Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #31  

Height: 5'3"

It's been kind of a rough day...silly me, I took both my antibiotics at the same time (right after breakfast) and became nauseous at the gym. Walked my mile and did the hand bike for six minutes but couldn't finish the rest of my workout. Good thing I left when I did as I was sick on the way home. This on top of the rest of my pain kept me from feeling up to doing much. I took a two hour rest...and nausea was gone when I got up, we followed our original plan for the day and went to Costco. By the time got home of course I was wiped out again. So not much done here at home again. I need a maid! Dh was busy working very hard in the yard, doing work he needed to do before it rains again. It was cloudy today but the sun did come out for a little while. Dinner is beef and broccoli (and mushroom) stir-fry and rice.

Karen3 - The "tum" is maybe a little better...still some very mild pain. I think if I need surgery it's probably my hernia I need more but apparently doc thinks the colon issue is more dangerous. At least I know my hernia is very large so not much chance of any tissue necrosis of any organ that slips up there (like stomach which was there last time they looked). The worst is likely a collapsed lung like happened before but this time around I should know if that happens.

Glynne - Good luck with the job search.

Donna - Hi! Hope things are going ok. How is your hip?
Old 11-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning from a crisp louisiana. Feels wonderful. It's 44 degrees this morning. Dh is getting ready to put the sausage smoking. Last night after work we seasoned and stuffed 80 lbs of hot pure pork sausage. We are not going to the camp tonight. May go tomorrow after we shop for recliners.
Karen fl you will be happy to know I have been back on my diet 100% for 2 days now. The test will be this weekend. I'm feeling better. I'm off the carbs completely for a few more days. If I can get the sugar out ofy system I will stop craving them and should do better sticking to my plan. Thank you for the encouragement. Sometimes you get better results with kindness than threats Karen. Lol. Just joking!

Be back later. Hi to all.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 11-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #33  
Jacksonville, FL

Default Retreat

My women's group is going to Beth Moore in Daytona Beach today and tomorrow for our annual retreat...I am so looking forward to a day away concentrating on God in my life....
Old 11-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Cajun...2 more days, sweet pea.....

Deelou.....Big ACBL bridge tournament in Daytona. Started Monday and ends Sunday at the Daytona Beach Plaza and spa, oldest hotel on the beach. Unlike bikers will be hundreds of nerds and ole ladies. Watching the ocean at sunrise/sunset makes the world seem Godly.

Last edited by Karen3; 11-08-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Karen -- you and Deelou should try to meet up at a place somewhere! It was so much fun to be able to sit across from Donna at the table a couple months ago..
Old 11-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelou View Post
Ladyinwaiting, How can she exercise like that! The fatigue is the worse part of my thyroid disease, then weight......!
Hi Dee,

She built up to it. She began doing marathons before she got Graves. During the worst of it, she was VERY hyperT. Passed out at one of the marathons. After she had her Thyroid radiated, she went hypoT. This was when she began having REAL problems with feeling fatigue. Her doctors told her the only to NOT gain weight was to get back to running.

Lynn
Old 11-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #37  

Today is a better day although I'm still not up to much, but did a little more at the gym. I only walked 1/2 mile but biked for 20 min plus a couple other machines. Also got more housework done and a load of laundry. Stripped bed and will get dh to help me make it when he gets home. Our mattress is very big and will make my chest hurt more trying to do it alone. This is our 15 year old granddaughter's birthday so still plan to call her also. Hope you're all having a good day.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #38  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy week-end...Bruce is happy. I'm happy. 1st day of deer hunting season and he left at 5:30 for his deer stand. I have the whole day to myself, can't wait to get started with Christmas Decorations. I'm a tad early this year but we're having Thanksgiving at my house with my brothers/sisters/spouses plus our DD and Grandkids... I want it festive looking.

Take care everyone...ta ta.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #39  

Happy weekend. I,ll bet you had agreat day Bobbie. I always loved when steve went hunting,This is the 1st year that he didn't get to becuz of my surgery.I bet your house looks festive. We had a mishap under our kitchen sink,a pipe came loose and all the yucky sink water flooded that cupboard and the kitchen floor. what a mess but an easy fix. I had to wash all the pots,and bowls and cassaroles stored under there. the good thing is it got cleaned and rearranged. my niece posted on facebook that she needed help,as she had a chimney fire. she lives with her brother 2 girls(she;s raising them since his death 2 yrs ago) off the grid. she uses wood stove for heat so my dh went to help,replaced some stove pipe and used brushes to clean the stove pipes,shes all safe now. she has lots of animal,besides dogs,cats,goats and chickens she has 4 alpacas,steve tried to get them to come to him by whistling and smooching at them. my neice said they come when you hum.. so steve started humming and soon had 4 alpacas giving him kisses. wish id gotton a picture. seems hes an animal magnet,they all love him. lol.
I would send befor and after pictures but my printer is down and that's hooked to the puter I use for downloading my pictures. the next time my dd is here i'll get her to take some and e-mail back to me so I can post them.im feeling better and wanting to start swimming again.
we still don't have any snow.im loving that,and the wood stove is wonderful except steve gets it to hot in here. the other night I sat in my undies and had both doors open,i wouldn't let him put any more logs on it was too hot. however when its below zero it will feel great. I was raised with wood stoves and its a comfort thing for me. just don't know why we never put one in befor.
well here I am rambling along,hoping your weekends good for you, ((((hugs))) for all rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 11-09-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #40  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Rosey - so good to hear from you! The wood stove sounds lovely.... and you sound happy and contented. I'll be glad when you can send pictures, too!

Nothing to report. GORGEOUS here again. I'm loving this Fall!

Hope you're all doing well. Later, lovelies!
Old 11-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hello...Just reporting in so Donna won't have to hunt me down again. I am struggling with feeling so sad for my friends. Annabelle and her daughters, My 3 bridge partners wives and now my GF Pattie has 4cm rectal mass. Getting old with old friends sucks!

Weather here is perfect. 80 days and 60 at night. It could stay this way all the time, please!

Too down to do personals....maybe tomorrow. Just know you are all in my thoughts. k3
Old 11-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #42  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

So sorry K3 about all those friends of yours and people you know who are deaing with that horrible cancer. Thoughts and prayers for all.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Sending hugs to you Karen---- I'm so sorry that so much is going on all at the same time. Sending lots of prayers.

Deelou---That would be so awesome to see Beth Moore in person.. My sister and I have done several of her studies in small groups at my sisters church. Just love her and almost seems like you know her!! I'm jealous!
Old 11-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #44  

Hi Goldies! I started a post earlier and my computer froze on me. It's been a lazy sort of day. ...church this am, lunch was spinach ravioli (from frozen), vegetables and pasta sauce on the side (if wanted) and garlic rolls. I liked it, dh didn't. A long nap, then our son came over for a while. We were going to the Sr meeting at church tonight but dh is very tired and my "tum" is still acting strangely so probably best we stay home. Yesterday was spent shopping for groceries and a gift for gs whose birthday is this week. A little shopping makes me way too tired. I gained 1.2# this week, don't like it but I expected it. I have to lower my calories more now to lose and it's hard. My inner child..

rosey - Loved your story about Steve and the alpacas. A wood stove does sound cozy...maybe Steve keeps it hot because he likes to see you in your undies?

Karen3 - Sorry about all your friends being so sick. A lot of the people my dh worked with have gotten cancer and he is now going to memorial services more frequently. But of course he (and they) are getting close to 80 so guess that's the way it goes when you get that age. I remember my grandma who lived to 104 saying all her peers were dead. She couldn't understand why she was still around. It's hard enough when they are old but it's really hard when it's a young person who is so ill.

Last edited by maryea; 11-10-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. Dh and I had a very busy weekend. We smoked 80 lbs of sausage Friday. Went out to eat with ds and bil Friday night. Saturday morning we went recliner shopping. Did y'all know there are recliners for different people. We must have sat in 45 chairs. The ones that dh was comfortable in were not comfortable for me. We ended up getting 2 different styles of chairs but with the same material. They won't be in for 6 to 8 weeks. We finished with that and went home packed and left for the camp. Ds and bil came and we grilled steaks on the open fire. Sunday morning dh and I got up and went into the woods to get stands ready for deer hunting next weekend. Got back to the camp and cleaned up left. On Sunday afternoon there is a mass called hunters mass. It's ok to come in your camo or hunting clothes. Well we were not in our hunting clothes but we did smell the campfire. We usually have time to shower but didn't this time. We made it and that's what counts I guess. We got back home and wrapped 80 lbs of sausage. Ate supper showered and fell into the bed at 8. Tired tired. I fell asleep immediately. We needed to go get a few groceries for the house but will do that after work this afternoon. The turkeys are on sale for 50 cents a lb. we will get some for thanksgiving and Christmas. That's the cheapest I've seen so far.

Karen today is day 6 and I'm pleased to say you are right. I have you your 4 days plus and I think I've gotten over my carb cravings. Saturday night after we grilled steaks. We made s'mores and I ate none. Yes I did want a taste for a minute but it passed and I was very proud. I was very pleased with myself at the camp. I stuck to my plan. I will weigh in Wednesday. Hopefully with good results. Thank you!!!

Mary I sure hope you can get rid of your pain soon.
Rosey I can only imagine how cozy your living room is with the fire. Would love to see your before and after pics of yourself.

Bobbi it sounds like you have the holiday spirit already. Some years I have it and some years I don't. With both our sons living in their own homes I'm a little heartbroken them not getting up Christmas morning here. We are not sure how we are going to handle things this year. Did dh get a deer yet?

Sorry I missed some of you. I have to get back to work. Hi to all.

Hugs
Cajun
Closed Thread