Old 04-19-2010, 09:08 AM   #1  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Default Week of April 19th - The Weekly Chat

My turn to kick it off!

Huge NSV weekend - Michigan Masters state swimming championships in Haslett. Pleased to report that a) I can tolerate seeing myself in a tight swimsuit b) I took 3 second-places finishes and c) personal bests in all 3 events (36.7 in 50 BK, 1:20.09 in 100BK, and 1:18.20 in 100IM) Worth the drive - and now I have a much better picture of what I need to do for Atlanta.

Eating - back on track this morning. I definitely overindulged so it's time to get it together again.

How was everyone's weekend?
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Becky. That's fantastic. May is just around the corner.

I've heard from Marie. She is focusing on the maintainers forum for the time being.

My weekend wasn't long enough. However, I think the other inpatient psychiatrist is back to stay. So I should only have to work one job from now on.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:54 AM   #3  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Wow, Becky! That's amazing that you are a competitive swimmer and did great in the competition. 2nd place finishes sound like you a peaking at the right time for Atlanta.

As for me, this most recent weightloss journey has been a huge learning experience. I have never in my life gone without binges. And now I have developed a commitment not to binge- not only for weight loss, but also for piece of mind. I amazed that urges to binge really do pass.

My exercise has turned into more of a lifestyle now. I do have running workouts 3-4x a week, but I'm enjoying my daily 3 mile walks & dancing more. I danced three times last week and loved it. Nobody at the clubs have any idea that I'm 40. A guy on Saturday asked if I was 26,

My weight is still dropping fast. I have a fast metabolism, but that didn't show before b/c I was bingeing constantly. The scale said 140 this morning...we'll see if that number holds up for my official weigh day on Thursday.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

HI everybody!! I'm not going to try to catch up on everyone, but I did read up on everyone's posts.

Becky-WTG on doing so well at your meet....especially the bathing suit part!!

Petra-So glad to hear you are getting caught up at work and only have to focus on doing your own job now. Thanks for the update on Marie.

I had an internet-free weekend and really enjoyed my time with fiance. Did pretty well on food (except for a lunch at McDonald's on Saturday and 2 pieces of carrot cake [one Sat. and one Sun.]). I had really wanted to get outside and hike around his place, but it literally rained from the time I got there until the time I left. Can't complain though. We really needed the rain and the pond is staying full. Saw some fish flopping around in there!

Awoke during the night to a pulled muscle or spasm in the left side of my mid-back. It was worse when I got up this morning. I did some abdominal work from my Boot Camp DVD last night, so not sure if it was that or something else () from over the weekend that caused it. I was afraid to try doing the Boot Camp this morning, so I did the 2 mile walk and it wasn't bad except for some of the arm movements.....but I actually think that it helped to move around. I also took 800 mg of ibuprofen and am wearing a heat patch. I am actually able to bend at the waist now and I think I am going to be okay. I was really worried I would have to make a doctor visit this afternoon.

Hoping to be down at least a pound at weigh in Thursday....fingers crossed!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, ladies!

ICU-Cngrats on looking great in a swimsuit & on doing so well for your times. WOOHOO for personal bests!!!

Petra-I'm glad you didn't get dragged by the rototiller, lol! And really happy for you that you had time to spend on your yard and giggling over your dogs. And that there's someone t help share some of the load at work finally so you can catch your breath.

MC-Nice that you have figured out what works for you. Wish I had your metabolism.

Annie-ouch! Hope you feel better soon. Glad your weekend was nice except for the muscle thing. Take it easy a little. Carrot cake and the Rainbow Lounge-I am JEALOUS!

Okay, so I didn't think being dragged by power tools would do much, or that yardwork was very good exercise, but I managed to lose 2 lbs last week anyhow, so something was workin'. The last few days, my wardrobe has given a whole new meaning to clown pants. Hard to do yardwork with my pants down around my ankles. Tired of hiking up my drawers! Today I finally went to look for the biggest pair of jeans that I was wearing when I was quitting smoking in hopes they would fit. Still haven't found them, but I did find some black jeans in a size 20 which I was wearing for like 2-3 weeks on my way up, and figured what the heck. So I tried them on. They actually buttoned for the first time since October of 2008. A little snug, but no muffin top when I'm standing. YEEEHAAA! That is down from a size 24. And thankfully, I now have this pair of jeans and one other I bought about a month ago that fit. When those look like circus garb, then I should be in really great shape and feel like maybe I can actually lose all this weight.

This will be another week of spring cleaning/household repairs/yardwork. Out season is starting early this year...EEK! Glad for the money, can't move fast enough.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:14 PM   #6  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Hi, guys.

Just a quick note that I'm checking out for a few weeks. I'm incredibly busy preparing for my surgery on such short notice. The scale has stayed put, which is awesome -- no weight gain. I took a photo of myself today with my (new) iPhone and my face looks really thin. I think it looks distorted, but my sister confirmed that it really was that thin when I saw her a couple weekends ago. So that all feels good.

My plan is to get through the surgery and recovery, and then see where I am with weight loss efforts. I'll have 6 weeks to get in shape for Alaska so I'll be pretty motivated.

ICU congrats on your swim meet!!!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:21 PM   #7  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Becky - I am SO impressed with your swimming accomplishment. Petra is right May is right around the corner and you are going to do GREAT!!!

Mary - Will your "on-call" schedule change to something a little less hectic?

MC - Woo Hoo to a fast metabolism. You are doing AWESOME!!!

Annie - Sure home the back gets better soon.

Barb - WTG on getting in to those jeans.

Does anyone know when Heidi is having surgery?

My eating has been OK and exercise sporadic. We are planning a 10 day camping/hiking trip to Zion in August so I really need to get back to where I was back in the fall (10 mile hikes). Went out to the poppy fields on Sunday and after only 4.5 miles I was wiped out, didn't even do any real hills.

Not able to pull off HI at the end of the week so looking at cashing in my ticket and visiting the SC kids before the end of July. Kathi I'll keep you posted, would love to get together.

Pool still isn't open because we keep getting storms that really cool things down for a couple days.

DSS as of this AM is going to school here so no more commuting down the hill. Got to meet TuningIn very nice lady that I hope to chat with more; outside of the work place.

I really hope to get on the computer for more than a few minutes in the coming weeks. I miss all of you.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #8  

CAT-Heidi posted just above you and I think she mentioned in last week's thread that her surgery is 4/26. Glad you checked in, we've been wondering where you were!

Heidi-Do what you need to do to get everything ready for your surgery. We'll be here when you get back. Best of luck.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:56 PM   #9  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Reading along....just not talkative...I'm totally fine, upbeat (food/exercise good)...just not chatty

Just checking in so you know i"m okay...

glad to hear Marie is okay, thanks!

Last edited by lambchop; 04-19-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: .
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #10  
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
My turn to kick it off!

Huge NSV weekend - Michigan Masters state swimming championships in Haslett. Pleased to report that a) I can tolerate seeing myself in a tight swimsuit b) I took 3 second-places finishes and c) personal bests in all 3 events (36.7 in 50 BK, 1:20.09 in 100BK, and 1:18.20 in 100IM) Worth the drive - and now I have a much better picture of what I need to do for Atlanta.

Eating - back on track this morning. I definitely overindulged so it's time to get it together again.

How was everyone's weekend?
yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:59 PM   #11  
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
Hi, guys.

Just a quick note that I'm checking out for a few weeks. I'm incredibly busy preparing for my surgery on such short notice. The scale has stayed put, which is awesome -- no weight gain. I took a photo of myself today with my (new) iPhone and my face looks really thin. I think it looks distorted, but my sister confirmed that it really was that thin when I saw her a couple weekends ago. So that all feels good.

My plan is to get through the surgery and recovery, and then see where I am with weight loss efforts. I'll have 6 weeks to get in shape for Alaska so I'll be pretty motivated.

ICU congrats on your swim meet!!!

good luck with your surgery, and thanks for letting us know - we'll see you on the flip side
Old 04-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #12  

Hi Lamb Chop!! Glad that you checked in and that things are going well with you!
Old 04-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Newleaf - You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for a good surgery and an easy recovery.

my brief update is that after a couple of weeks of not being as OP as I should be, my weight is - no surprise - up a little bit. I wasn't crazy out of control and it's only a few lbs, but I'm recommitting and my new catch phrase is GLUE. As in sticking to my plan like it.

Still skimming here even if I don't always post, but I'll try to update a bit more, even if they are drive bys. Hope everyone is having a good Monday and a great new week!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Heidi-good luck with your sugery. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Peanutsmom-are you still using your gowear fit? That was working really well for you.

CAT-great to see you again. I'm jealous of your Zion National Park trip. I'll have to make it out west one of these days. I'm travelling to Savannah/Charleston in June. Would be nice if you could come at the same time and we could have a little 3FC get together. Yes, my schedule should be better.

Barb-yard work definately counts as exercise. My hamstrings were hurting this morning from all the work I did this weekend. Isn't fitting in smaller clothes great? I love shopping in my own closet.

It was nice to not be overloaded today for a change. I see life improving for me in the coming weeks. Hopefully, a move of the scale will come with it-maybe all I needed was for my cortisol level to go down some.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:14 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 182/152/125

Height: 5' 2"

Way to go, Becky, you are inspirational!

I have been sticking with my walking every day, even if the weather has been kinda cold. I'm doing some walking outside and some on the treadmill with the incline.

I'll be thinking of you, NewLeaf.

My weekend: Little bit of spring cleaning on the house. Met my oldest ds's new girlfriend...his first year of college. She seems really sweet. Had to take a drive to check up on my dad and stepmom...he has alzheimer's and she's pretty private about what is going on, but they seemed to be doing good.

The week started with a bang at school, lots of meltdowns and sick kids. Looking forward to a less eventful Tuesday.
sukierd is offline   Reply With Quote