Old 11-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #1  
A Buxom Babe

S/C/G: 230/213/155

Height: 5'6"

Red face New WW Program

Hi everybody.....

I went to a meeting today just to learn about the new program. I don't want to sway your feelings on it, but am very interested in hearing your feedback after you attend.

Good luck and please lets share!!!
BuxomPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #2  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

i haven't been to a meeting since the soonest one is on tuesday here but got this from someone off the ww site

Filling Foods are now called Power Foods...

29 dailies is the LEAST you will get and you get 49 weeklies. Some things are a couple points higher than on Momentum. Like vita tops are 3x's more than they used to be.

All fruit is free except juice. As long as the fruit is in it's own juices and drained it is free too. So like the canned fruits are ok...just get the kind in own juices or water, and drain...

It's protein fat fiber and carbs now that you need to count.

It feels like momentum 2.0 or something.

Seems very do able especially with the fruits and extra points.
. . . . . . . . . .
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #3  
Less of a Better Me

I also went to an early morning meeting to get the new materials. No real surprises since I had read the patent application and had browsed the UK forums.

Yesterday on the old plan I ate 24 points which for me is 23 daily points and 1 weekly point. I recalculated it under the new plan and it was 30 points which is now 29 daily points and 1 weekly point.

Overall, I was expecting to like the program since I think it is better nutritionally and really encourages healthy eating.

I will be interested to see how the free fruit works out. I'm not a big fruit fan (I ate more veggies) and was always reluctant to spend points on fruit since I don't really like it that much. I went out to breakfast to a buffet after the meeting. I was very careful about what I ate since I wasn't sure how it would shake out on points. But I did eat fruit with it which I would have been reluctant to spend points on before. The leader was clear in the meeting that eating free fruit is meant to be reasonable, not to be stuffed and don't eat 15 bananas in a day!

There was only one thing that concerned me. Before I had 23 points when the minimum is 18. I have 50 more pounds to lose. However, the new minimum is 29. That seems to be roughly equivalent to my old 23 points. That is fine for now. But, what about when I've losted another 30 pounds and only have 20 pounds less to lose? My body will be smaller so I'll burn less calories but I'll still get 29 points. I do wonder if this will lead to slower weight now.

The leader, however, (I didn't know her since this wasn't my regular meeting) said that she has lost on the new program and was wearing a dress that she said she could not have worn a year ago and she attributed it to the new program. She did say that on maintenance she was getting 35 daily points.

My DH who is doing the program with me and is 6' and weighs 220 is getting 39 daily points.

Edited: Add breakfast points

We went out to eat breakfast and I calculated my points on the old program and new program.

Surprisingly it was 18 points on the new program and 18.5 on the old program.

Some things had the same point count - tortilla, scrambled egg, bacon, chorizo

Fruit was 1 point on the old program, 0 on this one.

cinnamon roll -- Very small piece was a little higher on the new program. Had I eaten more, the new program points would have been more than the old program.

Last edited by Koshka; 11-28-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #4  
A Buxom Babe

This was not my typical meeting and I was not impressed with the leader Had it been my first time I may have left.

The room was jam packed!! And they had a meeting at 8 and one a 9 which created havoc with all the people that were there.

One thing that really angered folks was that there is no 'slide' to figure out points. Even if you have etools, you don't carry your computer around with you so you are FORCED to buy a points calculator. One lady was so angered that she said she was writing to the corporate office. I have an iphone so that doesn't affect me so much, but if I didn't I'd be a little upset about it to.

Overall I am excited.....my hips need to be gone!!!

Koshka....I'm guessing you bought the new calculator?? How much was it?
Old 11-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #5  

Lurking - trying to get pregnant and if this next cycle is a bust, I will be dieting to try and help boost my fertility. The new WW plan sounds great (I did 123 success ages ago).
BrendaBrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #6  
Less of a Better Me

I got 2 of the calculators. They had a member kit that was $34.95. It had a zipped case and in it the dining out and food companion, a cookbook, a 3 month tracker and a coupon for a free calculator and a bunch of other coupons. So I got the free calculator from that.

They were also allowing you to buy one calculator for $5.95. Regular price is $11.95. We bought one of those so my DH could have one for himself as well.

So you could get the calculator by itself for $5.95 or you could get it free if you got the member kit.

Even though I do my tracking online and have the iphone app it is convenient for me to have a printed copy of everything.

For people with an iphone or other smart phone you could rely on that rather than buy a calculator. I don't always have my phone right there so I decided to get the calculator which I can leave in the kitchen at home.

Someone did ask about the slide but no one complained about it. Meeting was crowded and was actually kicked off by the territory manager who then handed over the meeting to the leader.

Last edited by Koshka; 11-28-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #7  
A Buxom Babe

Brenda......good luck to you....whether with baby or coming back to WW.

I am a HUGE believer in the WW way of losing weight.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:42 PM   #8  

Thanks, Buxom!
BrendaBrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #9  
A Buxom Babe

Koskha.....clearly your meeting was better. However I do know that when I go to 'my' meeting it will be fabulous

You are welcome Brenda!!
Old 11-28-2010, 01:26 PM   #10  
Less of a Better Me

Well, I normally go on Saturday but went today to get the new materials. I will go to my regular meeting next Saturday as well since I want to hear my regular leader (who is great) talking about it. The leader at the meeting I went to this morning was OK but I really, really like my regular leader so want to hear her talk about it.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:32 PM   #11  
A Buxom Babe

My thoughts exactly. As we are all different so are the leaders. That's why we have so many choices....fortunately!!

I did drive back to that center and bought the smaller kit with the two books & journal, I also bought the calculator. This has totally re-energized me!!
Old 11-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/141/128

Height: 5'3

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
There was only one thing that concerned me. Before I had 23 points when the minimum is 18. I have 50 more pounds to lose. However, the new minimum is 29. That seems to be roughly equivalent to my old 23 points. That is fine for now. But, what about when I've losted another 30 pounds and only have 20 pounds less to lose? My body will be smaller so I'll burn less calories but I'll still get 29 points. I do wonder if this will lead to slower weight now.
The first time I joined WW I was 140lbs and I had the same daily points value up until I met goal at 118lbs, so it's doable.

I myself, decided to go to a meeting and purchase the calculator since I don't have a smartphone and can't always be by my computer. The meeting leader seemed quite annoyed with today, guess the launch is getting to her, and the receptionists were very very unfriendly. Just cemented why i definitely should be an online member.

I'm EXCITED about the new program though!!!!
Meikmeika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

I can't wait for my meeting on Tuesday!!! I have been browsing the Aussie and Uk sites so have a vague idea what to expect but as I have been looking forward to this since I had got word of it ....I am just really looking forward to getting on with getting on... (or rather, getting the weight OFF!!! )
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #14  
A Buxom Babe

Snoopysgirl.....

Baby #6.....wow that's amazing. Congrats!!!

Once I got word I started doing the same thing with checking out the other sites. Now that it's real here it's exciting.

Good luck
Old 11-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #15  

Default Calculating points for new program

OK ...I've been reading the message boards and realize that there is no slider ...my class is Thursday. I plan on buying the calculator, but someone on one of the UK boards worked out another way to figure the points ...they said that it may be off by a few tenths of a point, so 'round up' ...I tried it, and it works. Just take the calorie count for the serving of food and divide by 40. I will use the WW calculator most of the time, but if I'm in a pinch, I'll just use the calculator on my phone (calories per serving, divided by 40 ...then round up).
Doingthis4Chris is offline   Reply With Quote