3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~November Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/289279-%7E%7Enovember-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

Bobbolink 10-31-2013 09:34 AM

~~November Golden Girls~~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark? 60 mark? 70 mark? Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!

You're welcome K3:D

jess1 10-31-2013 10:19 AM

Good Morning on this last day of October! Bobbi - you're very efficient! Thanks....

Still nothing to report. Still boring as dripping water. Blah, blah, blah, blah... it is, however, quite lovely here. The WF, as usual, have missed the mark on our purported winter weather. It's beautiful. I'm sure at some point it'll snow, and they can say they predicted it. Bah!

Hope you're all having a good week. Be well, lovelies!

Karen3 10-31-2013 12:52 PM

YUP Thank you Bobbi.....I am baking that apple butter pie. I made apple butter out of unsweeten apple sauce. Used FF condensed milk. Total calories without crust is 1614 divided by 6 is about 270. It is in the oven for another 10 minutes. Then have to cool and refrig a few hours. Bowling licking was a good nod. Super easy.

I made the apple butter in the crockpot in a few hours.

1.5 cups of apple butter
4 lg eggs yolks
1.5 cups of ff condensed milk
2 Tbs cider vinegar

Whisk together bake at 350 about 20 minutes. Cool and refrig 2+ hrs.

2 recipes checked out and 35 more to go. Told you I need 6 Thanksgiving this year. Next is a butternut squash casserole. Brussels spouts roasted and then warmed in little bacon dripping and crunched bacon. Then stuffing-stuffed onions instead of just baking the stuffing as a side. Sliced sweet potato pie. and on and on...

Weather fools promised Fall, but 87 today sure isn't Fall. Have my goodies bagged for the Trick or Treaters tonight. we'll have 25+ mostly less then 7 yrs old. Really enjoy the little ones. Dash wants to own one. My fearless one hides and peeks around my knees at the tots. They get laughing at him and he sneaks in wet kisses.

Pie is out of the oven. Looks like a dark pumpkin pie. Now the wait.

That expensive hair cut is a mess. I have wisps flying in all directions. It'll be Xmas before I need another cut.

Karen3 10-31-2013 10:19 PM

TOSS The Recipe for apple butter pie.

akrosey49 10-31-2013 11:07 PM

Hi everyone not much going on. Just gorking and reading anne rice.s The witching hour,and have apot of chix stew simmering.no tricks or treaters again this year. cant seem to get my interest going on a project,unusual for me. there.s tomorrow tho :dizzy: have a peaceful nite. Rosey :wave:

akrosey49 11-01-2013 04:17 PM

Another rainy day but no snow yet yay. feeling a little more rested. hope your day is awesome rosey :wave:

glynne 11-01-2013 06:41 PM

Good evening GG's,

It was a beautiful sunny day here today. Love that sunshine.

I called the nursing home ~ mom was admitted yesterday. She is doing ok so far ~ they said it would take a few days for her to get adjusted, but so far, so good. It is a relief knowing that she is in a nice place and that she is safe and well taken care of.

Next job is to get the thank you notes written for all the kind and thoughtful things that people did at the time of dad's death. The out pouring of help and kindness ~ people were wonderful. Angels on earth.

Now if my D brother (the d does not stand for dear) would shape up, everything would be ok. He was awful at the time of dad's death, then did a turn around and was working together with us for the good of mom. Now, he has done a turn around ~ back to awful again. :?: Don't know what's up with that.

Hope to get to personals one of these times.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Take care

jess1 11-02-2013 04:48 PM

Good Hola, Goldens!

The WF say we should be snowed in on W and Th. Of course, I believe nothing, but it did give me the incentive to put a big pot of chicken noodle soup on to cook. Smells lovely, already. I hope we DO get snowed in! I'm happy puttering around, and I have a gas stove, so I never have to worry about food. Let it come, baby!

Hope you're all having a good Saturday! Later, lovelies!

ladyinweighting 11-03-2013 07:32 AM

Hi Everyone,

LOVED trip to Santa Fe, Taos, and Albuquerque. However, a LOT of great eating was wasted on me. I have never acquired a tolerance for hot/spicy food. The good news is that I lost weight on the trip.

The scenery was amazing on the drive from Taos to Santa Fe. Did LOTS of shopping in all towns. Got a really beautiful pair of turquoise earrings.

I begin a new course on Tuesday. Spent ALL DAY yesterday working on the syllabus. Phoenix has a new computer system - VERY different from the one I am used to - LOTS of glitches! Have been working on it all morning. Just taking a break to catch up here.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Lynn

Karen3 11-03-2013 11:37 AM

Morning all...We are having 2-3 days of fall, but summer temps back later this week. Hope everyone turned their clocks right. I have 2 that do it themselves and I do the 3rd one. Woke up at 3am or 5am according to dumb me.

Crock potting a small roast and thinking black beans and rice.

OMG...we need a new roof. Guy came Fri and estimate was okay. Sure not cheap, But the soonest we can be scheduled is Feb! No leaks but they are coming......This roof was done in 1993 after the No Name storm, so it has done okay. Think to get tax credit we would have to have white tiles with sparkly stuff on it. Can't see that. Glitter is glitter is tacky! New Cinderella house?

Lynn...Where's my pretty SW jewelry? Wow on vacation and no gain. Good job!

Donna...re wf...They predicted terrible summer of dozens of named hurricanes down here. None notta none

Gayle...so glad to hear the your mom is in a nice place. It will take at least 3 months for adjustment. Stay strong, lov

Bobbi...you are becoming an Urbanite! Walking the gym...

The awfullest thing is happening to my 2 Wed bridge partners. I have a Winter Bob and a Summer Bob. Both their wives are falling into dementia. I kept asking them to call each other. It finally happened and the relief each felt hearing how they are trying to cope and are not alone was heart warming. My Summer Bob (play from May to Oct) has been having huge pressure to move back north to Cape Cod with oldest son. Last week he was worried because 2 sons were coming for a visit. Gulp, I said do you want a big gun and told him that moving her at this stage be so harmful and she'd loss cognizance. She is safe now in a controlled community where she loved and watched by neighbors. Anyway, he had to use my big gun. He dressed me up as the MD and both sons after watching her agreed and pressure is off.

I ordered a puzzle board. Thinking I could set it up in my bedroom when the weather gets too cold. I would have to move the dining room table in here to fit the board. Sent it back.

Rosey...No snow! After surgery it takes months to rid the body of all those meds so gork out and just relax. The energy will return. Picture of the new you would be nice.

Driving spellcheck mad.....k3

Karen31 11-03-2013 04:15 PM

Hello everyone! Was a good Sunday, church and then lunch at Bob Evans with the family. Hope everyone remember to set their clocks back last night.

By the way..... How do you convince two Pomeranians that it is only 3:00 and their 4:00 treat will have to wait!!! Darn time change!!!

Deelou 11-03-2013 07:14 PM

I had a better day today. Have split my doses of armour thyroid, one at 5 or 6 am when I first wake and one at 2-3 it has helped. owever I felt so much like normal that I helped carry an end table across the room and was down like I had climbed 4 flights of stairs. Since I basically have no real exercise for two months I am very weak. I felt better an hour later though. Tomorrow I will try taking a 5-10 minute walk and see what happens, I have to build my strength back up....weight still sitting still....but my hope is in The Lord, so am trying to be patient and pray for wisdom on what to do.....

akrosey49 11-05-2013 12:10 AM

:wave:

Karen3 11-05-2013 09:36 AM

Quick hello all.....Just spent 1/2 hour on hold.......grrrrrrrr

Bobbolink 11-05-2013 09:59 AM

Hey hey....nothing interesting going on here either.
I was going to ask K3 where the spices were in the Apple butter pie.
Quote:

TOSS The Recipe for apple butter pie.
But I see you trashed the recipe? I ordered a felt roll up board for my puzzles a couple year ago, they don't work either.

Gayle...Your mom will adjust in the nursing home and your brother won't be able to take over her house...Amen

Donna...what time are you serving the chicken soup and can we have baking powder biscuits with it? I stumbled across a biscuit recipe last week that I made to go with chili. It was the bestest recipe yet, I'll post it later if I remember. The spell checkers doesn't like the word bestest but that describes them.

Hi Rosey...I have too many projects going right now, I purchased a cross stitch picture kit of 4 seasons of birds all on one mat. I like to keep my hands busy when I watch TV at night.
I have a quilt started and need to finish some cross stitch Christmas decorations from last year. After your major surgery, resting and charging up is best. Do you put up your Christmas decorations for Thanksgiving? That might boost your energy level.

I'm out of time, at 9am I listen to David Jeremiah on the radio while I fill in the cracks on my face.
Hi to anyone I missed.