products just like the IP products. In fact they both are produced in Quesbec , I think they are likely all coming fromthe same place.

Go to the sticky notes on the first page of the daily thread and run off the protocol sheet for phase1. Then just use the proti packets (protithin or protidiet) in place of the IP products.

patns
02-28-2013, 01:10 AM
I am always surprised that people continue to go to coaches after switching to alternative products.
The one I went too was quite good, just too far away for me to get too. But there would be no way I would be allowed tostay as a client if not using the IP products.

leannekarella
02-28-2013, 01:16 AM
I am always surprised that people continue to go to coaches after switching to alternative products.
The one I went too was quite good, just too far away for me to get too. But there would be no way I would be allowed tostay as a client if not using the IP products.

I admitted to my coach I'm using "some" alternatives, because of money issues. He wasn't happy, but he said he'd still see me. Truth is I'm about 2/3 alternative - still some IP flavors I prefer over other brands - but I didn't tell him that. Probably won't be seeing him too much longer, since it's cheaper for me to order from Plain Protein than it is to go to him.

mrspett
02-28-2013, 06:23 AM
Has anyone ever order from this site. The boxes are like $11.99 plus free shipping over $120.00. I checked out Justplainprotein.com, Nashua.com, and Diet Direct and Protifood.com seems to have the lowest prices. Also if you have ordered how long did it take to ship, I'm in Maryland. Thanks

lcheech
02-28-2013, 07:26 AM
I admitted to my coach I'm using "some" alternatives, because of money issues. He wasn't happy, but he said he'd still see me. Truth is I'm about 2/3 alternative - still some IP flavors I prefer over other brands - but I didn't tell him that. Probably won't be seeing him too much longer, since it's cheaper for me to order from Plain Protein than it is to go to him.

That's so crazy how some coaches react to us using alternative. My coach loves ProtiDiet. She used to be all about IP, but I would imagine it was expensive for her too. Maybe... I really don't know why she switched. But She prefers Proti-Diet. I haven't had any IP packets yet to compare, but she said not only is it waaaay cheaper, but it tastes better than IP. And the nutrition factors are pretty much the same.

JCWilkie
02-28-2013, 11:19 AM
Has anyone ever order from this site. The boxes are like $11.99 plus free shipping over $120.00. I checked out Justplainprotein.com, Nashua.com, and Diet Direct and Protifood.com seems to have the lowest prices. Also if you have ordered how long did it take to ship, I'm in Maryland. Thanks

I did not place my order but their phone number is out of order and they have not returned my email.

mrspett
02-28-2013, 11:38 AM
I just talk to Protifoods.com. They are located in Connecticut and recommends 5 meals and 2 of their bars a day which is 7 meals total with 3-4 oz lean meat and two cups of veggies for dinner. Their phone is 1-877-676-0050, very nice. Hopes this helps.

patns
02-28-2013, 11:54 AM
I just talk to Protifoods.com. They are located in Connecticut and recommends 5 meals and 2 of their bars a day which is 7 meals total with 3-4 oz lean meat and two cups of veggies for dinner. Their phone is 1-877-676-0050, very nice. Hopes this helps.

Personally I would just use their products and follow the IP protocal sheet.
That seems to be too low for the animal protein at dinner. The bars are resticted so 2 is high in carbs.

Is that 5 reguar meals they meant? I would gain on these recommendations but I may be interpreting this wrong.

patns
02-28-2013, 12:00 PM
That's so crazy how some coaches react to us using alternative. My coach loves ProtiDiet. She used to be all about IP, but I would imagine it was expensive for her too. Maybe... I really don't know why she switched. But She prefers Proti-Diet. I haven't had any IP packets yet to compare, but she said not only is it waaaay cheaper, but it tastes better than IP. And the nutrition factors are pretty much the same.

The reason she loves it is because many of the Canadian IP clinics have switched to the protidiet products. They are charging way more than we were paying buying them directly online. Since they started doing this the places we were buying them online no longer have them.
This is why I think the protidiet and IP products are coming from the same source. They are all produced in Quebec.

scorbett1103
02-28-2013, 12:38 PM

That's great, however we are following the Ideal Protein protocol and just using comparable products :)

Suchawittygal
02-28-2013, 01:14 PM

My coach dropped me just for buying SOME of my IP products from the Protein Store. She NEVER had a lot of the items I considered staples, so I had to buy them elsewhere. It really pissed me off, especially after paying the huge amount of money up front for "her services" (and I use that term loosely here) and then to have her drop me after only two months (3 weeks of which she was not even available due to being on vacation), I don't think it was fair. But oh well...$600 learning experience. ugh.

leannekarella
02-28-2013, 01:30 PM

It's the same thing with Wonder Slim... the thing is, they cannot legally promote a diet under 800 calories. This is why they tell you to eat more packets than we do on IP.

I use them as alternatives, and just follow IP protocol. And yes, their flavor is slightly better than a lot of IP products. AND I can find some lower sodium products, which is very helpful because of my other medical issues.

mrspett
02-28-2013, 02:59 PM
OK great, Im gonna order and follow IP program still! Thx

JCWilkie
03-01-2013, 01:57 PM

Does anyone know if they shipp to Canada. The number doesn't work up here and they have not returned my emails.

mrspett
03-01-2013, 09:34 PM
I will call Monday and ask and post on the board for you.

Calisto
03-02-2013, 03:51 PM
But there would be no way I would be allowed tostay as a client if not using the IP products.

My good friend who got me on IP ran into money issues and went to Alternatives, her coach actually was telling her which ones to go to (in the store) that would be like IP. She is also still going to her every week!

WorldTraveleronIP
03-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Tried the Proti-diet blueberry pancakes this am...yum! Yay for alternatives! I'll still buy some IP, but it is nice to have a reasonable variety :)

P.S. WLS cheesecake is amazing!!!

safetylady
03-17-2013, 08:07 PM
I don't understand why the protidiet chocolate protein wafer bar and the protidiet pancakes are restricted. Could someone please help me understand this better. Am new to ideal protein but am dabbling the alternatives. thanks

IdealProteinNewbie
03-17-2013, 08:13 PM
I don't understand why the protidiet chocolate protein wafer bar and the protidiet pancakes are restricted. Could someone please help me understand this better. Am new to ideal protein but am dabbling the alternatives. thanks

They are low carb but high fat.

safetylady
03-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Am I doing this right?

Pancakes
calories 90
calories from fat 10
carbs 6
protein 15 grams
This makes the pancakes unrestricted

Choc wafer bar
calories 150
calories from fat 90
carbs total 8 - fiber 1 - sugar alcohol 2 (net carb 5)
protein 12
This makes choc wafer bar restricted because of the fat

thanks am trying to learn - love this site.

IdealProteinNewbie
03-18-2013, 06:20 AM
Am I doing this right?

Pancakes
calories 90
calories from fat 10
carbs 6
protein 15 grams
This makes the pancakes unrestricted

Choc wafer bar
calories 150
calories from fat 90
carbs total 8 - fiber 1 - sugar alcohol 2 (net carb 5)
protein 12
This makes choc wafer bar restricted because of the fat

thanks am trying to learn - love this site.

Pancakes look good!

Yes, the wafers are high in fat and a little too low in protein. Most of IP's restricted have 15 grams of protein. Also, I don't generally subtract sugar alcohols, only fiber. I know others do though.

safetylady
03-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Thanks - I like the pancake with Waldon Farm syrup!

familyuv4
04-10-2013, 01:41 PM

I know that the Proti-diet shakes have sugar in them..

lisa32989
04-10-2013, 02:07 PM
I know that the Proti-diet shakes have sugar in them..
Some of the IP products contain sugar, as well :)

4Mom
04-10-2013, 04:40 PM
When doing Alternatives what do you do about the vitamins you are required to take, where do you get them?

safetylady
04-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Am just ending week 5 tomorrow and mix up IP and Proti-diet items for change and cost. Weight loss has not been effected. Like the idea that there are a couple of non restricted Proti-diet items like the pancakes and Honey Nut Soy Cereal.

Momto2cs
04-10-2013, 08:24 PM
And the oatmeal. Yum.

psjones
04-10-2013, 09:13 PM
When doing Alternatives what do you do about the vitamins you are required to take, where do you get them?

plainprotein.com (http://www.plainprotein.com/index.php?p=homehttp://)

scorbett1103
04-11-2013, 12:11 PM

I still purchased the IP vitamins through www.plainprotein.com - it was simpler than trying to match up the nutrients without taking a huge amount of pills.

snickers70
04-16-2013, 07:40 AM
Ordered my first batch of "alternatives".. thanks for all the suggestions!!

getnlean
04-16-2013, 07:43 AM
Ordered my first batch of "alternatives".. thanks for all the suggestions!!

I just received my first order of alternatives too. I am going to try mixing them in.

DRegan
04-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Hi
Can someone confirm for
me if these proti-diet items are
good alternatives? Unrestricted
Choc drink
Chicken soup
Choc pudding
Peanut supreme bar

I think they are but just making
sure! Great info here!
Thx!!

D

scorbett1103
04-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Hi
Can someone confirm for
me if these proti-diet items are
good alternatives? Unrestricted
Choc drink
Chicken soup
Choc pudding
Peanut supreme bar

I think they are but just making
sure! Great info here!
Thx!!

D

The soup, drink and pudding are all unrestricted. The Supreme Peanut bar is restricted (12g net carbs). I haven't come across anything that Proti Diet makes that isn't good for Phase 1, you just have to be aware of what is restricted vs unrestricted.

DRegan
04-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Thanks Scorbett!!!!

Really appreciate the info!!!

D

Skinnyjeangirl
04-16-2013, 08:46 PM
ordered mine , it's on the way.. I will let you all know what I think..:coffee:

50harvest
04-19-2013, 09:04 PM
I received an email from DietDirect-- 10% off all Protidiet products thru Saturday April 20th at 7 pm EST, with code PDFLASH10.

I ordered a few new Protidiet items that I haven't tried yet. :D

emberleo
06-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Hi there, I'm researching alternatives. About a year ago I did ideal protein for 6 weeks and it worked well but it's just too costly for me. Looking at the prodiet shakes -- is it unrestricted even though it contains 10 carbs per serving? Noob question I know.

accgy
06-14-2013, 02:22 PM
Hi there, I'm researching alternatives. About a year ago I did ideal protein for 6 weeks and it worked well but it's just too costly for me. Looking at the prodiet shakes -- is it unrestricted even though it contains 10 carbs per serving? Noob question I know.

Technically... if it's 10 net carbs then it is restricted, if it's 10 carbs and contains fiber or sugar alcohols then you subtract those from the cards to get your total carbs and if that's under 8 then it's unrestricted...

scorbett1103
06-14-2013, 04:05 PM
Technically... if it's 10 net carbs then it is restricted, if it's 10 carbs and contains fiber or sugar alcohols then you subtract those from the cards to get your total carbs and if that's under 8 then it's unrestricted...

Just a word of caution - even the American Diabetic Association does NOT recommend subtracting sugar alcohols when figuring net carbs. Many forms of sugar alcohol still elicit a glycemic response in the body.

Unrestricted products are 8g net carbs or less, restricted are 9-16g net carbs, and Super restricted (may only have twice per week) are 17g net carbs. Anything above that is too high in carbs for IP.

drivebynotthru
06-14-2013, 06:25 PM
I order from nashua nutrition and they offer a repeat customer discount of 10% for a one time 29.99 fee. That's worth it to me. You can't find it on the site, but you can put it in the comments section and they will email you.

My faves:
proti diet peanut butter and smooth caramel crisp-8 net carbs
crunch cereal chocolate bar-9 net carbs
proti diet white cheddar crisps-8 carbs
proti thin zipper snacks fine herb and sour cream (i split the bag in two for two 5.5 net carb servings)

Don't like:
oatmeals
choc drink
I haven't tried too many others. I buy IP choc drink and chick soup and all my snacks from nashua nutrition.

drivebynotthru
06-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Also, something that I realized was that I had to order my bars for the whole summer. It gets really hot here in the summer and I didn't want melted bars. It is hard to have a huge supply in the pantry, but it's better than getting ruined food. Just something to think about if you live in a warmer climate.

shoesandboyz
06-25-2013, 12:56 AM
My coach is changing from ideal protein to protidiet..how does it work?? Anyone care to update me please!!!:o

shoesandboyz
06-25-2013, 12:59 AM
Well..I started ideal protein and lost 15 pounds..I went away and cheated for 3 weeks..manage for keep a 10pound weight loss..I am back but my coach has changed to proti diet.I went in today and bought the last batch of ideal protein..so..anyone on protidiet please tell me how it works so I have an ideal please!

lisa32989
06-25-2013, 07:51 AM
It works the same. It is one of the alternatives many people here buy from Nashua Nutrition
If your coach is charging more than $15/box, you can get it for less money elsewhere

A1Texan
06-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Well..I started ideal protein and lost 15 pounds..I went away and cheated for 3 weeks..manage for keep a 10pound weight loss..I am back but my coach has changed to proti diet.I went in today and bought the last batch of ideal protein..so..anyone on protidiet please tell me how it works so I have an ideal please!
I'm using mostly alternatives and 80% of those are Proti Diet items. I haven't seen any difference in my losses. And I think a lot of the food taste better :)