Old 05-15-2016, 03:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Default Chef Verati Phase 4 cookbook

Has anyone seen or bought Chef Verati's Phase 4 cookbook?

My clinic is having an evening with Chef Verati this week, and I'm sure the cookbook will be available. I have a lot of cookbooks already, but just wondered if anyone found it was worth buying?
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 06:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

I do not love his books. Seems good for special occasions but not practical for my every day life, and I come from a gourmet foodie family. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts after the class, sounds fun!
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

I have Janeva's, loved it for P1 and still use it weekly in maintenance. I can't remember if you ordered it or not - sorry

Let us know how the class goes - sounds awesome!
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
Has anyone seen or bought Chef Verati's Phase 4 cookbook?

My clinic is having an evening with Chef Verati this week, and I'm sure the cookbook will be available. I have a lot of cookbooks already, but just wondered if anyone found it was worth buying?
I have his book, and am on his FB page, he's a really neat guy. I haven't used his recipes much myself as some of the recipes are a little fiddly and I like my food to look good but I won't be doing any fancy cuts on veggies or other types of attractive tricks with my food. Flavours are good though. The book is beautiful as an art piece, with amazing photos, but can be hard to read due to the strange fonts.
I would definitely go just to see him, he's pretty inspirational and lots of fun.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:20 PM   #5  

Thanks everyone. Should be a fun evening, I'm looking forward to it. Probably won't buy the cookbook, I have a ton of recipes already that I don't cook although I love to look at the pretty pictures in the books
Our meals tend to be pretty boring, we usually grill something, with veggies and/or a salad.
I'll come back to let you know how it was.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I've always been a sucker for a cute accent anyhow, Chef Verati's french accent is sweet.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:26 PM   #7  

Me too, Liana - We lived in Montreal for 2 years, loved the accent! Tried my best to pick one up while we were there, but my pathetic attempts at speaking French, well, let's just say my friends all have a great sense of humour!
Old 05-16-2016, 05:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

I bought the cookbook. I agree with Liana, the pictures are beautiful, but the recipes are very fiddly. My main objection to the book was that the macros NEVER matched and most of the time they were way off. I asked the Chef about it on his Facebook page and never got an answer.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:24 AM   #9  

Chef Verati is charming and funny and very entertaining, it was a really nice evening. And yes, that French accent, reminded me so much of our time in Quebec!! He cooked 4 or 5 things, all easy and looked yummy, I brought DH with me, and he said everything appealed to him! It was aimed more at P1 peeps, but I found a lot of it useful, lots of tips, big, big focus on preparation, as we all know is so important.
I didn't buy the cookbook, btw, although it looked very nice. I think I might have if I was in P1, or near the end of it.
He seems to do a lot of travelling/presentations for IP. If you ever have a chance to go to one, absolutely, recommend it.