Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 09:15 AM   #1  
Uber-Moderator!!

Angry LWL #97 - 7 Apr 03 - 5th week of bootcamp!

Howdy y'all!!! Hope you had a super weekend!!!

Just got back from a KILLER lower body workout. I KNOW I'm gonna be feeling it tomorrow fer sure!

I think a bunch of us are starting - or getting ready to start - a CKD training program. Today is Day 1 for me...I'm shooting for four weeks initially, then play by ear from there whether to keep on for another four weeks or to go back to my standard BFL type eating...so anticipating the lack of carbs until Friday night or Sat AM, Jim and I went to Romano's Macaroni Grill for a late pasta lunch yesterday. mmmm...

So...we'll see how it goes from here...

Gotta hop in the shower and I'll check in again later!
Old 04-07-2003, 09:58 AM   #2  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Hey folks,

I thought I would hop on and report the latest with me. I started BRx last Sunday and have just completed my first full week. After two BFL challenges I was stalling out. I am really thrilled w/ this new plan, I can already tell that I this is the shake up I needed. It is a bit more advanced and I am tracking everything I eat at fitday. Letting go of free day is going to help more than anything I think. I still have a few treat foods each week on this cycle but it is much more controlled.

Seems as if CKD is the hot thing right now. I look forward to hearing reports of everyones results and opinion of it.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:16 AM   #3  

Hola!

Good luck with your new programs! Keep us posted on your results.

I did Race for the Cure on Saturday. Well, I walked. My friend was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 35 two years ago and is a survivor. I was walking on her team but never found her (we forgot to bring cell phone numbers). 25,000 people showed up!

Yesterday was yard work. Blech.

Had a grea UBWO and I'm gonna feel it later.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 04-07-2003, 11:05 AM   #4  

Default 'Member me?

OK, I know it's been a while. Looking for a job takes a lot of time and you guys are prolific sheesh! I cannot keep up. Someone asked what type of job I was looking for a loooong time ago (sorry I cannot remember who, I'm a dork) I am looking to stay in the real estate biz - doing assistant work, or managing files. I know, file mang sounds like the dream job you always wanted as a child - but it's extremely lucrative.

What is CKD? And will it make me look like a fitness model by the 12th of June?

I do have one thing to report. A week or 2 ago I saw these luscious navel oranges at the store. I bought some to have with CC in the morning for a change from blue berries and apples. Then, I started having one as a snack. Pretty soon I was up to 3 a day. (this sounds like a pain pill story! ) Anyway.......I started noticing I was having trouble sticking to planned eating and couldn't shake a chocolate craving I was having. I never liked chocolate THAT much before. This was odd for me. But what was really troubling was the fact that I wasn't eating clean and didn't want to. It's obviously the fruit. So, I have backed off it for a while. We shall see.

I did get results back from the doc on blood sugars - totally normal. No meds needed. He said "you're my super star!"

Hope you all are doing well.

Niff
Old 04-07-2003, 01:57 PM   #5  
Hot Sauce!

Default Ugh...Monday...

Well it is Monday and we now have about 5 inches of snow on the ground with freezing rain on the way. It was just 70 degrees last week! Grief! Anyway, this afternoon I have to meet up with the city of warren for a house meeting and than at 4:30 I have my home inspection. If all goes well than the house is ours! If not than we need to see how bad any problems are that they find.

I started a new Body Rx challenge on Saturday. I will finish it this time barring injury or not. Last time I got all down and depressed when I hurt my shoulder and was unable to do upperbody workouts for 4 months. This time I will not have this happen and will make it! So far so good, have to make sure I hit my protein and fiber requirements! I see ledom started a body rx challenge also! Congrats on the first week!
Mrs. Jim, good luck on your CKD challenge. I am watching with interest because I may do it after Body Rx. Right now I am focusing on getting some of my strength back after my shoulder injury.

Have a great day all and stay safe to all of you stuck in this blizzard weather!
Old 04-07-2003, 02:09 PM   #6  

Good luck to you Jamie. I am still hanging in there. I am really don't doing Body RX anymore. I still do the workouts but just watch what I eat. I hope this one works out for you. I hear ya about being down. I took a week and a half off which hurt me. But this week I did lose 3.5lbs so things might look up.
Old 04-07-2003, 02:25 PM   #7  

Heya all!

Im making this my official start date for C2! My week 12 (last week) was a washout due to illness and became my rest week between challenges so Im off and running again!

My big huge problem now is running shoes. Ive bought and returned 2 pairs and am now on pair 3. They all fit great in the store but after 5 mins on the treadmill im in AGONY! I think they are too narrow for my left food. I get this fatigued crampy feeling on the outside of my foot, and the latest pair are rubbing my arch something fierce! I cant remember so do I put up with this and break them in or should shoes fit comfortably from the start?

Id buy a wider shoe but they dont make a small enough mens size, or a wide in womens! what to do?

(posting this on L&S for adice as well)

Hope you're all doing great!

Tidey
Old 04-07-2003, 02:31 PM   #8  

Tidey--New Balance comes in multiple widths. My feet went from a B width to a D and they are the only shoes that fit my wide *** feet. Right now, I'm wearing Adidas, but I will go back to NB again.

Also, they are the one shoe my footdoc husband recommends.
Old 04-07-2003, 04:32 PM   #9  
Peace with body and soul

hey Everyone, happy Monday from Snowville.

Mrs. J, I'll be watching you and the other CKDer's w/great interest as well. I have some questions about doing it and then going back to BRX or SP, so hopefully by the time I'm ready to jump in, I'll have a better idea of what I'm looking at w/a CKD plan.

Jamie, are you still doing SPII nutrition or back to BRX by the book?

Karla, not giving up means you're a winner. You go!

Hey Niffer and Shelby, good to see ya both back again!

Tidey, I don't know if Ryka makes a running shoe but I've gone to them from Nikes, because they're made for women's feet specifically. Shoes should feel good the minute you put them and not get worse. You might want to check them out.

Myself, I have chest, back and abs done for the week. Had a bit of an energy crisis over the weekend, I just was like a piece of rubber and was fatigued beyond belief. Guess I needed a little break so I took a couple days off. Time to start listening to the body for a change, would it steer me wrong? The experts say no.....

What do you guys think? Do you push yourself beyond exhaustion?
Old 04-07-2003, 04:39 PM   #10  
Mel

Default shoes

Tidey- I second it on the New Balance. Also, running shoes should be too big for you in the store. Buy a half size larger than you would normally wear because when you run, your feet get bigger. Make sure you can completely wiggle and curl your toes. You can always tighten them up by buying those foam inserts or fluffier socks, but you can't make them bigger.

Hi Niffer and Ledom, good to see you.

I've joined the CKD bandwagon. Today was day 1 for me also. I didn't like GetLean at all! The last couple of days I couldn't swallow any more brown rice and oatmeal and it was just way too many starchy carbs for my body to handle. And that was with cardio 5-6 times a week. UGH! I may be lusting for oatmeal in a few days, but right now I don't miss it at all.

We have 5" of snow too, but it's rapidly surning into slush. Poor daffodils and magnolias. I think the magnolias get to bloom about once every 5 years here.

mel
Old 04-07-2003, 04:41 PM   #11  

Good Afternoon Sisters' of the iron,

It’s snowing here and it is expected to continue until tomorrow. Oh well, at least it is pretty. Nothing can dampen my mood; I feel so strong and lean today. Nothing like moving the iron to get the endorphins flowing.

Really concentrating on my goal of becoming babelious in my middle age. Today was the start of a new weight routine called “top heavy training for woman” by John Parrillo. The emphasis is on reshaping the upper body. Seems like the perfect plan for someone like me, who has slender legs and hips coupled with an ample bust. It consists of 4 weight-training days Monday/Thursday for upper body, Tuesday/Friday for lower body and utilizes supersets using moderate weights and high repetitions (12-15). Wednesday is a complete rest day and cardio is performed 5 days a week. As for nutrition, straight BFL, though I have started to utilize nutrition software to track my meals. So wish me luck.

Adena – I am so glad you enjoyed my tale of sorrow. I visualize outpacing the “old biddies” on a daily basis. Picture it ….the theme from chariots of fire playing on my tape player, the air is charged with excitement as I, with my perfect walking form overtake the senior citizens. Leaving them to gasp “who was that fast walking woman”.

Jamie - Congrats on the house. Hope everything goes your way.

Ledom - Hope you enjoy Body Rx and it gives you the results you desire.

Niffer - Good luck with the job hunting.

Tidey - Have you thought of purchasing men’s sneakers. My feet expanded greatly with my weight gain and men’s sneakers are the only things that fit me comfortably. I am partial to Asics.

Hi Shelby, Karen, Mel, Mindi and Karla. Hello to anyone else I missed.

Well back to work.

Sel
Old 04-07-2003, 07:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 163/163/149

Height: 5'7"

Hi All -

Niffer, welcome back!

Tidey, good luck with the shoes! No advice, sorry...I'm so cheap I always just buy the cheapest name brand I can find...are you at a Runners World-type place, or do they even have them in Sweden? You may get better advice from the staff, and probably a better selection. My husband swears by Saucony. But he's a guy.

Mindi - I wouldn't push myself when I'm exhausted. I think we all need to get in touch with what our bodies and spirits are telling us, and not push down bad feelings with poor food choices. If you're physically tired, rest. If you're emotionally tired, give yourself the quiet space you need to figure out what's bothering you.

I had a senior moment myself at the gym today - saw a woman in her sixties who, from the back, could pass for a very fit and lean 20-something. Inspiring! What they say really is true...so much of what we think of as age-related illness/disability/appearance is really the result of decades of steady muscle deterioration.

Can't believe I have just two more weeks of Challenge 1...
Tidey, are you doing anything different in Challenge 2?

Hope everyone has a great week!

BethO
Old 04-07-2003, 08:47 PM   #13  

Thanks for the adivice everyone! Mel I will definately buy bigger! I bet thats why they were fine in the shop and **** when I got started! Im headed to the local "runners lab" here tomorrow so I will be talking to the experts!

Beth, something differnt in challenge two... hmm.. I think I will add an interval to my cardio, and eat more fruit for carbs. I love fruit but I HAAAATE oatmeal, and I dont even like ww pasta that much right now *sigh* so Im going to go with fruit. Lots of melon and apple

Thanks for getting me thinking about that! I will have to re-evaluate and write out my goals

off to bed!
Tidey
Old 04-07-2003, 09:05 PM   #14  
cac

Hi...
I just lost my keys while I was shoveling snow. Can't find them! I was feeling great, so I did half the blocks side walks. I hope the snow melts tomorrow. The only thing that has me anoid is I kept a ring my Grandmother gave me as a child on the key ring.

cc
Old 04-07-2003, 11:59 PM   #15  

cc: that's pretty bad. hope you find it; the sentimental value must be incredible
tidey: i've heard that you should go shoe shopping after walking around a bit because that's when your feet are at their largest?
Closed Thread