Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #46  

Height: 5'3"

Happy Veterans Day everyone! It's a pretty day, sun shining . Dh is working in yard and when our son gets here he will take some stuff to the dump. Then my dh and son are both veterans so we are going to try to get in at Applebees today for them to get a free meal. It may be a long wait but dh wants to do it, so we'll see. My weight was back down to 160 so hope I don't mess that up. My bs remains high but if I do still have an infection that can account for some of it. I can't tell that the antibiotics are helping anything however I am not really uncomfortable, just not back to normal. I think it is my hernia that is making me more uncomfortable but even that is less now. I got my picture taken for renewing my passport the other day. So once I get it, if I am ever well we can maybe go somewhere out of country. Dh is getting restless.

Cajun - Dh was saying the other day that he wants to get rid of our sofa in the family room and put in another recliner instead. We also have another large chair (not recliner) that he feels could serve as a sofa if needed. But I don't know that I would like that. Glad you found the recliners you needed. Glad you are getting over the carb cravings too...I am better but not all the way there. It is hard for me to find something to eat that is not a carb and the few things that I do like I get tired of quickly.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #47  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Goldens!I'm feeling the love this morning. It's so nice to read the post and see what you're all doing. (Even tho I post so seldom) Spell check doesn't like my word tho.

I certainly am in the holiday mood since I get daily emails on holiday foods to try. Yesterday they showed on video how to make turkey gravy the day before with no mad rush when serving dinner. They baked some turkey wings with onion, green pepper and a carrot. Then scraped the vegetables, pan juices and turkey wings into a pot and simmers them covered with water, bay leaf. Next step was to make a roué with flour (I usually use corn starch) and some of the fat, drain the veggies and turkey from the broth and added the broth. Season with salt to taste. This is not the exact recipe but you get the idea. The only thing I'm asking you gals about is reheating. Sometimes when I refrigerate gravy and heat it up in the microwave, it gets watery. Maybe it's because I use corn starch instead of flour, any ideas anyone? Or maybe it has to be reheated on the stove top?

I also printed out a pumpkin cream cheese pie recipe, looks divine.
Okay, enough of the tempting food on a dieting site.

Yesterday I fine cleaned all the deer trimmings for 99.99% fat free hamburger and ground it up. When I make it, I add store bought sausage or beef hamburger for some fat in the deer burger. When I have the freezer space, I mix it in before freezing. This year my brother had tons of really nice worm free apples and my freezer if full of them.
Bruce is starting to get antsy, gotta go get our exercising in at the YMCA.
TaTa
Old 11-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #48  

Bobbi, my dd fixes her turkey the day ahead (not sure about the gravy) and somehow cooks it with vegetables. She told me how she does it but I forgot. Seems much more healthy the way she does it than the usual way. She cooks the dressing separately. I like having someone else cook anymore.

Didn't get to the gym this morning...I didn't sleep much last night. I was dizzy from my meds and expected to sleep it off but didn't work out that way. My arm is still giving me pain. I continue to exercise it every day but do not do the whole list of exercises (lots!), I do 7 in am and then 1-4 in the evening plus stand against the wall for a minute every now and then during the day. I thought that would be enough for maintenance but maybe not. The exercises are for both my back and my shoulder/arm.

We had a nice time yesterday with our son. Went to Applebees...only had a short wait and enjoyed the food more than usual. We also had our son's gf's gd (7). I only ate about 1/2 and meant to bring home the rest but forgot it. Probably for the best as I did pretty well the rest of the day and was back down to 159 this am. They stayed awhile at the house afterwards and we enjoyed talking with them and trying to keep the little one entertained. Shes a sweetie.

Well, hope you are all enjoying the season...seems like time is flying by for me...
Old 11-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi......You all won't believe this...I am sitting here with my siding glass door open and ceiling fan running. Waiting for the cold front the WFs say will be here tonight. It was so hot today Dash took a swim. Lovely wet dog stink now!

I'll find out tomorrow about the 3 wives. My friend has to go for EUA imagine. They aren't sure what they will do. I suspect that they will be going North. The mass is 4cm which is 1.5 inches....

Played bridge yesterday and we came in 2nd. Best part was the last round, we played the top 2 players and got 19 out of 24 points. Gloating at the table is not allowed, but NOW!!!!!!!

Made grilled NC tuna steaks for dinner. Daryle's in Manneo marinate tuna fillets in Italian dressing and grill about 6 minutes a side. So good. So easy. I have been going thru recipes I haven't done in years. Beef birds which used sf sweet pickles and learned not to nuke for reheat (hockey puck). Cleaned the upper freezer this afternoon. yuck....strange yellow stuck on bottom with bits of broccoli buds???? Can't believe I have 8 bags of dark cherries hiding in there....

hugs to all....k3
Old 11-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Karen-- I'm jealous of your warm temps!! We are sitting here in front of the fireplace, wearing sweats and wrapped in an afghan!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Temp ---.jpg (22.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 11-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #51  

Dropped to 47 at 3am and is about 50 now....big diff
Old 11-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning girls. Today is weigh in day. I lost 2 lbs this week. I'll take that. I'm doing really well. Let's hope I can continue. We woke up to 32 degrees this morning. Love this weather. The weekend is supposed to be 80 and rainy. That's a big difference in temperatures.
Dh was wanting gumbo for supper. This morning sister called to invite us over for gumbo. Dh was happy. I was because I don't have to cook. Do y'all ever get tired of cooking? I sure do. Sometimes I just don't know what to cook.

Karenfl did you get any of the cold weather we got last night?

Bobbi we always mix our deer meat with ground pork. Usually we mix it 60 pork/ 40 deer. Very moist. It makes good spaghetti, burgers, chili, and just about anything you do with ground meat.

Mary just about anything good is loaded with carbs. I also get burnt out eating the same things.

Karen 31 do y'all have a lot if snow on the ground? Stay warm!!!

Work is calling. Hi to all
Hugs
Cajun
Old 11-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #53  

Good Morning! Still chilly here but no snow!! Very rarely do we ever get snow here and if we do it isn't much. But we do get ice storms that are not much fun!! Thanks goodness we can usually get everything we need before hand and not have to drive on the icy roads when we have them.

Hope everyone has a good day. I need to get busy and get some stuff done here. Been being lazy for to long!!
Old 11-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #54  

Hi everyone.its cold here today.winter is here and im really enjoying the wood stove. I finally figured how to download pictures with my dd laptop that shes letting me use until I can buy a new one. so heres the befor and after pictures. my lower pooch is gone and that's what I was so happy about. I look and feel more normal and am so pleased with the results. I still have a belly just not as big as it was and the part that hung down is gone yay..now im going to try an maintain as even tho im not itty bitty im happy where im at compared to where I was,if that makes any sense lol.The last picture is befor any of my journey started. I have been planning thanksgiving and starting to do the extra cleaning that I need to do befor the kids get here. I wouldn't have the extra work if I wasn't so lazy at doing what I should do. im a great "gorker" hope you have agreat day. rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (20.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (24.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (25.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg GetAttachment (2).jpg (7.0 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by akrosey49; 11-13-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #55  

We got to the gym this morning, but I was dizzy from my antibiotic. I got through at least 1/2 mile on the track and 13 min on the bike plus 6 min on hand bike and said enough! Came home took more antibiotics, fell into bed and slept for two hours. So of course nothing done around here. I will be glad when I am done with these antibiotics. I honestly have not seen any difference with taking these nasty meds since I started the first round...the pain was getting pretty bad then and they did help then, but since the first round, the pain is only a few times a day and it is so mild that it doesn't bother me much, but the doctor still seems very concerned and I guess he knows what he is doing.

Rosey - Enjoyed your pictures...your tummy is so flat now! You have been through a lot but you are seeing the rewards now. Keep up the good healthy eating. Are you able to exercise more now?

The weather sure varies in some of your areas...it is still nice here...sun comes out most days but it is coolish. Not so much for me but dh thinks it is. I came in the house today and it was so hot! Looked at the thermostat and he had turned it up to 72. That really isn't needed except for maybe in the family room in the evening. It does get chilly in there about this time of year. I think he had turned it up for the morning (he hates it chilly when he gets up which doesn't bother me at all) and just forgot to turn it down.

Last edited by maryea; 11-13-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #56  

Rosey!! Your pictures are fantastic!!! You look absolutely awesome!!! I'm so happy for you!! You can see the sparkle in your eyes now even more so now!! Just Beautiful!!! So proud of you.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #57  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Rosey - thanks for sharing the pictures! You look fab, dahling!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:47 AM   #58  

Rosey...thank you we have been waiting to see the New You! You look Fabulous just Fabulous, darling!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies. We went to sisters last night. I ate what I was supposed to. Didn't touch the homemade bread or dessert. I was proud of myself. Another cold night. We had a big frost this morning. Nothing new going on around here.

Rosey I also loved seeing your pics. Looking great girly.
Mary I sure hope you get over this pain in your stomach.
Hi to all. Gotta go.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 11-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #60  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Rosey...you're beautiful!

P.S. I googled why gravy breaks down after refrigerating it. Cornstarch is what I use because it's nice and clear but you have to use flour in the gravy if making it the day before Thanksviving. I'm going to buy a few chicken wings and us those instead of cutting the wings off my turkey.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 11-14-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Closed Thread