Old 04-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

My scale moved this morning but I'm gonna wait until I see it for a few days in a row before I change my ticker.

I have some apprehension about my new employee. I feel like I hired the right person and she will do a good job. It's just the idea of having the responsibility of an employee. And right now I have to tell her everything to do. I'm sure in a little while she will be able to just see what needs to be done and this will work much better when it becomes an automatic thing.

I have my yearly wellness visit scheduled with my doctor tomorrow. It's a requirement of my health insurance-so she can tell me I'm obese again. I'm going to ask about having my blood pressure meds reduced now that I've lost 10% of my body weight. I have to get my cholesterol and fasting blood sugar and all that good stuff done. I'm going to ask for a fasting insulin level too even if I have to pay for it. I'm curious if that's part of my issue with having trouble losing although I think I'm noticing something about my eating that is making a difference and it may surprise you all-fiber. I used to eat enormous amounts of fiber and my diet had gotten lower in fiber lately for some reason. In the past week or so, that fiber has climbed back up and look what happened. It may be that I have to eat more than 25 grams of fiber a day and that matters more for me than how much protein or carb or maybe even the exact number of calories unless I go way overboard.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hey gang! The scales blessed me with a one pound loss this morning, but still working toward the magic 160's is my current goal. Got back to the Boot Camp DVD this morning and I'm glad. Sure did sweat alot!

Gonna have to come back later for personals if I can.....getting busy here!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:23 PM   #48  

I'm having one of those days where everything is going my way. Do you all have those days? My scale moved for the first time in 4 months. Then I come to work and I get a message from medical records that I am officially no longer delinquent even though my computer still tells me I have a couple charts that are. Then I have 2 patients who I was getting worried just weren't going to get better and they are both better today. I don't know what's in the air but I hope it sticks around for a few more days.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #49  

Petra-That....is.....awesome! I'm so glad for you. Ya know, sometimes we think things cannot get any worse. Then surprisingly they get better. You deserve better days sister!
Old 04-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #50  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Petra65 - Sometimes good people get rewarded. Glad it's going well for you today.

My work event looms closer and it is a mess of details. I can't leave the office because I fear a crisis will hit and I need to be there. My boss who comes in earlier than me and usually leaves at 4 is now leaving later and later. I want him to leave on time so I can get out of here.

The work chaos is wreaking havoc on my eating plan. For lunch, I dined on 3 candied cashews. Tasty, but definitely not a meal. I usually get a lunch hour where I pick up my salad at this famous market space in Philly (Reading Terminal), but not today.

I need to be more assertive.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:01 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Just popping in to read and a quick post to say hello. I'll never get caught up, but I am staying on plan with food and still doing housework. Robert took all the faucet knobs, the tub filter, etc. off today to clean...so it isn't just your average vacuum the floor and wipe the counter project this time of year. We have to deep clean EVERYTHING for the first set of guests and an open house for the rest of the b&b association, Chamber of Commerce members, and anyone else who wanders by to see. Thankfully, it's just once a year for the open house/tour thingy. My yard is still waiting to get finished, but I felt like we should work inside for the week since we have guests this weekend already. LOL! My strategy is to get the part they will see perfect, tidy the rest so we con sptoless it next week, and then be working outside when they show up...it won't be as bad if we are working on it as if we have it unfininished even though it will look the same.

I hope I can get back to exercising proper next week, even if it is just every other day with the video WATP thingy. And I need to ride my bicycle because I need my back to feel well. I ordered a gps today so we can start geocaching next Sunday. I read about it here on 3FC somewhere and decided it would be a fun outdoor activity to get away for a bit occasionally while also exercising. Since we live so close to Yellowstone, there are a lot of caches to look for in our area.

Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:32 PM   #52  

I want to Geocache!! It sounds like so much fun. Not sure if I could ever talk fiance into it. Maybe younger son....I need to borrow a GPS sometime.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:51 PM   #53  

Annie-I have 2. One in my new car and a portable. If you lived closer, I would lend you one. It's a good thing in my case I could get lost in a paper bag.

Motivated chickie-I'm from the Philly area originally and know reading terminal market well.

I think my employee is going to work out okay. She did pretty good today. Figured out where a lot of things went on her own. Made a lot of appointments for stuff I needed done to my house and never had time to get done-termite inspection, electrician, etc.

I have my doctor's appointment in the morning so I better get to bed.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:14 PM   #54  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Petra: even good change can be intimidating, sounds like it's working out though! On the fiber, that could make a difference. I know it helps greatly with my digestive issues as well : )
Barb, geocaching is great fun as well as exercise. I used to go with my sister's family in tx, my mom and dad even got into it.
annie: way to go on the loss and the workout!

I need to get to bed, I have to do better at getting my 9 hours in : ) Will catch up tomorrow!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:02 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Good morning. Still not back on plan, but we're having birthday cake today, and tomorrow friends want to take me out to celebrate, so what's a girl to do?

I'm aiming for Monday to get serious again. I finally feel like I have the energy again to do it.

Petra--congrats on the weight loss and glad to hear the new employee is working out. I'm jealous--I'd love to have someone do all that stuff for me.

Annie--congrats on your loss.

Chickie--sorry about your work situation; I hope it resolves soon.

Angelskeep--geocaching sounds really interesting. Near Yellowstone, too. Wow.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:22 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

this week just flew by, can't believe it's already Friday. Super busy at work, but the next couple of weeks should be a little bit better and then another couple of really busy weeks again after that.

Still working on the glue thing - down 2.4 from my high this month but still have another 2.2 to get to my low. Hopefully before the end of the month so I can start off May on a good note!

Have a great Friday all!!!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #57  

Well my 219 was a flash. I was back up to 220 this morning but I will work on my fiber and see where I get. My fitbit has been acting up the past few days which is also annoying me. I sent them an email. I think I need a software upgrade. On a positive note, I'm wearing another pair of pants out of my closet that I haven't worn in years. At least 3 years....size 16's. They will probably look a little better when I lose about 5 more but I can comfortably wear them today so I am. It's a psychological thing for me today. Off to my doctors appointment. I'm fasting so I can have my blood drawn and man am I hungry.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:39 AM   #58  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Petra: you know that evil scale can fluctuate a pound or 2 day to day...eventually that 1lb will stick and you'll go down another : ) was wondering if maybe the drop might also be due to the fact you're seeing that light at the end of the tunnel at work and your stress level is down-in addition to the fiber?

Peanut: great job getting those extra lbs off! halfway there : )

Kitteh: happy birthday! small piece of cake and portion control on the dinner, that way you can celebrate and feel good about your choices at the same time : )

Today's my friday, and it really IS friday! I still get a kick out of that : ) Hope everybody has a great weekend.
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:14 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Mornin' ladies!

Petra-Glad the scale moved for you and hoping it stays down. Bad scale! Sit! Stay! And it sounds like you had an awesome day yesterday. Hope you have some more of those--a girl needs to catch a break once in a while.

Chickie-sometimes life happens. Just do your best until the situation changes. I could take my own advice here, but eventually things will change and in the big picture of things, a few days or weeks even when you aren't able to keep on plan will be okay as long as you do the best you can and don't go any further off track that life dictatrs. Still make the best hcoices you are able with whatever you have to work with, and a couple of years down the road...it will not be as significant as it seems now. Hang in there!

Annie-congrats on being down another pound. Yaaay!

Annie & Kathi-my GPS is supposed to be here the middle of next week. I'm really excited. There are a bunch of caches within walking distance and some that will require road trips, nut I think it should be a nice ACTIVE distraction no matter where I go to look.

Annie-maybe your finace would like to try it. I never imagined all of the outdoor things I would enjoy having once given them a try. Long story, but I had a miserable time doing outdoor things with the family as a child. Only been willing to try stuff for abut hte last 10 years and I've enjoyed almost everything, even tent camping. Maybe your finace would give it a try a couple of times if you show him caches available and let him pick.

I got my GPS at walmart.com because it was about $30-$50 cheaper there than anywhere else I could find. I didn't get a fancy one, just fancy enough that Robert can put maps on it if he wants to. We saw a really nifty map chip thingy at one of the sporting goods stores and he was intrigued. So the one we're getting is a Garmin, which is supposed to be good, but it isn't a top of the line mdel until I'm sure I will like doing this. Right now, the forecast is calling for snow next Sunday, only a little, but it depends on what the weather actually does to dictate where we'll go. I don't think I'm up for a big long hike in 28 degrees in snow and slush and wind.

Kitteh-do what you can, when you are able. See comments above, LOL!

PMom-Keep at it!

Petra-just saw your post. Bummers. BAD SCALE! SIT! STAY!

Okay...time for me to slog through more housework crap...again.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:01 AM   #60  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

busy busy here on 3FC....

Congrats to all those that have seen the scale move this week.

Barb - You will love GeoCaching, Mack and I have been doing it for years. We are very selective now about the ones we do and often don't even log them. Our main goal is to find cool places.

Well my sisters are both in route to Hawaii and here I am wishing for warm weather. This has been a crazy spring for us here in the desert, cool temperatures and LOTS of rain.

Mary - When will you be in Charleston? I'm thinking a 10 day trip towards the end of June to visit the kids. How does that work with your schedule Kathi?

Off to try and do the treadmill. Not sure what I did but the ball of my foot is giving me trouble, like a "stone" bruise.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote