Old 05-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #1  
joanne

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/155

Height: 5'4"

Default mood swings

anyone have any issues with mood swings, Im on week four and am doing great but I have been an angry moody lunatic for the last three days, my husband is ready to kill me and the bad thing is I know I'm acting like a lunatic!
jo2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo2155 View Post
anyone have any issues with mood swings, Im on week four and am doing great but I have been an angry moody lunatic for the last three days, my husband is ready to kill me and the bad thing is I know I'm acting like a lunatic!
Kinda. I find I get very cranky when I'm being really strict, and the scale's not moving. I'm not sure that's so much a mood swing as a perfectly valid emotion, tho. So... maybe?
Lisaf373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:15 PM   #3  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

I have been moody at times. I tend to snap a lot on my fiance. I am with my toddler all day so that alone can make anyone crazy I am obviously not going to snap on her for no reason so when fiance gets home he gets an ear full. He says he can't wait until I am off this diet, and become happier again. I know I am moody, and cranky, but I just can't help it.
Shrinking Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/159/145 Started April 13

Height: 5'6"

I shouldn't give advice on this because I don't really know what I'm talking about, but.... you need to ensure there is fat in your diet to avoid depression. I was told the reason had to do with some gland or another. I learned this the hard way when I was on a no-fat diet, it is very applicable to me, may not be to everyone but it is worth considering. Are you getting your daily oil? Just a thought. Good luck.
ZM123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:34 PM   #5  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

This diet also messes with your hormones. I have mood swings out the wazoo. A few months ago, we discussed a study which found fat cells have "memory." I'm too tired tonight to really explain it, but think about the last time you were at ___ pounds. When you hit that again, the toxins released from the cells as you lose them can bring up old emotions. Weird, and I'm not saying it right. I'll try again tomorrow.
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:36 PM   #6  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Oh, but as far as the hormones go, don't forget that you should use a backup birth control method. Because this diet messes with our hormones so much, it can render hormonal birth control ineffective. Condoms, spermicides, the sponge, and IUDs are not affected. TMI?
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
This diet also messes with your hormones. I have mood swings out the wazoo. A few months ago, we discussed a study which found fat cells have "memory." I'm too tired tonight to really explain it, but think about the last time you were at ___ pounds. When you hit that again, the toxins released from the cells as you lose them can bring up old emotions. Weird, and I'm not saying it right. I'll try again tomorrow.
Not exactly the same, but on the same topic: Fat stores estrogen. It's part of why when you gain weight, your period might get erratic, but will come back to normal as you lose it. When you get rid of the fat, all that estrogen is released back into your body. That has an effect on a number of things, including your mood.
Lisaf373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:33 AM   #8  
joanne

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/155

Height: 5'4"

thanks guys was starting to feel nutty
jo2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 224/204/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Maybe this is why I'm having more frequent breakouts...not bad but more noticeable since starting the diet!

I am doing this diet through my OB's office and they never mentioned having to use back up methods of birth control....I will be asking about this on Thursday! I think my list has about 5 questions so far!
ltaylor716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/150/150

Height: 5'5"

I experienced this in the last day. I had a big loss this week and had what felt like the worst case of PMS ever. I'm 44 and have a Mirena IUD for years (without issue) so my actual periods are almost nonexistent. I'm a women's health RN and understand quite a bit about hormonal effects, but normally I'm super even and mellow. This was like the stuff I deal with as a teenager. Ugh! This too shall pass.
SE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:28 PM   #11  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

sorry, just cruising by, I'm not on the IPD. I just wanted to mention that for some people (and I am one of them) low carb diets can trigger depression, sometimes severe depression. If the mood swing is just temporary, it might just be the body adjusting, but if it is something you notice frequently or with increasing severity it might be something to use caution with. Best of luck!
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

I know with my first go around with IP I was having bad mood swings and what I found helped was daily Omega-3 supplements. I remember getting this info from the forums and it did help me (even if it was a placebo effect) Omega-3 is good for us for other reasons so i figured it could not hurt.
This is where I buy mine and the type I have used for years as recommended by an IP'er smarter then me. https://www.vitasave.ca/nordic-natur...r-nn72790.html I hope that helps you.
MonicaKolesnik is offline   Reply With Quote