100 lb. Club - April NSV'S

View Full Version : April NSV'S

rockinrobin
04-01-2007, 07:31 AM
Happy April everyone!!!! We did an absolutely AWESOME job in March, filled up 19 pages worth. Go us!!! Here's to hoping we top that in April.

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. It is definitely one of my favorite threads, incredibly inspiring and no, it is NOT the time to be humble!!!! So let's start filling er' up.

Sheila53
04-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Tried on my size 10 jeans and they fit perfectly! Finally!

Casey4
04-01-2007, 01:31 PM
100lbs lost!

I have had a great weekend of control and healthy choices so I thought I would toot my own horn a bit. First, Kallan and Melissa had their play on Friday. I was racing around trying to get everyone out of the house on time. I had made a lasagna earlier in the week so I had a quick meal ready for them. For myself I tossed some left over salmon and veggies in the oven. It cooked while I did other things and was just as quick as fast food but so much healthier and filling. I wasn't even tempted by the pizza, cake and junk at the cast party. Next, I had promised the kids that if they went all week without me having to nag or yell in the morning getting ready for school I would take them for ice cream on Saturday. I try not to use food as a reward but I was desperate for something that would help our chaotic mornings! :dizzy: Before we went I packed a thermos with LF plain yogurt, berries and a few almonds. So I had a healthy snack out with my family and still stayed on plan. Finally, we went out to dinner last night for my Dad's birthday. I asked for salmon grilled with lemon and steamed veggies. It was delicious and on plan. Interestingly, my mom is doing LA weight loss and has been complaining about her scale not moving much. She ordered what I did and then snagged a minnie burger loaded with mayo and some french fries from my nephew's plate. So she ate her dinner and some of his. She kept trying to get me to have a bite, but I had no desire. I didn't judge her on her choices it just underscored to me that it is not enough to order healthy if you want to see progress you also have to eat healthy!:D So I am feeling good about my weekend on plan and it only makes each day easier.

Kathy

nelie
04-01-2007, 02:21 PM
I have one. I have a pair of jeans from Old Navy. I wore them on my honeymoon but after washing and drying them, they didn't fit anymore (they were a bit snug when I wore them anyway). I put them on this morning and was able to button and zip them. They are still a bit snug but it shows progress :)

LisaMarie71
04-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Great job on the jeans, ladies! What a good feeling, when jeans stop being so snug!! I'm still trying to get into a pair of 14s I bought a while ago. They fit, but they're not quite where I want them to be. In the meantime, my 16s are way too baggy.

As for my NSV -- it was yesterday, and you guys already know what it is. I ran a 10k!!! I still can't believe it, honestly. I ran the whole thing without walking a step, and I finished in 1:12, which is much better than I thought I would do. I ran a 10k!!! Haha, sorry, I still can't get over it. Oh yeah, and I signed up to run a half marathon in September. I'm insane!

I know this isn't an NSV, but I have to share how well my husband did at the race. He ran it in 39:01 and he placed ninth in his age group. He placed 114th overall, and 100th in his gender. Keep in mind -- there were nearly 30,000 people running this race!! I'm so proud of my speedy husband.

jennylou
04-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Great NSVs ladies!

Casey4
04-01-2007, 04:02 PM
One of my short term goals is to feel comfortable in jeans in time for a GS camping trip with my girls in May. I am not even going to shop for them until then. You make me excited to get there!

LisaMarie: That is just a terrific job! You sound absolutely thrilled with yourself and that is such a great way to be. That speedy hubby better be ready because soon you will be nipping at his heels!;)

boaterswife
04-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Tried on my size 10 jeans and they fit perfectly! Finally!

Sheila, you just gave me the boost I needed! I'm about 7-8 pounds heavier than you, and I have a pair of size 10 Old Navy shorts that I want to wear SO BAD. I can get them on, buttoned, zipped, yadda, yadda, yadda, but they're just a bit too snug yet to wear. This is it, I'm gonna get that next 1o pounds off and wear those dang shorts!!!!

My NSV for today is that while we were in church this morning DH and DD kept whispering about Taco Bell. Well, when we left church they both pounced right away about going there...it's right across the street from our church. I caved in about going, but since I was driving I pulled across the street and dropped them off, then ran about 1/2 mile down the street to Subway, grabbed some lunch for me, and brought it back to Taco Bell so we could eat together. Their stuff looked good (not great, though), but DH said to me that it wasn't very good, and they should have just gotten Subway! Score one for me!

WindyCityChick
04-01-2007, 06:10 PM
My NSV for the day...I went shopping for some new spring clothes (since all my old clothes are hanging off me these days) and saw a blouse that I really liked, but the largest size they had was a 10. Well, I figured, what the heck, I'll try it on...and lo and behold, it actually almost fit! It's a bit tight still, but in a few weeks, should fit fine. Of course, I bought it immediately.

Cheryl14
04-01-2007, 07:36 PM
SOOOO happy to read about all those clothes that are fitting so nicely ladies!!!:carrot: GREAT WORK!!!:carrot:

My NSV comes in comparing a picture of myself at my oldest son's track meet in 2001 (toward the beginning of my weight loss journey) and a picture my youngest son took of me yesterday at HIS track meet. In both pictures I have a similar style coat on -you know, one of those MOM coats with pockets for everything! One coat is size 3X, and my NEW Coat is a Misses LARGE. Even my previously famous THUNDER THIGHS look small in my size 16 jeans. My other jeans were size 26.

It made me feel good that even though this weight loss thing seems to be taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R, I can really see a huge difference in the pictures of myself.

Cheryl

rockinrobin
04-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Great going everyone!!!! Lots of great jeans stories and clothing in general. Gosh, this is just great. LisaMarie, I am astouned by you. I can't imagine how proud of yourself you must be. WAY TO GO!!!!!

My 19 year old daughter is home from college. She just went shopping with friends and bought a really nice shirt. Size medium. She's about 135 lbs, 5 foot one. Well, she tells me "Ma, try it on". So I did and it fit. I'm wearing the same size as my 135 lb 19 year old daughter. Granted it's a bit looser on her, but not much and that is definitely the size I would need. She told me I can borrow it any time I'd like. This is really mind-boggling to me. When I was a teenager and a young adult, my mother, sister and I used to share clothing all the time. I had a very young, hip mother. This just brings back so many memories. It's something I've always dreamed about. My other 2 daughters are both thinner then my oldest and I won't be sharing clothing with them anytime soon. Maybe my middle one, but not my youngest, she's 15 and 99 lbs. But I'm still pretty excited.

LisaMarie71
04-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Robin, a MEDIUM! Wow! Think back to last summer -- would you have imagined you could wear a medium before a year was up? Amazing!! :)

That reminds me of my own sizing NSV. I'm so used to always getting the biggest size available and HOPING it will fit, and it's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that I don't have to do that anymore. With races, you always get t-shirts. I got one for training, I got one for running, and I got one just for signing up for the half marathon. When I picked up the two t-shirts the other night, I realized I'd put down 2X on the signup sheet. I took one look at that shirt and knew it would swallow me. The girl giving out shirts stepped down to the XL and then looked at me and said..."Nope, let's take a look at the large." I ended up taking that home, and it's actually a bit loose (they're made pretty big, it seems). The half marathon shirt is not as big on me, but it's a large and it's definitely comfortable. My skinny husband and I both got shirts for signing up, and I got the same size as him for the first time ever!

becoming wisdom
04-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Wow, everybody! The 1- and 2-sizes smaller clothes, the 10 km run, the great food choices, sometimes beside others' not so great choices - what's this forum coming to? I guess we're all BIG TIME losers!!!;)

The other day, my hubby and I met another couple for coffee. I had an herbal tea, as bare coffee was not too appealing. Our friends hadn't seen us in a while, although we've played telephone tag and spotty email. Anyway, Sharon noticed right away that I'd lost some weight, even pegged the amount - and I thought I'd hidden it pretty well in baggy clothes! Then my husband remarked about how much better I was moving, holding myself well, and showing better stamina! :dizzy: :carrot:

SexyRevealed
04-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Great NSV's ladies!

RememberHowToSmile
04-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Great job everyone. So exciting to have so many NSV this early in the month.

I have two:
First I hit onederland (ok it's really a scale victory but still proud!)

Second, I have a black, linen, tunic style shirt that I bought in the summer of 2003 when I was in England. It has fit me at the time, as time went on it got a little tight, I haven't worn it in awhile and wore it the other day. I thought it was a little big when I put it on. Then I went out with my sister and said something how it was big on me. Her responce was, "no that is way to big on you. It doesn't fit." I love the shirt butsometimes its nice when things don't fit because they are too big. We ended up planning to go thrift shore shopping in a couple of weeks so I can get some clothing that fits me.

jennylou
04-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Today I wore a dress - which in and of itself is amazing, since I don't typically wear dresses or skirts (unless they are long). This one was knee length.

Anyways, several people told me how nice I looked today. And it was about me and how I'm carrying myself and the clothes - not the "oh, your hair looks nice today" type of compliments.

boaterswife
04-02-2007, 12:36 AM
I was just thinking about my day and the exercise I got today. I try to walk outside on nice days, use the elliptical on other days. Today was 72*, but they're promising 40's by mid week. I didn't want to let the last warm day for a week or so slip by, so I headed out for my walk. Without really thinking, I drank a 20 oz flavored water shortly before I left. I wasn't gone from the house but about 15 minutes when I had to go to the bathroom. I struggled with the decision of do I turn around and go back home, or do I keep going? After a little thought I remembered there's a bathroom in the park that I walk to, but it's about 1/2 mile past where I usually turn around to head back home. I decided today that I could just walk that extra bit to the park restroom and not mess up my walk at all, and I did! It only took me a few minutes longer to get to that public RR than it would have to get back home, where I probably would have stayed rather than going back out for another half-walk. This is a definite NSV for me, because I KNOW that in the past I would've just gone home!

tigrre
04-02-2007, 04:36 AM
Okay I feel a little silly posting this but I'm just starting out.

I exercised today. (or technically yesterday... I stay up too late..)

I know, I know... I'm sure this wouldn't be considered worth posting for anyone else but exercise is a huge mental obstacle for me and I haven't done it for ages but I decided I'm going to do 360 minutes on the elliptical in April and instead of putting it off until the 25th or something I got started with my goal on the 1st.

WindyCityChick
04-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Tiggre, do not feel silly about posting your exercise achievement as an NSV, it's a great one! Anything that is a big obstacle for you and that you are able to overcome definitely counts as a significant step. Congrats, and keep it up (and let us know about your further successes)

NavyWifeDee
04-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Way to go Tiggre.. don't think that getting some exercise in isn't worthy of a mention. Sometimes the hardest thing I do all week is make myself go outside for a run. So, good job!

Wow, everybody is having a great month already. No NSV's for me yet, but hoping to get into all of my 18's easily by the end of the month. I hate the way clothes are sized. I have some 18's that are already falling off, and the rest I still can't zip. ARGH!

Good job ladies, and everyone have a great Monday!

Dee

lilybelle
04-02-2007, 09:50 AM
Great job ladies on all the NSV's.

This morning I noticed that I'm getting arm MUSCLES. Since losing wt. my arms have looked scrawny and saggy. I am now increasing muscles and my endurance and tolerance for Hard Physical Labor has increased dramatically. Yesterday my DH cut down an old Walnut tree and just left it on the ground. (He got busy working on my son's jeep). I moved and stacked that whole darn tree by Myself. I put in a total of 7 1/2 hrs. doing gardening, mowing, raking, and moving that tree yesterday. I could never, never, never have done this in the past.

boaterswife
04-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Way to go, Lily! I'm sure if you're anything like me, once in awhile you sit back and look at something you've done, and you end up being totally amazed with yourself.....you are doing so fabulous, keep it up!

reds ohare
04-02-2007, 11:38 AM
I went to a store this weekend and tried on a few shirts. I'm used to picking out a few, trying them on, them not fitting and being disappointed. I grabbed a handful --- tried them on. And they all fit. A few were still tighter than I would wear them.... but they all went on, and came off with no problems. I don't think that has ever happened before.

And I had a picture taken of me... and for the first time since I can remember, my thought wasn't "ugh, I'm so fat." It was "OMG, I look skinny!" I still have a long way to go, but that is the most amazing feeling!!

Mrs Quadcrew
04-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Mine is a clothes one today too. A good friend of mine sent me 2 brand new pairs of Liz jeans - size 20. I wore a 28 when I started this new life Dec. 29th. I got those jeans out and tried them on today.....THEY FIT!!!! They're a tad snug, but I know within a week or two, they'll fit perfectly!! It just amazes me I have gone down 4 pants sizes in 13 weeks. I LOVE my new life!!

nelie
04-02-2007, 11:53 AM
I actually have another one to share. I have a bigger bottom than top so I've been wearing "regular" size tops along with the smallest plus size tops I can find. I bought a pair of size 18 petite (misses petite not plus!) pants as my goal pants. I put them on yesterday just to see where I was. I was surprised to find that they fit in the leg and thigh but need a few inches off the tummy to fit. At this rate, I will be out of plus sizes completely within the next 20-30 lbs. It is a scary thing.

Mrs Quadcrew
04-02-2007, 11:54 AM
I forgot, here is another one for the weekend! It felt sooo good to go out to eat and be in CONTROL. We went to an ATV open house and stopped at a Ryans Steakhouse for lunch on the way home. LOTS of choices - it is a huge buffet type place. I just ignored everything, I got a nice beautiful salad, dressing on the side in a little cup, and then had a small piece of grilled chicke, a small piece of baked fish, and a TON of vegies....lots of fresh broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, some cooked cabbage. NOT ONE ROLL touched my lips.:D I didn't even go look at the dessert table - just sipped my ice water while DH ate his. I just FELT so great about being able to go there, and BE in CONTROL. By golly, I think I've got it!:carrot: ;)

wanna b thin
04-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Great NSV's everyone. This is also one of my favorite threads, the first one I looked for since I haven't been on line much lately. My life has been a little crazy, first going out of town after my daughter had surgery and now my son is in the hospital with a terrible staph infection. Thank God he is doing better. My NSV come from running and spending so much time at the hospital. I have, without really thinking too much about it, made better choices than I would have in the same situation in the past. I have made time at home for a good breakfast before rushing to the hospital, instead of using this as an excuse to stopping for fast food. I've made better choices for meals at the hospital and after leaving in the evening. And the biggest one, when he has been asleep or down for test and I've had a chance to leave his room, I'd go get a bottle of water and go for a walk instead of going to the vending machine for junk food. Much better coping skills than I had in the past.

Slashnl
04-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Tiggre: Keep posting those NSV's even if you think they're small. We can't all run a 10K!!! (Great job, Lisa, I'd still be giggling to myself if I had done that!! Wow!)

I have a little NSV too: I had spent all day Sunday at my daughter's volleyball tourney. Didn't get much of a chance to eat unless it would have been the nachos or frito pie at the concession stand (I passed on that!). After the tournament, she wanted a DQ blizzard. So, we went there and got one for her. I was tempted, but didn't cave! I just took a bite of hers and that was enough.

GirlyGirlSebas
04-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Sharon, so sorry your son has been sick. Glad to hear that he is doing better. And, glad to hear that you've been able to utilize some good coping skills.

Wow, these are some tremendous NSV's! I really need to come here and read these anytime I think I need to go off-plan. I want to wear smaller clothes, build muscles and run a marathon, too!

NewDay4MeToo
04-03-2007, 03:35 AM
I went to beautiful Chapel Hill, North Carolina, last weekend. I realized before the trip that it was going to be warm and I had no shorts. I did not wear shorts last summer at all. Even if I had, they would not have fit.

So I went to the dressing room with size 12 and size 14 shorts. The size 12 shorts fit great! Even better than the size, though, was how I felt in them. I felt HOTZ.

Then, I wore them out on my trip. It was really liberating to go out, bare, imperfect legs and all, and feel confident. What a great feeling.

nelie
04-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Last night, I went closet shopping. I don't have very many clothes that I couldn't wear at some point but I had some clothes that I had bought, washed, dried and didn't fit anymore and others I had bought that didn't fit but i was too stubborn to return. So now I have some more work clothes without shopping :)

lilybelle
04-03-2007, 11:22 AM
WTG everyone on the great NSV's.

Yesterday I worked 2 hrs. in my flower beds and felt so sore and exhausted. I came in and took a long nap. Cooked dinner. Then went back outside and worked 2 more hrs. even though I didn't particularly want to.

Mrs Quadcrew
04-03-2007, 11:57 AM
I got the push mower out and mowed the yard yesterday. We have just shy of one acre here, so that was an hour workout! (I used to use the riding mower, but I figured what an easy way to get more exercise in and get some sun too!) It sure felt good to do it too!

Lifeguard
04-03-2007, 12:04 PM
I have been MIA for awhile now. I have been having a bit of a motivation crisis. I have been stuck in the same 5 lbs for so long regardless of what I do that it just has seemed pointless.

But my NSV is that I am posting & that I am still going to continue with herbal magic - even though I want to just put the whole thing away & just accept that I will be fat forever.

I still don't feel very hopeful but I know things will swing back around again.

RitzyFritz
04-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Hang in there, Lifeguard. It is never to late to make a comeback! We are here as your cheering section! You have already come a LONG way!! Just repeat what you have already done and you will be really close to ONEderland! Keep your eyes on the small goals; you will make it.

GirlyGirlSebas
04-03-2007, 02:05 PM
I have been MIA for awhile now. .

Lifeguard, I was just thinking about you a few minutes ago and wondering where you went! I thought you might have moved to another part of 3FC and we just werent hearing from you here on the 100lb club. I'm so glad you decided to check in. Please don't give up on yourself and this journey. So many of us have been struggling, but I think that is just a major part of our journey. We are re-learning how to eat and live. Hang in there! You'll make it!

Cheryl14
04-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Hi Everyone!

Great goin' on those NSVs!!:carrot:

Here's mine:

I've been out in the yard now for two days getting yardwork done like several others of you have mentioned you are busy doing. I have quite a few flower beds to weed and mulch and also had a couple of stubborn bushes to take out as well. I've been weeding and mulching and pulling and using the pitchfork to put more mulch in my cart. My neighbor came over a few minutes ago just before I came in for a break and some food. She said, "Cheryl! Where do you get all your energy? I've been watching you now for TWO DAYS, and you just keep at it! Aren't you SORE?" I thought about it for a second, and thought, "Wow! No! I'm NOT sore! I'm not even very tired!" I said to her that I've been doing yoga and Turbo Jam and also HipHopAbs and find that all the exercise I've been doing PLUS not lugging EIGHTY EXTRA POUNDS along with me every single step has really given me a lot more extra energy to keep going!"

I'm heading back out now to keep working. It feels good to have more energy than I used to have, and it was an unexpected plus to have someone notice it, too!:)

Cheryl

Slashnl
04-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Good one Cheryl! Way to go!

I just wanted to add, Lifeguard, that I'm glad to see you back. You are missed when you are gone!!

I had a little NSV. A friend of mine here at work asked for MY help to keep him on tract. What is funny is that he is 9 years younger than me and fit. Oh, and he's a guy. Married to a very pretty woman and he has 2 beautiful kids. We're just very good friends. (why did I feel the need to explain all of that?? Ha!) Anyway, he said that he feels like he can talk to me about this without feeling stupid. He just wants someone to keep him accountable to eat right and exercise and he knows I've been working at it, too.

lilybelle
04-04-2007, 12:04 PM
rockinrobin, I followed your lead and went and got fitted for proper bra's. Yippee, they finally fit. It wasn't at all embarassing and the sales lady was very helpful. I got the 36C that has a full cup and now no falling out of it when I bend over. You inspired me to finally do this and I thank you.

RitzyFritz
04-04-2007, 12:10 PM
My NSV for today: My husband was rubbing my sore legs (because of a change in my workout) and without being prompted he said, "Honey, I can tell you are losing weight; your legs are smaller." That was unexpected and very special! :smug:

rockinrobin
04-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Oh that's great Lily. I'm glad you went ahead and took the plunge. I know for me it has made a huge difference in how I look, clothed that is. Now if only I could find something (short of surgery) to do the trick OUT of clothing. Oh well.

Ritzy that really is very special. I'm so happy for you.

WTG to the rest of the gang.

NurseMichelle
04-04-2007, 12:45 PM
"took the plunge" hahahahahha LOL

My NSV is that I got to finally wear shorts yesterday, and last summer's "skinny" shorts that I could barely breathe in, were AT LEAST a size (or two!) too big! So I'm off to buy some new clothes, even though it's supposed to SNOW this weekend.

I'm in a "spring warm up" contest at the gym, so far have been to 2 aerobics classes (3 pts each) and a "special workout" (3 pts) I've been eating STRICTLY on plan and feeling great!

Oh and when you lose weight, do you notice that your FEET shrink? I need new tennies while I'm out today, and I think I'm at least a size smaller and probably NOT wide-width anymore?! My dressy clogs are really big on me! I guess I never really considered that your FEET would get smaller too! You must need a smaller base, if your center of gravity is less! LOL

Great NSVs girls, keep em comin!

Mrs Quadcrew
04-04-2007, 12:50 PM
OMG!!! SMALLER FEET!!! I just got new tennis shoes yesterday, and they're so much smaller! YES, the feet do shrink too!! I now have not one but TWO new pairs of ECCO Receptor running shoes. They feel soooo good! That is my NSV for the day ~ brand new shoes, in a smaller size too!

GirlyGirlSebas
04-04-2007, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=NurseMichelle;1639246
Oh and when you lose weight, do you notice that your FEET shrink? [/QUOTE]

I really really hope mine shrink, too! I used to be a size 9 and could buy shoes anywhere. Now, I'm a size 10 wide and can only find shoes at the plus size stores.

nelie
04-04-2007, 06:52 PM
My feet have shrunk a size but my feet are still wide. I hope I have not so wide feet in the future.

RitzyFritz
04-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Nelie, my feet are wide no matter how much my body weighs! :( However, the pudge does go down and I can at least get a smaller number size! :D

RememberHowToSmile
04-05-2007, 12:40 AM
When I bought running shoes they were a size smaller and I didn't have to search the store for a pair that was wide enought. Also my old running shoes I wear to walk to school and they are to big and I have to tie them as tight as I can.

My NSV I got dressed today and wore a blue short sleeve top (I was hoping it would be warm. Mistake) and when I looked in the mirror I noticed that I had extra room around the chese (which is normal since my chest is getting smaller) but I also noticed how much room was in the stomach. It looked huge. Then when I was eating breakfast I realized I didn't even have a tank top or a shapewear top under it (normally I wont wear a top that is semi-fitted without something under it.)

SwimGirl
04-05-2007, 02:40 AM
Mine is kinda silly, but SO exciting to me :) I ALMOST fit into a size 36 inch waist jeans! My friend gave me a pair, and they are like half an inch from doing up, I cannooooot WAIT! To me this means no more plus sizes, which I can NOT wait for.. :)

-Aimee

NurseMichelle
04-05-2007, 10:06 AM
BTW I did go out and buy my new shoes, they WERE a size smaller but still wide-width, I'm okay with that, they are very comfortable.

My NSV for today is that I went to a huge poker tournament last night (got 16th out of 175! But payout started at 12th GRRRR!) and I got hit on by TWO different guys! WHA? Not used to that kind of attention!

nelie
04-05-2007, 10:42 AM
My NSV for today is that I went to a huge poker tournament last night (got 16th out of 175! But payout started at 12th GRRRR!) and I got hit on by TWO different guys! WHA? Not used to that kind of attention!

Congratulations on the poker tournament. I'd die if guys started hitting on me regularly. I can't stand it :) I've been going to this dinner prep place for the last 6 months or so (this month will be the last month), and for some reason there were a lot of guys there the last time I went. DH was supposed to meet me there but he got stuck in traffic so he was late. This one guy started eyeing me and trying to smile at me and such. I kept telling myself "DH is coming, DH is coming" and then he came and the guy stopped looking. :)

jennylou
04-05-2007, 11:04 AM
My NSV is that jeans that were tight just a few weeks ago are now fitting perfectly. :D They are jeans that I haven't worn in years - it's like finding a whole new wardrobe in your closet. Now, why didn't I keep any shirts????

Lifeguard
04-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Thank you for the support. I am pumping myself up for a good weekend & then I am going to start running on my lunch hours next week.

Oh - I can't wait to do yardwork like some of you are talking about. We got snow today so it'll be a couple weeks yet... Oh well!

RitzyFritz
04-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Today was my monthly measurement day. I have now lost a total of 17.5 inches (total body) since 1-03-07! :dancer: Oh yeah!!!!!!! :exercise:

SuchAPrettyFace
04-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Walked right past the candy & Easter basket displays at WalMart last night & just got my shampoo, new toothbrush, tp, etc. :cool:

Kashi
04-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Added 3lb handweights to the 10lb dumbbells I use when I do bicep curls. 13lbs for each arm may not seem like much, but it's exciting to improve from only being able to do 10lbs to doing 13lbs. :)

LisaMarie71
04-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Yay for all these NSVs!! :)

Kashi, moving from 10-13 on bicep curls is a GREAT accomplishment!

My weight loss is in the little local free newspaper!! :lol: Someone interviewed all the teachers at my school who ran the 10k and I told him how much I'd lost and all that. He put it in the article and put that I'll be doing a half marathon (hey, now I REALLY have to do it!)

Another NSV today: I met my friend for dinner and I ate more than I should, so I was tempted to just go pick up my husband at the gym and go home. Instead, I went ahead and got on the treadmill and did a 5k, and I did it in 34:00, which is fast for me.

And the best NSV I've had lately... I went to a department store tonight and shopped in the regular section. I've been wearing size 16 pants but they're getting a little loose, so I tried on 14s, thinking that I was still between sizes. Nope. They fit perfectly. I haven't bought 14s since college. Yay! :)

missaprylj
04-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Woohoo! I went shopping today.... down a skirt size and a jean size!

Also... I had to eat out 3 times today (A NIGHTMARE)....
And I STAYED TOTALLY ON PLAN! :carrot: :carrot: I kind of want to cry!

Cheryl14
04-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Great goin' on all those clothes victories, ladies! :broc:

I measured myself this morning to record myself on my Fitday Bodylog and discovered that I lost an inch on my waist and an inch around my ribs where you measure for a new band width for a new bra. That means I have lost 13 inches in my waist since I began AND I can now go buy size 36 bras! I used to wear 44s not so long ago!! Woo Hoo!

Cheryl

SexyRevealed
04-06-2007, 10:35 AM
My NSV is that jeans that were tight just a few weeks ago are now fitting perfectly. :D They are jeans that I haven't worn in years - it's like finding a whole new wardrobe in your closet. Now, why didn't I keep any shirts????

LOL. I have a bunch of stuff that I can't wait to get into. Jeans with tags still on them :o, that I was supposed to be working my way down to years ago. Here I come Jeans!!!

Kashi
04-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Holy crap, you girls are losing so many inches and dress sizes!

Shellyknits
04-06-2007, 10:53 PM
We live in Central Florida and have annual passes to Universal Studios Theme Park. We got them at Christmas and the last time I went, I hadn't started my eating plan and exercise. What a difference. I was able to keep up (there's a lot of walking just to get to the park from the parking lot!) didn't get out of breathe and noticed a big difference in how I was able to get on and off the rides. I think in about another 30 pounds, I might even be willing to subject myself to the humiliation of a roller coaster seat!!!

jennylou
04-06-2007, 10:56 PM
I did my measurements last week but forgot to post - I've lost 35 3/4 inches since starting!

karrier
04-06-2007, 11:11 PM
I just put a blouse on that I have had for over 10 years. I kept it because I loved it but I could not fit in it. Whoo hoo

rockinrobin
04-07-2007, 06:54 AM
I was sitting with the family last night eating dinner and glanced at my hands. I looked down at my wrist and noticed that little roundish bone on the outside of my wrist. I realized I hadn't seen that cute little bone in years and years. I know it's another obscure NSV. I then preceded to check out the rest of my family's wrists and of course their little bone was sticking out too. I then looked at mine again. It's a cool little bone!!! I don't know, I just felt so "normal" and "regular", like one of the gang. I have bones too!!! And you can actually see them!!! Ahhh, so very - regular. I then went on to tell them about it. They were happy for me. I don't think they noticed the tears streaming from my eyes, though.

nelie
04-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Robin, I was excited when my wrist bone came out too and I have a similar NSV today....

Collarbones!! I have them. For a while, I've been able to hunch my shoulders and collarbones appear but last night I was looking at myself plainly in the mirror and see them. I then asked DH if he could see them in case I was imagining it. He could. We started jumping up and down together. I almost feel normal.

Slashnl
04-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Went to a candy store to get some special treats for my kids' Easter baskets. This is a very "bad" store, filled with candy treats that they make right there, ice cream, and specialty coffee drinks. It felt good to get the treats and not feel tempted. Really! I had just walked 1 1/2 miles with a friend, so maybe that had something to do with it, but I didn't want anything there. It is all very pretty and I like to go in there, but didn't indulge!!

rockinrobin
04-07-2007, 10:58 AM
OMG Nelie this is an absolutely fabulous NSV. I'm sooo happy for you.

I don't know, I was 135 lbs til I was about 20 and for the life of me I know I never ever gave my collar bones a second thought. But now, forget it. I simply can not tell you how gorgeous and sexy I think they are. They are so much prettier then any diamond or any other kind of necklace at all. I am enjoying them immensely. I love waking up in the morning and going to the bathroom and seeing um there in the mirror. I check um out all day long. I love the little hollow in my neck as well. Okay, I'll stop now. Great going Nelie. And might I just add that I am thrilled to see you posting here on a regular basis. You provide so much motivation for the whole gang here and more importantly, I am glad for you as well.

Slashnl
04-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Nelie, I echo that. I look forward to reading what you post. Thanks for being such a "standout" in this forum.

Robin, kudos to you too. Just seeing your avatar helps me!! I'm still looking for collar bones and wrist bones, but I'm sure they are still there! ha! Keep posting these NSV's. How motivating they are!!

nelie
04-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Aww robin thanks :) It is hard but I was struggling for many months but now I'm seeing real progress again. Yes the hollow in my neck is great too and it is more defined now than ever :) Never take collarbones for granted!! :)

SexyRevealed
04-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Aww robin thanks :) It is hard but I was struggling for many months but now I'm seeing real progress again. Yes the hollow in my neck is great too and it is more defined now than ever :) Never take collarbones for granted!! :)

I'm glad things are moving for you again. I'm proud that you hung in there and didn't give up. And congrats on your collarbones!

lilybelle
04-07-2007, 01:28 PM
These are such great NSV's. I love the bones one's too. I am so happy now with my collarbones too. I purposefully shop for shirts that will show them off. LOL. Just reading this today made me feel my collarbones sticking out from the top of my PJ's. LOL.

watchhershrink
04-07-2007, 01:59 PM
my nsv today is that i feel normal. i know that sounds like a weird thing, but like ive been looking in the mirror the past few days and i dont see a fat girl, i see a normal girl. now, im sure some of you are looking at my stats and saying 'shes still way fat' but im also about six foot tall... my low goal is 170 and my high goal is 185. and im 227 as of this morning. i look like a normal freakin girl! a bit on the chubby side but by no means will anyone ever like moo at me in public again, or call out 'hey fattie!'.

once again, i know it sounds stupid and weird, but ive never ever looked at myself in the mirror and not seen a fat girl. wtf?!

(side note: anna nicole smith was an inch shorter than me when she died and her autopsy report said she weighed 170 so that sort of gives me an idea as to what i will look like at that weight as we are built very similiarly)

royalsfan1
04-07-2007, 05:50 PM
I have a couple of NSV's to catch up on since I was away all week.

1) Was on vacation and stayed on plan INCLUDING exercising. Go me!

2) Have had several people comment on weight loss...especially in my face.

3) Went shopping yesterday and bought 2 shirts and 2 pairs of pants. Shirts fit fine. Pants are tight but one pair is a 22 and one pair (jeans) is a 20. Both pair go on....and I can button them but I don't wear ANYTHING that is uncomfortable. I have found that sends me off plan very quickly....and I can't figure out why! But it does. So I'm thinking in 2-3 more weeks I'll be shrinking into then out of those! :)

4) I have noticed that my hands are now my own again. They were the absolute last place I put on any weight and so they've gotten back to themselves and I'm so happy. My hands are actually very pretty...extremely long, thin fingers. My wedding ring (sz 7.5) was getting too tight and wouldn't twist but now it's too big and always falls around backwards. I'm going to have it resized. My high school class ring (sz 6) fits again! And I mean really fits...slides on and off easily! :D

That's it for my week!

RitzyFritz
04-08-2007, 12:46 AM
AWESOME, AWESOME NSVs, ladies!!! You all are doing FABULOUS! Keep up the great work!!! :carrot:

abc123lookforme
04-08-2007, 01:06 AM
I just put a blouse on that I have had for over 10 years. I kept it because I loved it but I could not fit in it. Whoo hoo

Whoo Hoo...thats great...BUT...if you can get in a shirt you've had 10 years- its time to throw it away and buy a new one...YOU DESERVE IT!!!!:carrot:

jennylou
04-08-2007, 01:37 AM
I went to Easter Vigil tonight at church. I was converting and being confirmed. I had planned on what to wear earlier in the week but it was way too cold for it. So, I frantically ran around the house like a maniac. What I discovered was that almost all of my dress pants are too big! I ended up wearing the tightest ones and they were rather saggy in the butt.

rockinrobin
04-08-2007, 08:59 AM
Okay, so last night I tried on one of my old long denim skirts, I saved a few pieces to show me just how far I've come. I try them on periodically. It's mind blowing for sure. Well last night was the most mindblowing for sure. It's been huge on me for months and months now, but last night I put in on and was actually able to wrap myself around it another time. And then, my 15 year old daughter stepped into it with me and we had plenty of room to spare. And ladies, we took a picture, soooo, I'm thinking really hard about posting some pics very, very soon.

nelie
04-08-2007, 09:47 AM
I have a NSV

Yesterday, DH and I spent the afternoon looking at townhomes/rowhomes in our area. We visited 8 different townhomes. Each had 4 stories. We visited every floor and looked through every room. Some floors we went through twice just to double check some stuff. A few had a lot of stairs leading to the townhome itself. I'd say we walked at least 40 floors worth of steps. I wasn't even tired and didn't even realize how many stairs we climbed until after we came home.

Slashnl
04-08-2007, 09:54 AM
It's Easter Sunday morning. I was up at 5:30 and took a 1 1/2 mile walk. NEVER have done that before on Easter Sunday!!! It was cool outside, but absolutely wonderful. The quiet street (I live in the country), the serenity, the peace. What a morning!

lilybelle
04-08-2007, 12:49 PM
rockinrobin, I can't wait to see your pic's.

This morning DH woke up and grabbed a pr. of Levi's to put on. He said "what is wrong with my pants?" LOL, I said "honey, those are mine". He couldn't get them halfway past his knees. Now that's what makes it all worthwhile. I was MUCH bigger than him for yrs. OMG this felt so good.

WindyCityChick
04-08-2007, 09:32 PM
My NSV for the weekend...I went out of town for the weekend to visit some friends, so of course, there was lots of eating out, but I still managed to run 11 miles, and eat "relatively" healthy, if a bit higher in calories than I would do on a normal weekend at home.

Butterflydawn
04-09-2007, 01:55 AM
I feel so inspired by you all ! This is my first time on this web site. I have 100lbs to lose which is so overwhelming. Any words of hope and faith?

Butterflydawn

royalsfan1
04-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Butterfly - One day at a time. One meal choice at a time. When you look at it like that....it makes it seem much easier....and then it does start to happen!

royalsfan1
04-09-2007, 09:32 AM
My NSV for now:

I've lost 10 inches total since March 20....I've lost 23.5 inches since I started measuring (March 1)! Boy, do I wish I had the measurements of when I first started this change!!!!

RitzyFritz
04-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Wow, these are awesome!!! Did I ever mention how motivational this thread is to me!? :smug:

Robin: That is SO cool!!! Keep it up! Can't wait to see the picture of that!

Lillybelle - I laughed out loud on that one. That is hilarious! I just passed up my husband (on the way down), and it has been a long time since I weighed less than him! When I told him, he took it as a challenge and is now trying harder than ever just to get below me again! LOL!!

Shellyknits
04-09-2007, 01:34 PM
I had a great NSV weekend! Our church and a local radio station hosts a huge egg hunt. We always get volunteer tshirts. This year the largest size was an xl. (you know, I really hate that) My dh grabbed me one and when I got home, I tried it on. It fit!!! Even if it was an xl that runs really large, I don't care, just happy to see only 1 x on the tag!

After the hunt, we were picking up a few things at wally-world. This particular store is new and has a great selection of plus size clothes. About 6 mos ago, I tried on all kinds of things and nothing fit right at all. I was barely squeezing into a size 26. I decided just for fun I'd try on some 22s. They all fit! I didn't buy a thing, but I sure had fun!

Mrs Quadcrew
04-09-2007, 01:58 PM
NOt sure if this would qualify as a NSV - but it sure has me more determined than ever. We went ATV riding again this past weekend and met up with several folks who we haven't seen since I've started this new journey (45 pounds ago) Granted, I am still fat. Here goes.....several of the ladies are very tiny (height and weight wise) and when the ONE person who noticed my wieght loss spoke up (he said look at her...she's lost almost 50 pounds, don't she look great??) One of the small ladies looked at the others and said....yea, I lost 10 pounds in 3 days with blah blah blah.....and they just ooohed and ahhhed over that. NOT a word to me about the almost 50. Just on and on about the skinny woman who did 10 pounds in 3 days.:( I felt bad for a couple of minutes, then said **** with that, wait till they see me in another few months. I just thought I was determined before......there is a fire stoked now.:devil:

RitzyFritz
04-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Go, Mrs Quadcrew, go!!!! :cheer:

That's awesome, Shelly! Keep up the great work!

Shellyknits
04-09-2007, 02:15 PM
MrsQuadcrew,

My money says those 10 pounds are right back where they were before the 3 day whatever! Ugh! Some people just don't get it. You go!!!!!

Mrs Quadcrew
04-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Shelly - you need to treat yourself to one of those cute smaller size spring outfits next time you're in there dressing up!;) You and I are about in the same clothes sizes!! (I started out not being able to zip teh 26's and I can now get into the 20's - they're snug, but by golly, there on me!):D

lilybelle
04-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Ritzy, WTG on passing your DH by on the wt. loss too. My DH used to always make me feel bad (unintentionally) when he'd say "here you can wear these camo pants of mine hunting, they are really big on me". I'd try to squeeze into them and then couldn't button them. Well, not any more , dearie (DH). I'll buy my own as Your's are TOO DARN BIG. LOL. God that feels GOOD.

You go girl, Mrs. Quadcrew. Your 50 lbs. is astounding compared to HER 10 lbs.

Shelly, WTG on the clothes NSV.

GirlyGirlSebas
04-09-2007, 03:38 PM
One of the small ladies looked at the others and said....yea, I lost 10 pounds in 3 days with blah blah blah.....

Hmmm...let's see...on one hand we have a little lady who has lost 10 pounds of most likely water weight in three days....on the other hand, we have an amazing lady who has stuck with her plan for over three months and has lost an incredible 44 pounds and who is still going strong. YOU WIN!!! I see a bit of jealousy in that group. I wish I could be there to see their faces when they see you the next time!

Shelly...Congratulations on fitting into the smaller sizes! How much fun is that!....I cant wait to be in your shoes.

becoming wisdom
04-09-2007, 04:41 PM
At first I was going to post the sarcastic comeback that sounds like a compliment, like "It must be a full-time job staying that tiny, how much harder it must be for you to lose 10 lbs!" But that's a cheap shot. Hey, we all have our demons to fight off, and this lady may actually spend most of her free time staying tiny, charming, and the center of attention!

Next time, as well as demonstrating your dedication to health, if you can rise to a little compassion for someone else's neediness, you might consider an about-face response to such an attention-grab. Try overcoming her with compliments, do your best to completely focus on supporting her, just because she asks for it. Maybe when she's full up, she can see past her own desperate need, and see your own example clearer. You, after all, do this hard challenge for your own health, and not for outside reward.

Even if little lady doesn't "get it", she goes home with her jealousy, whereas you go home with a lightened step, self-respect, and an open heart. How much richer you'll be!

becoming wisdom
04-09-2007, 04:52 PM
My last post wasn't an "April NSV", sorry, off topic. I got so caught up in Mrs. Quadcrew's account! Certainly, her fiery rededication is a beautiful NSV!

Does staying on-plan through Easter feast and last-minute invitation of guest by DH, count? It's not as spectacular, but it's the only new NSV I can post, by way of apology....

Slashnl
04-09-2007, 06:27 PM
No expert here, but it sounds like a great NSV, becoming wisdom!!

RememberHowToSmile
04-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Wonderful everyone. I've been gone for a few days and would love to respond to everyones personally but I'll just say wonderful!

I have a couple from this weekend:
First, No Easter Candy (Not even one bit)
Second, I went to see my parents and grandparents for Easter. I hadn’t seen them since Christmas. Everyone told me how good I looked and how much weight I lost. Then, my mom took me shopping (she likes to do random nice things for me when I come visit because I don’t get to see her often). She said it was so I could have something that fit. When I went to the store I still wear size 16 (but they are not at all tight) pants but I was able to go to the misses and junior departments for my tops (size XL but that a big change from plus size they look so small). I wore one of my new outfit out to dinner and again everyone said how thin they made me look and how when I wore clothing that fit you could tell even more how much weight I lost.

crazynette826
04-10-2007, 02:02 AM
It's so good to be back from vacation! I've missed this thread. Congrats on all the wonderful NSVs. I have a couple of NSVs. I wish one of them was that I stayed on plan and exercised everyday during my vacation, but I didn't. Oh well, back to my plan and losing.

Anyways my NSVs are that while on vacation I bought a couple t-shirts size L. I know that they are unisex sizes so it's not the same as a misses large, but it was still exciting to wear a shirt without an X in the size.

Also, my mom bought me new scrub pants for work that are unisex size large. She saw me in my old scrubs on the way to work and said I can't wear those any more because they are too baggy. So she bought me some new ones! Very nice of her!!

djs06
04-10-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm a jumping jellybean over here, I finally have one to share!

Sunday, my cousin (who hadn't seen me since late jan) said, "wow, you're looking really great!"

Today, a woman I work with said "girl, are you losing weight? I can really tell, you look good."

After months of sulking about how all this work and it's not even noticable, blah blah... I really needed this.

Cheryl14
04-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Hi Everyone!

This continues to be one of my very favorite threads! Congrats to all on your recent NSVs!!!:broc:

Here's mine:

As many of you know I have been working a long time on this weight loss of mine. I've had plenty of stops and starts along the way, too! I don't drop pounds very quickly, but I seem to drop INCHES. Well, I have a different kind of NSV to report today! I can FEEL MY ABS!!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Before I got out of bed this morning I stretched and put my hands on my abdomen. I kept them there as I started getting up out of bed. I have lost enough of my belly fat to finally be able to FEEL MY ABDOMINAL MUSCLES underneath my skin!!!!

Now, I know for you skinny people here that that is no big deal, but for ME, well, that is H-U-G-E!!! I had THREE abdominal surgeries (two C-Sections and a Myomectomy-fibroid removal-) in the 1980s and have hesitated to do ANY abdominal exercizing because of all the cuts and splices done to my abdominals with the three surgeries. It was with GREAT CARE that I s-l-o-w-l-y began doing the exercises, and I'm sure that my residual scar tissue made it even harder. Working as hard as I have with Turbo Jam and yoga and my exercise ball has really helped me strengthen my abdominal muscles, and I finally can not only WORK THEM...I can FEEL THEM!!!:carrot:

Cheryl
(No six-pack that you can SEE- but a six-pack that I can FEEL!!!)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Slashnl
04-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Good work, Cheryl! That must have been an awesome feeling. Very cool!
I'm thinking that I must have abdominal muscles under there somewhere, so I'll have to keep working to find them! ha!

GirlyGirlSebas
04-11-2007, 09:47 AM
I can FEEL MY ABS!!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Wow! Cheryl, that is amazing!!!! I've also had two c-sections, a myomectomy plus an abdominal hysterectomy. I've often thought that I should probably just give up on my abs, but you've shown us that there is still hope! Thanks and Congratulations!

rockinrobin
04-11-2007, 01:06 PM
I just got back from doing some food shopping at my local produce store. I DO spend a lot of time there. I love picking out my produce, seeing the different prices of the produce from week to week and what not, restocking my home with fresh veggies- hey that's an NSV right there! But that's not what prompted me to write this.

I was picking through some green beans and a neighbor who I haven't seen in a while comes up to me and says "Wow, what happened to you? Where's the rest of you go?" So I said, "I finally started eating right and exercising". And she kinda drops her head and lowers her voice and says, "But are you okay? Are you all right? Are you sick?" I said, "Yes, I'm fine, this was totally intentional." And she then says, "So you just stopped eating?" I guess she doesn't listen very well. So I said, "Quite the contrary". I point to my cart and hold up my bag of green beans and say, "I just eat lots and lots of this kind of stuff." All right, obviously she's not the brightest bulb in the bunch, but nevertheless, it kinda felt good. I certainly don't want anyone to think that I'm sick, but you guys know what I mean, right?

That's great Cheryl!!! I HAVE been doing situp, from day one in fact, but no abs sticking out - yet. Congrats. GREAT NSV. Cause if that ain't a victory, I don't know what is. :smug:

nelie
04-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Robin,

That is funny. When I first started losing weight, people would ask me "how did you do it?" and then would get all disappointed when I told them diet and exercise. Unfortunately, people think there is some magic to weight loss but there isn't other than your own drive to lose weight.

MY NSVs lately have really been discovering my body. I can feel hip bones, ribs and yesterday.... my pelvic bone near my waist. I was poking it and thought there was some growth or tumor but then I felt the other side and realized I was feeling a bone.

Oh I guess this is another NSV. Yesterday I was at Costco and was looking at their clothing area. They had lounge pants up to size XL. The XL said it fit sizes 12-14. I figured if they didn't fit now, they'd fit soon. So I bought them and they fit and they are even a little loose (but they are stretchy lounge pants so I expect that). I'm not sure I would've ever imagined myself wearing somthing that says it fits sizes 12-14.

LakeGirl
04-11-2007, 04:33 PM
I love this thread! Great job everyone!

I had my monthly weigh and measure from Curves today and as this is a NSV thread, I will just say that in the last four week, I have lost a total of 11 inches off my body! Though I hate exercising, it sure does revitalize me when I see the results!

jennylou
04-11-2007, 05:40 PM
The capris that I thought I was going to live in all summer that I couldn't even get on when I started this process are now too big on me!

tigrre
04-11-2007, 05:43 PM
I have a pair of drawstring lounge pants that I wear about once a week. In the past the knot just stays in the same place. A few days ago I put the pants on when I woke up and by the time I was at the bottom of the stairs, well.... my pants had fallen down! :o ;) LOL, luckily no one was around at the time, so I undid the knot and tightened the waist on the pants.

I haven't been taking measurements so it was a nice indicator that my stomach is getting smaller, even though it still looks HUGE to me.

booklover
04-11-2007, 07:31 PM
My NSV for April is that I went home to visit my parents last weekend for the Easter Holiday and they both commented that I had lost a significant amount of weight. I saw them just 3 months ago and they said it was definitely noticeable.

Yay!!!!!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Now, if I could only fit into the size 24 jeans I bought at Target that same day. ;)

RememberHowToSmile
04-12-2007, 01:42 AM
I was putting together an outfit to wear tomorrow and I went to pick out a piece of jelwery to wear. I first tried on a braclet I was given for my college graduation and it fell off me. So then I was looking at my rings and tried on the one my parents gave me for my 16 birthday (which hasn't fit me since I graduated high school in 2001) and it fit perfectly. If memory serves me right it is a size 7. When I got my college ring last May I wore a 9!!!

lilybelle
04-12-2007, 02:35 AM
Cheryl, WTG on the AB's. I'm working on mine some too even though I've had multiple abdominal surgeries. I'll sure be glad if mine ever start to look/feel better.

Robin, I know exactly what you mean. Many people who see me know that I have been sick with my liver problem. I've had so many ask "did you lose all the weight from being sick?" I always explain that NO, that didn't help me lose ANY of the weight. I lost it from hard work and eating right.

royalsfan1
04-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Great work on the rings, remember! I know exactly how you feel! :D

Shellyknits
04-12-2007, 12:27 PM
I took my measurements today. I've lost a total of 11.75 inches! That's almost a foot! Biggest loss was from my waist, 4.5 inches. I wish I had taken my measurements at the very beginning. I took my starting measurements on March 8th. I can't hardly believe it.

jennylou
04-12-2007, 02:24 PM
The area right around and above my knees is shrinking! They are atarting to look cute!

RitzyFritz
04-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Way to go, Tricia, Shelly, and jennylou!!! (and all the others who have done SO VERY WELL!!!) :cheer2:

Lifeguard
04-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Woohoo - I have not been able to post a NSV is sooooo long & now I have, well, a couple!

1. I am wearing a pair of pants today that I wore once at Christmas 5 years ago & they are as comfortable as a pair of dress pants can get! Unfortunately I am noticing that they are a little on the short side so a few more pounds won't hurt their fit.

2. My flu is done!

3. Today while shopping I noticed the jacket I was wearing (that used to "just" do up) is kind of loose and balloony.

On other news - my SIL has finally been admitted to the hospital in-patient eating disorders clinic & she starts tomorrow!!! Woohoo!

nelie
04-12-2007, 10:01 PM
I have one :)
I was feeling a bit tired and drained today. I didn't feel like doing my elliptical. So I told myself that I'd do one of my "The Firm" workouts which is only 35 minutes long. I did it and it was a bit challenging since I haven't done it in quite a few months. After my workout, I realized I was energized so I decided to hop on the elliptical, set a target of 30 minutes + 5 cool down and do as much as I felt like doing. Well I ended up doing the entire 35 minutes. So for a day where I was trying to talk myself out of working out, I did 70 minutes total.

WindyCityChick
04-12-2007, 10:36 PM
My NSV for the day...I wore an outfit that used to be my "skinny outfit", i.e., the one that I kind of could squeeze myself into on a good day - and it's positively hanging off me - time to say good bye! (although I love the skirt, may have to try having it tailored to save it)

royalsfan1
04-12-2007, 11:30 PM
I had THREE people comment on my weight loss tonight. They were all people I haven't seen in a month or so. :D

sept15lija
04-13-2007, 10:39 AM
WOO HOO everyone!!

I had sort of "duh" moment this morning but I think it's an NSV too! I put on a v-neck shirt and then my favourite necklace. I noticed the necklace was hanging down inside my shirt, where it used to be right at the perfect place an inch or two above the "v" of my shirt. I was like "HUH?" but then realized that I must have lost inches in my neck which is why it's not hanging properly! LOL

Also, speaking of this shirt, my DH told me to stop wearing it because it looks like I'm in scrubs or something because it's way too big for me. Hmmm, guess he was TELLING me to go shopping! ;)

boaterswife
04-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Yesterday I was feeling a bit down after my doctor's appointment. She didn't have anything BAD to say, the problem was more that she didn't say anything at all (about the 73 pounds I've lost since I saw her last) until I asked a couple questions as she was walking out the door. She told me that I'm still overweight and need to lose more. No kidding, I already knew that! In the past I would have cheered myself up by eating something that wasn't too healthy. Instead of that, I went home and fixed my normal lunch of a sandwich, carrots, pickles and fruit. I satisfied my hunger, but did not feed my mood! Later last night I was still feeling sort of blah and was watching a bit of TV, without even thinking I changed into my workout clothes and got on the elliptical while I watched the rest of the program. So the NSV for me? I didn't let someone else's opinion derail the improvments I was making for me, and it felt good!

jennylou
04-13-2007, 11:46 AM
boater'swife - I'm sorry your Dr had nothing positive to say about your weight loss! I know Dr's need to tell us when we are still overweight, etc - but I wish they'd make comments on our progress too!

Kilmeny
04-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Back in 1995 there was this T-shirt I really wanted in the gift shop of one of the colleges I was thinking about attending. They didn't have an X-large. My younger sister also liked the t-shirt and bought it in a large. When she decided to get rid of the shirt sometime later, I grabbed it and stuck it in with my stuff, thinking "someday I'm going to wear that shirt".

And last night I discovered it fits.:dance:

Kilmeny

boaterswife
04-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Thanks, Jennylou! I think I need to get used to the fact that most of them have no bedside manners at all.....they're just full of themselves!

royalsfan1
04-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Wow, Kelly. Your Doctor is TOUGH! I would think she would cheer your success thus far. Cheer yourself by being glad she is just your Doctor and not your MOM! Can you imagine????

WTG Kilmeny on the shirt fitting!

nelie
04-13-2007, 12:06 PM
I'm home today and as DH was leaving, he told me I looked skinny and my arms are thinning out. He is awesome :)

After he left though, I decided to try on my size 18 misses petite pants and they buttoned! They even zipped up a little. I probably need to lose 10-15 more lbs to feel comfortable wearing them but I can't believe I'm so close to leaving plus sizes behind forever.

LakeGirl
04-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Yay Nelie! That must be a wonderful feeling!!

Sheila53
04-13-2007, 12:49 PM
It's so much fun to read all these wonderful NSVs!!

Kelly, I'm so proud of you for not letting your doctor visit derail you! To me, that's an incredible accomplishment. Is there any way you could change doctors? If she's that clueless about such a big change in your life, then I'd be afraid she wouldn't notice other health-related things.

boaterswife
04-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! Life has been in the way lately and I haven't been visiting multiple times a day like I always have, yet when I stop by everyone is still so encouraging. School will be out soon and I'll be able to spend more time here, and that always makes me happy!

Sheila, yes, I've been contemplating that same thing. Due to our insurance we can only change doctors during the annual enrollment period from December 15 thru January 5, so I'll hang on temporarily, but come December I'm outta there!

rockinrobin
04-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Yesterday I was feeling a bit down after my doctor's appointment. She didn't have anything BAD to say, the problem was more that she didn't say anything at all (about the 73 pounds I've lost since I saw her last) until I asked a couple questions as she was walking out the door. She told me that I'm still overweight and need to lose more. No kidding, I already knew that! In the past I would have cheered myself up by eating something that wasn't too healthy. Instead of that, I went home and fixed my normal lunch of a sandwich, carrots, pickles and fruit. I satisfied my hunger, but did not feed my mood! Later last night I was still feeling sort of blah and was watching a bit of TV, without even thinking I changed into my workout clothes and got on the elliptical while I watched the rest of the program. So the NSV for me? I didn't let someone else's opinion derail the improvments I was making for me, and it felt good!

Kelly, I'm sorry but there's something wrong with your Dr. What an insensitive, stupid moron. She should have been praising you up and down, left and right, telling you what an incredible job you have done and what an improvement you have made to your life. AND how DIFFICULT a thing it is that you are tying (and succeeding) at doing. Where's Dr. Oz? And Dr. Marcus Welby? Why can't they all be like that? Grrrrr. I'm so glad you didn't let her get the best of you.

Great going to everyone else. These are just fabulous NSV'S.

Lifeguard
04-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Well, I was all ready to put in about your doctor - but I see I'm not alone in my frame of mind. She was out of line, plain & simple. She is supposed to be working WITH you & for you.

By the way 73 lbs lost is TERRIFIC!!!!!

karrier
04-14-2007, 05:09 AM
When I started 7 Jan, I fit into a size 24 -26.
Yesterday I fit into (a bit tight but zipped up) a pair of size 20 dress pants.
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: Whoo hoo!!!

boaterswife
04-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Thanks again, Robin and Lifeguard, that doc is on her way out. As soon as December rolls around I'll have a new doctor. I'm going to spend the next 6 months talking to friends and family about their doctors and what they like/dislike about them, and hopefully I'll make a good choice when the time comes!

As far as NSV's go, last night I was home alone....DH was at work, DS out with friends, DD doing a sleepover at a friend's house....just me and the dog were home. I went into the bedroom to grab a sweatshirt out of the closet and ended up going on a clothing binge...you know, the kind where you get obsessive and try on every piece of clothing in your closet? Well, I was pleasantly surprised to find that a couple items I bought within the last few weeks hoping to wear this summer now fit! They're still a little snug, but they should be just right in another couple weeks! Woo Hoo!

mandy27613
04-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Well this is my first time to post in the NSV. I went to the doctor the other day because I had an ear infection and I told them to go ahead and draw my blood to do a full profile because I was curious about my cholesterol. Well I got the results and my cholesterol scores were amazing. My over all score was a 90. My bad cholesterol was only a 16. I think that my doctor was surprised and so was I!! I know that this is for non scale but I also lost 3 more pounds!!!!

boaterswife
04-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Wow, Mandy! Awesome cholesterol scores! Your doctor must be THRILLED and I'm sure you are too....keep up the great work!

melsfolly
04-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Wonderful NSV's guys! And Kelly, I'm so sorry that you had that experience with your doctor!

I finally had a NSV - actually I had 2 this week. After 70 lbs. someone finally noticed that I've lost weight! It was someone that I hadn't seen since December and she's the type of person that always notices any weight gain or loss, but it felt good to finally have someone say "Hey! You've lost weight!!. And my second NSV is that I am finding that I'm sitting on my legs at work again! (I know, that's not good for you, but geez it is so comfortable!). Up until recently my knees were too chubby for it to be doable unless I wanted to suffer from fat pinching!

BooBear2071
04-15-2007, 06:09 PM
I went to the store today and tried on stuff. Nothing was right for me but I can't get over it. I fit into size 14's! Regular ladys sizes. I put on dresses and they didn't just fit -- they looked good. Everything fit and fit well. I put on 10 things and they all fit! Honestly I think I might not have purchased anything because I was still in shock. I have a little way to go -- I still have a stomach -- but it was just so great -- size 14!'s At dress barn-- not in the woman's section!

BooBear2071
04-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Yesterday I was feeling a bit down after my doctor's appointment. She didn't have anything BAD to say, the problem was more that she didn't say anything at all

My doctor did that to me as well. I lost only 30 lbs when I went to see her but my cholesterol was substantially down and my ratio was much improved. I was giddy but her enthusiasm was um lacking. Even the letter she wrote me about the cholesterol results said something like "I suspect that your results are due to your recent weight loss which is commendable -- however you remain obese and must concentrate more of your efforts on diet and exercise." No really? Anyway. . . I just threw out the letter and got back to it

I am supposed to make an appointment with her soon to re do the cholesterol check but I want to lose a bit more first.

NickiB68
04-15-2007, 06:29 PM
I am wearing my size 20 jeans today and they are too big. My size 18's fit now w/o my belly doing the muffin top.

I saw a friend yesterday and she asked if I had lost weight! :)

And, (I'm not trying to be mean!) my ex came by yesterday to see the kids, and my belly is now smaller than his! :D For the first time in 9 years!

LisaMarie71
04-15-2007, 08:37 PM
I still need to catch up on this thread!!

I was in my hometown all last week, so I got lots of compliments from people I hadn't seen in ages, which was nice. My grandfather's was the best, though. He's 96 and can't see all that well, but he just kept looking at me, and finally he said, "You're just so much prettier now." Later he realized that might offend me, so he said, "I didn't mean you weren't pretty before. I just mean that losing weight has brought something out in you. It's brought out your smile." And it really has!

Today we had a long drive back and we stopped at a gas station somewhere. I bought a Diet Mountain Dew and the guy behind the counter admonished me for buying a diet drink. He kept saying, "There's no need for a diet drink. You look PERFECT." Maybe he couldn't see that well, either. :lol: I was all giggly...haha! I hope he wasn't just trying to be nice to the poor fat girl -- I guess I'll always think that's the case even when I'm not the fat girl anymore.

boaterswife
04-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Whew! The weekend is about over and again I'm trying to catch up....things are simpler when no one wants a piece of my time and I can play on the computer, eh? But, alas, that could be part of the reason I need to lose weight! No, on second thought, the computer has two faces.....the side that makes me want to be slug and just sit and read, but it also takes me to you guys, and all this awesome inspiration! So, I'll keep coming here every chance I get!

Melissa, how wonderful that someone commented to you about your weight loss! I know it's discouraging when it seems that no one has noticed....I think a lot of times people just don't know what to say. They don't want to offend you, or may not know if you've been sick. I think so many times people want to lose weight, but don't or can't for some reason that when we do lose weight others think we must have been ill to actually accomplish the weight loss. Good for you for hanging in there!

BooBear, don't you just love shopping now? I can't go shopping anywhere without trying something on just to see if it fits! And thanks for telling me about your doctor; sometimes I think I have the only jerk m.d. out there! Like we can't look in the mirror and see that there's still more work to be done....a pat on the back would probably get almost anyone moving more and eating less, I don't need the negative reinforcement!

Nicki, good for you! Down one size already...keep it up, girl!

Lisa, way to go with the diet soda and complement from the gas guy! We'll just assume he has perfect 20/20 vision and saw you looking great! Cool!

rockinrobin
04-16-2007, 01:02 PM
This is just a general overall feeling NSV. I had a fantastic weekend. Didn't do anything spectacular, but I FELT spectacular. I socialized and was feeling oh so confident and got a zillion compliments, one in particular came from a husband of a friend of mine who said to me, "I hope you don't mind my saying so, but you look LUCIOUS." Hmmm, interesting way to put it. I hope my cheeks didn't look as red as they felt. I loved the clothing I wore all weekend. I have so many outfits that I adore now I have a difficult time deciding which one to wear, quite a switch from the days when I had barely any clothing and had to settle for whatever shapeless sack would get around me. It didn't reflect my style - AT ALL. I love my new workout outfit, which includes a tank top. I felt great, had lots of energy and got a lot accomplished. I thoroughly enjoyed making my dinner last night. It included lots of veggies and I was just enjoying chopping and preparing everything and the fact that I was serving a delicious healthy meal to my family and they loved and appreciated it. I'm just really getting a "kick" out of doing ordinary things. Just enjoying this new smaller me.

sharonrr
04-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Good for you Robin. I love reading your posts. Whenever I see your name on a post I have to check it out to see what you wrote.

Lifeguard
04-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Robin - I am so glad you are just enjoying life. It is very motivating to me to hear that you are enjoying the weight loss - I worry I won't so I find this comforting.

I also had a good weekend. I slept in but unlike the past I didn't beat myself up about it & I was really productive. I even cooked (DH usually does all the cooking). & I painted the nursery. No I am not pregnant (I have PCOS) but I am hoping that it being painted will bring good baby vibes. Plus I was sick of the scooby doo/flourescent green paint decor we inherited in that room!

JasonsLea
04-16-2007, 01:30 PM
I just adore you Robin. You rox my sox! :D

nelie
04-16-2007, 04:06 PM
A male coworker actually told me I was losing too much weight... Oh my, I don't think so but I appreciate it :)

LisaMarie71
04-16-2007, 04:42 PM
A coworker told me today "You look like you lost 15 more pounds over Spring Break!!" That was nice to hear, considering I actually gained about four, I believe...

Slashnl
04-16-2007, 04:47 PM
I went to walk around this large block by our middle school. I haven't done this since I first started on this journey. I remember when I was there before, I thought I would die before I made it once around. I made it twice around this time and could have done another one if I would have had more time. It was nice!!!

nelie
04-17-2007, 10:54 AM
I measured myself this morning and realized that no part of me is over 50 inches. My widest point (butt, belly hang, hips) was 48 inches this morning. I remember when I first started measuring (10 lbs down from my highest weight), my measuring tape only went to 60 inches and it didn't fit all the way. My estimate was that it was 65 inches. So I've lost 17 inches off my hips.

Here is an estimate of all my inches

Inches Then Now Loss
Neck 19 15 4
Shoulders 60 45 15
Waist 56 38 18
Hips 65 48 17
Upper arm 21 14 7 each
Wrist 7.75 6.5 1.25 each
Ring size 12 8.5
Upper thigh 33 23 10 each
Calf 21 16 5 each
Ankle 11 9 2 each
Shoe size 11 9

So for total inches lost it looks like approximately 106.5 inches. Although I did measure other places such as forearm and underarms but I started measuring those only 40 or 50 lbs ago. Total loss in those areas is around 10 inches.

Slashnl
04-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Wow Nelie! That's a lot of inches! Good for you!

RitzyFritz
04-17-2007, 01:04 PM
It would take me forever to say it to each individual, but I am totally INSPIRED and IN AWE by these NSVs!! Do you all know how motivating you are to me (and others)!? Keep up the great work! We are watching and learning from you! :hug:

My NSV is actually based on the scale but the scale isn't the NSV. I purposely set myself short-term weight increments to meet by certain dates. So far, I have met the first two a month ahead of when I had it scheduled! When I looked at that this morning, it just made me determined all over again to see this through. I'm doing it - one lb at a time! :carrot:

wanna b thin
04-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Even thou my scales are not moving much lately I did buy a szie smaller jeans this week. I think it was the pick me up I needed. I've had so many distractions with my son in the hospital and the holiday.

Runundefined
04-17-2007, 06:31 PM
I have one to add..

Yesterday I had to get dressed up (doesn't happen that often as I work from home!)..

I have this lovely, lime green blouse I bought last summer as an incentive piece.. it's just so pretty.. It has lace, short cap sleeves and beadwork all over the front.. and a very sexy V neck :o I just fell in love with it and had to have it.. even though it was WAY (like two sizes) too small at the time.. I saw it sitting in the back of my closet yesterday and decided to try it on (sure I could still not fit in it).. and IT FIT! and it's not even "barely fitting" it fits perfect! it is a size 16 (a real size 16!)- (I have gone from a size 24 to a size 16 blouse!)..I almost cried.. man.. I feel great..:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

rockinrobin
04-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Robin - I am so glad you are just enjoying life. It is very motivating to me to hear that you are enjoying the weight loss - I worry I won't so I find this comforting.

Lifeguard I can't tell you that losing the weight will solve all your problems, because, well, that's just not the case. I am a wife and mother of 3 teenaged daughters and we've still got lots of "stuff" going on in this household. Lots. As we all do no matter what stage of life we are in. That has not changed. But I am just overall - happier. Incredibly so in fact.For myself I had a lot of worries tied directly to my weight and those of course have been greatly alleviated.

I get soooo much joy from things that many people most likely take for granted. Waking up and starting the day out at almost 300 lbs was to put it mildly - extremely - unpleasant. I now can't wait to start the day. I love showering and moisturizing my body - something I never bothered with in the past. And picking out my days clothing. I even love my new PJ's. All right, I even love looking at my smaller, much smaller undies. Every morning when I put them on I still can't believe they fit me, that they're really mine. I love all the added energy and just the way I walk now. I really - MOVE, with ease, despite my bad knees. Life is just much easier for me now that I am lugging around 120 lbs less of me. And yes, with much less worries. I can go on and on about all the joys I am experiencing now, but I'll spare you. I don't think you should spend time worrying about whether or not you will indeed enjoy your new slimmer self. Because if I was a betting person and I was down to my last $500.00 bucks or $5000.00 bucks or whatever number you wanna pick - I'd bet the whole kit and caboodle that you too will enjoy your slimmer self and find have more joy in your life in general when you lose the weight. Have no fear. It will happen for you. :hug: :hug: :hug:

nelie
04-17-2007, 08:32 PM
I was able to wear one of DH's sweatshirts.

Now this may not sound like a big deal if you are married to a big guy but...

DH is 5'11, 135 lbs. He wears a small and it is really hard to find clothes for him because he is small. I needed a warm shirt to put on to go outside. I couldn't find mine but I looked at his. I was going to amuse myself by seeing how far off I was. I was shocked when it was fit, loose up top, a little snug on the hips. So I figured it was one of his shirts that was a couple sizes larger and he wore it anyway, maybe a size Large. When I took it off, I looked at the tag and it was a size small.... Crazy!

NickiB68
04-17-2007, 11:21 PM
We had a birthday party at work today....cake w/ choc frosting, ice cream, chips and soda. I wished the birthday girl a happy one and politely declined the goodies. She was so astonished, she called me later to ask me what kind of diet I was on.

Then I took my daughter to dinner, Japanese. First time I've been out to eat since my journey began. I shared my meal with my daughter, she got my rice, I kept the veggies. And I quit eating when I felt full, not when the plate was licked clean! Then I sent the leftover rice and shrimp to her dads house!

RememberHowToSmile
04-18-2007, 12:34 AM
On of my friends dropped by earlier today so I could help her with her computer. We meet when we both started law school in Sepetember. This was the first time she had been too my aparment and she was looking at the pictures of my family. She looked at pictures form my undergrad graduation which was taken shortly after I started loosing weight and was shocked. She couldn't believe that I had lost that much weight in a year.

GirlyGirlSebas
04-18-2007, 03:28 PM
RememberHowToSmile - You have lost a lot of weight! Congratulations!

Well.....after all this time, I finally have another NSV.:D Not only am I back on-plan after several weeks of putzing around, I also worked out today! Its been 5 weeks since I last worked out. Right before I left, I had a headache and almost didnt go. I'm so glad I went anyway. Now, I'm really pumped up to stay with the plan!

Cheryl14
04-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Yea! Rhonda! You go, girl!!! I'll bet you feel great about doing it, too!

SuchAPrettyFace
04-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Congrats, everyone! It's so inspiring reading these.

So guess what I did yesterday? I got my picture taken at the YMCA for my replacement membership card! Now I can go weigh in & see how I am doing. I am planning on using the weight room in the mornings when no one is there. There will also be some pool use if I have anything to say about it (and I have EVERYTHING to say about it since I am the one steering this ship), so that means I have to locate my goggles & swim cap. I can't wait to feel strong & healthy again. And I can't wait to find out how much I weigh, and how much I should lose in 2 weeks before going back to Mayo Clinic.

Lifeguard
04-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Robin - thank you for your last post. I think I may print it & post it - I find it so motivating!

My NSV is that the other night I was at a Girl Guide District meeting. I realized at the end of the meeting that I was speaking up & saying what I thought without a moments thought about what other people thought of me. But what is really exciting is that this is starting to become more than just an occassional thing - I feel like the real me is finally coming back. And I missed her!

Cheryl14
04-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Good Morning!

I'm so glad this thread is hoppin'!!! LOVE to check in and read how we are noticing so many positive changes in our lives as we get more fit!!

Here's my NSV:

As many of you know, I have been doing HipHopAbs using the DVD set created by Shaun T. from Beachbody.com. It is SO much fun, and I actually giggle as I dance! Anyway, I was doing the DVD today, and Shaun told me to "strut my stuff" as I walked to the left and then walked to the right before I went back to the regular HipHop moves of the DVD. This time I put my hands on my hips and really strutted! Guess what? I actually felt the bones of my hips moving the rest of my legs! :carrot: Before I had had so much flab on my hips that I only felt FLAB, no BONE! I'm taking a break, and then I'm going to "strut my stuff" again!

Oh, the wonders of losing flab!!!:carrot:

nelie
04-19-2007, 10:41 AM
I bought some misses size Large shirts and they fit!!

Janny O
04-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Woke up this morning and thought " I'm gonna try and get into a smaller size pair of jeans" And "voila" they fit!!!(42 to 40). We have pants retirement parties at our house. When jeans get too big-we fold them up and stick them in the "fat pants drawer" Gotta love it.

Lifeguard
04-19-2007, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE=Janny O;1659466] We have pants retirement parties at our house. QUOTE]

I LOVE THAT!!!!

nelie
04-19-2007, 11:35 AM
I actually need to go through my closet and start putting more stuff in bags. There are so many things that I just don't wear because they are too big! :)

LisaMarie71
04-19-2007, 11:50 AM
I feel like the real me is finally coming back. And I missed her!

You summed up exactly how I feel too, Lifeguard! :)

My NSV is that a student athlete at my school talked to me yesterday about how much weight I've lost. She went on and on about how great I look, and she said she sees me running and she just thinks I'm like She-ra or something, like a powerful woman, because I've worked so hard! :lol: I thought that was really cute. But it also reminded me that I'm serving as a good example for students at my school, by showing them that you can reach your goals if you stick to it, not just with academics but in other areas of your life as well.

sept15lija
04-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Lifeguard - I feel that too, like I am coming back. I am so much more confident in myself...at work I have changed, I say what I think instead of hanging back...something I hadn't really thought about yet - thanks for sharing!!

My NSV is that we went to my favourite restaurant last night...and I was so afraid I was going to pig out, but I only ate about 1/3 of what they served me, and a little bit of the appetizer. I just enjoyed the conversation with my DH and didn't focus so much on the food...and I came in under on my calories even! yay!

BooBear2071
04-19-2007, 04:44 PM
So yesterday we had a big meeting at work. Normally I hate to or can't go to them. But yesterday I went. Not only did someone ask me there if I was losing weight, but today, a different very nice lady was walking by my office and stopped to mouth to me -- "are you losing weight?"

When I said yes she said that several other people brought it to her attention at the meeting, and then she said the funniest thing, that she thought it was my hair. Which I have to tell you so many people have asked me if I was doing something with my hair. She also noted that many of them are shy to say something that I would get offended that they thought I was fat before or was not losing by choice now.

Anyway it was such a good feeling. I had kind of a crap day and week. I have been stressing over piddling 24-7 and I was bummed because I have not been doing great for a few days on my diet through no fault of my own -- just a lot of unexpected events that require me to go off plan a bit (drink cranberry juice / have chineese for lunch). But that felt great. And now I really feel the workplace is noticing which some did before and some didn't.

Lifeguard
04-19-2007, 04:52 PM
I just bought the cutest beige sandals for $2.50! I love payless! (I have size 11 feet - I never get cheap shoes!)

Cheryl14
04-20-2007, 12:04 AM
I wear size 11, too!

LisaMarie71
04-20-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm wearing size 14 jeans from a regular store today, and they're completely comfortable!

boaterswife
04-20-2007, 10:51 PM
LisaMarie...how exciting for you!!!! You have come so far, keep it up, girl!

My NSV today caught me a little off guard. I walked in to the office at school where one of my better friends is the secretary. It just so happened that a mutual friend of ours volunteers in the library and had walked into the office just a moment before me. When I walked in and said hi, this mutual friend said "My gosh you've gotten so skinny". I just laughed and sort of blew it off and replied, "not yet, but I will be". I don't take the complements that well, they make me a little uncomfortable. Well, when I said that, my other friend said "No, you're skinny NOW". I thought about that little 2 minute conversation for the next hour or so. While the comments did make me feel good, they also made me think. Do we see ourselves accurately? I don't feel "fat" anymore, but I also don't feel as though I qualify for the word "skinny". I'm not in shape. Yes, I work out every day, but there's still a lot of me to work out. Then later this evening I had QVC on while I was cooking dinner (yep, I'm a qvc junkie, don't buy much but love to watch) and they had these pants on that were really cute and I thought would be just what I need for an upcoming summery wedding in July. They gave the measurements for the different sizes so I ran in the bedroom real quick and measured a pair of pants that fit really great (size 12) and they measured the same as a size medium on the tv. Is this possible? Me in a medium bottom? I had to order them just to see! This again goes back to wondering if we ever have an accurate self image!

OK, I'm done rambling and thinking out loud...thanks for listening!

royalsfan1
04-20-2007, 10:52 PM
More comments on my loss today from people who haven't seen me in a while. You all were right...once they started they just seemed to snowball!

Put on a pair of size 20 jeans and they are almost wearable. I need to lose about 5 more pounds for them to be comfortable....and I refuse to wear anything until it feels GOOD! :) Can't wait to be in a 14 like Lisa!!!! Way to go, girl! :D

LisaMarie71
04-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Great NSV, Kelly! And a medium -- woohoo!! :)

Tricia, you'll be in 14s with me in no time! You're doing fantastic!

Today was a good day for me, NSV-wise. It was quite a compliment-heavy day. It's funny, because I thought I looked really crappy, but apparently I should dress like a bum more often. We wore VA Tech colors to honor the victims, and I only had one raggedy old VT t-shirt of my husband's even though it's my alma mater, which is pathetic I know. (Off topic, it was great to see so many people wearing Hokie colors today and ribbons to remember the victims. It's just such a tragedy and I'm touched by how much people have banded together to mourn). I wore the old t-shirt with holes in it and a pair of jeans. Students don't often see me in jeans, I guess, so they went on about how good I looked in them, which was nice since I already felt good about the size I got to wear today. Words like "beautiful" and "skinny" and even "hot" were thrown around, to my enormous surprise. Not that I particularly want to be called "hot" by 16 year olds, but I'll take it. :lol:

Another good one was when I talked to a coworker about my race tomorrow and she called me "in shape" and "fit." I couldn't help but laugh!

crazynette826
04-21-2007, 08:33 AM
What great NSV's. I haven't been here for a few days, been working, and I couldn't believe I had three pages to catch up on. How cool is that?!?

My NSV is because of my nephew. We were watching TV tonight, sitting on the couch and he turns to me and says "You're too skinny." I was like "What?" And he says "Yeah, you're not as soft to lay on anymore." Totally made my day!! You've got to love 6 year olds!! I've still got a long ways to go, but it's nice to know that at least to him, I'm skinny!

BooBear2071
04-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Today was a good day for me, NSV-wise. It was quite a compliment-heavy day. It's funny, because I thought I looked really crappy,

I find that people seem not only really notice when I wear different clothing. It isn't so much that the clothing be tight or even look that good -- but when I wear different items I am practically crushed by the compliments.

Shellyknits
04-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Big NSV day for me. I finished my very first 5K today! Yup, I walked it, but I made it! 61 minutes. I was shooting for under an hour. Next time, right? Also (this is a little scale related) this morning I officially hit the under 100 pounds to lose mark. That has been a big hurdle for me. I think I'm going to try to upload my finish picture as my new avatar!

lilybelle
04-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Congratulations everyone on the great NSV's. I've been away from this thread for about a week and I'm glad I finally got caught up. I've been fairly ill and had some family problems going on with my SD.

Yesterday I tried on a pair of my "skinny" son's Levi's that I bought him for Christmas and they were a size 30 x 32 and a little too short on him. They fit loosely on my waist and were humongous on my hips and legs. I won't be borrowing his jeans. LOL.

Last night I cooked baked chicken, wild rice and brussel sprouts. We had an early dinner, so at 10PM both my DH and DD were fixing them some more food. I thought that I COULD eat, but wasn't really needing more, so I didn't eat anything, just watched them eat.

southernleftylady
04-21-2007, 01:14 PM
my dad said today "wow you look great you look like you lost weight" and I told him 10 pounds and he said "no way you look like you lost more than that and you are tighter have you been working out too"
:)

LisaMarie71
04-21-2007, 02:02 PM
More great NSVs! :)

Shelly, congrats on your first 5k! I ran my first 5k today! I did it in 31:19, which was much faster than I thought I could do.

watchhershrink
04-21-2007, 02:11 PM
you ladies make me smile. thanks for always sharing the things that make it worth it!

Mrs Quadcrew
04-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Here's another clothes one (I know, boring to some - sorry) I put on those brand new size 20 jeans and they FIT!! I wore them and a new shirt today and I just felt soooo good! My pants size 4 months ago was 26/28 and those were VERY tight!

WindyCityChick
04-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Congratulations to everyone on the fabulous NSV's

It's been a very interesting NSV weekend for me. I saw lots of folks I haven't seen for a few months, and received many compliments on how I look. Interestingly, lately I keep hearing from people that I look so much happier than I used to - apparently I can't stop smiling these days. And, I got some male attention that I have no intention of acting on, but it still sure felt nice!

BooBear2071
04-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Yesterday I went over my brother's house to see my nephew and we got to look at old photos. I was so thin and good looking when I was younger. LOL I am sorry if that seems cocky:D but it was just stunning to see these photos I haven't seen in ages. It totally gave me motivation to get thin again.

But as I was looking at the photos I remember thinking how last year when I started dieting I didn't think of this but because I had lost 30 lbs when my nephew was born -- and the photos reflect that-- I am so greatful! My photo's of my graduation from law school were kind of ruined because I was so large and my brother's wedding was so disappointing because of the weight. But my nephew will always see me in the photos as thin and pretty. I was just so happy about that. Assuming they have more kids or I have kids I will be able to show them those photos with pride and those photos will for good or ill reflect me.

RememberHowToSmile
04-22-2007, 01:20 PM
I had a friend over the other day to study. He has been over a few times before but this time he was looking at the pictures up around my apartment. There is a picture of me and my sister from my high school graduation (June, 01). I could figure out why he was staring at it but didn't want to ask. So I was talking with my sister about this and her response was I think you are thinner now then when you graduated. I started thinking about it and I'm pretty sure that she is right this is pobable the thinest I've been since my freshman (maybe sophmore) year of high school.

becoming wisdom
04-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Two nights ago, we had my DH's ex-coworker and family over, including 2 sons, a 3-yr-old with lots of energy and a 6-mo-old on the point of crawling. Lots of prep work ("breakables should be above 5 feet"), mom still nursing & probably easily tired, and I wasn't sure how we were going to handle the little fireball! Turns out he likes peekaboo and chase; I had great fun for better part of an hour chasing/ waylaying this little tyke all around our house, until HE needed to rest! Then, I got to read him 2 Robert Munsch stories, not in the least out of breath. We were able to give these young parents a decent respite, take turns holding an actively curious infant, and have a great time!

Even a month ago, this would have been so totally past me, I would have just said "no" to inviting them, like many times in the past. It's neat my DH sees the change in my energy, and has started inviting people over again! And last night, after all the energy needed the last few days to prepare, you'd think I'd crash? Huh! Just itching to get moving - had to hop on the cycle in the wee hours, so I could get tired enough for sleep!

Mrs. Quadcrew, I for one love reading about new clothes NSV's, because they're the proof and reward for all those inches lost! And congratulations EVERYBODY for the well-earned approval from family friends, & coworkers, for all the new things we can do (or long-past, that we can now do once more), for our happier step, and for unveiling our real selves that have been so long hidden. If we were just aiming for lbs lost, and none of these other goals, then it wouldn't make much sense to put such high priority on the required lifestyle changes, would it? Pats on the back, all round! :high::cheer2:

lewelaine
04-23-2007, 07:39 AM
My mom mailed me a pair of US size 10 jeans. I put them on and they fit, heck they were kind of roomy. A year and a half ago I wore a US size 20 jeans and I was happy about that (coming from a size 24 before)

rockinrobin
04-23-2007, 08:16 AM
Good morning everyone. Great going. Mrs. Quadcrew I am NEVER bored hearing about other people's clothing NSV's (or any other kind for that matter). Never.

I had another fabulous NSV filled weekend. Full of activity, great clothing, confidence and compliments. Again, I ran into many people who I haven't seen in a while. 2 different people (and 1 last weekend) told me that when they first saw me they thought I was one of my daughters. Haha. And then while talking to a 3rd person, just an acquaintance, we got to talking about age. I told her I was 43. She went on and on about how she thought I was waaaay younger and there was no way I could be 43. Way.

RitzyFritz
04-23-2007, 09:24 AM
These are all awesome!!

My NSV? I got my motivation back! :carrot: And it is mostly because of this wonderful place and all its wonderful contributors! :hug:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :thanks:

Slashnl
04-23-2007, 09:41 AM
A couple little NSV's this weekend for me. I took my daughter shopping on Saturday. (Rather than having a birthday party, she wanted to go shopping with me... she's 13, can you tell?) Anyway, we walked all over the mall and finally, I didn't feel like I had to go home and lay down afterward. I didn't get tired (well, I was tired of spending money...), and we had such a good time.

Then, she had a volleyball party. They had pizza, salad, fruit and ended with cake and ice cream. I had 1 piece of pizza and a big salad and a side of fruit. I resisted the other stuff and I was very proud I could do it without feeling like I was missing out.

Mrs Quadcrew
04-23-2007, 10:26 AM
I SOOO LOVE hearing all of these first thing in the morning!! Thank you ladies for the sweet comments on the clothes NSV's. (I never get tired of hearing about them either!!):D I don't have one that is real specific....I just wore another pair of those size 20 jeans and a cute summer top and my new running shoes on Sat. (which all matched really well - all light shade of blue and white!) I just FELT so pretty and active in it! Later that night DD's boyfriend came over and he looked at me and he said...."you look really nice this evening!" It just really made me feel great!

sharonrr
04-23-2007, 11:08 AM
My 19 y/o son came home from college this weekend. He is home about every other weekend. He said how nice I looked and keep up the good work. But he is always very encouraging.

royalsfan1
04-23-2007, 11:31 AM
I love reading these, too! They just make my day! Thanks, ladies, for sharing!!!!

lilybelle
04-23-2007, 12:52 PM
My NSV is that I was in a slump. Depressed over my step-daughter situation and had gained a few lbs. Had been eating a little off track and and not exercising. WAs sick and on 2 different antibiotics. Just in general, felt like crap. I'm now happy to say that I admitted I was having a problem on the maintainer board. Received some much needed support and decided to just keep going forward and not wallow in my mistake. I'm now back to eating right and exercising and I feel so much better. I took a good, long look at my big rack of now smaller clothes and decided there is NO WAY that I'm gonna let myself move back into bigger sizes after all the work I've done to lose this weight. I'm proud that I caught it before it got too out of hand.

Slashnl
04-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Good to hear from you Lily! Sorry about the issues you've been having, but you did so good to turn it around so quickly!! Good for you!

lilybelle
04-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Slashnl, Thanks so much. It really is hard to come on here and admit that I've gained some weight and change my ticker. I'm working hard now to get back in my goal range which is 142-147. I did let stress and illness get the better of me this last week or so. But, I'm back on track and my BIG goal is to be back at my goal wt. of 145 by July 5th, my one yr. anniversary of reaching my goal. I know I can do this and I'm gonna DO it.

Slashnl
04-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Well, Lily, you have been and continue to be such an inspiration. I have
appreciated looking at your before and after photos and it just give me so much hope!!! It will be no problem for you to get back to goal!

GirlyGirlSebas
04-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Lillybelle, you inspired me when I first came to 3FC and you continue to inspire me. Congratulations on getting yourself back on track so quickly. While I know how very difficult losing the weight can be, I can only imagine how difficult it will be to maintain. I'm sure I'll be looking to you...and to our other maintaining friends...to show me how its done!

Mrs Quadcrew - I never ever get tired of hearing smaller clothes NSVs! Afterall, that is one of my biggest dreams on this journey...to go shopping for a new smaller wardrobe! Congratulations.

rockinrobin
04-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Oh Lily I am so sorry to hear that you were ill and are having troubles with your SD. I can definitely see where that could throw you off track. That doesn't take away anything from all the hard work you've put into your weightloss and all that you have accomplished. It sounds like you are nipping it in the bud before it escalates. BRAVO!!!! You'll be back to your goal weight by July for sure, I have no doubt. You are a strong and determined woman and you can and WILL do this. We're all here for you. :hug:

lilybelle
04-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Diane , Rhonda and Robin, thank you ladies so much. I'm so glad now to be back on plan and refocused. I did really well yesterday and today and have a better outlook now. My exercise is happening again. I did lower my calorie limit until this wt. is off. My attitude is better now and I'm sure this is just one of Many setbacks to come with keeping this wt. off for life. Weight will be a lifelong struggle for me, but I'm not turning back. Gotta keep going forward.

I'll tell you all a little about the SD situation. She has been denying she is pregnant. She is currently going through a divorce and her XH has custody of her 2 kids, ages 3 yrs. and 10 months. We forced her to go to the Dr. last Monday. She is 26-28 weeks pregnant and was taking pain pills, sleeping pills and muscle relaxants. Being a former OB nurse, this tore me completely up. I am so worried what will happen with this baby. DH has been very distressed too. She stayed here all last week and it seems like I just couldn't focus on my food plan at the time. I didn't binge eat, I just went over my calorie limit a little each day. Needless to say, she baked a cake and I ate a couple pieces of it.

Her soon to be XH doesn't want this unborn baby and she has absolutely no business with it. She is currently living with my MIL after we basically told her she couldn't live here. She is lazy, a slob, a lousy mother and has hot checks and warrants out for her all over the place. Plus, has had her driver's license revoked and hence can't get a job. The 3 yr. old hasn't been potty trained, so that means 3 in diapers at the same time. I really don't know what the future holds.

I do know that I can't let Her destroy my hard work. I really appreciate the support from you ladies.

BooBear2071
04-24-2007, 11:02 AM
(1) I no longer buy *extra queen* nylons. I am *merely* a queen size.

(2) I used to find train seats so uncomfortable. It was because my arse was so large I had no lumbar support. But I hurt my back and noticed the seats were a lot more comfortable. -- cause my butt was smaller.

lilybelle
04-24-2007, 12:40 PM
My NSV, after my gain last week, I woke up actually feeling thinner this morning. I've been staying on track with food and exercise and it's working. I'm back down 2 of the lbs. I've gained and I feel so happy . I guess the reason I'm feeling great is that I feel so motivated again to see that scale move and know that I've caught this gain and am doing something about it.

jennylou
04-24-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm a size 18!!!

rockinrobin
04-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Lilybelle, I am sooo very glad (though not surprised) to hear that you are back on track and your weight is headed DOWN. Great comeback!!!

I have an odd NSV. Although it really does involve the scale. It is in fact a scale. I am truly loving it and it's really big for me and kinda very telling for where my head is at right now. I took my daughter today for a well visit to the doctor. The nurse weighed her. When she was done weighing I removed my shoes and stepped on the scale. I couldn't resist. It was standing there and like I said I couldn't help myself. I used to avoid those things like the plague. It was truly something I did my best to avoid. At all costs. And here I was in the middle of the hallway there, strange place for a scale, no? and I just went right on. I actually WANTED to get on the scale - any scale, but a doctor's scale, too much to resist. After having not gone on for for close to 15 years and for me to now think that I LOVE going on them, just mindboggling. I feel as if I've really come full circle.

Oh, and it was 4:30 in the afternoon and I was fully clothed, minus just my shoes, as opposed to when I weigh at home, bare and first thing in the morning and it said 167. I was happy with that. And of course then the doctor passed by. I said to him "I just can't resist.". He mentioned my weightloss the last time I saw him. He too has just recently lost a bunch of weight. And he said, "I understand completely." I love this new life.

nelie
04-25-2007, 12:27 AM
I have a funny NSV. I went to the eye doctor today. While he was examining me he said my veins looked strong like a teenage athlete. I never thought anything about me looked athletic but I guess it shows what working out can do :)

lilybelle
04-25-2007, 01:28 AM
Robin, that's such a great NSV. I do the same thing at our pharmacy. They have an upright Dr.'s scale there and I always get on it. LOL.

LisaMarie71
04-25-2007, 09:01 AM
Robin, I love that NSV! Who would've ever thought we would start LIKING scales?

nelie, I love yours too -- it's so great to think about how much good we're doing for our bodies by working out. I mean, even your VEINS are getting compliments -- that's fantastic!! I've always had these thin measly veins that doctors could never find under all the fat. Maybe all this working out will get them to pop out more!

lilybelle, I just want to tell you how important you are to all of us -- not only do we get inspired simply by your pictures and your amazing transformation, but we also get to witness your dedication to getting back on track and to KEEPING the new life you've made for yourself. It's a wonderful example for the rest of us, and I thank you for it. :hug:

sept15lija
04-25-2007, 10:43 AM
I tried on a pair of 1X pants last night, too big, tried on a pair of X pants, also too big!! I'm getting to this awkward stage where a lot of the plus sizes are too big and the regular sizes are too small. YAY! :dizzy:

A question for you ladies....I want to reward myself for getting under 200 (hopefully by next weigh in) by going for a horseback ride. I haven't ridden since I was probably 16....and I'm wondering...do you think I'm still too big to ride? I know obviously there's men who ride who probably weigh around what I do...but I still feel like I might be too big. Any horsey type people with opinions on this?

zoritsa
04-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Yesterday I got my garden prepared,even expanded it some(may even expand it some more),and didn't stop once.So a good 30-40 minutes of getting the soil turned and weeded.

Also, went for a short bike ride with my son on the back :)

Lifeguard
04-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Liz - that's a great reward & no you are not too big! I have rode horses several times even at my current weight without any difficulties or even comments.

I packed a lunch today!

gumboot
04-25-2007, 01:15 PM
I have a non scale victory! :)

I went to visit my sister in Chilliwack yesterday. Normally when I am there we pig out on junk all night. Chips, pop, chinese food or kfc and I leave so full I feel like I am going to burst!

Yesterday evening, I sipped on lemon water and a batch of homemade kale "potato chips" (hey, they really taste like potato chips even though they are made from kale!!). For dinner she grudgingly agreed to have subway (one of the healthier quick things I could think of), so I had a turkey sub on whole wheat topped with a ton of veggies and ff honey mustard. Whew!
I left feeling satisfied for a change, not like I am going to explode by the time I hit the freeway :)
That is a big victory for me!

Slashnl
04-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Way to go Gumboot!! (By the way, I love that name! What does it mean?)

lilybelle
04-25-2007, 01:50 PM
zoritza, I've been doing my garden too. It was the first time we've planted in this ground. So, it took me about 2 weeks of constant hard work to get mine completely weeded.

Liz. You go girl. Absolutely , ride those horses.

Lisa, thanks so much for the wonderful compliment.

My SV and NSV. My jeans are looser this morning and the scale is back down another lb. Hey, this staying on plan and exercising really does work.

sept15lija
04-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Lilybelle - LOL you're right! WTG on your SV & NSV! :)

Thanks for the feedback on the horseback riding, I am SO looking forward to it!!! :hyper:

booklover
04-25-2007, 02:57 PM
I had a very nice NSV yesterday. One my clients whom I haven't seen in about a month commented that I looked like I had lost a lot of weight. It was nice to hear, because no one at work has noticed -- yet. Of course, they see me every day, and we are crazy busy, so it makes sense my co-workers would not notice.

However, the NSV made my day. :)

GirlyGirlSebas
04-25-2007, 03:13 PM
A question for you ladies....I want to reward myself for getting under 200 (hopefully by next weigh in) by going for a horseback ride. I haven't ridden since I was probably 16....and I'm wondering...do you think I'm still too big to ride? I know obviously there's men who ride who probably weigh around what I do...but I still feel like I might be too big. Any horsey type people with opinions on this?

Hey, Liz. At the campground at Disneyworld, their weight limit is 250. At 200, you should have absolutely no problems anywhere! Enjoy!

sept15lija
04-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks Rhonda! I guess the other thing I'm worried about is they might ask how much I weigh....:o

BooBear2071
04-25-2007, 08:09 PM
It is somewhat rare for me to ever really be hungry. But today I was totally dying. I think it is PMS and the cold rainy weather. But I really struggled not to dive into a brownie -- although I am dying for one -- and although I am not 100% clean for the day - I am near my calorie count for the day. I went to the store with the intention of buying a plate of pasta but instead got a salad and actually loved it.

It was really really hard today.

rockinrobin
04-25-2007, 09:30 PM
I still can't get over this one. As many of you know I work out of my home. Well today a client came to my home who I haven't seen since early fall. She gets in the house and says to me, I swear to you, "Are you new? What happened to the other woman that used to work here."

LisaMarie71
04-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Robin!!! That's SO great!

sept15lija
04-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Robin - that's great!! Does she not realize it's your home?? :lol:

becoming wisdom
04-25-2007, 11:47 PM
She ... says to me, "Are you new? What happened to the other woman that used to work here."

:rofl: ROFLMAO! Robin, this absolutely made my day!

Seriously, I hope you were able to say something like "She really cares about what's important, and works hard to get it right. She still stands right here." because that would just be the sheer truth! What an inspirational NSV, thanks so much for sharing it with us!

lilybelle
04-26-2007, 02:55 AM
Robin, that is funny. You're becoming unrecognizable. LOL. WTG.

My NSV today, as most of you know I had gained weight and am working so very hard to lose it. We left the house today to go fishing and I felt so lost without Fitday. I kept a running tab in my head of all my calories and logged in every bite tonite. I was so afraid that I'd go over my strict 1200 cal's that I'm currently doing. I came in at 1194 cal's. Yippee, I didn't go over.

sharonrr
04-26-2007, 02:11 PM
I took our dog to the groomers today. I don't think she has seen me since I weighed 255 before I came to 3fatchicks. My DH usually takes the dog.
Before I even got in the door her first comment was, "My you've lost alot of weight." Next is always how did you do it. I just eat healthy, exercise and drink lots of water.

royalsfan1
04-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Big one for me today! I tried on a pair of size 18 capris and top that have been hanging in my closet for almost 4 years. They fit! What's even better about this outfit...it is what I was wearing the night I met my husband for the first time (we met on eharmony). I think that next weekend (this weekend is full) I'm going to invite him out on a date and I'm going to wear that outfit! I wonder if he'll recognize it...?

JasonsLea
04-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Hmmmm, I think this is the first time I'm posting here. It isn't much but I felt really proud of myself today. First off, I didn't have time to eat breakfast. My mama always goes to McDonalds for coffee in the morning and she always asks me if I want something. Well today I said yeah, a fruit parfait. They didn't have any. I was hungry and was tempted to get a chicken biscuit when I remembered that I had thrown an extra sandwich in my lunch bag for some reason last night. So I had that and a bottle of diet green tea for breakfast. Alright. Fast forward to mid shift break, which I took really late. Why? Cause my head supervisor is a stupid ******* who yelled at me for five minutes for something I didn't do.:mad: I was pissed and as always those damn cravings hit me. I went into the canteen to get my daily orange juice and went looking for the miniature york peppermint patties that they usually sell individually. I was just going to get one to satisfy the craving and not totally blow my pts apart, ya know? Got to the cash register, no patties. That Hersheys was looking mighty good but instead a grabbed a mint and took off. And guess what? It worked. I sucked on that mint, sipped my OJ and felt much calmer. I was still a little pissed off so I went to the Starbucks for a smoothie. I decided that it would be my lunch. Now they make their smoothies with ice, water, and this smoothie mix that I just discovered you can get at Walmart. Don't know how many calories and such the mix has. I had her add whipped cream. It's now three hours later and half of the smoothie is still sitting on my mama's desk, melting.....along with ALL the whipped cream! Don't want it no more. I know it cost almost $4 but I just don't want no more. I'm still getting the hang of ditching my penny pinching ways for better health overall. :)

Cheryl14
04-26-2007, 10:12 PM
Great goin' everyone! :carrot:

My NSV is I get the pair of cargo shorts my son GREW OUT OF because THEY NOW FIT ME!!!:cb: I have lost THREE MORE INCHES in my waist thanks to Turbo Jam, Core Secrets and HipHopAbs!!!

JasonsLea
04-27-2007, 08:13 AM
YAY Cheryl!

sept15lija
04-27-2007, 09:31 AM
That's awesome Cheryl!! I've been meaning to get Turbo Jam...obviously you think it's worth it??

(Sorry not sure if this is a SV or not!!) Last night I had a physical at my doctor's office and the nurse weighed me. I got on the scale and she left the big weight at "150" and started sliding up the smaller weight sort of slowly...and was confused when she got all the way to the end! She then apologized and moved the big weight to 200 and the small weight ended up at like 1 or 1.5 or something. She was like "Wow I never would have guessed that! You hide it so well!" :lol: I liked that comment! And then my doc gave me lots of nice comments that I really enjoyed...I've been looking forward to them ever since I booked this appt! ;)

Mrs Quadcrew
04-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Those are the BESTEST NSV's -getting some postivie response from the Dr's office!!:D

I can't wait for the day that I can get into DH's or DD's clothes.....that will be awesome! That had to feel great Cheryl!!

rockinrobin
04-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Liz that's just great.

Cheryl, great going on another 3 inches GONE. (I just ordered Turbo Jam, can't wait for it to arrive)

I was out and about yesterday. There was a brand spanking new Pizza Place that I passed in the neighborhood. It smelled so good as I was walking past it. In the old days I would have just walked right in and had a slice, or 2. But yesterday, I kinda just enjoyed the smell, thought to myself, wow it would be nice to be able to go in and eat a slice. And then a sec later thought, no I really don't want it - at all. I don't mind not eating it even a little bit. I really, really truly didn't want it and completely felt as if I wasn't depriving myself or sacrficing ANYthing. That's a victory in my book for sure.

Cheryl14
04-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Hey LIz and Robin!

I know that you both will LOVE Turbo Jam! :carrot: :carrot: Be sure to do "Learn and Burn" for awhile so that you really get the right form for each of the exercises, then you will get the most benefit from them. I go back to "Learn and Burn" every so often just to make sure that my form is good.

My oldest son is a Tae Kwon Do Black Belt, and he says that form is REALLY important to effective kicks and punches! By doing them powerfully and doing them CORRECTLY, you get AMAZING RESULTS! ( Chalene Johnson of Turbo Jam has background in Tae Kwon Do also.)

Don't worry if you can't kick as high as the people in the video! Stretch deeply and hold the stretches. Your flexibility WILL improve! I began yoga a couple years ago AT AGE 53! Trust me, flexibility CAN improve even at an older age! Yoga is a GREAT compliment to Turbo Jam!

Have water handy! You WILL sweat!:carrot: :carrot:

Cheryl

Lifeguard
04-27-2007, 01:31 PM
This morning my DH came into the bedroom just after I got dressed & was all eye-brow raised, nice shirt, lookin' good at me. LOL - I was just about to ask if the shirt was too tight! He's very honest about that so I knew I was ok!

nelie
04-27-2007, 01:47 PM
I can feel my spine and the individual vertebrae. It is the weirdest thing. I was just touching my back and then felt "something" that wasn't there before or I never noticed.

LisaMarie71
04-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Lots of compliments today, so I felt good in my new size 14 pants and XL shirt (which is actually too big for me, even though I've got a L-size tank under it!) I have a student (she's actually kind of a problem student) who almost always mentions my weight loss, but especially if I'm wearing clothes that fit. She's said this many times, but today as I was walking around passing out papers, she said, "Mrs. _____, you are SO SMALL." I said, "No, I'm smallER than I was before." (This was kind of good, as I was teaching the comparative and superlative forms of modifiers anyway at the time! :lol: ) She looked at me and said, "NO. You are SMALL." That felt really good. I know I'm not actually "small," but it was nice to hear anyway.

Penney
04-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Okay - I am not sure if this counts as a real NSV - but here goes....

My glucose levels have been all over the board and I have almost passed out twice - I was positive I was doing something wrong in treating my diabetes. Especially since my weight loss has pretty much completely stalled.

I went to the doctor today - turns out - it is not me - I need to have my meds changed. This is supposed to not only fix my glucose levels - but it should allow my weight-loss to kick back in as well.

Slashnl
04-27-2007, 07:05 PM
Good news Penney! I'll bet you are relieved.

rockinrobin
04-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Penney, that IS good news. I'm so happy for you.

lilybelle
04-28-2007, 03:37 AM
I have been camping the last few days with family and friends. My best friends mom saw me today and said "I just can't get over how skinny you are". Another friend that hadn't seen me in a long time said "OMG, girl you are completely Bony". My best friends son said "hey, Lily get your skinny butt in here and eat breakfast", LOL. My own sister even said "the only reason you feel cold out here fishing is you have no insulation on your skinny butt".

All these comments had me feeling so good. I ate healthy food and refused most all the junk they had cooked up.

boaterswife
04-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Lilly, that's awesome! What complete determination and will power you have! Everyone in your life must be so proud of you...you go girl!

I haven't posted an NSV in awhile. The complements are still comming in, but nothing else real exciting has happened lately. Today, however, two things happened. First, I was getting dressed to go to my WW meeting and wanted to wear a pair of Adidas capris that I haven't worn in about 3 weeks. I pulled them on and they slid about 1/2 way back down my hips. They're too big to the point of not looking nice on....they weren't like that a couple weeks ago! I started thinking about when I got these pants a few months ago....they were snug, they looked ok, but I wouldn't have wanted to be even a pound heavier and put them on. Now they've run the course and they're too big to wear. I have trouble wrapping my head around it! Then I saw a girlfriend at the store who I haven't seen in since before the weight loss started. She immediately ran up and hugged me and said "Oh my gosh! I looked over and thought 'there's half of Kelly'!" That made me feel so good!

lilybelle
04-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks Kelly and WTG on your wonderful NSV's.

This morning I realized that most all of my jeans are in the laundry. So, I found a pr. of khaki jeans in the back of my closet that are size 7 and that I wore last summer. I put them on and they are totally too big. I am using a belt to hold them up. LOL. This felt good because my waist is my "problem area" and my waist must be smaller now than when I first reached goal or these jeans would still fit tight on my tummy.

NickiB68
04-29-2007, 05:33 PM
I measured my self last night and have lost 2.5 inches from my waist and 1 inch from my hips in 2 weeks. :carrot:

boaterswife
04-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Way to go, NickiB! That rocks!!!

My NSV is more of a "conquering of myself" type thing. I needed a top to wear with some dressy capris for my DD's confirmation in two weeks, and I was hoping to find something that could do double duty so I would be able to wear it to a wedding in July. I wanted something dressy enough for both occassions, but that I thought would fit well enough now and 3 months from now. Tall order to fill, as I'm still losing weight. Well, a good friend talked me into going to Dress Barn to look around. I haven't been there in YEARS. Not only did I find a super cute, dressy top....I found THREE of them! And....I bucked up and spend the $100 for the three tops! This may not sound like much of an NSV, but for me it's huge. It goes back to the changing of the mentality that I AM WORTH IT!!!

crazynette826
04-30-2007, 06:33 AM
Kelly, that's awesome!! You are worth it!! I'm sure the tops are gorgeous!

Shellyknits
04-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Went to a meeting that I go to once a month yesterday. Haven't seen quite a few of the gals there in awhile. Got lots of "How much weight have you lost??!!" questions. It was fun. Strange as it sounds, I'm starting to feel more "normal sized". Maybe I'm crazy. Also fessed up and told my dh what I weigh. That was very freeing. It felt good to be honest with him (not that he minds either way). It helped me a lot.

boaterswife
04-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Shelly, oh my gosh, I totally understand what you're saying. Yesterday for the first time I was shopping and felt "NORMAL". Like this is what everyone else does, but I hadn't had the opportunity in way too many years. I was walking around picking up size large tops to try on, DD was behind me telling me to try on mediums (they're still a bit too snug for my taste). The thing was, I wasn't immediately looking to find the largest size an item came it. What a revelation, and a whole new world.

My NSV: I hear people talking about me, when they don't think I can hear them. It's kinda nice to hear great comments like "look how great she looks" when two people are having a coversation about you. You know they mean it because they're saying it to someone else, not just to you to make you feel good. Know what I mean?

sept15lija
04-30-2007, 02:03 PM
I LOVE reading all of these!

I had some family get togethers on the w/e and saw some people I hadn't seen in a while. They were telling me how fabulous I look and my sister's MIL was asking for diet advice, and then my MIL was asking for help too! I was sort of worried about the w/e because it was going to involve a lot of food at the different get togethers. I did really well though - I need to learn to trust myself!

RememberHowToSmile
05-01-2007, 12:39 AM
I was studying with some friend today (last week of finals) and I brought a sandwich and grapes for lunch. My friends had sandwiches and chips. I completely avoided the chips.

Then we had to run to the store so that we can get more post-it tabs and they wanted to stop for ice cream. So they went to DQ and I politely declined. The thing was I wasn't really tempted by it. I've NEVER turned down DQ!!!

rockinrobin
05-01-2007, 07:03 AM
WAY TO GO EVERYBODY!!!!!!!

April's outta herre - Let's head over to May's thread.

Butterflydawn
05-07-2007, 09:35 PM
wow I feel so inspired by you all. This has been a rough week. i feel so down about the way I look. How do you get motivation when your embarressed to leave the house?

Butterflydawn :?: