Old 01-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #16  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Nashua Nutrition Rocks, ship quick and pricing realy helps my checkbook!

Same as IP Chocolate Soy Puffs

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...cks-7-box.html

Only made this once but it was good, still have the rest

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...hip-6-box.html

Good and filling but a restricted, I don't order them any more, also takes up too much room in my cupboard.
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...bbq-7-box.html
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...rbs-7-box.html

One at work and one at home, awesome, not as good as IP but close enough

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...-servings.html

Again one at work and one at home, good stuff

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...-servings.html

Not as good as IP but OK, I'd rather just use real eggs or egg whites, just bought a carton of egg whites Sunday, have not used them yet.
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...ese-7-box.html

These are freaking Awesome, taste just like a chocolate bar and only 6 carbs!

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...eam-7-box.html

Good stuff, compact for storage and travel and not restricted
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...bbq-7-box.html
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...tle-7-box.html
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...dar-7-box.html

Good and not restricted. I don't like the chocolate as much so I only order the vanillia now. Awesome

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...ate-7-box.html
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...lla-7-box.html

Last edited by usmcvet; 01-09-2013 at 12:30 PM.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Height: 5'5"

Love:
The Chocolate and Vanilla shakes. My favorite for the past month is to add a little DaVinci Sugar Free Eggnog flavor to the vanilla shake and a little fresh grated nutmeg. Tastes like a McDonald's Egg Nog shake. Yum.
The Peanut Butter Smooth Caramel Crisp bar--very candy-like.
The Blue Raspberry drink, because my favorite flavor is blue.

Hate:
The Tomato Basil soup. OMG awful
The oatmeal. Has this weird nasty texture. The Proti-THIN oatmeal is way better.
this girl is awake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #18  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittStar027 View Post
[cut] ...I was skeptical of the fruit drinks as i couldn't stand the IP fruit flavored ones. ...[cut]
Oh! I have to tell you, I only tried one drink from Proti-Diet but it did not have anything in common with IP drinks. I also find IP overly sweet - in that bad fake sweet way - and very strong flavored. I tried "Green Tea - Cranberry" drink from Proti-Diet and found it wonderfully refreshing, tasting natural, and delicious in a mild, unassuming way.

Of course we all have different tastes, I for example like bacon omelet very much!

And the third thing I tried was vanilla pudding: I was surprised that I did not hate the taste at all...it was also more natural-tasting than some other products I tried.
learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

I like Proti Diet maple brown sugar oatmeal and have a sweet tooth in general. From Nashua Nutrition, I always buy several boxes of the Healthsmart variety pack of the bars.

For the first time I had the Good Health Brand of the vegetable chili: 115 cal, 1 g fat, 5 carbs (3 dietary fiber, so 2 net carbs). Taste was OK - not great but then I don't expect diet food to replace the real chili I would usually eat and while I'm on this diet, I can eat almost anything because I have my goal firmly set in front of me. The challenge is when I get hungry and I want 2 lunches for example. So, chug, chug, chug! However, next time I'll have the chili over miracle noodles so I have more bulk.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #20  
Reboot: 01/01/15

S/C/G: 167 / 151.0 / 125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
The Tomato Basil soup. OMG awful
I LOVE making flatbread from the Tom/Basil soup!

2 egg whites, 1 tsp olive oil, 1/4+ tsp of baking powder, bake at 350, flipping once. ** Thanks to LizRR and her Fun with IP Packet recipes!!

It's. Awesome.
KLD81230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #21  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Just got my first shipment from Nashua Nutrition today (same day as my weigh-in, ironically!) I can't wait to try something new and different!
I'm looking forward to Cheesecake Nibbles and Pretzels, courtesy of Rainbow Smiles!!
tam67green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 144.4 /136.6 /103-105

Height: 4' 11"

This is so funny as I made an order today ! Then as I was looking thru the site again, I was wondering if I had made a mistake, Until I got here and started reading the posts. Thanks for asking about this I was curious myself.
I usually just buy IP but was getting kind of bored with the choices. Hopefully I will like the ones I purchased so I can have more choices
byugrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

I love the mint chocolate pudding/shake. I make it as hot chocolate all the time.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

My order shipped today and should be here on Friday. I'm so excited!!! If all goes well, i'll be placing another order very soon!
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #25  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittStar027 View Post
My order shipped today and should be here on Friday. I'm so excited!!! If all goes well, i'll be placing another order very soon!
make sure you come back and let us all know which foods YOU like and why!
best of luck to you!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

I definitely will!
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 282/240/190

Height: 5' 10"

What are be some good restricted Protidiet products compared to the IP products? My wife really wants to start an Alternative product plan after watching my early success. We don't really want to spend $700+/month for both of us to do IP. I know that I could get her the EAS Carb Control shakes to replace the IP shakes and some of you have mentioned the Protidiet soups as a great alternative to the IP soups...I obviously have our dinner taken care of...I just need some yummy restricted options for her snack. If anyone knows some alternative supplements to the IP ones that would be great also...I have been trying to comb through the threads for awhile now and I am starting to get a little cross-eyed . I have found this forum very helpful and supportive and I thank you guys in advance for any help!!!
HornsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornsFan View Post
What are be some good restricted Protidiet products compared to the IP products? My wife really wants to start an Alternative product plan after watching my early success. We don't really want to spend $700+/month for both of us to do IP. I know that I could get her the EAS Carb Control shakes to replace the IP shakes and some of you have mentioned the Protidiet soups as a great alternative to the IP soups...I obviously have our dinner taken care of...I just need some yummy restricted options for her snack. If anyone knows some alternative supplements to the IP ones that would be great also...I have been trying to comb through the threads for awhile now and I am starting to get a little cross-eyed . I have found this forum very helpful and supportive and I thank you guys in advance for any help!!!
My favorite restricted bars are the Healthsmart variety pack from nashuanutrition.com. This way I don't get bored and I like all of them.

Other favorites and tips: Proti-Thin Cream of Vegetable soup, Proti-Diet Pea Soup, Proti-Diet pancake mix, Proti-Diet oatmeal (note maple brown sugar has maybe 7 carbs making it unrestricted unlike the IP version), I make eight 2 oz. white turkey meat burgers from 1 pound of ground turkey breast once a week and freeze them in a zip lock bag and hard boil a couple of eggs to keep in the fridge. I use Miracle Noodles (fettuccine) every day for lunch – usually with soup and veggies so have a “pasta primavera” of sorts. Buy Miracle Noodles (0,0,0,) from www.iherb.com , free S&H over $20.00 plus also get my flavored stevia from them for my coffee and flavoring my vanilla pudding (stevia: English toffee, chocolate, vanilla crème, hazelnut, etc – I have all of them). Because I exercise 5 X week (2 X with weights, 3X Power plate plus dog walking) I at times, will add a 2 oz turkey patty at lunch and then have 6 oz. protein at dinner. Meanwhile I’m drinking 30 ounce tumblers of Mio flavored water (drink 4/day). I use a lot of Waldon Farms products and have to buy some of them online since don’t have the full array locally (www.netrition.com, flat $4.95 S&H). I put spinach in my milkshakes with ice cubes to extend them and get more veggies in. Use Proti-Thin vanilla and chocolate drinks but also the gnc Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein powder mentioned earlier. The Proti-Thin packets are handy to travel with so keep them for that.
Re IP, love the broc cheese soup, so that is the one product I buy from them. Their drinks and puddings are good, but hard to spend 5X more than what it costs to buy in bulk from GNC (Optimum Nutrition protein powder – buy on sale – if it’s on sale costs $.75/serving.)
One thing I noticed is the Proti-Thin and Proti-DIET products mix better with water than IP.

I have a Proti-Diet pancake with Walden Farms pancake syrup every morning. Very filling. They have a blueberry pancake also. I add a tsp of vanilla extract to the batter, tasty, satisfying. 100 calories, 7 carbs or less - so unrestricted in the IP world.

Last edited by Chloe222; 01-10-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

One thing to be aware of as you look at alternatives.....check the fat content. Yes the amount of carbs is important but so is the amount of fat. There was a proti-diet snack listed that had only 6 carbs but of the 170 calories 110 were fat and that is what we want to get rid of...the fat!!!

And the mint chocolate pudding/shake I mentioned is Diet Proteing to Go..not Proti-diet. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited by MustangMolly; 01-10-2013 at 04:33 PM.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #30  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
One thing to be aware of as you look at alternatives.....check the fat content. Yes the amount of carbs is important but so is the amount of fat. There was a proti-diet snack listed that had only 6 carbs but of the 170 calories 110 were fat and that is what we want to get rid of...the fat!!!

And the mint chocolate pudding/shake I mentioned is Diet Proteing to Go..not Proti-diet. Sorry for any confusion.
Yep this is correct - the wafers and the Chocolate Dream bars "technically" are low enough in carbs to APPEAR unrestricted, but the fat content makes them restricted. If you look at the nutritional info on the Ideal Protein soy nuts, it is the same situation - low enough in carbs to be unrestricted, but because of the fat content they are on the "restricted" list on the protocol.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote