Old 09-08-2009, 10:35 PM   #16  

It's me, crawling back yet again. I have been feeling like total doo-doo the last 3 or 4 days. I don't know if I'm fighting off something or if I am suffering from the shameful way I am caring for myself. So I'm starting a few challenges, my usual NO BEER and a Wii Fit challenge (just to keep myself aware) Tomorrow I am starting a 3 day "Get it going" diet, which will consist of mainly fruit & Fruit juice, and salad. With a little bit of protein thrown in. If I feel better by the week-end I will be SO happy. I don't even have to lose weight. I want a clear head and a spring in my step again. I need to start walking and running again too, I'll get that challenge going after my 3 days.
Hello Red & Shad, sounds like you guys are on a roll!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #17  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile another day notched on ALL fronts!!!

I made it through the day. Made a very feeble attempt at a workout. I just could NOT get into it. I did a bit of weight training for back and shoulders, a bit of abs and...yeah!!....stretching....and then bailed out. This is NOT like me, but then again, neither is actually doing a little something instead of NOTHING. I'll see it as a good thing.

That movie was amazing, by the way. I think I was so exhausted in the afternoon because watching it had me on two and a half hours of an adrenalin rush.

Well, today is my last day on the evening eating. Thank God! But, I am going to have to continue this one. I really don't think it's making a difference, since I think I just eat things earlier, but we'll see....

FOOD/EXERCISE JOURNAL -- Day 2 completed

NO SUGAR-- Day 8 completed 1 pause taken

NO EATING AFTER 6 P.M. -- Day 20 completed, 3 pauses taken

NO ALCOHOL (round 3, 1 pause on round 1, no pauses on round 2) --
Day 8 completed 1 pause taken

NO SMOKING (round 3, 3 pauses on round 1, no pauses on round 2) -- Day 8 completed 1 pause taken

CAFFEINE CUT (Round 4, 2 pauses on round 3) --
Day 15 completed 1 pause taken

Apple -- I knew we'd see you again sometime. Welcome back!! Hurrah!! You'll be feeling better in no time. Just your resolve to come back in here and get a hold on things shows you are not the "total doo-doo!" you feel you are. Best of luck and best of determination and hard work too!! I don't think Shad is, and I am definitely not, on a roll, but we're sticking to the principle of things, namely, not giving up!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #18  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Day 7 is done
Weigh in today was 81.1 exactly the same as last week, but then I was a high as 81.9 earlier in the week and then was sick, so I'll take the 81.1 with glee and happiness.

There you go. Have a good day
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:29 AM   #19  

No Beer, Day 1, 2 pauses allowed
Wii Fit, Day 1, 2 pauses allowed
Well, I made it through day one. My body has become so bogged down that a day of only liquids has made no dent in my hope for health. Ugghh. Well, I am feeling a bit hungry, but I think I'll just go to bed. I am suffering from lack of sleep a bit too. Ahh, tomorrow I will feel so much better! I know it!
So Red, I call day 20 of a challenge being on a roll.....And I am not giving up either!!
Shad, glad your weigh in went well.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:59 AM   #20  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm back from vacation and had a wonderful, relaxing time. The weather was perfect. We did lots of walking and lots of looking for and finding beautiful rocks! I'm back to work/back to reality, but at least it's only a two-day work week and then the weekend. My lungs are still bothering me....so I'm thinking about going to the doc today getting some dreaded prednisone. I don't want to get on prednisone...but this lung tightness/difficulty breathing and talking without coughing has been going on for too long. Even though I got lots of exercise over the weekend...my eating and water drinking fell by the wayside. So I'm starting over today.

Journal and stay within WW points - 3 pauses allowed
Drink 64 ounces of water - 3 pauses allowed
20 minutes (at least) of cardio - 3 pauses allowed
25 crunches - 3 pauses allowed

Shad, Red, Apple - I'll catch up with your posts later (after I catch up at work).
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #21  

Welcome back from your trip, Diyana. Sounds nice.
No Beer, Day 2, 2 pauses allowed
Wii Fit, Day 2, 2 pauses allowed
Well, I don't really feel much different today. I actually have this weird feeling in my lower abdomen. It feels like it's much more solid than usual. Not comfortable.
This doo-doo feeling is not going away. It's part physical and part mental. Things just don't seem to be going well and I am less and less able to deal with it. I hate when this happens. I am usually an upbeat and happy person. It's like I'm usually skipping through a meadow, but I occasionally fall into a hole. And it's usually a hole I have dug myself. Alright, enough whining. I will climb out of this hole eventually.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:08 PM   #22  
Creating a Healthier Me

Sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly, Apple. As for the solid feeling....when I feel that way, it's usually because I'm not eating enough fiber or because I've stuffed myself too full in general. As for the physical/mental doo doo, can you find a few things that are going right in your life? Just one or two things that you really appreciate about your life? First think of one, then another, then keep building on it. When I do that, it usually makes the things that aren't going well seem like a very small percentage of my life, and that helps me deal. And if all else fails....quit digging. Put down your shovel and walk away or give it to one of us and we'll hide it, and together we can give you a ladder and a hand up to get out of the hole.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #23  
Never give up

Talking through on no late eating!!

Well, I finished the no late eating challenge. It has truly become easier, though I admit to having been more worried about getting food into me at "deadline" than I should have been. Still, that was a first round, so I'd stay I did a GOOD job! Yes, ME!

I fell off my horse yesterday. Everything was going really well. I felt I was doing the best lesson in a long time and then suddenly my mare just did her little "I hate dressage. I want to be a barrel racer" thing, took a sharp right and sped off. I was thrown and landed much harder than usual. It hurt to walk yesterday. I hit my left hip. I've just gotten up, but seeing as I could do that, I think I'm getting better. It still hurts to put weight on my left hip though, I can see now....

FOOD/EXERCISE JOURNAL -- Day 3 completed

NO SUGAR-- Day 9 completed 1 pause taken

NO EATING AFTER 6 P.M. -- Day 21 completed, CHALLENGE COMPLETED!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 pauses taken

Day 9 completed 1 pause taken

NO SMOKING (round 3, 3 pauses on round 1, no pauses on round 2) -- Day 9 completed 1 pause taken

Day 16 completed 1 pause taken

diyana -- Good to have you back. Sorry to hear you're still not over whatever is up with your lungs. Get that checked out and on the mend! Here's wishing you all the best.

Apple -- Your description of yourself and how you feel is not very revealing. I would advise you to look at just what it is that you've been doing wrong and address that directly, not with a radical measure such as juice fasting but with slow and steady work. No, I don't feel "on a roll" at all. Every day has been hard, more or less, depending on the challenge. I scraped and clawed my way through the days. That to me doesn't feel like a roll, but perhaps when you look at the results, it looks like one. It sounds like you're looking for a quick fix that will turn you around. I don't think you'll find it. You've got to fight for a while and then see a LITTLE improvement. Your one day apparently NOT doing the things that are making you feel bad surely HAS helped but you are only going by your feelings and your perceptions are likely skewed. Give me an analysis of just what you are doing that likely makes you feel bad and then whittle away at those things with challenges, why don't you? Poor little Apple Blossom.

Shad -- Great going on the weight. That sounds like a nice low. Aim for the 70s and you'll be there soon! You're sounding very consistent.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:32 PM   #24  

Day 8 is done.

In a bit of a rush today. I'll be back later to explain and do personals.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:47 PM   #25  
Never give up

Exclamation clothes check day

I totally forgot this was clothes check day but remembered at the last minute (meaning before I ate breakfast). I don't see a difference. Here's this and last week's entry. Oh, well, this was not a good week as far as exercise went. Maybe one week is too little to see a difference....I think it would be OK if I had really made an effort to work out, which I hadn't. Oh well...

THIS WEEK
Sept. 11
I don't think there is any change from last week. Weight is the same too -- 72.8 kg. I may feel a little bit tighter all over and there may be a little less fat at the top, but when I go to button them I have to pull as usual. Today, because I hurt from my fall yesterday, it made the pulling to close more noticeable. And they may feel a little bit more comfortable in the legs in general, but it's too little to really tell at this point.

LAST WEEK
I don't think there is much difference from last week but I do think I can get them buttoned and zipped without having to necessarily pull the fat and skin above the waistline. I can't be sure there is a difference but I think there is a slight one. I still think there are in grave danger of breaking. Weight was 72.8, which is 400 gms higher than last week.
This was on a very empty stomach.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:29 AM   #26  
Creating a Healthier Me

I didn't get to exercise yesterday, so I'll start anew today. I did journal, stay within points and drink water though. I went to the doctor after work to see what can be done to clear up the tightness in my chest. He told me to continue to take the codeine cough syrup at night, and he gave me a prescription for the dreaded Prednisone...which I expected. With this course of Prednisone, I start by taking 6 pills spread throughout the day and reduce the number of pills each day by one. Anyway, after the 6 pills, I'm starting to feel a little less tight in my chest. The doctor suggested I rest last night because my blood pressure was a bit low (for me anyway: 98/74). He also told me to cut my BP meds in 1/2 as my BP seems to be gradually improving as a result of weight loss. So that was good news.

Red - Congrats on completing the No Late Night Eating and for doing so well on your other challenges! It does appear that you're on a roll, but I understand that it may not feel like one to you. I hope you're feeling better after your fall. Did you apply ice? That usually can help with pain. As for the clothes challenge....My size 16 Misses and Size 14 Misses slacks just arrived yesterday. I'll try them on tonight and let you know. It does sound like you're losing inches if there is less fat at the top of your challenge pants and they're more comfortable in the legs!

Shad - I know you're juggling a lot right now. Sounds like you're doing well in your challenges! Good for you!

Apple - I'm not sure a fast is a wise choice...fasting (even a juice/liquid fast) tends to greatly lower the metabolism...which needs to be kicked into a higher gear to burn calories. Can you try just eating sensibly and limiting refined sugars, but making sure you get enough veggies, fruit, protein and whole grains?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #27  
Never give up

Smile up for another round.....

Well, I continued right on with another round of no evening eating. I almost didn't last night because I knew my challenge was over, but then I think, ah, heck, why do that? It's not just about the challenge. It's about losing weight! Ah, duh? So, I think this habit is one that IS totally new to me and surely must be better than not doing it.

Ok, Ok, diyana, Apple, I AM on a roll! It's not peculiar actually for me to not see it as one. I suppose with my skewed perceptions you couldn't expect more. I mean, did I ever perceive my days and weeks of over-indulgence as a roll? Did I acknowledge the fact that each night out with pint after pint was adding to my gut and butt? Nah. Roll? Oh, sure, another two please, with extra butter!

FOOD/EXERCISE JOURNAL -- Day 4 completed

NO SUGAR-- Day 10 completed 1 pause taken

NO EATING AFTER 6 P.M. -- (Round 2, 3 pauses on Rd. 1) Day 1 completed

Day 10 completed 1 pause taken

NO SMOKING (round 3, 3 pauses on round 1, no pauses on round 2) -- Day 10 completed 1 pause taken

Day 17 completed 1 pause taken

diyana -- I really like the way you look at what you HAVE done in your day despite the fact that you didn't exercise. Excellent attitude! And doing that on top of being ill. I am learning from you. I'm sorry to hear that you had to take the medicine. I looked it up on the Net and see that it's strong stuff and that it can cause a quick dependency. I hope your doctor knows what he's doing.

That is also excellent news on the blood pressure. I didn't realize that blood pressure was affected by weight, but I guess it would have to be. Mine is very low, quite often the upper number is below 100. I think all the exercise I do is a big help there, although low blood pressure runs in my family. I also can suffer from asthma so I feel your pain. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-12-2009 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:14 PM   #28  

No Beer, Day 3, 2 pauses allowed
Wii Fit, Day 3, 2 pauses allowed
Hey Thanks everyone, for all of your support. I know this fasting is a bad thing, but I was in a bad place physically and really needed to do it. I had a salad last night and I've had bites of protein here and there, so it's not TOO extreme. I feel better. Tomorrow I will return to sensible eating. Diyana, I love how you went with the hole metaphor. I think I've let go of the shovel and I'm climbing out....Took the dogs for a walk today. They were really happy. And I made a cleaning schedule for myself that I would like to stick to. It involves cleaning up each of my clutter zones, like the dining room table and the desk by the front door. If I do one a day it will make a big difference, and it shouldn't take much time.
Red, congrats on the 21 days!!:che er2:
And good for you, just ROLLING into the new one! (Har Har)
Hope your hip is feeling better.
Diyana, I hope the meds can get you back where you need to be and then you can stop them. I'm glad your weight loss is making a difference in your health, keep it up!!

Last edited by Apple Blossom; 09-11-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #29  

Day 9 is done and dusted.

Sorry to rush off yesterday, but I had a job interview. No I do not know the outcome yet. It's as per normal, hurry up and wait - when are you available? Now? oh good. We will let you know. Now wait some more.

Apple - the thought of lots of fruit juice is a bit worrying. There is a pile of sugar in that - natural or otherwise and it is acidic and will affect the enamel on your teeth if you drink yards of the stuff. Neve the less, the content - apart from the fruit juice sounds good.

Michelle - Hope you don't have to stay on that stuff too long, but if it is helping then why not use it. Get rid of the crud and concentrate on getting well enough to not have to go through it again in a hurry.

Red - up to day 17 without caffeine. Are the headaches gone yet? I guess I am fortunate, caffeine doesn't seem to bother me. I live with it and from time to time I live without it. No change and it doesn't seem to liven me up and I can certainly sleep well after a pot of coffee before bed.

So today, it is out in the garden while it is still not too hot and then try to sort out a fencer to come and look at putting in a new fence - you think they would be jumping out of their trees to get work right now, but the ones I have rung - either haven't rung back with a time to quote or haven't bothered to turn up and quote.
Then I might just finish the tiling in the loo and get on with the last of the painting. Then it will be a case of clean, dress it up and get on with life.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:34 AM   #30  
Never give up

Cool

Took some pauses. Heading to bed. Talk tomorrow!

FOOD/EXERCISE JOURNAL -- Day 5 completed

NO SUGAR-- Day 10 completed 2 pauses taken

NO EATING AFTER 6 P.M. -- (Round 2, 3 pauses on Rd. 1) Day 1 completed 1 pause taken

Day 11 completed 1 pause taken

NO SMOKING (round 3, 3 pauses on round 1, no pauses on round 2) -- Day 11 completed 1 pause taken

Day 18 completed 1 pause taken