Old 01-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

That's awesome! Thank you so much. Having options for these little "treats" really helps!
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:50 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 144.4 /136.6 /103-105

Height: 4' 11"

[QUOTE=rainbowsmiles;4585660]
DECADENT PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE TRUFFLES

OMG !!!! Definintly going to have to try these !!!Thanks for sharing !!
byugrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #48  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

AWESOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashuaNutrition View Post
Nashua Nutrition would like to offer the 3 Fat Chicks Community a 10% Off Discount Code. Use Discount Code 3FATCHICKS (No Spaces) during checkout to receive 10% off your entire order.

This code will expire on Friday, February 1st 2013 at Midnight EST.

Limit 1 Coupon Use Per Customer. Cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions.

Please feel free to pass along this discount code to other 3 Fat Chicks Community members and/or forum postings.

Thank You,
Nashua Nutrition
www.NashuaNutrition.com
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #49  
Restart 3/1/15

S/C/G: 307.4/270/200

Height: 5'7

Just wondering but is the Proti-diet fudge cake non restricted or restricted?
Sammie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #50  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie12 View Post
Just wondering but is the Proti-diet fudge cake non restricted or restricted?
9g net carbs (11g carbs - 2g fiber) makes it a restricted item.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #51  
Restart 3/1/15

S/C/G: 307.4/270/200

Height: 5'7

Thank you Scorbett I will
Sammie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Best thing about the oatmeal: It is unrestricted vs IPs is restricted!

I LOVE making it into pancakes or muffins. Same recipe just stove top or oven

2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 packet (or scoop) oatmeal
1 c shredded zucchini (optional but I like the texture better WITH it. I lightly saute first)
also optional: cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
I made these tonight for the upcoming week, and omg!!! Thank you so much for this suggestion! They taste so good and i can't believe they're unrestricted AND count towards my veggies! I didn't have enough oatmeal packets, so i used two of the oatmeal packets and two plain pancake packets. Thanks again!
Old 01-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #53  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Yep this is correct - the wafers and the Chocolate Dream bars "technically" are low enough in carbs to APPEAR unrestricted, but the fat content makes them restricted. If you look at the nutritional info on the Ideal Protein soy nuts, it is the same situation - low enough in carbs to be unrestricted, but because of the fat content they are on the "restricted" list on the protocol.

Scorbett (or anyone who can answer) -
Can you confirm....... 9 grams carbs or 10 grams carbs makes an item RESTRICTED?
So, you take the total carbs minus the fiber and this equals the number of grams of carbs that we use to determine restricted/unrestricted item.

Also, how do you evaluate the fat content to determine if an item is restricted or unrestricted for IP alternative?

Bottom line if either the CARBS or the FAT makes an item restricted, then it is restricted, correct?

Thanks ahead for the help and clarification, Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:31 AM   #54  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
Scorbett (or anyone who can answer) -
Can you confirm....... 9 grams carbs or 10 grams carbs makes an item RESTRICTED?
So, you take the total carbs minus the fiber and this equals the number of grams of carbs that we use to determine restricted/unrestricted item.

Also, how do you evaluate the fat content to determine if an item is restricted or unrestricted for IP alternative?

Bottom line if either the CARBS or the FAT makes an item restricted, then it is restricted, correct?

Thanks ahead for the help and clarification, Jen
9g NET carbs or more is restricted (17g net carbs or more is super-restricted, or twice per week only) You subtract Dietary fiber from total carbs to get net carbs.

If the carbs are low but the fat is more than 30% of the total calories (take calories from fat and multiply by 3, then see if it's more or less than the total calories) - that would make it a restricted item. It's really only the case for the wafers and soy nuts, as far as I've seen. Now, if the fat calories are more than 30% total calories AND the carbs are enough to make it restricted, that is a product I would avoid completely.

Always check the carbs first for restricted vs unrestricted, that's going to be the deciding factor 90% of the time.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:36 AM   #55  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
9g NET carbs or more is restricted (17g net carbs or more is super-restricted, or twice per week only) You subtract Dietary fiber from total carbs to get net carbs.

If the carbs are low but the fat is more than 30% of the total calories (take calories from fat and multiply by 3, then see if it's more or less than the total calories) - that would make it a restricted item. It's really only the case for the wafers and soy nuts, as far as I've seen. Now, if the fat calories are more than 30% total calories AND the carbs are enough to make it restricted, that is a product I would avoid completely.

Always check the carbs first for restricted vs unrestricted, that's going to be the deciding factor 90% of the time.
Scorbett - Thank you for coming to the rescue. My brain and body appreciate it very much! Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #56  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
Scorbett - Thank you for coming to the rescue. My brain and body appreciate it very much! Jen
No problem!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 212/185/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittStar027 View Post
Thank you so much! I'm looking to order the chocolate drink, hot chocolate, pancakes, and oatmeal. I was skeptical of the fruit drinks as i couldn't stand the IP fruit flavored ones. The cereals are out of stock, but i'll keep an eye out for them to be replenished. I didn't like the IP soups, is the chicken noodle one similar to those or just good in general??
I think we are in this together girl.
I start IP today I purchased the Proti-diet maple oatmeal, veggie soup, and chocolate shake. My coach said its the same as IP, but tastes a bit better and cheaper in price.
So I guess we shall see
lcheech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #58  
60 great years young

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashuaNutrition View Post
Nashua Nutrition would like to offer the 3 Fat Chicks Community a 10% Off Discount Code. Use Discount Code 3FATCHICKS (No Spaces) during checkout to receive 10% off your entire order.

This code will expire on Friday, February 1st 2013 at Midnight EST.

Limit 1 Coupon Use Per Customer. Cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions.

Please feel free to pass along this discount code to other 3 Fat Chicks Community members and/or forum postings.

Thank You,
Nashua Nutrition
www.NashuaNutrition.com
I failed to input the discount code and called today. Thank you Nashua for issuing the credit and offering your products at a reasonable price!
Shedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zweezers View Post
I just received an order from protidiet-diet. Really like the chocolate drink - I was worried that it would be watery but its very similar to IP.
Chocolate dream bar- didn't like at all. Very waxy and gave me a terrible headache the next day.
Vanilla pudding - very good. Nice flavour and texture - very good in the chai latte.
My next order will include the cereals, chocolate fudge cake and orange mango drink.

Rainbowsmiles, can you tell me how to make the truffles? That sounds great!
Good morning, noticed you are from Canada as well. I've been ordering ProtiDiet products from Proteinwell but noticed they don't have any more items listed on their site - not sure if they are going under. Where do you order from?
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcheech View Post
I think we are in this together girl.
I start IP today I purchased the Proti-diet maple oatmeal, veggie soup, and chocolate shake. My coach said its the same as IP, but tastes a bit better and cheaper in price.
So I guess we shall see
I actually have had very good luck with ProtiDiet. I've saved a fortune already and i feel like i have so many more options. I love the chicken noodle soup, chocolate shake (it's delicious heated up for "hot chocolate"), blueberry and plain pancake, lemon drink and hot chocolate (i wouldn't buy it again just because the chocolate shake is great heated). The bacon and cheese omelet is pretty good and the maple and brown sugar oatmeal is good but i get sick of it fast. I have since made them into muffins (which are delicious btw). I didn't like the grape drink, but kept it for emergencies. I have another order waiting to go out that has the cream of chicken soup, pomegranate bars and honey nut cereal (along with my now established favorites). Let me know how you do! I did IP about two years ago and lost a bunch of weight. Now i'm on round two. Good luck!